Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

rumored to be signing cakir a couple of days ago, maybe a deal is done as mignolet has been sold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Mig sale is a show that the club will treat people like humans and not stockpile players for the sake of it.

If it makes any difference to attracting players I'm all for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

So happy Mignolet is going, an absolutely useless goalkeeper.

Seems like a nice chap but was just another hangover from Rodgers era. Wish him well at another club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Hope we play Brugge in CL.

Happy for Mig. Decent enough level to see out his career. Can get a league winners medal out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Looks like Adrian will be his replacement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Decent keeper. I remember him being a bit of a hot head but he's not going to play much anyway. Glad it's someone experienced who knows the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Yep, Adrian - Fair play someone on here called it yesterday

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1158286282323353600?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

martyos121 wrote: »
    Salah looks great today, all he’s missing is the finish.

Looked sharp alright but was very greedy.... side pass a couple of times and i think would have scored more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

x43r0 wrote: »
    Yep, Adrian - Fair play someone on here called it yesterday

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1158286282323353600?s=21

Quite like Adrian from what I remember of him. Being Spanish I would venture to say that he might be better with his feet than Migs? This is the one area where we really would have been left short with Allison being injured, you suddenly have to change your whole style. Migs was not comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Migs made some good saves, good shot stopper and in 1 on 1 situations to be fair to him.

If it's Migs out Adrian in for around the same price I'm happy enough with that - Adrian might suit us a bit better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Current injury aside how has Caoimhin Kelleher been getting along? Is he training with the full squad in Melwood or still over in Kirby?

Morzadec wrote: »
    Quite like Adrian from what I remember of him. Being Spanish I would venture to say that he might be better with his feet than Migs? This is the one area where we really would have been left short with Allison being injured, you suddenly have to change your whole style. Migs was not comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Migs made some good saves, good shot stopper and in 1 on 1 situations to be fair to him.

If it's Migs out Adrian in for around the same price I'm happy enough with that - Adrian might suit us a bit better.

I thought adrian is a free agent

https://twitter.com/England/status/1158090523187515392?s=20

Raheem giving his shirt away to the Liverpool fans and chatting away to them, obviously I didn't like how his agent engineered his move away from us, all that aside he seems to be a nice fella...

Adrian was on about 50k a week at west ham, mignolet was on about 60k a week. I think adrian is probably going to be on around 60k a week including sign on fee.Very good business again gaining the 6.5 to 8m fee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Every time Keita gets in box to shoot he either takes forever and never gets the shot away, or places it perfectly for the keeper to save, the perfect pace, the perfect height.
    Needs to work on that, saw it again yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Fieldog wrote: »

Raheem giving his shirt away to the Liverpool fans and chatting away to them, obviously I didn't like how his agent engineered his move away from us, all that aside he seems to be a nice fella...

Given the state of the club at the time and his ambition, I can understand to be honest. Plus he gave plenty of notice.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Seems it's a watered down version of VAR that will be used this season. Lines person will still flag an offside and stop play even if a player is on side and clear in on goal. Goal keepers can still leave their line during a penalty, won't be enforced that they keep a foot on line, unless it's completely obvious to the ref, VAR will not get involved.

Goals -
    whether they should stand or not based on potential violations (fouls, offside, etc) in the build-up.

Penalties - whether the referee has made the correct decision in either awarding one or not.

Straight red cards - did an incident on the pitch receive the correct punishment from the referee?

Mistaken identity - when a referee awards a yellow or red card to the wrong player following an on-field incident.

They are relying on lines person not to flag close offsides, to let it go, but we all know they can't help themselves, Salah beats the offside, clear in, and here comes a flag. Replay shows it was good. That can't be right, a potential goal flagged offside, and no way to correct it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

For offsides, the Premier League is advising assistant referees to flag for clear incidents, but to keep their flag down for tight calls, knowing these will be corrected by VAR should it be required. This should theoretically cut down on attacking sides being wrongly denied a goalscoring opportunity.

In short, the addition of VAR does not alter one of football's golden rules: play to the whistle.

How will the viewing experience change?
    All 20 Premier League grounds have the technology that allows decisions to be assessed from the VAR hub in Stockley Park, west London.

This will lead to changes in the viewing experience for fans:

Television - Viewers will be able to see what the video assistant referees watches, including an 'over the shoulder' angle of the officials in the studio. The VAR team will be announced in advance, as per the on-field refereeing group. Broadcasters will be keen matches do not extend too much more than the regular 90 minutes plus added time.

Stadium - Information about a VAR check will appear on the big screens at the 18 grounds equipped with them. e.g. 'Checking red card'. When a decision is overturned, a video replay of the incident will be shown when appropriate - the Premier League will be the first competition to do this. At the two grounds which do not have screens - Anfield (Liverpool) and Old Trafford (Manchester United), announcements will be made via the scoreboard and PA.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48953873

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

be interesting how much Wikson & Kent go for in the next few days if both are sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Given the state of the club at the time and his ambition, I can understand to be honest. Plus he gave plenty of notice.

