Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dream big, work hard, achieve your goals - My DCM '19 Journey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

15th April

Decided to wear my Liverpool jersey for the day that's in it! Hard to believe it was 31 years ago. I was just shy of my 11th birthday & i remember my dad sending me over to the local shop to buy The Sun newspaper for him. I'll never forget the horrific images on the front page! Nobody should go to a football match & never come home...

On a happier note today is my daughter's 23rd birthday & she got to call down with my grandson to have some Lemon fancies & a cuppa tea in the garden:D

A date etched in the mind of every Liverpool fan - but what a memory to also have for that date :D Enjoying your answers over on A/R :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Murph_D wrote: »
    Yep, some sessions are like that, especially after a 50-mile week. (Couldn't possibly be related to hangover).;)

Thanks a mill D, with all the good days there will be not so good days, a good way to learn ;)
    A date etched in the mind of every Liverpool fan - but what a memory to also have for that date :D Enjoying your answers over on A/R :)

Thanks J a day that will never be forgotten! My youngest daughter was asking all about it so we watched a few documentaries & actual live footage of the match on you tube, I cried watching it, she couldn't believe something like this happened.

My daughter always says she was the best thing to ever come from that date as the Titanic also sank on that date:eek:

Thurs 16th April Easy miles

1:00 - 6.28mi - 9:35min/mi

An afternoon run on a lovely sunny day. Definitely a little busier out there but still managed successfully not to breathe too heavily or sweat on anyone... The route I chose actually had very few people on it after the 1st mile so happy days.

Fri 17th April W/U, 4*strides, 2*10mins@7:15/20, jog 5min, 2*1min@6:50, 1min jog, 2*1min@6:30, 1min jog, C/D

10 Mins - 7:18, 7:19
    1 Mins - 6:22, 6:41, 6:18, 6:17

Happy enough with this session, out early on another gorgeous day & I hit all my paces with the relevant efforts required!

Sat 18th AprilEasy miles

1:00 - 6.37mi - 9.26min/mi

Actually enjoyed this run today so hoping it was just a bad few days for me!

Sun 19th AprilEasy miles

1:15 - 8.23mi - 9:09min/mi

Nice & sunny, got it done & was happy I went out.

Hoping this will be a different week, Have the TT to focus on now:D

43.1 miles for the week.

Tues 21st April Easy Miles

1:00 - 6.34mi - 9.34min/mi

Nice early easy run on a lovely morning. Got nominated quite a few times for the Run 5, Donate 5, Nominate 5 so I ran this for the challenge, donated & nominated 5 non running friends to do it :D
    My 2 non running daughters also got nominated so decided to head out together on a 5k route I gave them. The older girl arrived back 1st & dropped at the door! She was fooked, it was hilarious. She must have sprinted bits of it then walked bits, I had told her to take it easy heading out but as per she did not listen to a word I said:rolleyes: The younger girl came back looking in much better condition than her sister because she did what I told her. She said she enjoyed it & would like to get fitter so she is going to start the couch to 5k, which I will help her with. Be nice to get maybe 1 runner out of 4 of them;)

Weds 22nd April W/U, 2*4mins@6:45, 90 sec rec, 4*1min@6:05, 2mins rec, C/D

6:52, 6:45
    6:09, 6:09, 6:10, 5:57

53:00 - 5.70mi - 9.18min/mi

Out early again this morning. Much cooler morning but soon warmed up. Took a little bit to ease into the 1st 4mins at pace & was running into a headwind so went with effort, form was good & eventually I relaxed into it. Enjoyed the fast mins & again concentrated on the efforts & my form. Nice little session.

Thurs 23rd April Easy miles
    1:00 - 6.38mi - 9:25min/mi

Nice easy run.

Fri 24th April Easy with Strides
    32mins - 3.47mi - 9:19min/mi

Gorgeous day for a short run with a few strides thrown in.

Sat 25th April Boards 5km TT:D

I wasn't really sure how this was going to go as I have never tried a TT before. Also it had been quite a tough week for me so I wasn't really sure how it would fair out? But I did know I was going to give it a hell of a go!

