Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sexual assaults in Courtown

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The Irish media have been skirting around how to report this. The reporting started off with no details of the offence being reported due to the sensitive nature of the case, to it finally being reported that it is an alleged rape case, but still with no details of the perpetrators. Hmm?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/garda-manhunt-after-three-teenage-girls-allege-rape-and-sex-assaults-in-courtown-harbour-38359579.html

Daily mirror refers to them as women

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

The Irish media have been skirting around how to report this. The reporting started off with no details of the offence being reported due to the sensitive nature of the case, to it finally being reported that it is an alleged rape case, but still with no details of the perpetrators. Hmm?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/garda-manhunt-after-three-teenage-girls-allege-rape-and-sex-assaults-in-courtown-harbour-38359579.html

And the usual knuckle draggers jump to the usual conclusions.

Yet local media's reporting they're from Kilkenny City; will that stop the asylum seeker bashers which has meant Irelands Right Wing scum like R**** C**** has jumped in his car, paid for by his supporters, and gone to Courtown?

Nope, they'll say it's a cover up and the Irish're taking the rap.....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Media say that it's believed the suspects have left the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

All the wild speculation would stop if Gardai issued a description of the alleged rapists. They have got cctv evidence in their possession.
    Local women in particular need to be protected from future possible attacks.
    Something very peculiar going on here.
    Has any local politican spoken out.
    It's all very well calling the likes of Rowan Croft a scumbag but until some statement/description is issued people like him will draw their own conclusions.
    Why the silence?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,427 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

washman3 wrote: »
    All the wild speculation would stop if Gardai issued a description of the alleged rapists. They have got cctv evidence in their possession.
    Local women in particular need to be protected from future possible attacks.
    Something very peculiar going on here.
    Has any local politican spoken out.
    It's all very well calling the likes of Rowan Croft a scumbag but until some statement/description is issued people like him will draw their own conclusions.
    Why the silence?

The culprits were minors from Kilkenny apparently. The cops know who they are but are being protected by their parents,and are believed to have gone to England to stay with family or relatives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Anto Lynch

kneemos wrote: »
    The culprits were minors from Kilkenny apparently. The cops know who they are but are being protected by their parents,and are believed to have gone to England to stay with family or relatives.

Where did you see England mentioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,427 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Anto Lynch wrote: »

Heard it on a bulletin or read it somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭blindsider

A Newspaper reported was interviewed on radio this morning - poss. Cork's 96FM

She gave a little more information, but I'm reluctant to post it just in case.

Did anyone else hear this?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Anto Lynch

blindsider wrote: »
    A Newspaper reported was interviewed on radio this morning - poss. Cork's 96FM

She gave a little more information, but I'm reluctant to post it just in case.

Did anyone else hear this?

If it was said on the radio its in the public domain you can tell us.

• Advertisement

Repeating sth libellous/slanderous is no defence.

I'll bide my time thanks. (I'm not being smart here - I don't want Boards, or me, to get in trouble.)

If I can find the info I will post a link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Anto Lynch wrote: »

England was mentioned on South East Radio news

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

two brothers sentenced today, 5 years and 6 years respectively

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2021/0920/1247932-court-rape/

So what I glean from a little bit of research is that the two rapists were from an ethnic group but appear to be native Irish and their relatives were allegedly trying to shield them from both Justice and from the wrath of the extended family of the victim of this crime. Is that the extent of it or am I missing any other key details that the Media are unable to report and which can't be stated here on the forum?

Sentences are a total joke. 5 years for this horrific crime FFS.

Should be 25 at least without parole.

And those that shielded them to evade justice should get at least 10 years.

The justice system (sorry industry) in this country is a complete joke.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

☝️ 100% - At the very least they should be able to name the now convicted in public!!

Protecting a criminal is wrong & sentencing is way too lenient in this country.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

The Bleeding Hearts should be arriving here shortly.....😉

• Registered Users Posts: 32,595 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

No sentence at all...they will be out pretty quickly for "good behaviour" no doubt :(

This gets curiouser and curiouser.

I presuem detailsare witheld because the victims are minors and entilted to complete anonymity. (I don't hae a problem with that.)

BUT - it's disappointing that, without more info, it;s impossible to know what's going on - the sentences seem very light- esp. as the convicted pair evaded justice, and were aided by others.

I wonder will the DPP appeal the sentences?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

I don't agree with children being sent to prison under any circumstances.

I would suggest that it's because of attitudes like this that these crimes are committed in the first place.!! "i'm under 18 so i can commit any crime that i please, i'm untouchable" Most likely because they've seen their own parents do likewise without any consequences. To call these "children" is an insult to ordinary decent children throughout the country. They are ANIMALS plain and simple, and that may even be insulting to animals everywhere. A 20 year sentence in a proper prison (not a holiday camp) would be fitting for these scum and set a precedent for future scum thinking about committing similar crimes.

Time to call a spade a spade in this country and put victims before scumbags.😡

Would you care to tell us your solution.? Probably give them free ice-cream daily in the 'hope' that it will rehabilitate them.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭baldbear

What should have happened to Jamie Bulger's killers ?

In this case it doesn't matter what sentence was given as travellers will never let something like this go. Those lads will be looking over their shoulders the rest of there lives.

I've had minors boasting to me as they are engaged in anti-social activity that they already have ASBOs.

The Juvenille Diversion Programs in Ireland do not work.

Advertisement