Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dream big, work hard, achieve your goals - My DCM '19 Journey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

OOnegative wrote: »
    Super running at the weekend E, you’re in super shape!!! 8 triangles is also mentally taxing & shows how strong you are in that department also not letting it phase you.

Was Coach out with the Zimmer frame.........

Thanks a mill B, thankfully it wasn't as bad as I had imagined :)

Haha I see he has answered:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Well run, Elaine. Terrific control. Always feels great to finish like that. Congrats!

Murph_D wrote: »
    Well run, Elaine. Terrific control. Always feels great to finish like that. Congrats!

Thanks so much Denis :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

Super running, wow well done, you're going from strength to strength. Would you ever consider joining a club? You'd be a really strong addition to any club entering teams in provincial & national races etc.

ariana` wrote: »
    Super running, wow well done, you're going from strength to strength. Would you ever consider joining a club? You'd be a really strong addition to any club entering teams in provincial & national races etc.

Thanks so much :) I've never really given it serious thought tbh, kinda like the freedom of running myself... but who knows in the future!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Lambay island

Well done again E. Super running, especially on those loops. I know how that can play with the mind, I tend to count them down despite not intending to. Who would have thought you would have finished even stronger than when I saw ya flying in like a Ferrari in Bohermeen - savage.

Well done again E. Super running, especially on those loops. I know how that can play with the mind, I tend to count them down despite not intending to. Who would have thought you would have finished even stronger than when I saw ya flying in like a Ferrari in Bohermeen - savage.

Thanks a mill D, I defo think I was just in the Zone on Sunday! Haha I've been called many things before but never a Ferrari:cool: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Imagine what you would've managed if you didn't have 8 stones in your pocket!

Imagine what you would've managed if you didn't have 8 stones in your pocket!

You little f#@ker!! I knew those stones would come back to haunt me:eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Great stuff on the HM TT - thats very impressive - very well done.

• Advertisement

Great stuff on the HM TT - thats very impressive - very well done.

Thanks a mill A :D

Tues Dec 1st - Easy miles
    58:33 - 6.19mi - 9:28min/mi

Easy miles before work so it was still dark. Ran up through Citywest & all the lights were on, such a magical christmassy feeling.

Weds Dec 2nd - Easy miles
    56:56 - 6.07mi - 9:22min/mi

Lunch run, chilly but sunny.

Thurs Dec 3rd - Rest day

Fri Dec 4th - Easy miles
    43:29 - 4.64mi - 9:22min/mi

Run before work & it was absolutely baltic:eek:
    Even thought about getting the running tights/leggings out;)

Sat Dec 5th - Easy miles
    43:13 - 5.01mi - 9:25min/mi

Nice few easy miles around the block. My baby boy turned 11 today, lots of excitement & a huge fuss made of him:D

Sun Dec 6th - Easy miles
    1hr 4mins - 6.86mi - 9:23min/mi

An early run in the PP. It was freezing but I wrapped up in my Liverpool Top & matching red christmas hat:D I had to be careful as some of the paths were quite icy! The park look so stunningly beautiful with the grass all white covered in frost & the deer standing in a mist ahead, honestly looked like something from a Christmas film. I honestly just love christmas so much, not the commercial end of it, the dark evenings & the beautiful lights everywhere, the excitement of children, the cozy nights watching christmas films, eating trifle for breakfast, lunch & dinner :p I just love it all!
    Apparently I ignored a friendly wave from a Mr. AMK:( not deliberate of course but we are now even so the next person to ignore the other is the a$$hole:pac:

Tues Dec 8th – Easy miles
    45:36 – 4.78mi – 9:32min/mi

Easy miles on another freezing day!

Thurs Dec 10th –Easy miles
    38m – 4.15mi – 9:09min/mi

Took a rest day yesterday & if i'm being honest I was very tempted to take another one as I technically don't have a plan to follow but I knew that's not what I really wanted, I was just being lazy! I got my gear on & went out at lunchtime. Work is so hectic at the moment I was glad of the break!

Fri Dec 11th - Easy Miles
    57:01 - 6.06mi - 9:25min/mi - Easy Miles

Didn't sleep great so when I woke again before my alarm I decided to just get up & head out for my run. Work was to be busy again so knew morning was my best option. Nice little plod around the block.
    I though maybe I was losing a bit of my running mojo but now I think it's just me adjusting to running easy & not as often as I have been. I follow plans really well & it feels like structure & purpose to my running week! Another couple of weeks of easy runs giving my body a chance to rest & recover then hopefully back into a plan:)

I cast my votes earlier today for the awards, then seen B's post. It is very hard to keep a forum like this going without input & participation from others & it can be tough on the person taking the time to do the work & seeing no effort in return, we all at some stage turn to the forum for one thing or another so if you haven't already voted take a few mins to do so:)

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Treviso

Can you unfollow a thread for couple of weeks :D:D:D

Seriously though, you've been putting in savage training in all year, pity you haven't had the races to go with it. Enjoy the easy running over the next few weeks, you definitely deserve it and it will do your mental and physical sides the world of good.

Any inclination of what the next plan would be? Still have that sub 20 5k on the do list.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

I was listening to the Marathon Talk podcast this morning and Simon Freeman was interviewed. He edits a running magazine called, "Like the Wind". It seems it's a magazine about why we run. Anyway, very longwinded of me, but he mentioned that they're always looking for contributions and he said he particularly loves receiving poetry. I'm not sure if any of your poetry relates to your running but I thought it might be something you'd be interested in:

https://www.likethewindmagazine.com/story-contribution-guidelines/

Treviso wrote: »
    Can you unfollow a thread for couple of weeks :D:D:D

Seriously though, you've been putting in savage training in all year, pity you haven't had the races to go with it. Enjoy the easy running over the next few weeks, you definitely deserve it and it will do your mental and physical sides the world of good.

Any inclination of what the next plan would be? Still have that sub 20 5k on the do list.......

It's great to see you're still hilarious:D

Yeah I think I do need it, i'm an all or nothing person really so it's just easy to eat the trifle & say ah sure i'll just skip this run when I'm left to my own devices ;)

Not really sure of the plan yet! Yes that 5k is still dangling there but I'm not sure yet what I want to target...a few weeks to think :pac:

Glad to see you're training is going so well! Fair play :)

Huzzah! wrote: »
    I was listening to the Marathon Talk podcast this morning and Simon Freeman was interviewed. He edits a running magazine called, "Like the Wind". It seems it's a magazine about why we run. Anyway, very longwinded of me, but he mentioned that they're always looking for contributions and he said he particularly loves receiving poetry. I'm not sure if any of your poetry relates to your running but I thought it might be something you'd be interested in:

https://www.likethewindmagazine.com/story-contribution-guidelines/

Thanks a mill for thinking of me for this! I will have a look into it & it maybe something I could do over the Christmas break :)

Sat Dec 12th - Easy miles
    58:23 - 6.48mi - 9:min/mi

Easy miles on a very chilly day! Enjoyed a lovely bowl of trifle as a post run recovery snack:D

Sun Dec 13th - Easy miles
    47:05 - 5.10mi - 9:13min/mi

Went out to a pub with a few friends for a bite to eat & a few drinks, 4 pint bottles later it was time to go home where I had an extra drink or two:eek: So not able to drink/stay up late & deal with the effects the next day! Was happy I got this done, even if it did take most of the day to talk myself into it:p

Mon Dec 14th - Rest day

Tues Dec 15th - Easy miles
    44:46 - 4.81mi - 9:15min/mi

Run before work, don't think I was fully awake! As I was running I somehow managed to run into a lampost:rolleyes: You'd think with this fat head of mine i'd be able to judge the distance but nope, hit the side of my head & shoulder...defo woke me up:pac:

Weds Dec 16th - Rest

Thurs Dec 17th - Rest again:eek:

Fri Dec 18th - Easy miles
    44:18 - 4.77mi - 9:17min/mi

Was very, very tempted to stay in bed AGAIN but I didn't &
    I was glad I got up & ran. It was very wild & wet out but I didn't care. I think it's very easy if not running to a plan or structure to make excuses not to run...

Sat Dec 19th - Easy miles
    1hr - 6.68mi - 9:01min/mi

Set of for this run into quite strong winds. I got a nice rythem going & really enjoyed this run for the 1st time in a while.

Sun Dec 20th - Easy miles
    1hr - 6.66mi - 9:08min/mi

An early run in the PP in my festive Elf tshirt:D Never get sick of running here & it was a beautiful morning which was an added bonus.

Mon Dec 21st - Rest

Tues Dec 22nd – Easy miles
    52:35 – 5.82mi – 9:02min/mi

More enjoyable miles on a crisp early morning.

2152.7 Miles ran so far 2020, very happy with that!

A little bit of a poem I wrote last night:D

2020 went by in the blink of an eye,
    Sure if you didn't laugh, you really would cry!
    Events were cancelled with races no more
    TT's were great but soon felt like a chore,
    Nike found competition for those pesky cheater fly's
    Everyone on here hoping santa got their right size!
    1st race back, shoes will be gleaming
    But even better still is the smiles that will be beaming,
    So for now eat all the trifle & drink all the beer
    And hope 2021's a much better year!

Now for something totally non running related... Do people consider a trifle is a trifle if it has no fruit:confused:
    I never ever put fruit in my trifle & I do eat a lot, but I was recently told that infact I can't say i'm eating trifle, just sponge jelly, custard & cream:eek: I totally disagree!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Thanks a mill for thinking of me for this! I will have a look into it & it maybe something I could do over the Christmas break :)

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    Before a long run
    It’s important to poo

:)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

I'll just leave this here!!!

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    Before a long run
    It’s important to poo

TbL

We should do a collaboration ;) With my looks & your talent we could go far :cool::D

• Advertisement

I'll just leave this here!!!

:eek: nooooooooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    Before a long run
    It’s important to poo

TbL

Violets are blue
    Roses are red
    TbL's poetry's
    Wreckin' me head. :p

Murph_D wrote: »
    Violets are blue
    Roses are red
    TbL's poetry's
    Wreckin' me head. :p

Violets are blue
    Roses are red
    When you get to Murphs age
    You wet the bed

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

The lady posted some nice original poetry today, cop on......

I'm currently PMSL :D

But I have had a few pints:p:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

I'm currently PMSL :D

But I have had a few pints:p:pac:

Trifle????

Aw thanks B :)

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    poster of the year
    Get stuffed too

:):)

Apologies Elaine I’ll stop now :)

TbL

Trifle????

Trifle for brekkie...pints this evening, unplanned but very welcomed :D

• Advertisement