Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N26 account cause issue with mortgage approval?

• 31-07-2019 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi All, I am considering opening an N26 account. I would be using it to keep track of work expenses. I’m currently with AIB and intend applying for a first time mortgage in the near future. Would having an N26 account cause any potential issues during the mortgage approval process?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Not so long as you cough up the statements for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

SomeDude wrote: »
    Hi All, I am considering opening an N26 account. I would be using it to keep track of work expenses. I’m currently with AIB and intend applying for a first time mortgage in the near future. Would having an N26 account cause any potential issues during the mortgage approval process?

Thanks

Definitely not but you'll need to provide statements, I'd similar recently with Revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SomeDude

Thanks for the replies guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Been using N26 since 2015, got a mortgage in 2016. No issues once I gave in the statements.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭NeonWolf

McGaggs wrote: »
    Been using N26 since 2015, got a mortgage in 2016. No issues once I gave in the statements.

how far back did the statements have to go?

I use revolut exclusively for gambling.!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Mr.S wrote: »
    Typically 6-12 months is requested for statements on accounts.

If you have regular top-ups / transfers to likes of Revolut, N26, PayPal you can be sure they will request the statements from those accounts too.

Basically they will see your gambling transactions.

Any bank account they see on any of your statements, they'll want statements for.

Advertisement