I set off for my warm up of a couple of miles then dropped my jacket back to the house & went to do a few strides. I felt good after them & hoped this would go well. Off I went, excitement & adrenaline kicked in & I looked down & the pace was too fast. Sh!t I thought, this is exactly what I have been trying to improve on & yet here I am making the same mistake:eek: Just before I clocked mile 1 I passed by a local shop with a gang of lads drinking & on bikes. They sneered & one of them pretended to cycle out into my path which annoyed me. I knew I had to change my route now as I was supposed to be doing 2 laps but didn't want to pass them again. Mile 1 6:25

Sh!t why was this getting tough already????? Eh maybe because you ran the 1st mile too fast, you idiot:rolleyes: I tried to to hold on but every single part of my body & mind was telling me to quit! I knew S wouldn't be too upset with me as I had discussed it with him. It really hurt so bad, this wasn't a real race I told myself...just stop, say it was too hard, you didn't have it in you! Then something in my head reminded me of the countless sessions recently that haven't gone my way but one thing I never did was quit! mind made up I continued to fight! Mile 2 6:50

My only real option now was into the park & do a couple of loops! The gravel was very uneven but better than passing those lads again:rolleyes: The 1st lap was ok but I knew I needed to push on a bit to get near my target time. I pushed but it was hard! I was looking at my clock a lot more frequently now just wishing this bloody thing was over! FINALLY i heard the beeping of the 5km distance approaching, like music to my ears. Mile 3 6:38

Total time 20:36 :D

Absolutely thrilled with this time as it is a virtual PB for me but I am mostly proud that I did not give up, it wasn't easy but I finished it on my own:D

Thanks so much to B for organizing & to all who took part:) It was like race day on strava watching all the times come in, a great success in a time of great uncertainty & difficulty!

Sunday 26th April Easy miles
    1:30 - 9.21mi - 9:50min/mi

Ran this totally based on how I felt. Weather was a bit cloudy but I really enjoyed this run!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭scotindublin

Brilliant effort in the TT; very well run. Sub 20 is definitely in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Well done E, great performance and fair play winning the fight with the mind.

About 10 years or so ago I was working in Howth, I was out running one afternoon close to Moyclare, anyone who knows Howth knows Moyclare is the only area that could possibly be considered rough, when a group of local toe rags who knew me started abusing me.

One hero decided he’d be braver than the rest and continued to abuse me on his robbed BMX(no doubt) as i ran. I continued running engaging him every so often but he failed to notice the traffic build up due to the rail lines being down for a DART. BANG straight into the boot of a Ford Mondeo he went and I laughed the whole way back to work.

OOnegative wrote: »
    Well done E, great performance and fair play winning the fight with the mind.

About 10 years or so ago I was working in Howth, I was out running one afternoon close to Moyclare, anyone who knows Howth knows Moyclare is the only area that could possibly be considered rough, when a group of local toe rags who knew me started abusing me.

One hero decided he’d be braver than the rest and continued to abuse me on his robbed BMX(no doubt) as he ran. I continued running engaging him every so often but he failed to notice the traffic build up due to the rail lines being down for a DART. BANG straight into the boot of a Ford Mondeo he went and I laughed the whole way back to work.

Yep that's a good result alright! Unfortunately it's quite common around some of where I run but feck it, I wasn't going to let them ruin it for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Another "race", another performance nailed! Phenomenal.

Brilliant mental strength on toughing it out. Can you teach that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

Another "race", another performance nailed! Phenomenal.

Brilliant mental strength on toughing it out. Can you teach that?!

Well done great TT! If your giving lessons LF I’m in !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Well done LF brilliant running pity abaout the dopes but well done for not letting it derail you :)

Mon 27th April V. Easy miles
    31:01 - 3.31mi - 9:23min/mi

Nice little plod around in the sunshine enjoying some tunes :cool:

Tues 28th April W/U - 5*4Mins@6:30, 3min rec & C/D

6:26, 6:36, 6:31, 6:40, 6:36

Had my alarm set for 7am but hit snooze & feel back asleep. Went out as soon as I woke a couple of hours later. The sun was shining & this was a session I was revisiting from the 14th of April. I wasn't happy with it then so really wanted to get it right today! New day, new attitude:D
    I am really pleased with how it went! The effort for them all was consistent whilst concentrating on my form, defo noticed I pumped my arms more for these than I did on Saturday! I was running into a dead heat for 3 of them with the sun shining then into a head wind for 2. Happy to have revisited this & happy with how I did it! Glad I didn't give up :)
    Did my cool down & was very happy to see when I got home I came 1st in the boards TT for my age category... Not bad for a Granny;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Mon 27th April V. Easy miles
    31:01 - 3.31mi - 9:23min/mi

