Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Games Beers - August 23rd Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

I’ll go for 4 and stay all night, I’m so excited and want to meet EVERYONE!!! :D

I love how excited I am now with it being three weeks away knowing full well on the day I’ll be like Eminem in 8 mile before he goes out and raps :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

would you guys have a problem if a non boardise came (my sis) came along for moral support for me?

No problem. All welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Skunk you need to quit the monster bud :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Necro wrote:
    Most likely in, will confirm next week

Screw waiting for next week, I'm in. Probably half dead from exhaustion by end of the night cos I'm working till 8am Friday morning but sure what of it :pac:

sullivlo wrote: »
    ... which is an idea he stole from Sully who was going to run a game with no wolves and random.org for the munches.

Necro was going to co-mod.

After the reaction at the beers, we decided against pursuing it in a game. Then stu stole some balloons and all was well in the world.

Again...I thought they were communal balloons :o It was all your fault as well anyway, I got caught up in the merriment and good vibes of the night!

Ah damn it, there's not a hope of me making the 2nd or the 23rd, mad season with work. Although oddly enough, I have a couple of Sundays free in the month. If any of you are on for afters on the 25th during the day, or even something different (like hiking or...something) that could be arranged. I imagine with families and other stuff though, some of ye will be doing well to attend on the 23rd.

Have a good one, I will miss the craic and the chicken wings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

When you guys meet do you call each other by your real names or your boards names?

Because you're so used to liking each other's comments do you give each other the thumbs up or something? I'm not being facetious I'm just trying to figure out how you convert boards behaviour into real-life behaviour.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Well first comes the introductory phase where real names are exchanged, but generally when the games start I'd revert to calling people by their boards name :)

Necro wrote: »
    Well first comes the introductory phase where real names are exchanged, but generally when the games start I'd revert to calling people by their boards name :)

Real Names!!!

No Sir!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Depends for me. I try to go with real names as it's a real setting, but Boards names sometimes slip out.

As for liking each other's comments, we bring little cardboard thumbs up icons on sticks and wave them any time somebody says something clever.

That last bit may or may not be true.

quickbeam wrote: »
    Depends for me. I try to go with real names as it's a real setting, but Boards names sometimes slip out.

Fair enough. If I attend, you may call me by my real name... Tusk McTusker Tuskington

• Advertisement

Well I prefer Necro to my actual name :P

I'm considering getting it change by deed poll

*Also may or may not be true

Awww :( Ignatius is such a lovely name. You should wear it with pride.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Sames. Mary is boring. Most people in Belfast know me as Molly. And I have in fact considered changing it by deed poll.

Unfortunately this month is a nightmare for me folks so I won't make it. Which is a shame coz I'd love to meet all the new folks. Have fun!

Ill book a spot in Oscars in Smithfield, unless there are other suggestions for venue?

Baggly wrote: »
    Ill book a spot in Oscars in Smithfield, unless there are other suggestions for venue?

Forum Games Karaoke!!! :pac:

No complaints with Oscars.

Oscars fine by me. Easy to find for newcomers. Though karaoke would be awesome :P

You can just start singing in Oscars, Necro

Baggly wrote: »
    You can just start singing in Oscars, Necro

Wouldn't be the first time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Westlife's greatest hits!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

The back page :(

sullivlo wrote: »
    The back page :(

I'd get on board with that, but I don't know how easy it'd be for others to get to.

quickbeam wrote: »
    I'd get on board with that, but I don't know how easy it'd be for others to get to.

Yeah :( it's on bus routes!! But Oscars is more central.

I'm probably gonna be driving anyway so doesn't bother me. Twas only because the back page has board games!

quickbeam wrote:

Whereabouts is it?

Whereabouts is it?

Phibsboro.

I'm easy on location, I'm only the culchie blow-in for the night :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Is that near the Mater?

fixxxer wrote: »
    Is that near the Mater?

From my very brief look at Google Maps it looks pretty close to it alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

In that case I can get there pretty easily if that's the venue. Either really.

• Advertisement

Im easy on venue. You can arrange it though Sully :D

Advertisement