Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teachkloud website and crèche

• 31-07-2019 10:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭

Hi

Crèche junior is in have asked about creating page for junior hosted by the below

https://www.teachkloud.com/

To me it looks like a Facebook page for infants and I'm very sceptical about anything online with junior. I don't put little if anything only share pictures amongst family via WhatsApp.

At the moment crèche sends a journal home and happy enough with that (and i know about the RTE investigation)

Just wondering if anyone has this in their child's crèche and what is your opinion on it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,071 ✭✭✭✭neris

theres a number of these kind of systems for creches where they can manage each childs days, routines etc and can communicate with the individual parents through it so they would update them during the day saying what each child has done, eaten etc but its only communicated to that childs parents and not everyone. They are basically your childs journal but online and you can see what theyve been doing etc before you go to do pick up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

neris wrote: »
    theres a number of these kind of systems for creches where they can manage each childs days, routines etc and can communicate with the individual parents through it so they would update them during the day saying what each child has done, eaten etc but its only communicated to that childs parents and not everyone. They are basically your childs journal but online and you can see what theyve been doing etc before you go to do pick up

Yes they are getting rid of the paper journal and everything is going online. Parents only access to their own child's day.
    Only few people in crèche can access it.

Developer's don't keep data hmm

I'm just sceptical about most things online.. Yes I get the irony as posting about it online

• Administrators Posts: 54,168 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

My daughter's last creche had an online system, her current one is paper based. The online system was far better. Could login at any time and see how her sleep was, her eating, her nappies etc, they added photos when she did something interesting. Also handy for when they add a note saying the child needs nappies or wipes you got a notification.

The paper is grand, but it's a waste of paper really and you've no idea how their day is going until you go collect.

Advertisement