Nice little plod around in the sunshine enjoying some tunes :cool:

Tues 28th April W/U - 5*4Mins@6:30, 3min rec & C/D

6:26, 6:36, 6:31, 6:40, 6:36

Had my alarm set for 7am but hit snooze & feel back asleep. Went out as soon as I woke a couple of hours later. The sun was shining & this was a session I was revisiting from the 14th of April. I wasn't happy with it then so really wanted to get it right today! New day, new attitude:D
    I am really pleased with how it went! The effort for them all was consistent whilst concentrating on my form, defo noticed I pumped my arms more for these than I did on Saturday! I was running into a dead heat for 3 of them with the sun shining then into a head wind for 2. Happy to have revisited this & happy with how I did it! Glad I didn't give up :)
    Did my cool down & was very happy to see when I got home I came 1st in the boards TT for my age category... Not bad for a Granny;)

Fastest Granny in Tallaght I presume. That said, yous are all going to look like yous are running in fookin' Wellies once I hit the 55 Cat. % is going to be off the bleedin' scales.

(What d'ye think of me Dubs accent? Good, innit?)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Definitely think there's a sub 20 (and more) in there soon enough.

With a bit more 5k practice and a more conservative approach to the 1st mile (or a better ability to hang on :) ) you'll run a sub 20.
    Doing it in a race will also add a good bit to you.

Think I read/heard that a 5km solo TT can be worth 20 sec or so in a real race.

Itziger wrote: »
    Fastest Granny in Tallaght I presume. That said, yous are all going to look like yous are running in fookin' Wellies once I hit the 55 Cat. % is going to be off the bleedin' scales.

(What d'ye think of me Dubs accent? Good, innit?)

Haven't raced many to be fair :D
    Ok let me get to D's 80% challenge 1st then i'll come after yours haha ;) (not a hope in hell though:eek: )

Your Dubs accent is only bleedin' rapid bud :D

Definitely think there's a sub 20 (and more) in there soon enough.

With a bit more 5k practice and a more conservative approach to the 1st mile (or a better ability to hang on :) ) you'll run a sub 20.
    Doing it in a race will also add a good bit to you.

Think I read/heard that a 5km solo TT can be worth 20 sec or so in a real race.

Cheers A, yes I really need to slow it down at the start! The congestion in Raheny really helped me with this & resulted in a really good race! The TT was definitely much harder than running a 5k race!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Cheers A, yes I really need to slow it down at the start! The congestion in Raheny really helped me with this & resulted in a really good race! The TT was definitely much harder than running a 5k race!

TT is much harder, no doubt, unless you're a runner who hates crowds and gets over nervous at races. You must remember as well that you're still a relative newcomer to all of this. There is very little doubt that you'll improve across the board. What you probably don't know yet is really where your strength lies. Are you more 5k/10k with a drop off to half and Full times or are you more a diesel engine. Another year or two will give you a clearer picture.

Keep doing what you're doing and the times will come down, but I think you know that already.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

You'll see on here even the most experienced people take off too fast. It can sometimes take a little bit to settle into your rhythm. Wouldn't overthink it.

Part of training should be tuning into how you feel at various paces on various days, under various conditions, not just following the watch. Very hard to perfect it on race day without perfecting it in training first.

One of the most useful things I got out of my XC block of training in 2018 was really tuning into effort. We get very bogged down in stats, paces, heart rates and forget that come race day its really down to how you feel and the pace is just a guide. At least that's how I work. I spend most of my time in training asking myself how does this feel, whether it's an easy run, a CV run, a tempo run etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭ariana`

Well done E. Super time.

I wouldn't over think starting too fast either. We're not all the same in how we race best and there's more than one way to skin a cat. The beauty of 5ks is they are two a penny (normally) and recovery is quick so you can do plenty of them and change your approach to find out what works best for you. My 2nd fastest 5k time is from a race last year where i ran a ridiculously fast first mile (i ran what is still my fastest ever km). So as you could guess i died a death after my fast start but i got a 5k PB on the night (which i bet a week later running more sensibly) but i really enjoyed the experience, learnt from it and certainly had no regrets.

Itziger wrote: »
    TT is much harder, no doubt, unless you're a runner who hates crowds and gets over nervous at races. You must remember as well that you're still a relative newcomer to all of this. There is very little doubt that you'll improve across the board. What you probably don't know yet is really where your strength lies. Are you more 5k/10k with a drop off to half and Full times or are you more a diesel engine. Another year or two will give you a clearer picture.

Keep doing what you're doing and the times will come down, but I think you know that already.

Thanks a mill D! Yes true, I don't know my full strengths and as much as I love speed there was something I enjoyed more with the half marathon & am definitely eager to see how another marathon would fair out for me, the good thing being i'm in no hurry. Truly enjoying the process at the moment, not every day but most days which really helps:D
    You'll see on here even the most experienced people take off too fast. It can sometimes take a little bit to settle into your rhythm. Wouldn't overthink it.

Part of training should be tuning into how you feel at various paces on various days, under various conditions, not just following the watch. Very hard to perfect it on race day without perfecting it in training first.

One of the most useful things I got out of my XC block of training in 2018 was really tuning into effort. We get very bogged down in stats, paces, heart rates and forget that come race day its really down to how you feel and the pace is just a guide. At least that's how I work. I spend most of my time in training asking myself how does this feel, whether it's an easy run, a CV run, a tempo run etc.

Cheers P, yes it's something I have been thinking more & more about. My session yesterday wasn't on the button for each rep but the effort was spot on so i'm happy now with that session. As you say & S has also said many, many times, it's how I feel & the effort levels so I will concentrate on this more & hopefully it will become more natural for me in a race!
    ariana` wrote: »
    Well done E. Super time.

I wouldn't over think starting too fast either. We're not all the same in how we race best and there's more than one way to skin a cat. The beauty of 5ks is they are two a penny (normally) and recovery is quick so you can do plenty of them and change your approach to find out what works best for you. My 2nd fastest 5k time is from a race last year where i ran a ridiculously fast first mile (i ran what is still my fastest ever km). So as you could guess i died a death after my fast start but i got a 5k PB on the night (which i bet a week later running more sensibly) but i really enjoyed the experience, learnt from it and certainly had no regrets.

Thanks a mill:) I'm not really over thinking, more of an observation. It just frustrates me to know this is something I have noticed about myself but still did it:rolleyes: As you say it's all about experience so I can just keep trying until I perfect it;) If ever:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭KSU

Also worth remembering how mentally taxing a time trial can be vs a race. Any little distraction in a race even for a split second is a chance for the brain to switch off. Very few of us training a way that constantly grinds us down (high intensity long sustained efforts) so we are not used to it.

Very hard to stay completely focused on anything for more the 15 min and even if we can that can take us to very dark places when we are hurting.

Races on the other hand usually we operate best when we have a ran with the least amount of physical and mental energy taxed till the latter parts of a race (ideally still on PB pace of course)

KSU wrote: »
    Also worth remembering how mentally taxing a time trial can be vs a race. Any little distraction in a race even for a split second is a chance for the brain to switch off. Very few of us training a way that constantly grinds us down (high intensity long sustained efforts) so we are not used to it.

Very hard to stay completely focused on anything for more the 15 min and even if we can that can take us to very dark places when we are hurting.

Races on the other hand usually we operate best when we have a ran with the least amount of physical and mental energy taxed till the latter parts of a race (ideally still on PB pace of course)

Cheers L, yes in the TT I found myself in dark places in my mind more than I would in a race! It's all a learning curve.

Weds 29th April Easy miles
    1:00 - 6.59mi - 9:07min/mi

Went out early & managed to avoid the rain. Nice easy miles

Thurs 30th April Easy miles
    1:00 - 6.24mi - 9:38min/mi

A bit of a grey, damp morning but once the drizzle stopped it was ok. Headed up to the Citywest business complex & found an empty carpark to complete 7 drills. Never did anything like this before so the fun part was trying to learn them at home in my kitchen getting some odd looks from the family whilst trying to convince them I hadn't lost it completely;) Really enjoyed doing the drills, something different!

Fri 1st of May w/u, 10*1min hillsprints @5k effort, 2min rec
    6:38, 6:40, 6:28, 6:36, 6:37, 6:35, 6:29, 6:27, 6:34, 6:32

Set off after lunch to do these & the weather was sunny one min then showers the next. When I set off the sun was shinning & as I always get so warm doing speed work I didn't bring a jacket! About 5mins into my warm up the whole sky went dark & it started raining, then the wind picked up. Luckily it didn't last too long as the rain felt so cold, once the sun came out I completely dried up & felt great! I got to where I wanted to start my hills & tried to judge a min running. Unfortunately it's a pathway up to an estate & it can be a little busy. The 1st 2 mins I did meant I had to run across the entrance to the estate & it's quite dangerous as there are bushes etc & you have to completely stop to check if there's a car, this frustrated me so I just moved further back at the start even though it meant I was on a flat bit starting off. Once I sorted this, other than the avoiding the odd person I really enjoyed this. My effort was very consistent for all the reps, whilst concentrating on my form. Overall really happy with this:D

Miles for the month of April - 197.6

Glad to hear we can now exercise to a 5k radius, a few new routes to run. Looks like phase 1 of opening Ireland back up begins on my birthday, nice birthday present! Watching Leo was quite emotional, my son squeezing my hand! He just want's to know when he gets to stay with his grandad again... It looks like the end is in sight, with all going well but I suppose only time will tell!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Nice session 10 minutes @ 5k, uphill :eek: I was caught in 2 minds whether to sprint a steep ramp or do similar and go at 5k effort over a longer hill. Not sure which is more beneficial :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Nice session 10 minutes @ 5k, uphill :eek: I was caught in 2 minds whether to sprint a steep ramp or do similar and go at 5k effort over a longer hill. Not sure which is more beneficial :confused:

Both are beneficial in their own way. Maybe do them on alternate weeks? The short steep ramp at 95% effort of 10 secs and then a 3 min recovery. The more gradual slopes at 3-5k effort and slow jog back recoveries.

https://runnersconnect.net/explosive-hill-sprints/

https://training4endurance.co.uk/running/hill-running/long-hill-intervals/

Sat 2nd May Easy miles
    1:00 - 6.69mi - 8:59min/mi

Gorgeous afternoon run with the sun shining & listening to my Mama Mia playlist with songs from the 2 films! Not everyone's taste in music but that's ok ;)

Sun 3rd May Easy miles - Long run
    1:30 - 10.17mi - 8:53min/mi

Holy mother of God, it is a miracle I managed this:eek:

Rewind to last night, Started with a bulmers(should have stuck to this!!) 4 or 5 pink gins later (home measures that were very generous) It tasted great at the time & not exactly sure what time I got to bed at:rolleyes:
    Sunday morning, got up managed to make my way downstairs to try get a zero tab into me! 2 sips later & the room started spinning so I just lay on the couch not responding to anything! Eventually made my way back to bed till 3pm:eek: I never, ever go back to bed & certainly not missing half a day! It's honestly a long, long time since I have felt like this. I knew I had to run so decided just to do what I could manage... Up I got, gear on & a little sick bag just in case:( Funnily enough the further I got into the run the better I felt! I managed to do my whole run so was happy with that:D Home, lot's of fluids & a chinese sorted me out while I swore never to ever drink again;)

Miles for the week - 49.31mi

Monday 4th May Very easy miles
    32:23 - 3.32mi - 9:46min/mi

Nice plod around on another gorgeous sunny day:cool:

Tues 5th May W/U, 5*4:30 mins with 3min rec, C/D

6:45, 6:20, 6:23, 7:02, 6:21

Set off later than I would have liked but the morning just got away from me! 1st rep was straight into a very strong headwind on the Kathrine Tynan road, kinda took me by surprise! I decided not to check the watch too much & focus on effort. I was happy at the end of this as I knew it was the required effort & not chasing the time on my watch. Thrilled with the next 2 reps, effort again was spot on & not watching my watch too much. I had decided to change the route after the 2nd one because I couldn't face that headwind again. The 4th rep, holy fook!!! It looked like I was getting the headwind back now, I ran based on effort & it felt tough, I then looked down at my watch & seen 6:50 & for some reason I gave up, I mentally switched off. I couldn't believe it, I slowed right down giving into my head telling me my legs were hurting so just stop, I looked again & it was over 7mins & I got a bit annoyed with myself so picked up my speed for the last few seconds! I stopped dead after this rep, walked the 3min recovery arguing with myself as to why I shouldn't just scrap the session & go home! The watch started beeping for the last rep & I stopped the watch, still not sure if I wanted to or even if I could run the last rep! Then ahead of me I seen a bloke jogging! He was on the inside of the path where I would be running if I did the last rep, so I decided to give it a go & imagine that he is ahead of me in a race to see if it could motivate me! It did & I ran this last rep really well. I was thrilled I didn't give up. Overall I was actually really happy with this session, except for rep 4 the other reps were run very well with the same effort & consistency :D

Weds 6th May Easy miles
    1:00 - 6.64mi - 9:06min/mi

Delighted to get out early today. Nice easy miles on a gorgeous sunny morning :)

For the night that's in it I will be up at sunrise to remember loved ones & donate money to Pieta House. Most people have unfortunately been affected by suicide or know of someone that has. It is an amazing charity & needs to be there for communities. Here is a poem I wrote a while back after a lot of suicides in our area...

I just don't want to be here, I just can't go on...
    Echoes around & around her head,
    Her feelings, emotions intensified & heightened
    By the fact that it's the depths of night,
    So quiet, so eerie...
    Everyone's asleep while she wrestles these dark, disturbing thoughts!
    Not thoughts you think lightly or easily,
    Thoughts that come to you when you are so broken by life,
    So desperate to end the pain, to numb it, surely anything has to be better than this!

For one moment before you decide, yes this is what I need to do, you snap back...
    Why are these demons chasing me, how can I be free of them?
    My poor family, my friends, how will this affect them?
    Would they be better off without me? Am I the problem?
    Would they miss me? Would they cry? Would their hearts break in two?
    So many questions, too few answers...please take this pain, please help me!

I fall to the cold hard floor, trying not to make a sound, I don't want to wake anyone...
    My body lies helpless, curled in a ball, I cry uncontrollably, tears of fear, of frustration, of anger, of helplessness,
    My body shakes as the tears continue flowing,
    My head hurts now, my eyes are red raw, no tears left to cry!
    Like many, many previous nights, I wrestle with these thoughts till dusk...
    And for some reason once there's a sign of light, I somehow feel relieved,
    I have won for now, I am still here & I am ok!
    I fought the demons all night & didn't give in,
    I rise from the floor so tired & warn out...
    Happy that I did not give in this time,
    Knowing there maybe one night that i just can't fight, just can't be strong...
    But for now I have survived, I will fight another day;

Thurs 7th May - W/U, strides & drills, C/D
    50:51 - 5.02mi - 10:07min mi

Did my warm up to Citywest complex & got to an empty carpark, same as last week to do a couple of stides & drills. I am used to the drills now & really enjoying doing them! Something a bit different:)

Fri 8th May - W/U, 10mins@HM, 5mins@10K, 10mins@HM, C/D
    7:20, 7:01, 7:21

Lovely morning for this run. Eased into the HM pace & enjoyed it, then into the 10K pace then back to HM pace. I was working at each pace but not hard. Went a different route too which was really nice! Overall a lovely run!

Sat 9th May - Easy miles

Woke up at 5am & got up for DIL. We had blown up some yellow ballons & wrote messages of hope on them & the name of a loved one which we let blow away(Scotts idea) My friend had read my poem on fb & knew i was getting up so walked down hoping i'd be at my door & not running! We headed over to the local park(socially distancing) with my daughter Holly to see the sun properly. It was the perfect morning for it, so beautiful & surreal... it's a very emotional thing, thinking of the poor people who lost their battles with themselves... We headed back home & everyone went back to bed but I put on my running gear & off I went with an emotional if not appropriate playlist :) It really was so peaceful & beautiful running at that time, passing people also in yellow giving a friendly nod, you really don't ever know what battles people are fighting, as naive as it sounds I really believe kindness is key, simple gestures at anytime go a long, long way! We donated to Pieta house when Scott finally got back up as he wanted to write a special message:) Very grateful here too that Pieta house is the chosen charity for the TT :D

Sun 10th May - Easy miles
    1:40 - 11.37mi - 8:49 min mi

Nice easy miles on a duller morning but still quite warm. Tried out a possible mile route & swiftly got told off by the TT police for being too short ;)

Miles for the week 49.6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Miles for the week 49.6

Advertisement