Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oddball Online Stalker - should I be worried?

• 31-07-2019 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I've noticed recently that I have some sort of online stalker on this site - he follows me around from thread to thread like a beggar looking for change. I'm not particularly worried about this, as I presume he's a hybrid mixture of a dweeb, a dork, and a dufus - a dworkfus. Probably fits the Boards stereotype - overweight, questionable hygiene, single, living in a grotty bedsit, depressed, and lacking anything approaching a personality. I assume he is jealous of my wit, charm, and that certain je ne sais quoi which means that men want to be me, and women want to be with me. I'm also significantly more intelligent than he is. :cool:

Now it's quite satisfying on a personal level to know I'm living rent free inside his head, but you'd think he'd have the emotional toolkit to move on. Have you ever had an online stalker, and what did you do about it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Nobody cares

Appletinis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

and women want to be with me. I'm also significantly more intelligent than he is. :cool:

I wanna be wit you.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I am the stalker.
    I want to wear your face Johnny.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Answer: You should be very worried..... Boom_Bap is known to cause serious damage :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

So do I count this as us going public??

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Kimbot wrote: »
    Answer: You should be very worried..... Boom_Bap is known to cause serious damage :P

You're just jealous that I don't want to wear your face anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I am the stalker.
    I want to wear your face Johnny.

Don’t know how I feel about that, Boom. Had you down as a relatively sane sort. Certainly not the type of man who would wear another man’s face, and then use that to chat up women.

You aren’t the stalker I had identified from my 2 minutes of research. Going on my watch list though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

You're just jealous that I don't want to wear your face anymore.

No.... I want you to wear other parts of me now :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I know where you live

Don’t know how I feel about that, Boom. Had you down as a relatively sane sort. Certainly not the type of man who would wear another man’s face, and then use that to chat up women.

You aren’t the stalker I had identified from my 2 minutes of research. Going on my watch list though.

I don't want it to chat up other women, just to admire your/my self.

No.... I want you to wear other parts of me now :P

What size foot are you again?

I know where you live
    Do you know where I live?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I knew a man once...

That's it.

Do you know where I live?

Yes

What size foot are you again?

9 or 10 depending on brand :P

9 or 10 depending on brand :P

zC8i1UY.gif

Yes
    Now I have to move. :mad:

Nobody cares

My stalker does - the oddball online weirdo stalker I was on about. As I said I’d imagine he’s not the sort to beat me to death with a hammer, but there’s some very unhinged people around here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

There's a few posters who I've noticed tend to follow me around as well. Well I don't actually read anyone else's usernames so I can't be 100% sure but I usually recognise them from their lame quips in my direction and propensity for apoplexy when they take my observations too personally.

As the saying goes "great minds discuss ideas, small minds discuss people," so it's not something I take too seriously. Water off a duck's back, mate.

• Advertisement

Zero sympathy. In operating a legion of dubious accounts to cravenly distort the agenda in multiple threads, you leave yourself wide open to criticism. Actions have consequences, and you must bear the responsibilities like any adult.

Zero sympathy. In operating a legion of dubious accounts to cravenly distort the agenda in multiple threads, you leave yourself wide open to criticism. Actions have consequences, and you must bear the responsibilities like any adult.

It’s a silly message board, Bertie, not the UN Security Council. Lighten up, pal.

No point, I'd now then where you were to move.....

No point, I'd know then where you were to move.....

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

My stalker does - the oddball online weirdo stalker I was on about. As I said I’d imagine he’s not the sort to beat me to death with a hammer, but there’s some very unhinged people around here.

They only want to brush your hair softly whilst you sleep without you knowing.

There's nothing odd about that? :confused:

It’s a silly message board, Bertie, not the UN Security Council. Lighten up, pal.

In an ideal world, "dude". Irreverence has its time and place. However, when specific agendas of a political nature are pushed then rebuke is inevitable. Grow a spine, this isn't a creche.

In an ideal world, "dude". Irreverence has its time and place. However, when specific agendas of a political nature are pushed then rebuke is inevitable. Grow a spine, this isn't a creche.

Stalking is a rebuke? Some weirdo following me around from thread to thread like a tramp looking for change for an outrage hostel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I've noticed recently that I have some sort of online stalker on this site - he follows me around from thread to thread like a beggar looking for change. I'm not particularly worried about this, as I presume he's a hybrid mixture of a dweeb, a dork, and a dufus - a dworkfus. Probably fits the Boards stereotype - overweight, questionable hygiene, single, living in a grotty bedsit, depressed, and lacking anything approaching a personality. I assume he is jealous of my wit, charm, and that certain je ne sais quoi which means that men want to be me, and women want to be with me. I'm also significantly more intelligent than he is. :cool:

Now it's quite satisfying on a personal level to know I'm living rent free inside his head, but you'd think he'd have the emotional toolkit to move on. Have you ever had an online stalker, and what did you do about it?

I wouldn't worry about him JF, I know who you are referring to and he seems to be a very bound up individual.

He needs to learn how to have a good bowel movement as well as get the ride.

Can't blame him though - I reckon his Mam didn't let him touch his willy while growing up, poor chap probably didn't have a **** till he was 19.

No point, I'd now then where you were to move.....
    Moves to your house.

• Advertisement

Stalking is a rebuke? Some weirdo following me around from thread to thread like a tramp looking for change for an outrage hostel.

The scorned diva rears her head. A humdrum fact of life, you can't be all things to all people. More often than not, you and your "allies" attack in unison those who highlight endemic corruption blighting Irish politics. Therefore, disagreements happen. Take it on the chin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

I wanna be wit you.

I think he's the Brummie from Harry Enfield

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Kum8OUTuk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Boards in creepy weirdo stalker shocker!

I think he's the Brummie from Harry Enfield

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Kum8OUTuk

Boom Bap i've been thinking its not going to work out ....you need to let me go

One of "the sisters" :pac:
    they are harmless :D

Augeo wrote: »
    One of "the sisters" :pac:
    they are harmless :D
    That sounded REALLY creepy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Have you ever had an online stalker, and what did you do about it?

I have a stalker for a fair portion of the time i spend online. I usually just batter it into submission and then get back to whatever i was doing before.

Can we name and shame? Unless its me, then don't do that.

Moves to your house.

Sounds like a plan, only thing is then I will have to look at stalking someone else as I won't be staying in all the time, really like been out on the open such as bushes....

Can we name and shame? Unless its me, then don't do that.

Won’t be doing that Deebles. Might send him over the edge. He’s an extremely humourless sort of individual, and would appear to spend his day hitting refresh just so he can post some glib and asinine comment in the first few posts of each thread. As I said, a complete dork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Well Aongus Von Bismarck Woke Hogan Pintman Paddy Losty JohnnyFlash, that’s awful altogether. But it’s okay, if the stalker doesn’t know what your chiseled-out-of-granite face actually looks like, you’ll be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

Well Aongus Von Bismarck Woke Hogan Pintman Paddy Losty JohnnyFlash, that’s awful altogether. But it’s okay, if the stalker doesn’t know what your chiseled-out-of-granite face actually looks like, you’ll be grand.
    I have no other accounts on this website. Withdraw that remark immediately you liar.

Actually I am all of those accounts. As well as every mod, EmmetSpiceland, gozunda, Mam of 4 and you. Am I talking to myself? Who knows?

Some say its a sickness, I say f*ck off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Likely a civil servant...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,153 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Actually I am all of those accounts. As well as every mod, EmmetSpiceland, gozunda, Mam of 4 and you. Am I talking to myself? Who knows?

Some say its a sickness, I say f*ck off.

Wait, you’re me?

I knew there was a reason I “liked” you.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

I had a weird one on boards a few years ago.

lbc2019 wrote: »
    I had a weird one on boards a few years ago.
    I'm not weird, just complicated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    I have no other accounts on this website. Withdraw that remark immediately you liar.

Oh, ya big drama queen. :D You can report posts, you know. I might get an infraction but it would be completely and totally worth it.

Imagine setting up a thread to have an aul "poor pitiful me" whine. Infantile burbling on another level. Poor Johnny/Emmett/Losty cried so hard his face was wet. It momentarily stopped him from bragging about the contents of his faeces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,244 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Bertie wants to make love to Johnny, methinks!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement