Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dream big, work hard, achieve your goals - My DCM '19 Journey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

Got out for this run just after 11. Not a bad day at all for running. Have downloaded a few of the Runner Bean podcasts to catch up on, really enjoying them, this one they had Tommy Hughes, what a man! Really enjoyed listening to it.

Tommy and his son were interviewed on Marathon Talk a little while ago - episode 514

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Murph_D wrote: »
    So you think you got good data for the test, that's the main thing. Is the strap in good nick with good batteries? I replaced an older one with one of the newer types (with the rubber waterproofer thing around the unit) and have gotten much more reliable results since.

Yeah was happy enough with the data that came from it. The strap seems fine, it's an older one that was given to me & they had absolutely no bother with it. Wasn't sure if it was the strap or maybe the watch...Might be worth while investing in a new one! Thanks :)

Huzzah! wrote: »
    Tommy and his son were interviewed on Marathon Talk a little while ago - episode 514

Thanks a mill, will check it out! Quite an inspirational man...

Mon Jan 25th - Easy miles
    57:54 - 6.09mi - 9:30min/mi

Decided to give the hour challenge a go. It was very cold & icy out. There wasn't a lot of choice on the route as it was still dark & I kinda only run the same route in the dark. Ended up misjudging the distance to run. I defo found it tough trying to judge my own pace, sometimes I thought this has to be too fast, other times this has to be too slow. Stopped the watch at the house to see I was well under!

Tues Jan 26th - Easy
    1hr 14min - 8.01mi - 9:21min/mi

This was my 1st morning midweek with the extra mileage. Up earlier so I could be back at the same time. It felt a lot milder today which was nice but still some rain. Got home had a drink & did 2 sets of my core work.
    My dads 72nd birthday - pressie dropped off, kinda like a drive by:( We rang him later that day & he was thrilled with his pressie & the call. Kinda hits you when another year goes by at that age that he isn't getting any younger or healthier so this lost time is horrible...

Weds Jan 27th - 15min w/u, 1M@8:35, 1M@8:20, 1M@8:00, 15min c/d
    54:52 - 6.22mi - 8:49min/mi

Legs were feeling a little tired starting this. Left this to do at lunchtime. Set off listening to a Runner bean podcast about Eoin Flynn, a good listen. I was gifted a bit of running gear so was more than happy to try out a pait of Adidas SL20 runners that were only worn a few times for walks. I've never tried or even thought about Adidas but my 1st impression of these was good. A nice runner, flatter than most of my other runners but still nice cushioning in them. The fit was a bit more snug than my other runners too, a bit like my flyknit 4%. It was quite a mild day, got the warm up done & once I settled into each mile at pace I really enjoyed it. An enjoyable session in the runners:)

Thurs Jan 28th - Rest day

Fri Jan 29th - Easy miles
    1hr 15min - 8.01mi - 9:22min/mi

Again another early start for this, it was raining again but not a bad run.

Sat Jan 30th - 6M
    53:18 - 6.18mi - 8:37min/mi

My god the weather was just horrendous:eek: According to the forecast it was to be like this for the day. So after much procrastinating I put the gear on & went out the door. It was very tough at some parts of this run, the winds were so strong I really felt like I was crawling. Then when the wind was behind me it felt great! I'd had a conversation with my 20 year old daughter before heading out. So as I was heading down the stairs she calls me from the warmth of her bed." Ma where are you going? " On a run, want to join me?" "Ma it's lashing out there & horrible with the wind & all, so why not just stay in" "I can't I have to go for a run, it's on my plan & when I commit to doing something, I do it" "Just do longer tomorrow" "It doesn't work like that, I have to do it today" "Ah here there's something wrong with you, defo wouldn't be me" ... So much for being a role model:rolleyes:
    I wore the Nike wind breaker jacket that had been given to me with the runners & it was great. It was so thin & light I didn't hold out much hope but it really helped with the wind & rain. About 15 mins into the run heading towards a roundabout I hear a beep, it's my daughter in her friends car, they went around the roundabout just to get a video of me! Little Sh!t:rolleyes:
    All the paths were flooded up in Citywest so it was a case of running on the road when it was safe to do so. On my way back through Citywest I could hear really loud music, over my own, a BMW came at speed towards the roundabout I was approaching at speed, he slid & clipped the side of the path just slightly ahead of me:mad: What an assho!e...speed like that at any time is dangerous but especially in those conditions! Finished off the run & was ushered straight up the stairs to the bathroom as I was soaked to the bone! It was the nicest shower ever:D

Sun Jan 31st - 10 Miles at 8:20
    1hr 23m - 10.05mi - 8:20min/mi

Checked the weather last night & decided this needed to be done early so as to avoid the heavier rain. I got into the pace & it felt quite comfortable. It was a bit of a biatch when the hail started with the wind & rain, I hate the hail pelting off my face, it genuinely makes me feel so sorry for myself:p I was a lot happier when it stopped. Didn't pass many runners this morning which is unusual for a Sunday morning. Was listening to my Run Forest Run playlist singing & smiling along most of the way(not the hail parts!) I've started watching The US Office again with Steve Carell, what a funny weird program! One episode where 2 staff members get married & Steve set's up a stupid dance routine down the aisle to Chris Brown's song Forever, this came on my playlist & that's what I was imagining, laughing to myself...what ever gets you through a long run in those conditions:D Was so happy when I got home that I could look out the window at the rain falling knowing my run was done!

Another nice week of training, really happy & grateful to have a plan & to be sticking to it. As mentioned on so many other logs, this is just not easy! Lock down to be extended (which was inevitable) but still hits hard when you hear it. This has been the toughest week mentally & emotionally for me but the consistency of my running has helped so, so much. It's a new week tomorrow so it will be started on a positive note & the hope that one day not too far away we'll be saying, god do you remember those lock downs!

44.6 miles for the week
    180 miles for the year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

We'll make an Adidas runner out of you yet ;)

Adizero adios next for you......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Close call with that beamer. Gob****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭scotindublin

Great week again, do you have a room at home just for all your trainers (20 years in Ireland and I still can't call them runners 😀)

We'll make an Adidas runner out of you yet ;)

Adizero adios next for you......

Who knows;) Although I think I would need to run a hell of a lot of miles to retire some of the ones I have 1st :eek:

Now if they were on offer...again who knows ;)
    Murph_D wrote: »
    Close call with that beamer. Gob****e.

I'm not gonna lie it was way too close for comfort!
    Great week again, do you have a room at home just for all your trainers (20 years in Ireland and I still can't call them runners ��)

Cheers :) Haha I have a drawer under my bed that holds them all, it's called my drawer of dreams :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Mon Jan 25th - Easy miles
    57: road when it was safe to do so. On my way back through Citywest I could hear really loud music, over my own, a BMW came at speed towards the roundabout I was approaching at speed, he slid & clipped the side of the path just slightly ahead of me:mad: What an assho!e...speed like that at any time is dangerous but especially in those conditions! Finished off the run & was ushered straight up the stairs to the bathroom as I was soaked to the bone! It was the nicest shower ever:D

Sun Jan 31st - 10 Miles at 8:20
    1hr 23m - 10.05mi - 8:20min/mi
    ng which is unusual for a Sunday morning. Was listening to my Run Forest Run playlist singing & smiling along most of the way(not the hail parts!) I've started watching The US Office again with Steve Carell, what a funny weird program! One episode where 2 staff members get married & Steve set's up a stupid dance routine down the aisle to Chris Brown's song Forever, this came on my playlist & that's what I was imagining, laughing to myself...what ever gets you through a long run in those conditions:D Was so happy when I got home that I could look out the window at the rain falling knowing my run was done!

Another nice week of training, really happy & grateful to have a plan & to be sticking to it. As mentioned on so many other logs, this is just not easy! Lock down to be extended (which was inevitable) but still hits hard when you hear it. This has been the toughest week mentally & emotionally for me but the consistency of my running has helped so, so much. It's a new week tomorrow so it will be started on a positive note & the hope that one day not too far away we'll be saying, god do you remember those lock downs!

44.6 miles for the week
    180 miles for the year

That fella was a pr!ck. Seriously, when will they ever cop on?
    Re: The Office. Series 1-7 I'll give you - IMO they probably should have canned it when SC left.
    Not actually a big fan of that wedding episode? I much prefer the one where Phyllis gets married to "Bob Vance - Vance Refrigeration" and Michael does his best to ruin it, after the aul fella gets up out of the wheelchair :pac:

That fella was a pr!ck. Seriously, when will they ever cop on?
    Re: The Office. Series 1-7 I'll give you - IMO they probably should have canned it when SC left.
    Not actually a big fan of that wedding episode? I much prefer the one where Phyllis gets married to "Bob Vance - Vance Refrigeration" and Michael does his best to ruin it, after the aul fella gets up out of the wheelchair :pac:

Yeah gave me a proper Holy sh!t moment, that was too close!

I loved the dancing & stupidity in it & of course the song! Yes that was very funny too but there are so many good episodes & I would agree they should have stopped when he left - sure what's the office without Michael:rolleyes:
    Did you like the English one? I loved it, can't beat Ricky Gervais & his humour!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Yeah gave me a proper Holy sh!t moment, that was too close!

I loved the dancing & stupidity in it & of course the song! Yes that was very funny too but there are so many good episodes & I would agree they should have stopped when he left - sure what's the office without Michael:rolleyes:
    Did you like the English one? I loved it, can't beat Ricky Gervais & his humour!

Same here! His character is so cringey but still makes me laugh. You probably remember the US Office episode where David briefly meets Michael.

I don't know if you've listened to any of these, but this series of US Office podcasts is worth checking out IMO....wifey particularly enjoys them.

Same here! His character is so cringey but still makes me laugh. You probably remember the US Office episode where David briefly meets Michael.

I don't know if you've listened to any of these, but this series of US Office podcasts is worth checking out IMO....wifey particularly enjoys them.

I do indeed remember that episode, very funny! Cheers for that I will defo give it a listen :)

Mon Feb 1st - Easy miles
    55:54 - 6.01mi - 9:18min/mi

Could not physically get myself out of bed for this! Another night of restfulness:rolleyes: Decided to leave this till lunch, the day light really helped.
    My son got a zoom call from his support teacher & a few of the other children that attend the sensory room with him. He was thrilled with this, to see the child who had been moaning about it being Monday & having to do school work again change right in front of my eyes once the call started was hilarious! He was grinning from ear to ear for the whole call & it really perked him up thank god:)

Tues Feb 02nd - Easy
    1hr 14min - 8.00mi - 9:21min/mi

It was raining when I set off but thankfully it stopped about half way. Glad to get up early & to feel good about heading out. Got home & did my core exercises before logging onto work.

Weds Feb 3rd - W/U, 8*2MINS@6:55/7:05 off 1min, c/d
    49:38 - 6.00mi - 8:16min/mi

Ran this at lunchtime. Looked like a nice enough day out there, by chance I found a top that matched my Adidas runners, Nice bright orange - perfect for such a nice day:cool:
    I was looking forward to doing this session. The main focus for myself was to try control the pace, not running way too fast at the start(which S has been trying to drill into me for what seems like forever:p) I also wanted to concentrate on my form for these. S has said to me that he knows I can run fast but when he gives me a session at a certain pace there is a reason behind that pace, in the past I have been guilty of showboating & thinking good it's great I ran a lot of them faster than I should have when in fact I should have been zoning in on the given pace & should have been controlling it as consistently as I could over the whole distance. As S has said if I run these sessions too fast it might not affect me at the time but it can have a knock on effect for that week, which inevitably gives him a headache looking at & sorting my training plan...It might have taken a while but I do think i'm finally learning:P
    My form felt really good & the paces a lot more controlled than previous sessions, not perfect but better... sure if I did do them perfectly S would have nothing to give out to me about, and we cant have that ;)

Thurs Feb 4th - Rest day

Fri Feb 5th - Easy miles
    1hr 15min - 8.00mi - 9:24min/mi

Again another early start for this, it was raining again but not a bad run.

Sat Feb 6th - 8M

Set off for my run just as the rain was starting, not to worry only a bit of rain! Had decided to test out quite a steep hill that I forgot was quite near where I have been doing my hill reps in Killinarden. Got about halfway up the 1st part of it & decided to run to a stop sign ahead. Did the 1st rep & didn't really put the breaks on coming back down, jaysus I thought I was going to tumble back down. Did the 2nd rep & was a lot more controlled for that one. Need to decide if I will be able to do 44 mins on this & at what pace:confused: Will have a think about it!
    Finished off my 8 miles going a slightly different route which was nice:D

Sun Feb 7th - 10 Miles easy
    1hr 34m - 10.42mi - 9:04min/mi

Decided a bit of a change of route would be good for this, so drove to Tymon Park & started there. Nice easy miles with a bit of rain & sleet thrown in which were not on the Met Eireann app up till the time I was leaving the house:mad:
    Passed a good few runners today, there was a man ahead of me with running tights on, which is completely fine but they were all wrinkled at the back of his knees(a bit like Nora Batty) I think maybe a tighter fitting pair were needed!
    I enjoyed this run, it's nice to be doing slightly different routes, ran through the park to finish off & didn't realise how much of a drag it is, defo wouldn't want to be finishing a race there:eek:
    Another solid week of base building, happy with that:D

46.4 Miles for the week
    226.4 Miles for the year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

You’re just being judgemental now!

Maybe he was an auld lad and had excess skin around his knees :)

You’re paying too much attention to your and other peoples attire, concentrate, like your coach said, on your form :)

Decent week

TbL

You’re just being judgemental now!

Maybe he was an auld lad and had excess skin around his knees :)

You’re paying too much attention to your and other peoples attire, concentrate, like your coach said, on your form :)

Decent week

TbL

I just think leggings need to be tight to be properly comfortable, if he was comfy then that's perfectly fine:)

Anyway pot...kettle...black;)

Don't you worry your pretty little head my form is getting there:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Pretty little head on that fella E, face on him like a slapped ar$e!!!!!

OOnegative wrote: »
    Pretty little head on that fella E, face on him like a slapped ar$e!!!!!

Apparently I have to be politically correct & non judgemental so no comment :p

Mon Feb 8th - Easy 6

A very cold morning before work running through little flurries of snow.

Tues Feb 09th - Easy 8 & core

The footpaths & roads were a little dodgy this morning so took it easy enough . I ran through some hail & snow showers & it really hurt my face for the 1st mile or so running directly into it...was feeling sorry for myself & definitely questioning my sanity:eek: I got home, dried off & did my core exercises before logging on for work.

Weds Feb 10th - W/U, 2m@8:35,2m@8:20, 2m@8:00, c/d

Ran this at lunchtime. Debated about wearing tights for a whole 2 secs & though nah! 1st mile was a little over enthusiastic (sorry boss!) I settled it down thankfully, 1st 2mile reps were good, the 2nd 2 were into a strong cutting breeze(felt it on my face not my legs) & although the efforts were harder I was happy knowing I was heading back for the last 2 miles:p These last too miles felt really good, controlled it as well as possible, Overall really happy with this run.

Thurs Feb 11th - Rest day

Fri Feb 12th - Easy 8 & core

Quite breezy but really enjoying that it's getting a lot brighter in the mornings which means I will have alternative choices of routes! Listened to Jarlath Reagan & Sonia O'Sullivan podcast talking about home remedies & different things to use as a runner for ailments. They had me in stiches, proper laugh out loud laughing. They have a great rapour & get so giddy together, really good for the soul to laugh like :D

Sat Feb 13th - Easy 6

More strong winds but got it done.

Sun Feb 14th - 12@8:20/25

I really, really didn't want to do this run:( After some inner turmoil & lots of soakage food I got changed to head out. As a very light weight drinker I drank half a bottle of a light prosecco(my friend actually ripped the P!ss out of me because it was so light;) ) Then I had some bulmers light & a couple of baby Guinness just for good measure! Not the brightest idea knowing I had a 12 mile run the next morning but feck it I enjoyed it at the time:D I was pleasantly surprised with the weather, most of it was nice to run in except when I was running directly into very strong winds, that was tough! My son gave me a few red teddy bear jellies heading out, red ones for valentines(very cute) I decided to eat one half way into my run because I was feeling the affects of the alcohol from the night before, the little sh!t never told me they were sour jellies, the faces I made eating them!! He thought it was hilarious when I told him. I found a new podcast to listen to, The greatest game hosted by Jamie Carragher. I decided to listen to his interview with Dietmar Hamann, I remember that Liverpool team so well, as they said themselves in the interview not the greatest team on paper back then but Grinders. He talked about joining Newcastle & playing his 1st game under Rudd Gullit against Liverpool & he went in on a 50/50 tackle with Jamie & ended up injured! A good listen so will download a few more of the interviews.
    Got to mile 10 which was soooooo bloody hard, the open roads of Tallaght in those winds, horrible but I actually couldn't believe I still had 2 miles left, felt like I had been running for hours:eek: Eventually finished & got home parched, drank a full bottle of lucozade & a beaker with an electrolyte in it! Very happy to have it done:pac:

49.1 Miles for the week
    275.5 Miles for the year

Well done on resisting the urge to don the leggings during the the week. Another solid one under the belt.

Well done on resisting the urge to don the leggings during the the week. Another solid one under the belt.

Sure it wasn't near cold enough, all those visits to Scotland must have made me hard;):pac:

• Advertisement

I wore gloves for a few miles during the week; anymore would of had me questioning my Scottish heritage!
    Sure it wasn't near cold enough, all those visits to Scotland must have made me hard;):pac:

Mon & Tues 15th & 16th 6M Easy

Same route on both days.

Weds 17th - Feb Hill Challenge

152 m 42mins

Plan was to do this on a longer stretch of the hill/road but it is known for cars speeding up & down it at times & unfortunately today was one of those days. He drove by me while I was running up then turned at the top past me & turned again so I decided to scrap that idea. I went on past a little crossroads onto a steeper part but not very long. It was a much quieter spot so happy to start. Now there was no plan, just to run as many reps as I could in the time given. There's something I love about hills, it's a different kind of session. I love the effort I had to give for these but without killing myself. I miss doing hills in the PP so this was a nice substitute & because they were quite steep I concentrated on my form too. Overall a really good workout.

Thurs 18th Feb - Rest day
    I could feel the DOMS setting in during the night, every single turn over in the bed was a little more painful. I got up & used the massage gun I received as a Christmas present on my legs. It was sore but also felt good, also had a really hot Epsom Salt bath which really helped. Was a little surprised to feel DOMS in my peony little arms but I think I used them a lot towards the end of the reps!

Fri 19th & Sat 20th Feb & Sun 21st - 8 & 10 Easy miles

Some easy miles on near enough the same routes. Did a few Drills & Strides on Sat.

A week where I really didn't want to run some days, absolutely under no pressure by anyone to get them done but like always really happy I did.
    The weather hasn't been great at all & that's nothing new really but for some reason combined with everything else it really bothered me on Sat! Running in the wind & rain isn't much fun at the best of times but I felt like it was so much harder mentally, this was an easy run shouldn't have been a problem & in fact the actual pace or effort wasn't... I ran into a strong wind adjusted my effort & felt happy enough with the steady pace, then all of a sudden a gust of wind caught me & the rain hurt, I honestly thought I could cry right now out of frustration!! As the wind got stronger I got more frustrated & thought this is exactly what life is like at the moment! We have been given glimmers of hope constantly, happy with the steady pace of that, willing to do what we have been asked to do, then like the gust of wind that hope is pulled away & moved even further away...another 9 weeks of this just seems impossible...

41.3 Miles for the week
    316.8 miles for year to date

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Arm DOMS is a sure sign of effort. Good workout. And remember it's an ill wind that doesn't blow some good. Chin up!

(Think I mangled that proverb but you get the drift.) :D

Thanks a mill D, appreciate it.

Mon & Tues 22nd & 23rd 6M Easy

One lunch run & one early morning run.

Weds 24th - W/U, 3*1,2,3MINS@7 off the same, C/D

7:07, 6:58, 7:00, 6:55, 6:57, 6:58, 6:59, 6:54, 6:54

I did this run 1st thing, was delighted it was bright practically from the start. Once the warm up was done I was happy to get into the reps. Each rep felt good & stronger as I got into it. It's amazing how much quicker a session goes when it's broken up like this & after all the easy runs it feels great.

Thurs 25th Feb - Rest day

Fri 26th - W/U, 3*1mile@7:05 off 800m jog, C/D

7:00, 7:01, 7:00

Was on a day off so sorted a few bits then went out for this run. The sun was shinning, it was such a lovely day for a run. Listened to a lot of music this week defo found it helped with the running! Wore my Adidas SL20's again this week for this session, I am really liking them. Took a bit of time to ease into the 1st mile but once I did it felt good. I was working harder than I have been in the last while but never uncomfortable. I enjoyed keeping the pace for each of these miles, again it's a really nice change to have a little bit of speed in the sessions.

Sat 27th Feb & Sun 28th - 8 & 12 Easy miles

Some easy miles on two gorgeous running days.

Had a phone consultation with my doc to mainly discuss my lack of sleep which got a lot worse the previous 2 weeks. We came up with a bit of a plan to try for a couple of weeks to try get me back to a decent pattern of sleep then I will go into see her to for a check up & to discuss other things to hopefully get to the bottom of it. In the meantime I had bought a lotion in boots called Better you sleep Magnesium lotion. It is a lavender smelling lotion but not as sweet as the one I already have. I put this on my legs, chest & arms before going to bed & it defo helped me go asleep quicker than I have been. The doc has prescribed Melatonin which I will collect on Monday but so far this cream seems to be really helping so may see how that goes for a few more days.

47.9 Miles for the week
    364.7 miles for year to date

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Nice consistent mile reps, well done.

I’m on the other side of the sleep spectrum, I sleep easily 8 hours most days and 10 at weekends!

If I don’t get quality sleep I’m an even grumpier bo11ocks :)

Has your sleep always been poor?

TbL

Nice consistent mile reps, well done.

I’m on the other side of the sleep spectrum, I sleep easily 8 hours most days and 10 at weekends!

If I don’t get quality sleep I’m an even grumpier bo11ocks :)

Has your sleep always been poor?

TbL

Thanks I'm working hard on trying to keep them more consistent than I used to!

Ah jaysus talk about kicking me when I'm down:eek: I'm really happy for you that you get all that quality sleep & probably even happier for your family!

I will say yes, poor in quantity to yours & others around me but I it has never really been a huge problem for me if that makes sense? I think i'm wired to function on less sleep than others so for me it's not how many hours sleep I get, it's more the time it takes me to fall asleep! Last week after a late night on the Sat, I was knackered on the Sun, went to bed by 10, did all my sleep rituals, listened to an hour of sleep meditation, eyes stinging because they were tired & I just could not fall asleep! I know at this stage I should have gotten out of bed but I was just too tired & pi$$ed off that I didn't. I read, wrote stuff down, think I eventually fell asleep well after 2... this was the last straw for me so decided I needed a bit of help from the doc. I am fully aware that the lockdowns etc could be playing a part but I really don't want to turn into a grumpy bo11ocks:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Thanks I'm working hard on trying to keep them more consistent than I used to!

Ah jaysus talk about kicking me when I'm down:eek: I'm really happy for you that you get all that quality sleep & probably even happier for your family!

I will say yes, poor in quantity to yours & others around me but I it has never really been a huge problem for me if that makes sense? I think i'm wired to function on less sleep than others so for me it's not how many hours sleep I get, it's more the time it takes me to fall asleep! Last week after a late night on the Sat, I was knackered on the Sun, went to bed by 10, did all my sleep rituals, listened to an hour of sleep meditation, eyes stinging because they were tired & I just could not fall asleep! I know at this stage I should have gotten out of bed but I was just too tired & pi$$ed off that I didn't. I read, wrote stuff down, think I eventually fell asleep well after 2... this was the last straw for me so decided I needed a bit of help from the doc. I am fully aware that the lockdowns etc could be playing a part but I really don't want to turn into a grumpy bo11ocks:P

Sorry to hear you are having sleep troubles Lainey. I'd say lockdown and possibly the schools situation could be part of the reason for sure. I know that feeling of just lying there all night trying so hard to get to sleep and sure the more you become aware of it, the harder and harder it becomes to get to sleep. I don't think you would ever be a grumpy bo11ocks

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you are having sleep troubles Lainey. I'd say lockdown and possibly the schools situation could be part of the reason for sure. I know that feeling of just lying there all night trying so hard to get to sleep and sure the more you become aware of it, the harder and harder it becomes to get to sleep. I don't think you would ever be a grumpy bo11ocks

God there really is nothing at all as bad as lying there while everyone else sleeps! Yeah I already feel lighter after speaking to the doc & with a definite date for my son going back to school it feels a lot better now. I think I just need to get myself back into a relatively good pattern of sleep to keep myself sane! Aw thank you, maybe grumpy should be replaced with over emotional;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

God there really is nothing at all as bad as lying there while everyone else sleeps! Yeah I already feel lighter after speaking to the doc & with a definite date for my son going back to school it feels a lot better now. I think I just need to get myself back into a relatively good pattern of sleep to keep myself sane! Aw thank you, maybe grumpy should be replaced with over emotional;)

No, grumpy is more apt. :pac:

Advertisement