Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

• 31-07-2019 8:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Our year.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Future charity shield champions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

A pathway to 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

rob316 wrote: »
    Future charity shield champions

A trophy is a trophy :pac:
    So any word on a marquee signing yet?

Fekir? Ceballos? Asensio? Pepe?

Seriously tho! Our year :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

We bought anyone won anything yet?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It's ages since I was around for the first page and wouldn't you know it I have nothing to say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

6th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We bought anyone won anything yet?

Yes we have.

1 down 7 to go :)

62fa585f-c334-4d21-a8b7-8036eca291e9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Not sure if this will be taken down later or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

dmigsy wrote:
    Looks confident, doesn't he? Sterling was similar when he first stepped into the first team. Having the balls to just go and play without showing nerves is a hugely important attribute for a young player

Believe I remember Sterling crunching into some lad twice his side on his preseason debut. Class to see young lads fearless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Much better performance today. Hoping for a knock out come Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Obligatory first page 6 times reminder:

602x338_cmsv2_e6b5db3b-2e1a-515f-9976-da7bf97eb80e-3929166.jpg

Let nobody ever forget it. :)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

#unbearables

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

5starpool wrote: »
    #unbearables

We truly are the absolute worst in the world....

Bobby's back tattoo also with the CL and Copa America, he's just as unbearable as we are...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Just catching up with the highlights there, what the hell was Mignolet doing for their goal? Liability, sooner Alisson is back in the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Just catching up with the highlights there, what the hell was Mignolet doing for their goal? Liability, sooner Alisson is back in the better.

Stop it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Great goal from Wilson this evening...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

martyos121 wrote: »
    Obligatory first page 6 times reminder:

Let nobody ever forget it. :)

I was so pissed before it the only things I can remember :

Robbos shot
    The 2 goals
    Falling over numerous times

Was the rest of the game really as bad as what people are saying ?

The things that you complain about others doing isn't any better when you do it. Same goes the other way around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Ebbsy, Yes :D

https://images.app.goo.gl/gQoubZpk8nq54yvP9

How far we have come brings a tear to my eye...

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/outofcontextIfc/status/1156679406045278208?s=20

How far we have come brings a tear to my eye...

Deleted already?

Deleted already?

Ah ****, was a stat of 888 mins played with Balotelli, Lambert and 45 touches in the box...

Can't believe it was deleted that quickly...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Eddie Howe looking to throw money at us for Wilson.

Howe throws money at Liverpool like Liverpool throw money at Southampton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Elliott 16
    Hoever 17
    van den Berg 17
    Larouci 18
    Duncan 18
    Brewster 19

Time will ultimately tell but that looks like potentially best group of teens at Liverpool in a while

If Wilson is sold surely a player will be brought in to replace him.

The things that you complain about others doing isn't any better when you do it. Same goes the other way around.

No idea what you're talking about tbh, I was joking about the fact Mignolet was getting slaughtered in here for mistakes in pre season, I haven't seen any of them but I doubt it was as bad as that today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Elliott 16
    Hoever 17
    van den Berg 17
    Larouci 18
    Duncan 18
    Brewster 19

Time will ultimately tell but that looks like potentially best group of teens at Liverpool in a while

Yup, could add in Curtis Jones (18), Adam Lewis (19), and Paul Glatzel (18) as well. Tonnes of them!

Hoever, Elliott, and Brewster look the real standouts so far - as in, could handle competitive first team minutes and not look out of place.Can't get over how good Elliott looked today... a friendly, obviously, but was a lot more involved in high intensity moves than we've seen from lads like Wilson, Kent, Jones etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

He could be a star, I'd give him a season. Could be at Liverpool for life if he puts in a good season with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Hoever, Elliott had really good games today, i would keep Wilson at least until January, could push on to the next level and his value wont drop between now and the new year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

No idea what you're talking about tbh, I was joking about the fact Mignolet was getting slaughtered in here for mistakes in pre season, I haven't seen any of them but I doubt it was as bad as that today.

New thread but the same old tit for tat shyte. If people would stop biting to such remarks it would cut out the majority of such wind up comments.

Without doubt a horrendous mistake by Becker but to bring Mignolet into it is just pointless as Becker is a hell of a lot better keeper to Mignolet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

#unbearables

Let's just leave that thanks number as it is ok guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Yeaaaa

I was fully sure Wilson would be sold this window but that goal is hard to ignore. Might sound silly but I actually think it might end up being a sliding doors moment. That doesn't go in and nobody's mentioning him. It goes in and everybody's now asking about him and it must be in the back of the mind to maybe keep him as an option.

I don't think he's good enough personally. But if he plays a role like Origi last year and scores a goal somewhere that makes him a cult hero it would just lift everyone.

Still think he'll be sold, but I think for the first time that there's a chance he'll stay.

Absolute ideal: we swap him for Ryan Fraser (likely having to through in some cash)

8-10 wrote: »
    I was fully sure Wilson would be sold this window but that goal is hard to ignore. Might sound silly but I actually think it might end up being a sliding doors moment. That doesn't go in and nobody's mentioning him. It goes in and everybody's now asking about him and it must be in the back of the mind to maybe keep him as an option.

I don't think he's good enough personally. But if he plays a role like Origi last year and scores a goal somewhere that makes him a cult hero it would just lift everyone.

Still think he'll be sold, but I think for the first time that there's a chance he'll stay.

Absolute ideal: we swap him for Ryan Fraser (likely having to through in some cash)

I reckon Klopp isn't bothered if he stay or goes, they are asking a large fee £25m, if someone pays it great if not he's an option plays a part and could go for more in the next window. Don't think his future is at the club unless he can make huge strides.

Actually think that goal probably sealed his fate, he's in the shop window that was a perfect bump to see him sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I think Wilson is the ideal impact sub or reserve option. He can play off either wing, good on set pieces, can create something from nothing. That's what you need off the bench, not just a like for like player.

• Advertisement

Dickerty wrote: »
    I think Wilson is the ideal impact sub or reserve option. He can play off either wing, good on set pieces, can create something from nothing. That's what you need off the bench, not just a like for like player.

Shaqiri should still be ahead of him for that though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

That was a much more like it from Liverpool, Salah doesn't look like he missed a beat either. Firmino looked a bit overweight but still clinical, Elliot looks a baller, very very impressed. Fabinho finally dominated a midfield.

Hoover will be in the first team this season I feel, our Full back cover for the season. Van De Bergs recovery run to stop Lyon scoring was very very impressive and the commentators just called it a bad miss, it wasnt, he was absolutely lightning fast to put the Lyon striker off.

Wilsons goal was stunning, but apart from that he did basically nothing. Ox looked better this match too thankfully.

Stand out players of pre season are Hoover, Brewster and Elliot even though he only played a few minutes, he looked great

Dickerty wrote: »

I think we all know what he can do, Klopp included but if they can get £25m for him, they'll use that to buy someone better before the window closes I reckon.

Look at the players Klopp likes, he doesn't fit the mould unfortunately. He's got a good shot and eye for goal but his general play hasn't been impressive from what I've seen in pre-season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Alisson won us the CL & is the best GK in the world.

Mignolet is a average keeper with a great attitude but should have been sold years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

This should be top of every page :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

+1

Everyone quote this pic, lets get a full page

NOICE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

I don't see it with Wilson if I'm honest. Yeah he has a worldly in him from time to time but how many more will he blam into the stands while he looks for it. Coutinho got loads of crap for that but at least he could unlock a defence too, dont see that with Wilson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Shaqiri is a much better player & only cost 13m.

Wilson will be sold if a good bid comes in. Nice left foot but Harvey Elliott is 6 years younger & looks more dynamic than Wilson. Does everything quicker in his little cameo's.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Shaqiri is a much better player & only cost 13m.

Wilson will be sold if a good bid comes in. Nice left foot but Harvey Elliott is 6 years younger & looks more dynamic than Wilson. Does everything quicker in his little cameo's.

I think pace is the problem. In a friendly or the Championship, you get time to get those shots away. Not in the PL/CL. So that's where Wilson's limitations show up, he's short on true pace, as is Kent. You can only drop the shoulder so often...

https://images.app.goo.gl/gQoubZpk8nq54yvP9

This was the stat I posted from page 2, found it...

Would love for the British players to be given a shot, selling Wilson is silly. We're acting like we need the money, if he is sold I'm sure it will be full of clauses that benefit us, if he goes on to rule the world.

Note to self, don't bother joking anymore, everyone seems to have taken my post very seriously. It was a pisstake that Allisson made a Mignolet type howler...some of the replies are ridiculous tbh.

The Reds’ trip to Old Trafford to face Manchester United will now kick off at 5.30pm BST on Saturday October 19, with Sky Sports to show the game live.

United under the lights, that's better than 10am on a sunday morning.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement