Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gravediggers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Edgware wrote: »
    If it was his constituent complaining he would have ten letters written now comparing the area to Syria. He is a legislator, do something to regularise times and locations for outdoor consumption of alcohol. Gob****e

They wonder why such a big home drinking culture has developed.......

• Registered Users Posts: 15,959 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Beats me why anyone would buy/rent on that square if not happy about the pub.

Who came first?

Very dignified response from the owners. IMV

• Registered Users Posts: 25,413 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

If I remember correctly there used to be a sign near the doors, saying something like no drinks outside after xxxx time. Also one say that drinks needs to be in plastic glasses and the bar staff would be quite strict on ensuring you’d transfer into a plastic cup before you’d go out.

Of course there would always be the ‘odd’ non regular twat who after a couple would not be of the mind to give a **** about the rules and try and think they don’t apply because they drank three pints of porter but the staff too are quite proactive in hauling you back in, in a friendly yet proactive manner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

I think it's the most overrated pub in Dublin

How could the gravediggers be over rated? It's exactly what it is. No airs or graces.
    Could it be you just don't like that type of pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

Strumms wrote: »
    If I remember correctly there used to be a sign near the doors, saying something like no drinks outside after xxxx time. Also one say that drinks needs to be in plastic glasses and the bar staff would be quite strict on ensuring you’d transfer into a plastic cup before you’d go out.

Of course there would always be the ‘odd’ non regular twat who after a couple would not be of the mind to give a **** about the rules and try and think they don’t apply because they drank three pints of porter but the staff too are quite proactive in hauling you back in, in a friendly yet proactive manner.

If it's true that the issue escalated after the pub ignored the resident's complaints that would suggest they've loosened up on their previously good practices. If that is the case it's easily solved by the pub ensuring there's no one outside after a certain hour and clearing customers from the area after closure. Hopefully it'll all be sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,413 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

petejmk wrote: »
    If it's true that the issue escalated after the pub ignored the resident's complaints that would suggest they've loosened up on their previously good practices. If that is the case it's easily solved by the pub ensuring there's no one outside after a certain hour and clearing customers from the area after closure. Hopefully it'll all be sorted.

I know that compared to other pubs they operate a very strict ‘time is time’ sort of deal...there wouldn’t, couldn’t and shouldn’t be too much leeway if any in a residential area for that.

They can stop you walking out with a pint glass but not just for a smoke and a chat at any time. The onus is just on the smokers to be considerate and keep it down to a dull roar.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The trouble is, while we all hope and would like to think it's the gentle clink of glasses and good humoured low level laughter on a summer's evening, there are always the animals that assemble where drink is involved.

We get them from Croke Park (even living almost a mile away, outside the cordon, in before the 'why did you buy there' brigade) - the scum who urinate up against the edge of the door (where it meets the frame) ensuring their filth makes its way inside.

A few small actions from the pub should be able to sort that particular issue in Prospect sq., but I have a lot of sympathy for the residents.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

spurious wrote: »
    The trouble is, while we all hope and would like to think it's the gentle clink of glasses and good humoured low level laughter on a summer's evening, there are always the animals that assemble where drink is involved.

We get them from Croke Park (even living almost a mile away, outside the cordon, in before the 'why did you buy there' brigade) - the scum who urinate up against the edge of the door (where it meets the frame) ensuring their filth makes its way inside.

A few small actions from the pub should be able to sort that particular issue in Prospect sq., but I have a lot of sympathy for the residents.
    Why dont you open your bathroom on match and concert days? Problem solved

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Edgware wrote: »
    Why dont you open your bathroom on match and concert days? Problem solved

You may as well let livestock into your home

Advertisement