Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using debit card abroad

Options
  • 31-07-2019 8:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi there. Is there a need to notify my bank if i will be travelling and usin my debit card abroad?
    Have found conflicting messages on BOI. I remember doing this online a few years ago but perhaps the system has chamged.
    Basically, is there a number i can call or is it needed at all. . .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Do it via the ask a question option in the website. Always better to let them know. Even if it does nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭087brain21

not really unless your traveling to china or one of those countries 

now if your planning to be spending big amounts i would inform them but i never had any issues with using my card on holidays 

but i rang the number on the back of the card and informed them when i went to china

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

Hi there. Is there a need to notify my bank if i will be travelling and usin my debit card abroad?
    Have found conflicting messages on BOI. I remember doing this online a few years ago but perhaps the system has chamged.
    Basically, is there a number i can call or is it needed at all. . .

Hi Mountain_M78

Thank you for getting in touch today.

We no longer ask our customers to update their travel note. Instead we ask you to make sure your contact details are up to date with ourselves. If a transaction flags as suspicious our card security team will send a text or email requesting that you confirm it as genuine. Once that is done your card will not be blocked.

Many Thanks

John

Advertisement