Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asylum seekers refuse to leave emergency accommodation

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Well the ones that have made it here have hit the jackpot compared to their mates stuck in camps in Turkey

They are certainly better off.

You would hardly begrudge them that would you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Boggles wrote: »
    They are certainly better off.

You would hardly begrudge them that would you?

No i don't begrudge them. What they experienced, no person should have to witness.

The caveat being that they must contribute to society after a period of integration.

However i do begrudge the Albanians, the Georgians, The Saffers, Nigerian and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Anto Lynch

Dont forget we need more migrants to keep the wages down.

https://www.independent.ie/business/jobs/not-enough-migrants-arriving-to-keep-pay-down-central-bank-38356212.html

Probably worth a thread of its own.

No i don't begrudge them. What they experienced, no person should have to witness.

The caveat being that they must contribute to society after a period of integration.

I agree allowing them to integrate is very important.

It's the reason these asylum seekers wouldn't get on the bus.
    However, they said they did not want to leave, saying they had put down roots, built friendships and got involved in the local Tidy Town committee and other local events .

Eighteen refused to board the bus which arrived on Monday, telling Reception and Integration Agency (RIA) officials that they would only leave if they were going to long-term accommodation

I agree allowing them to integrate is very important.

It's the reason these asylum seekers wouldn't get on the bus.

Put down roots... would you give me a break. The place is open a few months. That whole statement is a contradiction..

• Advertisement

Anto Lynch wrote: »
    Put down roots... would you give me a break. The place is open a few months. That whole statement is a contradiction..

What's the real reason they wouldn't leave so Anto?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Sure they probably staged the war that killed half a million people and displaced countless others just to get over here.

If genuine i have no issue with them but I still would have major problems with bogus claims

What's the real reason they wouldn't leave so Anto?

"Weve put down roots here, so we arent leaving"

Unless of course its for permanent accomadation. Then forget the roots.

You buying that?

"Weve put down roots here, so we arent leaving"

Unless of course its for permanent accomadation. Then forget the roots.

You buying that?

Well yeah. It makes perfect sense. :confused:

But come on Anto you seem to have your finger on the pulse, what's the real reason?

Well yeah. It makes perfect sense. :confused:

But come on Anto you seem to have your finger on the pulse, what's the real reason?

When did the DP centre open in Courtown?

• Advertisement

When did the DP centre open in Courtown?

Stop stalling Anto, tell the class the real reason they wouldn't get on the bus?

Stop stalling Anto, tell the class the real reason they wouldn't get on the bus?

Youve havent a breeze anyway. I bet you didnt even know there was a DP centre in courtown till a few days ago.

"Put down roots" the place is open 3 months lol

Youd swallow a brick.

Youve havent a breeze anyway. I bet you didnt even know there was a DP centre in courtown till a few days ago.

"Put down roots" the place is open 3 months lol

Youd swallow a brick.

Why wouldn't they get on the bus Anto?

What's the real reason?

Why wouldn't they get on the bus Anto?

What's the real reason?

Because theyve put down roots... lol

Because theyve put down roots... lol

Just because you don't have the ability to make friends in 3 months doesn't mean the rest of society don't.

Keep trucking Anto.

Just because you don't have the ability to make friends in 3 months doesn't mean the rest of society don't.

Keep trucking Anto.

Yeah im sure theyve made loads of friends alright. Hows that brick going down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Yeah im sure theyve made loads of friends alright :rollseyes

Well they have boggles. I doubt an immigrant could have a better friend.

If they want them gone them gone they should offer them a free gaff and dole money. All these "roots" would be soon forgotten and theyd move their arse quick enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭creeper1

There's no reason for even genuine asylum seekers to go to Ireland (by the way most applicants are from people from places like Nigeria and Pakistan in other words economic migrants ) because it costs much more to house, feed and clothe them here.

you would probably be able to house, feed and clothe 5 families in Turkey for the price of one in Ireland.

also there is the practical reason that refugees will return to their homelands once they are safe from places like turkey whereas if they are in Ireland enjoying a relatively large income by Syrian standards they aren't going anywhere.

Again I do have sympathy for those Syrians who genuinely come from the province neighboring turkey which is the only province where violence is currently taking place on a large scale

creeper1 wrote: »
    There's no reason for even genuine asylum seekers to go to Ireland (by the way most applicants are from people from places like Nigeria and Pakistan in other words economic migrants ) because it costs much more to house, feed and clothe them here.

you would probably be able to house, feed and clothe 5 families in Turkey for the price of one in Ireland.

also there is the practical reason that refugees will return to their homelands once they are safe from places like turkey whereas if they are in Ireland enjoying a relatively large income by Syrian standards they aren't going anywhere.

Again I do have sympathy for those Syrians who genuinely come from the province neighboring turkey which is the only province where violence is currently taking place on a large scale

We need to take control back of our borders i jolly well say

• Advertisement

Why aren't the 5-6 million Syrian Refugees flooding back if the rest of Syria is so safe?

Why aren't the 5-6 million Syrian Refugees flooding back if the rest of Syria is so safe?

Plenty of construction work too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭creeper1

They are returning but not in hundreds of thousands.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiqyozj--HjAhWeQEEAHdj0C3cQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailysabah.com%2Fpolitics%2F2019%2F07%2F02%2Fnearly-80000-syrians-returned-to-their-hometowns-in-first-half-of-2019&psig=AOvVaw1RkXPQoaCOL42BE-MfDzZZ&ust=1564759031460356

Again most migrants into Ireland are not Syrian however and come from places such as Albania, Nigeria, Bangladesh etc so it's almost irrelevant to this discussion.

Question remains, if the fighting is in one small part of the country, why are they not flooding back?

You have just proved they aren't.
    Again most migrants into Ireland are not Syrian however and come from places such as Albania, Nigeria, Bangladesh etc so it's almost irrelevant to this discussion.

Syrians have the highest acceptance rate so I wouldn't call it irrelevant.

Advertisement