Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,948 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Sessegnon really is the player that would suit all down the left.

Would you believe I had actually totally ruled out Sess as I thought Spurs had it wrapped up a month ago!

Hard to believe they are still dragging their feet on that one if they are in the driving seat.

Sess would be decent cover all over our left flank.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

On the banner, if anybody is at the match and get a good pic of it or spots it online could you post it here. I will be over at the game, actually doing an interview about the banner and the new season with LFC TV on Friday looking forward to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Grabara starts for Huddersfield tonight against Derby whose new manager might be Wayne Rooney if reports are true.

Not off to a great start, two down after half an hour. Not watching the goals so can't comment on em

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Knex. wrote: »
    - Liverpool haven't completely ruled out signing someone before Thursday. Klopp said in preseason he was looking at one particular position.

Don't know if Pearce means LB or the attacking spots tbh.

Probably means Sturridge will come back.
    I'm joking but I dont see us spending a penny before the deadline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

___________AliBeck_____

TrentyWenty_Tip__VickyVanDicky_RoboKop

__________Fabulousino______________

____JoDan___________Genie__________

Lil Mo______Nolook Kio_______Sad Man

Kill em that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭The Rooster

NukaCola wrote: »
    Any reason Brewster didn't make the bench yesterday?
    Because unlimited subs aren’t allowed and he’s not rated as highly as Shaq, Keita, Lallana and Ox.

When Mane comes back, Brewster will fall further down the list. Can’t see him getting any game time until league cup. TBH, the adulation he’s got for a few nice tap-ins has been slightly ott. Nice prospect, but Klopp clearly not convinced yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Signed up for the 30 day free trial but even the offer for the first year seems very good. Nice clean site design with no ads. You get access to the US content too if you're into NBA or NFL.

Just read a few articles on it there on football and MMA, think I'll sign up. Nice insight into the Maguire transfer and good interview with Werner.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Brewster is probably behind Origi, Chamberlain, Shaqiri and maybe even Wijnaldum to fill in a spot in the front 3, possibly Lallana too but he might be seen more midfield only now. He'll probably make the bench a bit, especially if any of the above are injured. If he does make the bench he'll probably get some minutes in games we're comfortable in coming near the end. He'll need patience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Dub13 wrote: »
    Just had the final bit of work done on the new Irishkop banner, be on display on Friday night. Have to say it looks class.

Nice one! I'll be there to see it.....Any idea if old big ears will be paraded before the game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

___________AliBeck_____

Kill em that way.

I know I'm not down with the kids but mother of Jesus, what is that mess of words?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That gimmick got tired 3 seasons ago.

Maybe it's time to go back to the haikus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

rob316 wrote: »
    Is that atlethic worth signing up to? 2.50 a month is the opening offer.
    Where did you see that? I was considering signing up for £3.99 a month which is around €52 for the year - could be even less tomorrow with the way Sterling is taking a nose dive at the moment.

Talisman wrote: »
    Where did you see that? I was considering signing up for £3.99 a month which is around €52 for the year - could be even less tomorrow with the way Sterling is taking a nose dive at the moment.

Pearce linked 50% off on his twitter.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Talisman wrote: »
    https://theathletic.co.uk/checkout/?plan_id=45&pc=ukfootball&source=promo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Dub13 wrote: »
    Just had the final bit of work done on the new Irishkop banner, be on display on Friday night. Have to say it looks class.

Cant wait to see it on display just a shame I am not over for this game. Falls on time I start house move so Hill 16 will have to do Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

___________AliBeck_____

Kill em that way.

Some of the lads in the feedback thread would have you site-banned for that. And probably deported too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Owl. wrote: »
    Some of the lads in the feedback thread would have you site-banned for that. And probably deported too.

And that’s being conservative Owl.

Speaking of which, that feedback thread has been completely ignored and swept under the rug once again this year. Quelle surprise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Owl. wrote: »

In order to deport Toby you would first need to know where he came from, I'm not sure anyone has figured that out yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

martyos121 wrote: »

Speaking of which, that feedback thread has been completely ignored and swept under the rug once again this year. Quelle surprise!

I think last years is being dealt with first.

martyos121 wrote: »

Hardly a surprise it was an absolute **** show start to finish. Embarrassing actually

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Nice one! I'll be there to see it.....Any idea if old big ears will be paraded before the game?

Not sure actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Because unlimited subs aren’t allowed and he’s not rated as highly as Shaq, Keita, Lallana and Ox.

When Mane comes back, Brewster will fall further down the list. Can’t see him getting any game time until league cup. TBH, the adulation he’s got for a few nice tap-ins has been slightly ott. Nice prospect, but Klopp clearly not convinced yet.
    5starpool wrote: »
    Brewster is probably behind Origi, Chamberlain, Shaqiri and maybe even Wijnaldum to fill in a spot in the front 3, possibly Lallana too but he might be seen more midfield only now. He'll probably make the bench a bit, especially if any of the above are injured. If he does make the bench he'll probably get some minutes in games we're comfortable in coming near the end. He'll need patience.

Thought he might have an injury. Surprised if either Klopp not convinced yet or he's way down the pecking tbh. Not sure why he'd have signed a contract with us if either were the case. He's not made any secret of wanting first team football. I presume he's bought into any plan Klopp has, and probably mean his game time will be limited or hand picked per opposition which is sensible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hardly a surprise it was an absolute **** show start to finish. Embarrassing actually

Yeah there was a lot of crap to wade through and plenty of good suggestions were probably missed as a result. I’ll say no more about it, it won’t change anything.

1_Liverpool-Unveil-New-Signing-Adrian.jpg

Basically getting paid to watch Liverpool week in week out.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7324591/Transfer-news-Bournemouth-close-loan-deal-Liverpool-winger-Harry-Wilson.html

Wilson to Bournemouth on a possible loan, can't see it. SHould keep him. We're acting like a club that needs money.

Let's keep him and he can keep Adrian company at getting paid to watch Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Let's keep him and he can keep Adrian company at getting paid to watch Liverpool.

Tupay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭This is it

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7324591/Transfer-news-Bournemouth-close-loan-deal-Liverpool-winger-Harry-Wilson.html

Wilson to Bournemouth on a possible loan, can't see it. SHould keep him. We're acting like a club that needs money.

Wilson's stock is high after last season and a half decent preseason. If he's not in Klopps plans, make as much as you can from him now. He'll probably want game time himself anyway. If he's only going to get a couple of league cup appearances he's better of going.

This is it wrote: »
    Wilson's stock is high after last season and a half decent preseason. If he's not in Klopps plans, make as much as you can from him now. He'll probably want game time himself anyway. If he's only going to get a couple of league cup appearances he's better of going.

Then it's sad we're not giving young players a chance.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

NukaCola wrote: »
    Thought he might have an injury. Surprised if either Klopp not convinced yet or he's way down the pecking tbh. Not sure why he'd have signed a contract with us if either were the case. He's not made any secret of wanting first team football. I presume he's bought into any plan Klopp has, and probably mean his game time will be limited or hand picked per opposition which is sensible.

If he's good enough he'll force his way in. He'll get some chances at some point, hopefully more than the usual first game loss in the league cup.

• Advertisement

Just don't think Klopp rates him and I can see why, he just lacks that dynamic play on and off ball Klopp expects. He had a good season on loan in the championship, if he can follow that up in the premier league we could get a bigger fee for him.

No point keeping him in the reserves as he won't get near the first team bench I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

1_Liverpool-Unveil-New-Signing-Adrian.jpg

Basically getting paid to watch Liverpool week in week out.

Isn't that true for all teams reserve goalkeepers?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Isn't that true for all teams reserve goalkeepers?!

yup I'd say they all try and watch Liverpool

ebbsy wrote: »
    D'ont worry about the Community Shield ,FA and League Cup. Our main players w'ont be playing in them and Liverpool will exit early in them.

And rightly so.

the problem is they're good enough to win the cups by accident

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

gimli2112 wrote: »
    the problem is they're good enough to win the cups by accident

Hopefully not.

Be nice if they lost Sane after the window closes and they are definitely weaker at CB where we are strongest. I don't rate Stones or Otamendi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Be nice if they lost Sane after the window closes and they are definitely weaker at CB where we are strongest. I don't rate Stones or Otamendi

Stones was excellent on Sunday. He's a terrific player on his day but consistency is his issue. Laporte I rate highly.

Weaker, maybe, but not weak.

8-10 wrote: »
    Stones was excellent on Sunday. He's a terrific player on his day but consistency is his issue. Laporte I rate highly.

Weaker, maybe, but not weak.

Losing Kompany from that dressing room will be a blow too, he's been a great club captain for them. Really got them over the line at the end of last season.

Losing Kompany from that dressing room will be a blow too, he's been a great club captain for them. Really got them over the line at the end of last season.

Yep. I have no idea why they didn't go all out for de Ligt to replace him. Would have made them even more ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I'm hopeful that City's main focus will be the CL this season. Even a tiny drop off in focus in the league could be the difference.

Most of City's players have won 2 titles in a row at this stage, history has shown just how difficult 3-in-a-row is.

We are probably the second-best team in world football at the present moment. I just hope we can be close enough to them to capitalise on any mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

They ain't losing Sane, the window shuts on Thursday & they're not paupers.
    Centre back is probably the only position we edge them in terms of squad depth tbh. Someone said earlier about winning cups by accident that's what I think of when I think of City winning the domestic cups last year as their squad has players who are on the bench that would walk into most teams. They dont desperately need Cancelo but they dont want to put a square peg in a round hole if they get injuries so the style remains the same. Even when they play Fernandinho at centre back it makes sense as they have so much possession he can do the role Guardiola wants back there.

ERG89 wrote: »

Window only shuts for PL teams. It's Bayern who are after Sane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Think a fairly reliable source said last night Sane to Bayern was done for 105m or something similar.

I'm hoping that's true. He has changed games on his own for them and will certainly be a loss over a full season.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Centre back is probably the only position we edge them in terms of squad depth tbh. Someone said earlier about winning cups by accident that's what I think of when I think of City winning the domestic cups last year as their squad has players who are on the bench that would walk into most teams. They dont desperately need Cancelo but they dont want to put a square peg in a round hole if they get injuries so the style remains the same. Even when they play Fernandinho at centre back it makes sense as they have so much possession he can do the role Guardiola wants back there.

They also got absolutely ridiculously easy draws last season in the cups. You can only beat what's in front of you but they got alot of rubbish, especially in the FA Cup.

Yep. I have no idea why they didn't go all out for de Ligt to replace him. Would have made them even more ridiculous

Couldn't afford Maguire apparently, according to Pep. UAE must have run out of oil over the weekend. They said something similar about VVD.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Couldn't afford Maguire apparently, according to Pep. UAE must have run out of oil over the weekend. They said something similar about VVD.

They've just signed Joao Cancelo from Juventus today and could easily get over 100m for Sane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

They've just signed Joao Cancelo from Juventus today and could easily get over 100m for Sane

That's three 50m RB/LBs they have now. More than Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and United have together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

TitianGerm wrote: »
    That's three 50m RB/LBs they have now. More than Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and United have together.

Well they are swapping him out for Danilo, so only an upgrade really. I wonder if they'll use Walker as a CB sometimes, or Cancelo in midfield?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Dickerty wrote: »
    Well they are swapping him out for Danilo, so only an upgrade really. I wonder if they'll use Walker as a CB sometimes, or Cancelo in midfield?

Thought they had to pay £20m and Danilo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Thought they had to pay £20m and Danilo?

Well yes, but still different from signing another one outright...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement