Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dream big, work hard, achieve your goals - My DCM '19 Journey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Hahaha... there will be no stone unturned this year as to how I can become a better runner ;)

Clearly, as you have already upturned them all up to carry up hills :D:D

sisyphus-balances-the-boulder-at-the-top-michael-crawford.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Burn!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Clearly, as you have already upturned them all up to carry up hills :D:D

sisyphus-balances-the-boulder-at-the-top-michael-crawford.jpg
    Burn!!!!!!!!!!!!

God everyone's feeling quite funny for a Monday - good to see:p

The stones will have a welcome return in 2021 & as many other people miscounted their reps last year I suggest it might be something to embrace:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

As a light sleeper myself, I can attest to the lavender, despite AMK’s scepticism. ;) I’ve used
    lavender ‘sleep cream’ (present from my daughter) - it can be very effective at helping you nod off. Pillow spray sounds a bit handier.

Murph_D wrote: »
    As a light sleeper myself, I can attest to the lavender, despite AMK’s scepticism. ;) I’ve used
    lavender ‘sleep cream’ (present from my daughter) - it can be very effective at helping you nod off. Pillow spray sounds a bit handier.

People that fall asleep straight away & sleep all night have no idea how horrible it is! The set my daughters got me has a lavender pillow spray, moisturizer (which I rub on my arms & hands directly before i try to sleep because I sleep on my hands) plus there was bath stuff & an eye mask...all of which have helped a bit. Would love to have a week of consistent sleep but i suppose you just get used to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

People that fall asleep straight away & sleep all night have no idea how horrible it is! The set my daughters got me has a lavender pillow spray, moisturizer (which I rub on my arms & hands directly before i try to sleep because I sleep on my hands) plus there was bath stuff & an eye mask...all of which have helped a bit. Would love to have a week of consistent sleep but i suppose you just get used to it!
    Guilty of being one of those that can snooze on cold tiles! Do you do the usual wind down from tech, noise, blue screen? Hot towel face, lavender and read a few pages in low light.? Count sheep, shoes, pebbles...

Guilty of being one of those that can snooze on cold tiles! Do you do the usual wind down from tech, noise, blue screen? Hot towel face, lavender and read a few pages in low light.? Count sheep, shoes, pebbles...

God I hate you... haha yes i've tried so much but just resigned to the fact that I don't need as much sleep as others! I think my mind is just way too active:rolleyes:

God I hate you... haha yes i've tried so much but just resigned to the fact that I don't need as much sleep as others! I think my mind is just way too active:rolleyes:

It’s the active mind that does it alright. I find it hard to switch off. Don’t count sheep, but I often rerun races in my mind (when racing was a thing). That can work, on a good night you’ll be asleep before the end of the first mile. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

It’s the active mind that does it alright. I find it hard to switch off. Don’t count sheep, but I often rerun races in my mind (when racing was a thing). That can work, on a good night you’ll be asleep before the end of the first mile. ;)

As another very light sleeper D’s suggestion works for me also. An active mind is a killer when it comes to sleep!!

OOnegative wrote: »
    As another very light sleeper D’s suggestion works for me also. An active mind is a killer when it comes to sleep!!

Yep I think i've always been cursed with an active mind:rolleyes: I have a few notebooks & pens beside my bed as great ideas(well they seem it in the early hours) usually come to me & I have to write them down otherwise I won't sleep. So the last few nights having read a good bit on the Mother & Baby Homes thats been on my mind, so I've started writing a bit of a poem on it & of course the words come to me as I'm lying in bed...But I will try your suggestion Murph & hopefully i'll be sleeping like a baby :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

If you’d to fully rerun some of your race times it’d be time to get up again...:)

TbL

If you’d to fully rerun some of your race times it’d be time to get up again...:)

TbL

:pac: :pac: :pac:

TbL

And you’ll be snoring away running a sub-3 marathon - in your dreams.

:D

TbL

Small bit of rivalry here lads? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Small bit of rivalry here lads? :P

https://youtu.be/3MF6bLIWJiY

They’re a bit like this pair!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Will Lavender spray or cream work if it's a 3 year old girl and a 13 year old dog causing you sleep problems? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

healy1835 wrote: »
    Will Lavender spray or cream work if it's a 3 year old girl and a 13 year old dog causing you sleep problems? :)

IPA, Dozol and a sawn off should sort you and the 2 problems :D

healy1835 wrote: »

I suppose it's worth a try:D

The time it took you to come up with that response I’d have run one...:)

TbL

I'm saying it now. TbL vs Murph. 5k challenge in March/April. Individual pacers for each. There's yer motivation for training lads!

• Advertisement

I'm saying it now. TbL vs Murph. 5k challenge in March/April. Individual pacers for each. There's yer motivation for training lads!

A live stream event! Need to see what attire TBL wears for his runs seeing that he loves giving us Dubs stick ;):p

Done! Same course or is Murph gonna do his down Corkscrew hill!!!

TbL

A live stream event! Need to see what attire TBL wears for his runs seeing that he loves giving us Dubs stick ;):p

Isn’t it a naturist event, or should that be minimalist:)

TbL

Isn’t it a naturist event, or should that be minimalist:)

TbL

There will be no judgement here :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Lambay island

Can we make it a steeplechase for the crowd?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Back to the sleep issue! Another active mind here, I find sleep meditation apps really helpful, it focus's the mind while slowing the breath and I often find I've fallen asleep before they're finished. Must get back to them myself!! Reading before bed can go either way depending on the book...I alsu rub lavender oil on my feet before bed :).

AMK can slag all he wants but people who wear clashing shoes and socks should not throw stones :D

As this is Elaine's log, the least you could have done was invite her along!

She's your pacer Murph........

I think she can do better than that!

• Advertisement

Such a gent thanks for the invite :)
    She's your pacer Murph........

One slight problem with that...I still haven't run sub 20 myself:eek:
    I think she can do better than that!

Thanks for the vote of confidence but not so sure haha! Will defo be there to support though :D

Advertisement