His agent's behaviour is probably half the reason why he gets booed as much as he has at Anfield.

Adrian is a weird one as he's not trained all summer but it reminds me that a lot of free agents like Cahill, Sturridge, Llorente & Welbeck are still not signed 4 days before the league starts. All 4 of them were in the squads of European final teams last season.

MD1990 wrote: »
    be interesting how much Wilson & Kent go for in the next few days if both are sold.

Kent might go but I think Wilson stays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

Adrian was on about 50k a week at west ham, mignolet was on about 60k a week. I think adrian is probably going to be on around 60k a week including sign on fee.Very good business again gaining the 6.5 to 8m fee

Simon was on 120k per week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

ERG89 wrote: »
    His agent's behaviour is probably half the reason why he gets booed as much as he has at Anfield.

Adrian is a weird one as he's not trained all summer but it reminds me that a lot of free agents like Cahill, Sturridge, Llorente & Welbeck are still not signed 4 days before the league starts. All 4 of them were in the squads of European final teams last season.

Kent might go but I think Wilson stays.
    I doubt it.

He is 22 & would be lucky to play any games this season.

So many players ahead of him to play in the front 3. Origi,Brewter,Shaqiri Gini,Keita & Ox could play in the front 3 ahead of Wilson.

Actually think Keita might be an option to replace Mane on the left for the first few games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Think he was on about 35k a week with us.

Bit of a hot head over the years but a fan favourite and always gave 100%, upgrade on Mignolet for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Was waiting for that!

This lad looks mental, check this out :

https://twitter.com/TheRedmenTV/status/1158371512761630720?s=20

• Advertisement

Was waiting for that!

This lad looks mental, check this out :

https://twitter.com/TheRedmenTV/status/1158371512761630720?s=20

That was in the Champions League Final .

That was in the Champions League Final .

Can't be any worse than Karius I suppose... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Mignolet was better than Karius I thought anyway, after that you'd be struggling to name another keeper he was better than, probably Westerveld.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

he really does always had time for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Yeah I'm over it, I still dislike Aidy Ward and I still can't bear the thought of Sterling scoring against us but by all accounts he's a good lad and he's brilliantly dealt with more media abuse than even Balotelli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Morzadec wrote: »

I'm delighted with the signing of Adrian.

Around 4 years ago I did a series of posts on the goalkeeper situation at Liverpool - at the time Mignolet was an average Premier League keeper in terms of his stats and Adrian was one of the best.

As you say he also comes with the ability to play with the ball at his feet, which is a massive bonus for us.

• Advertisement

I wonder will Kent & Wilson be sold in the next few days?

I'd expect a few bids for Wilson anyway close to the £25m the club is looking for.

Kent will go if a decent offer comes in for him I'd imagine.

Ejaria is still there as well so I say they will be sold if an offer comes in as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Aren’t Leeds interested in Kent if they can shift one of their players?

I think them or a team likely to get promoted in the next few years are what his options will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Gini's 2nd against Barca without commentary.

Reddit thread with the video : https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/cmacmo/ginis_2nd_goal_without_commentary_incredible/

The atmosphere was class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Aren’t Leeds interested in Kent if they can shift one of their players?

I think them or a team likely to get promoted in the next few years are what his options will be.

Rangers wanted Kent but they don't want to pay the fee Liverpool have set

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

And Pearce is doing a Q&A with the Athletic were he has said:

- Reina wanted to come back to the club but Liverpool preferred Adrian

- Liverpool haven't completely ruled out signing someone before Thursday. Klopp said in preseason he was looking at one particular position.

Don't know if Pearce means LB or the attacking spots tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Any reason Brewster didn't make the bench yesterday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Laughing at that video of Mane arriving into Melwood today.

"Robbo, you play very bad yesterday without me".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Knex. wrote: »
    And Pearce is doing a Q&A with the Athletic were he has said:

- Reina wanted to come back to the club but Liverpool preferred Adrian

- Liverpool haven't completely ruled out signing someone before Thursday. Klopp said in preseason he was looking at one particular position.

Don't know if Pearce means LB or the attacking spots tbh.

Four days isn’t much to get the Mbappé deal done. Must be a young left back we’re after so.

Sessegnon really is the player that would suit all down the left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Is that atlethic worth signing up to? 2.50 a month is the opening offer.

https://twitter.com/footballdaily/status/1158346919199985664?s=20

Sadio winding Gini up about missing the penalty...

I love the laugh between these lads

Mane after his summer is glad someone else missed a pen.

Grabara starts for Huddersfield tonight against Derby whose new manager might be Wayne Rooney if reports are true.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Just had the final bit of work done on the new Irishkop banner, be on display on Friday night. Have to say it looks class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

rob316 wrote: »
    Is that atlethic worth signing up to? 2.50 a month is the opening offer.

Signed up for the 30 day free trial but even the offer for the first year seems very good. Nice clean site design with no ads. You get access to the US content too if you're into NBA or NFL.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement