Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motherboard sound issue

Options
  • 30-07-2019 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hiya,

I put my pc together and everything is working fine except for the sound. I can get sound through my headset which is plugged into the monitor but even then the microphone doesn't work. I've got a Asus 450 tuf motherboard. I've tried installing Realtek software with no luck. Any tips or help would be great. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

When you plug the mic into the pink port, what happens?

Have you tried plugging the mic directly into the motherboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭j_mo

I've tried plugging the headset into each port and it does nothing. It doesn't detect anything and there's no sound. I didn't know you could plug it directly into the motherboard? I didn't notice anywhere for the 3.5mil to go into. It's saying that all my drivers are up to date but I'm not sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

j_mo wrote: »
    I've tried plugging the headset into each port and it does nothing. It doesn't detect anything and there's no sound. I didn't know you could plug it directly into the motherboard? I didn't notice anywhere for the 3.5mil to go into. It's saying that all my drivers are up to date but I'm not sure?

He meant on the i/O panel that is usually located at the back of PC where HDMI and stuff are rather than plugging into the case 3.5mm port usually on top of PC case.

Regarding mic not working when connected to monitor it is most likely just a sound output socket rather then a sound and mic one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Right click the little audio icon in the sytem tray,bottom right,go to settings.

Configure your input/output settings.

If the devices are connected they should show up as options for input/output.

If you were using a monitor with headphones the audio may be routed via HDMI,changing it to either of the i/O ports may work depending on which you want to use

That's my issue unfortunately, no devices are showing up for me. I have plugged in my headset into both parts of the pc with the appropriate spots and its not being recognized anywhere. I have also plugged in an Xbox controller to see if I could route the headset through that instead and even that hasn't been recognized or installed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Did you install the latest chipset drivers and is the sound card being recognised in device manager?

Do you have speakers connected to the back of the PC, the audio port on the back of the motherboard? Are they working?

I've all the drivers updated according to windows update but I've my doubts if this is the case. The driver is being listed as 'HD audio device' I think. I've no speakers so can't test that unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Is the socket turned off in bios?

I don't know your board but I can turn mine off in bios so I assume you can in yours.

Thanks for the help and the download links. Got it working finally. Really appreciate all the help and responses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

thanks for replying but don't be one of those people that say they got it working and then don't say what they did to resolve it :p

Advertisement