Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transporting Bike from Belfast to Dublin

Options
  • 31-07-2019 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Lads,

Apologies for asking a question that has come up before - but I've done a search and tried a couple of the companies that came up but with no joy ...

I need to get a bike transported from Belfast to Dublin... if there's anybody who is particularly suited to this then I'd certainly appreciate a point in their direction...

muchos gracias :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭D3V!L

drumm23 wrote: »
    Lads,

Apologies for asking a question that has come up before - but I've done a search and tried a couple of the companies that came up but with no joy ...

I need to get a bike transported from Belfast to Dublin... if there's anybody who is particularly suited to this then I'd certainly appreciate a point in their direction...

muchos gracias :)

Can you not just drive it ? Get the train up and drive back.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭drumm23

D3V!L wrote: »
    Can you not just drive it ? Get the train up and drive back.

Only getting back to biking after long stint out so didn't want to take on the journey!!

Seems a reasonably small ask but I'll keep looking 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

drumm23 wrote: »
    Only getting back to biking after long stint out so didn't want to take on the journey!!

Seems a reasonably small ask but I'll keep looking ðŸ‘

There's plenty of bike moving companies that will do it. Very few people will have policies that allow cross boarder riding other bikes so a person can't ride it down.

It's just over an hour on a motorway with services. I doubt you could have an easier first ride on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭jimbev

It's just over an hour on a motorway with services. I doubt you could have an easier first ride on it.[/quote]

With all due respect
    Very true comment and all traffic flowing the same way it won't get any easier

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Less than 100 to hire a van for a day...Handy drive up, get the bike stop for lunch..nice views.....am i missing something here...:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement