Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Asylum seekers refuse to leave emergency accommodation

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Odhinn wrote: »
    What nations specifically....?

Albania being one.

South Africa being another

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

creeper1 wrote: »
    Many very wealthy countries in the east these days - Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore etc etc yet its all down to western countries to endlessly absorb migrants.

Korea will still be recognisable as Korea in fifty years. Ireland will be culturally extinct at the rate things are going. Was looking at a map predicting population growth in Europe 2017-2050, 33% population growth predicted for Ireland, in 33 years, think about it, doesn't take a genius to figure out what fffg has us signed up for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,445 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Well send in those guards with the balaclavas on they used for evicting Tennant's a few months ago.

They only do that in the interests of corporate capital, not against it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

We are such an incredible soft touch. Problem is if the Gardai/Army etc.. are sent in to move these folks out you'd have Paul Murphy and his merry mob of layabouts dragging RTE down to the site to show the "disgusting heavy handed tactics of the state".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,791 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

creeper1 wrote: »
    Have you considered that maybe it shouldn’t exclusively western countries doing the heavy lifting on asylum?

They aren't.

There is 5-6 million refugees in countries neighboring Syria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

We are such an incredible soft touch. Problem is if the Gardai/Army etc.. are sent in to move these folks out you'd have Paul Murphy and his merry mob of layabouts dragging RTE down to the site to show the "disgusting heavy handed tactics of the state".

Even if theyre put on a plane, there could be other gobshîtes passengers interfering

• Registered Users Posts: 8,152 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Albania being one.

South Africa being another

Fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Korea will still be recognisable as Korea in fifty years. Ireland will be culturally extinct at the rate things are going. Was looking at a map predicting population growth in Europe 2017-2050, 33% population growth predicted for Ireland, in 33 years, think about it, doesn't take a genius to figure out what fffg has us signed up for.

It's official FG policy to increase the population of the nation by 1 million by 2040. Middle class Irish people can't afford or don't want to for various reasons have big families so you are left with an open door policy to bring in people from Africa and the middle east who happily will pop out 5-6 kids over the next 10-20 years.

Doesn't take a genius to figure out how that will end. The results are already outing and it's going to be a **** show of epic proportions. But wacism etc..:rolleyes:

TBH, I have never heard Murphy mention Refugees.

How many Guards arrested him in the bogus false imprisonment case?

Was it 4 or 6?

• Advertisement

It's official FG policy to increase the population of the nation by 1 million by 2040. Middle class Irish people can't afford or don't want to for various reasons have big families so you are left with an open door policy to bring in people from Africa and the middle east who happily will pop out 5-6 kids over the next 10-20 years.

Doesn't take a genius to figure out how that will end. The results are already outing and it's going to be a **** show of epic proportions. But wacism etc..:rolleyes:

Good post

I have said it many times, the Welfare system needs to be addressed and overhauled urgently to stop us becoming a haven of all sorts.

Boggles wrote: »
    TBH, I have never heard Murphy mention Refugees.

How many Guards arrested him in the bogus false imprisonment case?

Was it 4 or 6?

Murphy is more for the Irish waster than he is for refugees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Why is the title all in Caps? Feels like I'm reading The Mirror newspaper

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Feels like I'm reading The Mirror newspaper

That would be the entire thread, not just the title

Good post

I have said it many times, the Welfare system needs to be addressed and overhauled urgently to stop us becoming a haven of all sorts.

Down the pub with a rolled up Daily Mail in your arsé pocket?

Down the pub with a rolled up Daily Mail in your arsé pocket?

Well ye actually but also in other places, work, home, whoever the fcuk will listen to me (Paper fairly accurate also)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,551 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Why is the title all in Caps? Feels like I'm reading The Mirror newspaper

Daily Mail, surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Pretty high rejection rates on all but the Syrians

so we mostly take syrians and a majority men, good that we can lock that in now so those denying its mostly men can put that one to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

https://twitter.com/cdavandaag/status/1003980366015811585

[Tr: Asylum seekers who have exhausted all legal remedies try to squat a house where people live. We believe that the squatting ban must be enforced. Amsterdam must cooperate in the deportation of asylum seekers who have exhausted all legal remedies and must not give them false hope that they can stay here. #kraken [/quote]

Amateurs.... refusing to leave an hotel.

Come back when they want to squat in a house where the actual owners are still living.

That was June 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

I see there is another ongoing thread regarding Courtown, hopefully there is no link to this.

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

ambasite wrote: »
    Why?

Better an Irish gang running around assaulting girls *allegedly* than a forigen gang. ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

They should be told to go where they are supposed to be or clear off back to where they came from.

That would soften their cough fairly lively I'd imagine, but of course it will never happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Interesting that your first thoughts are to blame the agency not the chancers fleecing us the taxpayer.

I think you missed that sarcasm in my post I was just higligting something for people to draw their own conclusions.

I would have got back to you sooner but I am just back from a 24 hour ban for though crime on this subject.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

I think you missed that sarcasm in my post I was just higligting something for people to draw their own conclusions.

I would have got back to you sooner but I am just back from a 24 hour ban for though crime on this subject.;)

On a similar theme, by any random chance is 'Cinema'Guy45 anything to do with the 2Door'Cinema'Club hispter band, who had their own asylum seekers pop out their touring van just this week?

https://www.newstalk.com/news/two-door-cinema-club-truck-888886
    Sure is a long way from Sudan to Galway in cargo/truck hold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

On a similar theme, by any random chance is 'Cinema'Guy45 anything to do with the 2Door'Cinema'Club hispter band, who had their own asylum seekers pop out their touring van just this week?

https://www.newstalk.com/news/two-door-cinema-club-truck-888886
    Sure is a long way from Sudan to Galway in cargo/truck hold.

Afraid not I am just a movie fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Afraid not I am just a movie fan.
    Just a funny coincidence. The hipster band from Bangor(NI) went on to suggest that Direct Provision is "not fit for purpose", and that the men need "love and support from their new community.

Glad to see the Bangor chaps offer to take them up to their home/town of Bangor. They have a nice marina there, and some amount of 'love and support' in whatever better quality centre is available there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

so we mostly take syrians and a majority men, good that we can lock that in now so those denying its mostly men can put that one to bed.

Alledged Syrians. Fake Syrian paperwork isn't that hard to get a hold of and there is no way to check it's authenticity. That said a lot of the "Syrian" blokes showing up have no paperwork whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Fun Fact: Delhi is closer to Damascus than Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Ungrateful feckers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Ungrateful feckers

Criminals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,871 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Ungrateful feckers

This is it.

Do these ppl realise how utterly ungrateful to Ireland they look???

Is it any wonder ppl have problems with asylum seekers in Ireland

• Advertisement

This is it.

The average salary per month in Syria is roughly €300, now imagine coming to Ireland, putting your feet up and earning nearly 3 times more than that for doing nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

antix80 wrote: »
    Criminals

No, pretty sure they are all doctors and engineers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Jimmy McGill

Ireland is not a first safe port of entry into Europe, so how do they get here in the first place?

Imagine having a safe roof over your head while claiming "asylum" and picking and choosing where you stay. Further proof that these are economic migrants and not genuine asylum seekers.

Thousands of Irish people on the streets and they don't get to pick and choose where they have a roof over their head. Tell them they'll be put out on the street and they'll change their tune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

So will you and your other friends on here be offering to take them in if they are evicted.

I don't have friends on here. Everyone hates me. Stop with the stupidspeak.

This is it.

Only certain kinds of people have problems with asylum seekers in Ireland in general. Other people might have the odd problem with an individual but across the board, no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

No, pretty sure they are all doctors and engineers.

Merkel must have kept them for herself.
    Ireland is not a first safe port of entry into Europe, so how do they get here in the first place?

Well now we have this bizarre burden sharing plan.. which is just to stop Italy refusing all the immigrants that are so important to the EU's plan. It will also help retcon the anomaly you outlined above.

I see we're accepting 2 of the criminals from the 116 that invaded Italy in recent days.

The average salary per month in Syria is roughly €300, now imagine coming to Ireland, putting your feet up and earning nearly 3 times more than that for doing nothing.

Sure they probably staged the war that killed half a million people and displaced countless others just to get over here.

Sure they probably staged the war that killed half a million people and displaced countless others just to get over here.

What has that got to do with my statement?

What has that got to do with my statement?

You seem a bright lad, I'm sure you can work it out.

It's not that nuanced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Refusing to leave emergency accommodation. I wonder why they were seeking asylum in the first place?

• Advertisement

You seem a bright lad, I'm sure you can work it out.

It's not that nuanced.

Well the ones that have made it here have hit the jackpot compared to their mates stuck in camps in Turkey

And what i will also add and i don't like bringing Brexit in to this thread but the number of Asylum seekers and illegal immigrants is going to rise dramatically after October 31st.

But no doubt Leo and his boyz have put a plan in place for this

Well the ones that have made it here have hit the jackpot compared to their mates stuck in camps in Turkey

They are certainly better off.

You would hardly begrudge them that would you?

They are certainly better off.

You would hardly begrudge them that would you?

No i don't begrudge them. What they experienced, no person should have to witness.

The caveat being that they must contribute to society after a period of integration.

However i do begrudge the Albanians, the Georgians, The Saffers, Nigerian and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Anto Lynch

Dont forget we need more migrants to keep the wages down.

https://www.independent.ie/business/jobs/not-enough-migrants-arriving-to-keep-pay-down-central-bank-38356212.html

Probably worth a thread of its own.

No i don't begrudge them. What they experienced, no person should have to witness.

The caveat being that they must contribute to society after a period of integration.

I agree allowing them to integrate is very important.

It's the reason these asylum seekers wouldn't get on the bus.
    However, they said they did not want to leave, saying they had put down roots, built friendships and got involved in the local Tidy Town committee and other local events .

Eighteen refused to board the bus which arrived on Monday, telling Reception and Integration Agency (RIA) officials that they would only leave if they were going to long-term accommodation

I agree allowing them to integrate is very important.

It's the reason these asylum seekers wouldn't get on the bus.

Put down roots... would you give me a break. The place is open a few months. That whole statement is a contradiction..

• Advertisement

Anto Lynch wrote: »
    Put down roots... would you give me a break. The place is open a few months. That whole statement is a contradiction..

What's the real reason they wouldn't leave so Anto?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,871 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

If genuine i have no issue with them but I still would have major problems with bogus claims

What's the real reason they wouldn't leave so Anto?

"Weve put down roots here, so we arent leaving"

Unless of course its for permanent accomadation. Then forget the roots.

You buying that?

Anto Lynch wrote: »
    "Weve put down roots here, so we arent leaving"

Unless of course its for permanent accomadation. Then forget the roots.

You buying that?

Well yeah. It makes perfect sense. :confused:

But come on Anto you seem to have your finger on the pulse, what's the real reason?

Well yeah. It makes perfect sense. :confused:

But come on Anto you seem to have your finger on the pulse, what's the real reason?

When did the DP centre open in Courtown?

• Advertisement
Advertisement