Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Apparently NB have a clause in their current contract that gives them the right to match any competing bids, so that'll put a nice bit of pressure on Nike to bid high - either way, we win...

And if NB get it, we win even more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Grayditch wrote: »
    And if NB get it, we win even more.

Unless Nike buy us an Mbappé to sweeten the deal. Always wanted one of those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,199 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

martyos121 wrote: »
    Unless Nike buy us an Mbappo sweeten the deal. Always wanted one of those.

Careful, or we'll end up with Chuck Mbappé, Kylian's alcoholic uncle who gets a bit handsy after a few jars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Careful, or we'll end up with Chuck Mbappé, Kylian's alcoholic uncle who gets a bit handsy after a few jars.

He's "handy around the house" as they'd say in hushed tones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

We have never been sponsored by Nike as far as I know. It will be interesting to see their kit designs.

A likeable team with superstars from around the world and a loveable manager (Klopp loves a trackie and baseball cap), it's a no brainer for nike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Damien360

ricero wrote: »
    We have never been sponsored by Nike as far as I know. It will be interesting to see their kit designs.

A likeable team with superstars from around the world and a loveable manager (Klopp loves a trackie and baseball cap), it's a no brainer for nike.

Man Utd fans may have to confirm but I thought Nike were blamed for the constant kit design changes every single year. Both home and away changed at same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Damien360 wrote: »
    Man Utd fans may have to confirm but I thought Nike were blamed for the constant kit design changes every single year. Both home and away changed at same time.

Every club changes all their kits every year. Have done for a good few years now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Every club changes all their kits every year. Have done for a good few years now.

Was it not every two years around 2000? I vaguely remember at least the away kit being every two years

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Was it not every two years around 2000? I vaguely remember at least the away kit being every two years

That's nearly 20 years ago now at this stage. Trent wasn't even born then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭.G.

Used to be that the home kit would be for two seasons and the away changed every year. Our final Adidas kit was the last in the line of two year home kits, 2010-2012, since Warrior its been a new one every year. Further fleecing came about with the advent of third kits every season too where before they were a rarity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

TitianGerm wrote: »
    That's nearly 20 years ago now at this stage. Trent wasn't even born then.

"20 years ago" how time flies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

What year was the mandatory buying of every kit each season introduced?

A good site for kit lookups http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Liverpool/Liverpool.htm

Seems in the 80s it was anew one every year too, we changed to the two year model in the early 90s and pretty much stuck with it till 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭robwen

Michael Owen on the late late tomor night

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

robwen wrote: »

Could be wrong but Tubridy strikes me as someone who doesn't watch sports never mind football. When Michael Owen mentions Newcastle, Alan Shearer he will be lost. He'll probably ask him what it's like to be a legend for both Liverpool & Man United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

That's a car crash waiting to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭robwen

David Meyler on OTB..

"I'll tell you a good story. I went to the Champions League final in Madrid," he began.

"Jordan Henderson would be a good friend of mine and people know I played with Andy Robertson.

"So I went with Jordan's family but I met King Kenny after. And he was like, 'How are you?'

"Kenny was actually going to sign me when he signed Jordan for Liverpool. But I'd done my cruciate. He talks about it in his book."

Given that Meyler was a Liverpool fan since childhood, it's a bittersweet memory.

"[Dalglish] said, 'What could have been,'" he continued.

"I said to him, 'Let's not get it started now'. But look, how many people watching this could say, 'Aw!'"

He also shared a story of what he did in his first match against Liverpool.

"I remember when we first played Liverpool at Anfield," said Meyler.

"Jordan's playing for Liverpool and we're waiting to kick off. They play 'You'll Never Walk Alone' and I'm singing it.

"Stevie [Gerrard] nudged him and said, 'What's your mate doing?'"

Henderson had to inform a puzzled Gerrard that Meyler was in fact as big a boyhood Liverpool fan as you'd meet.

https://www.offtheball.com/sport/liverpool-meyler-dalglish-903485

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

David Meyler on OTB..

"I'll tell you a good story. I went to the Champions League final in Madrid," he began.

"Jordan Henderson would be a good friend of mine and people know I played with Andy Robertson.

"So I went with Jordan's family but I met King Kenny after. And he was like, 'How are you?'

"Kenny was actually going to sign me when he signed Jordan for Liverpool. But I'd done my cruciate. He talks about it in his book."

Given that Meyler was a Liverpool fan since childhood, it's a bittersweet memory.

"[Dalglish] said, 'What could have been,'" he continued.

"I said to him, 'Let's not get it started now'. But look, how many people watching this could say, 'Aw!'"

He also shared a story of what he did in his first match against Liverpool.

"I remember when we first played Liverpool at Anfield," said Meyler.

"Jordan's playing for Liverpool and we're waiting to kick off. They play 'You'll Never Walk Alone' and I'm singing it.

"Stevie [Gerrard] nudged him and said, 'What's your mate doing?'"

Henderson had to inform a puzzled Gerrard that Meyler was in fact as big a boyhood Liverpool fan as you'd meet.

https://www.offtheball.com/sport/liverpool-meyler-dalglish-903485

Thank Christ he never did sign for us, I know Meyler from home he's a fool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well thanks for that insight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,199 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

rob316 wrote: »

You'd almost think it was just Kenny placating him (well, aside from the book part), except that around that 2 or 3 year period the calibre of midfielder we were bringing in was Charlie Adam and Christian Poulsen.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

rob316 wrote: »

Himself and Enrique would've had a blast on the PlayStation.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    You'd almost think it was just Kenny placating him (well, aside from the book part), except that around that 2 or 3 year period the calibre of midfielder we were bringing in was Charlie Adam and Christian Poulsen.

Ah Charlie Adam those corners were worth 10m alone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Strangely enough, there’s an excellent article in The Athletic about footballers and grief. Both Charlie Adam, whose Father committed suicide, and Meyler, whose Wife suffered three miscarriages in a short period of time, are interviewed in the article. It’s an excellent piece, if you’ve subscribed I’d recommend it...

Meyler is fond of the gambling I believe, overly fond is the rumour.

Klopp saying Ali won't be back till after the next International break.

Keita should be back to full training by the end of next week.

Clyne and Glatzel are still long term but doing well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

Augeo wrote: »
    Meyler is fond of the gambling I believe, overly fond is the rumour.

So you are stating to poor lad has an addiction then or just continuing rumors for the sake of it?

• Advertisement

So you are stating to poor lad has an addiction then or just continuing rumors for the sake of it?

Gossip & rumours :)

Predictably Klopp wins PL Manger of the Month. 1 down 8 to go.

Laporte out until January according to the lads in the FF thread.

Hopefully a few points dropped for them between now and then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Anyone else feel that we're getting trickle-truthed on how bad this injury was? It's gone from "a few weeks" to the end of October. He's going to miss a lot of league games and probably the first 3 CL games.

martyos121 wrote: »
    And Arda Turan as well. It’s finally happening!

He just has to serve a 12 year sentence first.

Two years and eight month suspended sentence and a £350k fine for firing a gun in a hospital at the girl with the intention to cause harm with an illegal firearm.

Great to be friends with a president.

Probably what he would have gotten here as well with the state of our judiciary except it would have been a €50 fine to the poor box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Umaro wrote: »

Anyone else feel that we're getting trickle-truthed on how bad this injury was? It's gone from "a few weeks" to the end of October. He's going to miss a lot of league games and probably the first 3 CL games.

I was always thinking that it'd be after the October international break. How great that THIS is the one hunch that looks accurate...

Klopp was very vague at the start around the nature of the injury other than to say it was bad. The last thing I remember him saying before this week was that Alisson was back on the pitch but he hadn't started jumping yet. Which, I believe, is pretty important for him...

It's frustrating. I guess there's no discernable benefit of putting a specific time frame on it but I don't see the reason to stay so vague on it either.

Hopefully he'll be back just after the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Alonso77

First game after next int break is Utd. Tough game to come back into after a layoff.

I think it was always going to be about 8 weeks for a popped calf muscle so no real surprise at the timeline to return after the next international break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

stop putting the fear and anxiety we all feel into words

• Advertisement

Alonso77 wrote: »
    First game after next int break is Utd. Tough game to come back into after a layoff.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Anyone like to join me in a decade of the rosary for Newcastle ?

Even god can't help them.

ebbsy wrote: »

Tough game to go into after the international break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,574 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

ebbsy wrote: »

Tell that to SPurs.

They're a mystery team right now under Bruce. So unpredictable.

And 10 male hairies as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

Liverpool will win every game this season. Ez.

• Advertisement

Liverpool will win every game this season. Ez.

Now yer sucking diesel.

I'd go with this team tomorrow.

Adrian

TAA
    Matip
    VVD
    Robbo

Milner
    Fab

Salah
    Shaq
    Mane

Origi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The initial assessment of Alisson was "4-8 weeks," just looks like it's gonna be all 8, as it usually is when they announce things like that.

If Mig was the backup I'd be wanting Ali back as quick as possible, on one leg even. I'm fairly relaxed with Adrian so far so no need to rush it and maybe force him out even longer. Happy to wait til he's properly right.

Gomez will get a game I reckon.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement