Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dont suppose anyone with a large van/ lorry coming back from UK?

Options
  • 31-07-2019 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Looking at a bike in the uk. Its in Bradford and need to get it to Dublin. Its a barn find, it starts with a jump pack but thats all I know. Dont now if I would risk driving it back as is. I can insure it but no MOT or Tax.

Dont suppose anyone comeing back from Bradford area that can pick it up. Its a big bike, an BMW 1200LT, so transit connect not big enough.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Looking at a bike in the uk. Its in Bradford and need to get it to Dublin. Its a barn find, it starts with a jump pack but thats all I know. Dont now if I would risk driving it back as is. I can insure it but no MOT or Tax.

Dont suppose anyone comeing back from Bradford area that can pick it up. Its a big bike, an BMW 1200LT, so transit connect not big enough.

Give Teds Truckin’ a shout, they’ll get you sorted, some posters here can attest to that

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Is it worth it?
    You don't know how much money needs to be pumped into it.
    I've seen those for sale here from time to time going for peanuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Good question. Seller offing now to bring it to Holyhead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Good question. Seller offing now to bring it to Holyhead

Had an itch for k1200lt but steered clear. If you're thinking about one set aside a few mins to listen to Chris lol
    https://youtu.be/lxbO7QV067s
    Had the k100rs and that was nice, reliable too and nippy! Best headlight on any bike I've owned.

H_Lime wrote: »
    Had an itch for k1200lt but steered clear. If you're thinking about one set aside a few mins to listen to Chris lol
    https://youtu.be/lxbO7QV067s
    Had the k100rs and that was nice, reliable too and nippy! Best headlight on any bike I've owned.

You scared the crap out of me with that. I really fancy one for a nice day / chill out drive. I had a k1200 rs but it was stolen and burnt out.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1z5HBmvey8BDuFOIw5pSmByW3LKSji7LS

This is the one I am/was thinking about.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1999-BMW-K1200LT-K1200-LT-RED-TOURING-BIKE-NATIONWIDE-DELIVERY-AVAILABLE-/113828731223?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=Qy6WoiwoWvKFynCX35xdGT%252FkzdQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

They can drop it to Holyhead for a pound a mile and Carole Nashe quoted me 350 fire and theft.

MMMMMMM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Did you win it..??
    So if they get it to Holyhead..what then.?/ you go over and collect, possibly have to push it onto the ferry...:confused:

Get it brought back for you...;)

Did you win it..??
    So if they get it to Holyhead..what then.?/ you go over and collect, possibly have to push it onto the ferry...:confused:

Get it brought back for you...;)
    Been talking to the seller. It didnt sell. Buyer claimed he didnt mean to bid :rolleyes:

If he drops it to HH or Liverpool, I would bring a gel battery with me, or maybe bring a jump pack.

I have kinda held off as that youtube video previously posted scared the crap out of me.

I like the first one, but a bit pricey for me. Just dont like the second one. Old style

Watched that video...some fat yank moaning about not having a CB ariel...bigger luggage....big woop d doo....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I like the first one, but a bit pricey for me. Just dont like the second one. Old style

The price seems to be reduced and I reckon by the time you hAve the UK one home and up and running there won't be much in the difference price wise.

I wouldn't touch the UK one with a barge pole.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

...some fat yank

He's not fat anymore. :P

(TBF, I'd be angry and ranty too if I had the misfortune of having to spanner one.)

macplaxton wrote: »
    He's not fat anymore. :P

(TBF, I'd be angry and ranty too if I had the misfortune of having to spanner one.)

Its about the $$$$...he said he stopped doing them but started again when he got "help".....

He should stick with the Harleys....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭H_Lime

You scared the crap out of me with that. I really fancy one for a nice day / chill out drive. I had a k1200 rs but it was stolen and burnt out.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1z5HBmvey8BDuFOIw5pSmByW3LKSji7LS

This is the one I am/was thinking about.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1999-BMW-K1200LT-K1200-LT-RED-TOURING-BIKE-NATIONWIDE-DELIVERY-AVAILABLE-/113828731223?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=Qy6WoiwoWvKFynCX35xdGT%252FkzdQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

They can drop it to Holyhead for a pound a mile and Carole Nashe quoted me 350 fire and theft.

MMMMMMM

I understand where you're comingfrom it's tempting to nab a doerupper alright but they aren't a high point in bmw design and execution imo, and be prepared to cut the bike in half for main seal/clutch woes etc if she's going cheap.
    Perhaps widen the net bike choice wise but if not have a chat with the likes of platinum motorcycle re potential costs on dissection.

Open to correction on this but i have it that you will not be allowed push a bike onto a UK/Ireland ferry. Besides you will not be able to make it up the ramp with that land yacht;)

H_Lime wrote: »
    I understand where you're comingfrom it's tempting to nab a doerupper alright but they aren't a high point in bmw design and execution imo, and be prepared to cut the bike in half for main seal/clutch woes etc if she's going cheap.
    Perhaps widen the net bike choice wise but if not have a chat with the likes of platinum motorcycle re potential costs on dissection.

Open to correction on this but i have it that you will not be allowed push a bike onto a UK/Ireland ferry. Besides you will not be able to make it up the ramp with that land yacht;)

I think we all know what Mark will say......:D

I'm sure they have a large fork truck down in the docks......:p

Advertisement