Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dream big, work hard, achieve your goals - My DCM '19 Journey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Great run on Saturday, it was really warm out. I'm thinking you passed us on your warmup? Over the far side near the GAA pitches and the baseball. IIRC I was wearing a Dubs top. You would also have passed another couple before us (her running, him cycling behind), as well as a Waterstown Warrior. Only copping that now after checking the times on the Strava. Lovely venue for a race/TT - I'm planning to head back there soon.

Cheers J, yes I brought my daughter around that way to show her the route! I am useless for details & am always in a world of my own running! People always say they passed me, waved or beeped at me & I never respond :) It was indeed really warm even at that time but a lovely place to run! You never know i might see you over there sometime & actually acknowledge you ;)

KSU wrote: »
    Super time at the weekend and glad to see you are back to yourself in terms of how you are feeling.

As SW said everyone goes through lulls in training it's normal. Running in itself is a release for everyday stresses but needs to be remembered that heavy training also takes a toll mentally as well as physically. I have been a huge culprit of compounding my running stress with life stress at times. Once in a while you just have to accept its a bad day and not beat ourselves up about that.

Thanks Luke, that makes lot's of sense reading it & I would say I would be guilty of the same thing...as for beating myself up, well it just seems to be who I am but I am working hard on it! I also believe there were other factors involved in me feeling like that which thankfully have been sorted now.
    Really enjoyed the mile TT & am happy to be content again with my running:)

Thurs 4th June - Easy, drills & strides
    1:01 - 6.26mi - 9:49min/mi

Some easy miles up through Citywest. Found the Luas park & ride carpark very empty so decided to do my strides & drills here. Can't help but feeling a bit silly doing some of them & always end up laughing to myself but really enjoy them!

Fri 5th June - Easy hour
    1:00 - 6.44mi - 9:27 min/mi

It was much colder for this run. Was able to head out earlier than usual & hopefully I can aim for this more especially with the possibility of a return to work by the end of the month. Nice easy miles, nothing too strenuous.

Sat 6th June - w/u, 25min Tempo, 5*30sec hard with 1min rec, c/d
    6:16, 6:04, 5:49, 5:38, 5:58

Set out on a very cold & breezy morning. Thankfully it didn't take too long to warm up & I soon regretted wearing a rain jacket which ended up tied around my waist!!
    I set off on the tempo run and found a very comfortable rhythm which I was very happy with. I ran a good bit of this with the wind behind me which was great. Straight after the 25min beep I went straight into my hard rep roughly at mile pace. Very hard to judge these on the watch because they are so short but the efforts really felt controlled & honest! Really enjoyed the short snappy bits :D
    Overall I was very pleased with this session & it was pointed out to me that I had hit 1,000 miles for the year so far. Absolutely chuffed with that, when you look back on something like that it makes me happy & proud to see how far I've come. Thankfully for me it has been a very positive progress in my running, so many PB's over the year but most of all the discipline, training & tough weeks i've come through...really made me smile :D

Sun 7th June
    1:46 - 11.35mi - 9:25min/mi

Set off on one of my longest runs in a while. Picked out a bit of a different route & stuck on the Steve Magness podcast (which i am really enjoying) . I kept this run easy, closer to the slower pace and it felt really good, the miles went by so quickly!
    Watched David Brophy's unsung heroes...setting up a choir of carers. It was very emotional & humbling to see what most of these carers do on a daily basis whilst feeling invisible to the government with the lack of services & support. It was amazing to see how something as simple as a choir & singing songs made them smile from their eyes! One of the songs they performed was Aslans Crazy World...the song resonated with them so much, a song i love myself as a huge Aslan fan, then Aslan came in to sing with them & it was magic. Christy listened to their stories and was very moved by them. I think I cried from start to finish:eek:
    I really just think it was amazing to see the happiness they got from singing together:)

49.6 miles for the week
    1,012 miles for the year

• Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

It’s amazing now that song has become more relevant as the years have gone by. A fan myself, ever since they played at the NIHE Freshers Ball in ‘82 at the Crofton. :)

Murph_D wrote: »
    It’s amazing now that song has become more relevant as the years have gone by. A fan myself, ever since they played at the NIHE Freshers Ball in ‘82 at the Crofton. :)

It's amazing how a song can take you right back...
    I have seen them live so many times & I just love how passionate Christy is! Seen them once in CoCo's nightclub in Tallaght & my brother in law who's in a wheelchair was at the front beside the stage & Christy in his barefeet sat down on the stage & sang a song to Gav who was absolutely thrilled!!! Such an amazing & grounded band :D

• Advertisement

Mon 8th June - V.easy miles
    30:42 - 3.16mi - 9:44min/mi

Nice relaxing run around the block!

Tues 9th - Hr easy
    1:01 - 6.44mi - 9:29min/mi

Again another nice little run to clear the head before home schooling...

Weds 10th - w/u, 3*3mins threshold off 3mins easy, 4*2 mins cv off 2 min, 4 min jog, 5*30 secs hard off 60, c/d
    7:07, 7:02, 6:56 - 6:47, 6:37, 6:45, 6:42

Was looking forward to this session & it didn't let me down! I eased into the paces for each of the sets & ran with good effort & form. I think i'm learning to control my efforts at the start more so making it more consistent throughout the rep. Started the 30 secs hard reps and realized after the 1st one that i had fooked it up on the watch!! No panic i just saved what i had done & timed the next 4 separately with the recoveries. Really enjoyed the speed bursts of this :D Really solid session where i could see the improvements with a few things myself!

Thurs 11th - Hr easy
    1:00 - 6.38mi - 9:28min/mi

First run back in the Phoenix park & it felt soooo good!! It was warm but cloudy so i decided not bother with a jacket. An hour of bliss, just appreciating the park & being able to run there
    again :)

Fri 12th - Hr easy with strides & drills

Big huge let down after running in the park yesterday:eek: Did my strides & drills which still amuse me(so childish) but they are nice to break up the run.

Sat 13th - 2m w/u, 4miles tempo, c/d
    7:31, 7:28, 7:25, 7:19

Again this was a really good session with good control. Each mile felt better than the last & i felt so strong on the 4th tempo mile. It was very, very humid & muggy weather so i was soaked when i got home, so much to the disgust of my family!!

Sun 14th - 1:45 easy miles
    1:48 - 11.61mi - 9:21min/mi

Arranged to meet C for this run. Was very happy to have company again! We had arranged to meet at the carpark beside the papels cross but it was closed so i thought i'd try the visitor centre one then message C. Found myself a parking space near the back & weirdly i parked right infront of C who was just about to message me! We set off and lots of chatting & the miles just flew by! Surprised with myself i was able to guide us a good bit around the park, as some would say i only stick to the exact same paths i know all the time :pac: We took the pace nice & handy with cracking weather & lovely to see all the families out! We cut through the grass to head back to the carpark and almost got attacked by aeroplanes, literally 10feet above our heads:eek: There were men and children out flying remote aeroplanes which were brilliant looking! Overall a great run with great company, completely took the effort out of it :) Hopefully there will be more of them to come :D

51.4 miles for the week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Lazare

Really enjoyed it too E. First run with another human in months. :)

Mad how quick the miles tick off when you're having a good natter.

You're a great one for the chats. :)

Lazare wrote: »
    Really enjoyed it too E. First run with another human in months. :)

Mad how quick the miles tick off when you're having a good natter.

You're a great one for the chats. :)

Haha another human ;)
    Oh god I do like talking :D

Mon 15th June - Rest day

Tues 16th - Hr easy
    1:00 - 6.38mi - 9:26min/mi

Ventured into the PP for this run. The weather was gorgeous and I ran pretty much on the grass for the whole run, nice & easy.

Weds 17th - w/u, 4*3mins threshold off 3mins@8:45, 4*2 mins cv off 2 min easy, 4 min jog, 4*40 secs hard@ 1 mile pace off 50, c/d
    7:04, 7:00, 7:07, 7:09 - 8:42, 8:39, 8:43, 8:42
    6:36, 6:41, 6:39, 6:51 - 9:23, 9:08, 9:31, 9:27
    5:44, 5:42, 5:51, 5:41

Yay it was session day again. I look forward to this session as I feel I have come on a lot in controlling most aspects of it. Set off for the threshold reps & eased into it nicely hitting the paces at a nice even effort. The recoveries felt very honest too which was great. Wore my new pegasus 37's again & really found them so comfy & a help with these sessions. Set off at my cv pace & again concentrated on my form & effort as I was running, again I felt quite confident that I was doing it all correctly. Now as a bit of a short speed junkie the best bit was coming up... the 40secs hard, these were supposed to be at mile pace but I think the runners made me do it faster:p Overall another session I really enjoyed:D

Thurs 18th - Hr easy
    1:00 - 6.47mi - 9:19min/mi

Ended up heading out a good bit later than usual but a nice easy run.

Fri 12th - Hr easy with strides & drills

Got out early for this run, was drizzling rain for this but not cold. Enjoy the routine of the drills & strides now, still get a giggle from doing them:pac:

Sat 20th - w/u, 2*10mins tempo, 5mins @6:50, off 5mins v.easy, c/d
    7:31, 6:50 - 7:31, 6:51

Again I made my way out to the PP for this run. Decided to do the session on the OS/Furze loop. It was another gorgeous morning in the park. I wasn't sure if I was in top form for speed due to being woken up at 4am by Scott getting sick on & in the toilet. I spent a good while cleaning & bleaching the toilet plus trying to setttle him, luckily it was just the once but not exactly sure what time I feel back asleep at...
    Started the session off well, hitting the required pace with the required effort. Found the tempo paces really comfortable, then eased into the 6:50 pace relatively easily. I think it was only towards the end of the last 5 mins that I felt it was kinda tough but nothing too bad, ran by a bloke doing his drills which made me giggle:D Also there seemed to be a lot more topless men running around the park, something that hopefully doesn't catch on :P Ended up with sunburn on my back which looked like a proper runners tan the next day with the white racer shaped marks from my top, my little arms obviously didn't reach all the way around with the suncream:D

Again another enjoyable session...

Sun 14th - 1:45 easy miles
    1:47 - 11.35mi - 9:26min/mi

Had my grandson for the night, it was amazing waking up to his little face just smiling at me waking up in the cot, he's such a good humored baby, in bed at 7.30 & sleeps till 8...I love his little personality, cheers the whole house up:D
    I took the opportunity to head out while he napped. It was very humid & the sun came out for most of the run. Nice easy miles then the heavens opened about a mile from home but it was a lovely warm shower which I actually welcomed...there's something so nice about running in the rain... Got home & got changed into my Liverpool jersey hoping optimistically that we would win against Everton, nope not the case, a pretty dull match by any standards...

49.6 miles for the week

Mon 22nd June - Rest day

Tues 23rd - Hr easy
    1:00 - 6.42mi - 9:24min/mi

Got up early for this(trying to get in the habit for when I am back in the office next week) It was raining but it was that lovely warm rain that you really don't mind running in.

Weds 24th - w/u, 6*3mins threshold off 3mins@8:40, 4*45 secs hard@ 1 mile pace off 1min v.easy, c/d
    7:08, 7:08, 7:00, 7:09, 6:53, 7:05 - 8:41, 8:45, 8:42, 8:43, 8:43, 8:43
    6:08, 6:06, 6:11, 6:01

Another early morning session. It was a gorgeous sunny morning, perfect for this run. Again my aim with these sessions is to feel comfortable at the relevant paces but with the correct amount of effort. I started each rep trying to keep the pace & effort even throughout, the more I got into it the more I really enjoyed it. I knew after being a little bit too eager with the short hard paces last week that I needed to control them a little bit more, which resulted in the watch beeping to tell me I was too slow:eek: Some week I will get them spot on:p
    Went home & decided to try make a coffee tray bake with salted caramel & coffee icing, also made a lemon drizzle tray bake. Both turned out absolutely delicious - the coffee one being a huge hit!
    Liverpool officially won the league tonight...absolutely thrilled:D My dad rang & he was over the moon, him & my brothers hugely influenced my love for Liverpool. Seeing how emotional Jurgen Klopp was made me love him even more if that's possible! I love how passionate & real he is, how he treats the players & his big huge smile... Liverpool Champions 19/20 YNWA

Thurs 25th - Hr easy
    1:00 - 6.43mi - 9:22min/mi

Up early & out on a gorgeous sunny morning for a nice easy run.

Fri 26th - Hr easy with strides & drills

Went out to the PP for this, so lucky with the weather again, absolutely gorgeous. Did my drills & strides on the Furze road & this week i'm sure I gave people a good giggle instead ;) Went for a cup of tea & a slice of my lemon cake as a treat to myself. The sun went in & it got quite dull, so I walked back to my car passing so many people still wearing sunglasses even though it was so dull...this is a little pet hate of mine, think it looks pretty silly tbh:cool:

Sat 27th - w/u, 2*12.5mins tempo, 2*5mins @6:50, off 5mins v.easy, c/d
    7:26, 6:44 - 7:30, 6:45

Woke up absolutely starving(very unlike me) so instead of heading out on an empty stomach as usual I had my breakfast & waited a while. Sure enough it started lashing rain & the winds seemed to pick up. I ended up doing mammy taxi & other bits before I finally got the gear on & went out. I was lucky enough to avoid most of the rain for this but the winds were quite strong. I wasn't really too sure how I was going to manage this session, I thought maybe the extra 5 mins might be tougher. I was pleasantly surprised & eased into my paces relatively well, always going to the slower end of the paces if I was running into the wind to keep the efforts honest. I was quite chuffed with myself at the end of this session as once again I controlled it whilst enjoying it. Hopefully it will show in my TT next week but either way I am feeling very good about my training at the moment:D

Sun 28th - 1:20 easy miles
    1:20 - 8.61mi - 9:19min/mi

Had a few more celebratory drinks last night for Liverpool winning the league:pac: Woke up later than I had planned & got straight into my gear & off I went. It was a very, wet, windy & wild morning but a very enjoyable run all the same!

46.7 miles for the week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Lambay island

There's plenty of Liverpool supporters around these parts. I'm not one of them but if ever a team and manager deserved to win it, it was Klopp and this current side. There's so many good players there. The improvement in the likes of Robertson and Henderson especially just shows how good a man manager Klopp is.

Best of luck in your 10k next week, sounds like you will smash it.

There's plenty of Liverpool supporters around these parts. I'm not one of them but if ever a team and manager deserved to win it, it was Klopp and this current side. There's so many good players there. The improvement in the likes of Robertson and Henderson especially just shows how good a man manager Klopp is.

Best of luck in your 10k next week, sounds like you will smash it.

Thanks a mill D, hopefully:D

Mon 29th June - Rest day

Tues 30th - Hr easy
    1:00 - 6.40mi - 9:23min/mi

Up earlier for this as I was back to work. Only doing a couple of days in the office for now to see how it goes. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be & actually looking forward to some routine again.

Weds 1st July - W/u, 10mins@6:45/50, 5mins easy, 5*1min@6:45/50, 1min rec, 5*40sec@6:10/20, 1min off, c/d
    6:49 - 6:12, 6:43 6:43, 6:44, 6:39, 6:04, 6:15, 6:13, 6:04, 6:18

This was a nice session with a bit of rain to help cool me down. Really enjoying all these sessions at the moment & looking forward to the TT on Sat :D

Thurs 2nd - Half Hr easy
    30:12 - 3.22mi - 9:22min/mi

Up early & out on as this was my other day to be in work this week. Nice little run.

Fri 3rd - easy with strides

A 20min run around the block with some strides at the end.

Sat 4th - 10k TT - Unofficial PB of 43:28

Up early & out to the PP. Met S, who was going to support me from the sideline. Bumped into D & V after finishing her course. We had a nice little chat & off I went for a warm up. Did my warm up on the O/S, Furze road loop as I was going to be using this loop for my 10k effort. Got around to the Furze road side & spotted someone I thought I recognized, checked again & it was indeed Mick Clohisey:eek: He was just sorting himself out before starting his run. I continued on a good bit down the road when I heard loud running feet behind me & I knew it was him. So we basically ran together for possibly 2 or 3 seconds, so I can say I technically warmed up with Mick;) As he zoomed by me I realised I literally looked like I had been dragged through a hedge backwards, my hair was in a ponytail but it curls in the rain(I imagine quite cute, well formed curls) but the reality was I actually resembled Monica from friends when she hit the humidity:rolleyes: Mick on the other hand looked like he had just stepped off a catwalk! His flowing locks blew perfectly in the wind, his running clothes all matched & his 6 foot bronzed, toned, running body ran by me with such grace, a far cry from my 5foot nothing panting running body:p
    After he left me for dust I finished out my w/u at the O/S roundabout where I met S. I was just about to start & Mick came zooming by again so waited till he completely went past & off I went. Eased into it for the 1st lap, running a little too fast for the 1st few kms but felt good. Passed by S who gave me an encouraging shout. The Chesterfield straight section was tougher than all the other sections & I felt I was loosing momentum here. The O/S side was good, this was where I pulled myself together, kinda the positive straight. I still felt quite in control but tried to slow down a bit. Another loop done & again found it tough on the chesterfield side with a headwind & found the humid weather very draining. 3rd lap now & could feel myself struggling a bit mentally, had to really chat to myself, wondering why I just didn't sign up for the 10mins:confused: Not even a full lap left & you're done, c'mon you can do it!!! The Chesterfield straight was extremely tough here, just had to really dig in & push on. Got to the O/S side & again had a chat with myself, keep going & you will get your PB! I got to the Furze road & the end was in sight, so near yet so bloody far:eek: I was feeling so warm at this stage & sweaty, I just wanted this over...why the fook did I agree to this...oh someone please stop the pain!! I got to the bollards & S shouted something like give it your all, no regrets...all i thought was easy for you to say standing there:pac: I pushed as much as I could to the next set of pillars thinking I was done, I looked down at my watch in fookin horror, still 200 meters to go:eek: I couldn't believe it, I honestly just wanted to stop! I pushed again, then slowed, then pushed again, then slowed - holy fook this was the longest 200m in the history of running:( Finally the beeps, my pain was over! I looked at my watch & was thrilled to see 43:28 as it meant it was a one min PB from Enniscorthy earlier this year. Of course instead of just saving that time I pressed the start button again which added time onto my finish:rolleyes:
    I was happy with most of the run & I have to say I am learning something from each TT i have done. I think I needed to stay on target for the first 7 or 8 kms here because mile 5 showed my slowest mile by a good bit, I ran them too fast to start with. Again hopefully going forward this can be something I focus on a bit more.

Well done to all who ran & to those that couldn't finish it out, it's tough but there will be other days. There is absolutely no doubt that a solo TT is extremely difficult! The body & more importantly the head really, really needs to be in it! Thanks again to the organisers too, again nice to have something to focus on.

Wonder if Mick will join me for my warm up again next week...:cool:

Sun 5th - 1:30 easy miles
    1:30 - 9.49mi - 9:33min/mi

It was a very windy & wild morning with sunshine & showers but a very enjoyable run all the same!

37.5 miles for the week

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

LMAO @pressing start again... now thats HARD Knocks :D

Well done yesterday and thanks for taking part with your usual amazing attitude and plethora of smilies :)

LMAO @pressing start again... now thats HARD Knocks :D

Well done yesterday and thanks for taking part with your usual amazing attitude and plethora of smilies :)

In my defence I was probably still starstruck ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

Mick on the other hand looked like he had just stepped off a catwalk! His flowing locks blew perfectly in the wind, his running clothes all matched & his 6 foot bronzed, toned, running body ran by me with such grace, a far cry from my 5foot nothing panting running body:p

Is this a running log or a Mills & Boon novel??.....:D:D:D

coogy wrote: »
    Is this a running log or a Mills & Boon novel??.....:D:D:D

Haha let me clear up that i do not fancy him! I just thought the comparison from me to him was quite humorous! My humour isn't always understood or appreciated haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

Haha, I know I was just joshing!! :pac:

I saw him too, during my warm up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Mon 29th June - Rest day

Mick on the other hand looked like he had just stepped off a catwalk! His flowing locks blew perfectly in the wind, his running clothes all matched & his 6 foot bronzed, toned, running body ran by me with such grace

Are you sure it wasn't AMK you saw???

Well done on a great run. The fantastic progress continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Super effort at the weekend E, Scaldy has you flying.

• Advertisement

Are you sure it wasn't AMK you saw???

Well done on a great run. The fantastic progress continues.

Haha I had to look twice ;)

Thanks a mill, very happy given it was a solo effort!

P.s I still lol at your name :p

OOnegative wrote: »
    Super effort at the weekend E, Scaldy has you flying.

Thanks a mill B, he certainly does & I am very grateful :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Did you know that the women in Mick's Thursday morning training group fight over whose turn it is to buy his coffee afterwards? ;)

Murph_D wrote: »
    Did you know that the women in Mick's Thursday morning training group fight over whose turn it is to buy his coffee afterwards? ;)

Haha really :eek:

S drew the short straw with me so :P

Mon 6th July - Rest day

Tues 7th - Hr easy
    1:01 - 6.45mi - 9:27min/mi

Early morning easy miles in the rain.

Weds 8th - w/u, 8*600m with 400m rec, c/d
    4:04, 3:57, 3:59, 4:03, 4:07, 4:04, 4:00, 4:05

Set off for this session not sure what to expect. Started off really well & luckily it continued throughout the session. Each 600m was good & I felt in control the whole time. Very happy with this session & was actually glad of the bit of rain as it helped cool me down a bit.

Thurs 9th - Hr easy
    1:00 - 6.31mi - 9:33min/mi

A nice easy run.

Fri 10th - Hr easy with strides & drills

Got out early for this , nice sunny morning for a run.

Sat 11th - w/u, 5*400m, 6*200m with 200m rec, c/d
    3:56, 3:59, 4:01, 3:52, 3:58 - 3:39, 3:40, 3:21, 3:31, 3:45, 3:37

Another gorgeous morning & another really good session! Eased into the reps & managed to stay on form for all of them. Happy with the paces for the reps & keeping my form & efforts at the same level throughout.
    Got home to hear the news that Jack Charlton had sadly passed away. An absolute legend of a man. He lifted the whole nations spirits more than once with the Irish football team, so many wonderful memories growing up.

Sun 12th - 1:30 easy miles
    1:30 - 9.62mi - 9:22min/mi

Went into the PP for this long easy run. I never get sick of this park. I just love everything about running in it, if only I could get out here more often.

43.7miles for the week

Mon 13th - Rest day

Tues 14th - Hour easy miles
    1:00 - 6.38mi - 9:27mi

Another easy run on a cloudy morning. In work today & tomorrow then back fulltime from next Monday so trying to get up & out early every morning when possible.

Weds 15th - W/u, 6*800 with 500rec, C/d
    3:49, 3:56, 4:03, 4:01, 4:06, 4:03

Probably my earliest morning out as i needed to be home for 8 to shower & get ready for work! Knew this would be a bit tougher than last weeks but looked forward to giving it a bash. Hit the 1st few reps really well, actually felt great & very confident with the paces. Found 5 & 6 a bit tougher but I made sure my form was spot on really using my arms to keep the speed going. I was very happy with this session, god I really do love the buzz I get from the speedy stuff - thank god for Wednesdays & Saturdays :D

Thurs 16th - Hr easy
    58:24 - 6.28mi - 9:18min/mi

A nice easy run in the PP. Again really happy to be out here to run, once I'm back in work full time I'm sure it will be a lot less. Was ready to get into my car when I noticed a family had gotten out of their car & were walking away but the passenger door was still open. I waited a min to see if they would realise but they didn't! I went after them & let them know, each one blaming the other! They locked the car & headed off, my good deed done for the day! Not all heroes wear capes...

Fri 17th - Hr easy with strides & drills

Very humid morning for this run. The evening was so nice that we decided to head out to Bray for an hour or two. It was gorgeous out there & perfect for Scott! Not too sunny or busy. We ended up getting chipper & sitting on the stones of the beach eating them. Everyone was knackered tired by the time we got home!

Sat 18th - w/u, 5*400m, 7*200m with 200m rec, c/d
    3:39, 3:57, 3:47, 3:59, 3:55 - 3:45, 3:36, 3:31, 3:36, 3:27, 3:36, 3:39

Bray wiped me out more than I thought as we all slept in! I woke at about 10:30 & decided to head straight out to get my session done. The reps felt great from the start but it was pointed out I was a little too eager with paces...noted for next time:p I really enjoyed this session again, found it very controlled. I ran on a stretch of the road I now like doing the sessions on & I passed by an older man a few times & he smiled each time, whilst I just tried to breathe :pac: I passed by him again when I was doing my cool down & he said well done girl, that was some speed you were zooming by me at! I smiled & said cheers, thinking that was really sweet of him :)

Sun 19th - 1:30 easy miles
    1:30 - 9.66mi - 9:19min/mi

Back to the PP for this long easy run. Really happy to be here a 2nd time this week! The weather was gorgeous, perfect running weather:D I was earlier than usual & there were no carparks open so I parked in the layway across from the Pope's cross. There was a nice buzz from other early runners but not too packed. I ran as much as it as I could in the grass which was lovely & the sound of the Grasshoppers chirping in the longer grass was really loud!

43.43 miles for the week

Mon 20th - Rest day

Tues 21st - Easy miles
    50:22 - 5.35mi - 9:25min/mi

Gorgeous morning for my run. Back fulltime from Monday but have used some leave to take half days for the next couple of weeks till I get Scott sorted. Weird being back with a good few people in the office but nice to be back to a bit of routine.

Weds 22nd - W/U, 2*15 min@4:15/20km with 4min rec, C/D
    4:18, 4:23

It was really, really warm especially when the sun came out but there was also quite a strong breeze too. The 1st rep of 15mins felt great, kept to the paces & enjoyed it. Most of the 2nd rep felt good too but then it got tough, I was running into the breeze & I felt every bit of it. The last 2 mins felt like it would never end, really pushed here to try keep the paces up but my legs were getting tired. Managed to push till the end but was so thrilled it was over! Overall I really enjoyed this session.
    Watched Liverpool against Chelsea & then watched them finally lift the Premiership trophy! YNWA

Thurs 23rd - Easy miles
    50:14 - 5.17m - 9:41min/mi

Nice easy run before work & the day Garmin broke:(

Fri 24th - Easy miles
    50:25 - 5.16m - 9:46min/mi

More easy miles before work.

Sat 25th - w/u, 5*400m, 10*200m with 200m rec, c/d
    4:01, 4:03, 3:54, 3:57, 3:57 - 3:41, 3:33, 3:41, 3:37, 3:38, 3:38,

With Garmin still being down I had to improvise for this session. My session the Sat before was still in my workouts so I did that plus an extra 3 200m, 10 in total. I warmed up, down Chesterfield Ave & headed for the Furze Road where I was going to do all the fast bits. I eased into the 400's & ran them at the expected effort. As I finished the last one I ran through a gang of people from an athletics club stretching etc. They seemed to be having a race. I then started my 200 reps & S had suggested I run between the 2 sets of bollards & visualize
    where the 200 starts & ends for when I had to run the last 3 without the watch telling me the distance! (mad that I felt so lost without it, I am brutal when it comes to distances etc) I have to say I really enjoyed not using my watch & going from a start point to a finish point felt easier for some reason. All 10 of the reps felt fast & comfortable, another really good session. I usually use the park for my long runs but defo enjoyed doing my session here.

Sun 26th Easy miles
    1hr36m - 10.6m - 9:33min/mi

Had a little lie on then went out for this long easy run. Nothing really to report, very enjoyable run.

42.06 Miles for the week

Mon 27th Rest

Tues 28th Easy miles
    50 - 5.28m - 9:29mi

Some lovely sunny miles before work.
    Programmed my session for tomorrow into my workouts & everything looked ok but it just wouldn't sync! Looks like there's still a few issues...
    Tomorrows session should be fun, actually having to use my brain:eek:
    It can only go 1 of 2 ways... here's hoping it's the better way!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Well done on the fab TT and there's plenty of lovely training going on here.

Good luck being back in the office full time, I'm not looking forward to the long commute, its been great not driving nearly 1000km per week, but not back for another few weeks yet.

Thanks a mill Anne, really happy with how its going :)

I am lucky i don't work too far from home, actually enjoying the structure & routine again but it is different in the office which was to be expected!
    Enjoy the break from commuting for another few weeks!

• Advertisement

Weds 29th - W/U, 6*800 with 500 rec, 5min jog, 4*30sec hard 1min rec C/D

No splits for this run as I did it as one workout. I had the whole thing wrote on my hand as Garmin wasn't syncing to workouts. I had each distance wrote down & hit the required pace for each rep which I was really happy with. Overall it went really well considering I hadn't got my trusted Garmin to do the thinking for me;) It was only when I got home S pointed out to me it should have been 400 recoveries! Ah well not the end of the world, happy to have another speedy session done.

Thurs 30th - Easy miles
    60:01 - 6.47m - 9:31min/mi

Nice easy run before work, quite proud of being out the door before 7 till SB decided to inform me that he "beat me" in a competition that I knew nothing about:rolleyes: Nice enjoyable run.
    Got home from work to a beautiful bouquet of Sunflowers from my daughter & her partner as I was minding my grandson for the long weekend while they headed off for a well deserved break. Then I received an email from the Ray D'Arcy show, I had entered a writing competition at the start of lockdown titled "A page from your life" 500 words of fiction or a memoir. The 3 winners were announced & I thought no more of it. Apparently over 2,500 people entered & I was shortlisted to the final 120. They are now going to publish a book for charity(not sure which one yet) in the Autumn & asked for my permission to publish mine...absolutely chuffed:D I always thought my writing was a bit real & raw, not very flowery like some other amazing books & pieces I read so this has given me a boost in confidence & the girl that came second shared a similar style of writing to me which also made me smile. To say I was a little emotional was kinda an understatement.

Fri 31st - Easy miles
    50:19 - 5.10m - 9:51min/mi

Easy miles with strides & drills after work.

Sat 01st Aug - w/u, 12*200m with 200m rec, c/d
    3:39, 3:35, 3:49, 3:30, 3:41, 3:36, 3:37, 3:25, 3:44, 3:33, 3:30, 3:35,

Yay Garmin was back:pac: Stayed local for this run and just ran on my usual route up & down the Katherine Tynan road. Eased into this straight away & kept the paces & efforts as steady as possible. Loved it, I knew before I headed out I would. It was nice & warm out too which was nice.

Sun 2nd Easy miles
    1hr22m - 8.62m - 9:31min/mi

Set out early for this run as I was still minding my grandson. What a fab morning for a longish run. I ran parts of my usual Sunday route the opposite way & it broke up the monotony of doing the same route again.
    Headed into the PP after Leon had his nap with Holly & Scott. Very windy but very warm. We parked at the Pope's cross & walked across to the deer. They all loved it & one of the deer got really close & they all felt a little nervous, not gonna lie I did myself for a few mins, I suppose when you're not used to it that's natural. We walked back to the Popes cross & rolled down the hill (defo getting too old for this kinda stuff:P) They all had a ball which was nice as it can be hard to get Scott out in the fresh air for any length of time! Leon is such a little character & they both adore each other so it was great to see them together. I was shattered by the time I put Leon to bed so chilled with a nice cold can of Bulmers light :D

40.01 Miles for the week
    169.26 Miles for the month of July

Mon 3rd Rest

Advertisement