Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEPA Delay from French bank

Options
  • 31-07-2019 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,
    Can I see if you can identify any delay on a sepa transfer I am due from a French bank?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

FeargO wrote: »
    Hi,
    Can I see if you can identify any delay on a sepa transfer I am due from a French bank?
    Thanks

Hi FeargO,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

We have no reports of delays with SEPA transfers at our end. However you would need to check with the sending bank if there is a delay with them. We will apply the funds to your Bank of Ireland Account on the day they are received with us.

Many Thanks

John

• Registered Users Posts: 21 FeargO

Hi,
    Thanks

Hi FeargO,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

We have no reports of delays with SEPA transfers at our end. However you would need to check with the sending bank if there is a delay with them. We will apply the funds to your Bank of Ireland Account on the day they are received with us.

Many Thanks

John
    Hi John,
    The sender asked their bank and they confirmed that the funds had cleared from their side on Monday. They had the correct IBAN/BIC and a separate transfer from another bank cleared to my account yesterday.
    I can get their BIC/IBAN if you can use it to identify any returned/orphaned SEPA transfers.
    Thanks

Hi John,
    The sender asked their bank and they confirmed that the funds had cleared from their side on Monday. They had the correct IBAN/BIC and a separate transfer from another bank cleared to my account yesterday.
    I can get their BIC/IBAN if you can use it to identify any returned/orphaned SEPA transfers.
    Thanks

Hi FeargO,

Thank you for coming back to us with an update.

If we haven't received the funds yet there is nothing we can do in terms of trying to trace a payment coming into us. We will apply the funds to your Account when they arrive providing the correct BIC and IBAN were used by the French Bank.

What you can do is ask the French Bank for 'proof of payment' - when they provide you with this we can check if everything is correct or if a digit was wrong then we should be able to see where the payment has gone.

Many Thanks

John  

• Registered Users Posts: 21 FeargO

Hi John,
    Thanks

Hi FeargO,

Thank you for coming back to us with an update.

If we haven't received the funds yet there is nothing we can do in terms of trying to trace a payment coming into us. We will apply the funds to your Account when they arrive providing the correct BIC and IBAN were used by the French Bank.

What you can do is ask the French Bank for 'proof of payment' - when they provide you with this we can check if everything is correct or if a digit was wrong then we should be able to see where the payment has gone.

Many Thanks

John  
    Thanks, can I pm you a copy?

Thanks, can I pm you a copy?

Can you send this via the 'ask a question' facility in the service desk tab of your 365 online account? An advisor with account access will check this for you and get back to you.

For security we are unable to check customer accounts on Boards.

Thanks

John

• Advertisement
Advertisement