Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

ERG89 wrote: »
    Fernandinho is probably a better centre half than Otamendi or Stones too.
    Fernandinho's lack of height is probably their greatest concern to playing him in the position. He can read the game and organise the players around himself but he's just over 5 feet tall which puts him at a massive disadvantage in such a physical league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Surprised they're even showing it.

Norwich v Man City
    Wolves v Chelsea
    Bobby Firmino’s best bits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

3rd on MotD after Norwich & Chelsea.

I love how Liverpool winning is becoming so routine and normal that the games are sliding down the pecking order on MotD!

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

We support a special special team, lads.

Nothing reportable in this post, is there? I'm unsure what I'm allowed to say any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

Owl. wrote: »

Nothing reportable in this post, is there? I'm unsure what I'm allowed to say any more.

A very special team!

Seems if you are one or two the good old boys on here you can say anything you want and get away with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Say it in pretend pigeon English and you'll be grand.

Bobby Firmino is the best player in the league now, isn't he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bobby Firmino is the best player in the league now, isn't he?

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

So filthy from the best in the world Bobby Firmino.

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c897821d6407d649645c09bd21a9ab54386702900ed4&rid=giphy.gif

I’m surprised they’re allowed show that before the watershed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Salah never doubted him for a second, he just kept his run going, knowing he'd get the ball back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://twitter.com/ScoutedFtbl/status/1172918353603760129?s=19

Going to be interesting to see how this lad gets on against Matip and VVD.

If I found Bobby in bed with my missus I'd make him a cup of tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm sure Edwards has got a compendium file and spreadsheet of Håland ready for when Salah Mbappe is sold to Real Madrid for 400m in 2027.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

And now we'll have the league is Liverpool's to lose 'narrative' from here on and it's September.

No doubt, but stupid and pointless as it is, isn't it great to be 5 ahead rather than 5 behind?

Or 7 behind.

The Club World Cup draw is on Monday.

Michael Owen will be doing the draw.

The draw will be live on FIFA's Youtube at 1pm Irish time.

3 of the teams still won't be known till the end of November.

Bobby only got 1 bonus point on FF, FFS that assist deserved to break the bonus point system on FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

5starpool wrote: »
    No doubt, but stupid and pointless as it is, isn't it great to be 5 ahead rather than 5 behind?

QED

Origi should stay central when we rest Bobby.
    Matip has really stepped up :pac: lately.

I know they're all big games but the next two are ginormous.
    Let's keep her lit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Why are people saying Newcastle did well ?

They scored, then sat in their own box.

I think they are terrible.

ebbsy wrote: »
    Why are people saying Newcastle did well ?

They scored, then sat in their own box.

I think they are terrible.

1 shot on target. Thought they were poor enough.

• Advertisement

The Michael Owen Derby, Gary sticking it to Shearer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Michael Owen derby.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

ElTel wrote: »
    QED

Origi should stay central when we rest Bobby.
    Matip has really stepped up :pac: lately.

I know they're all big games but the next two are ginormous.
    Let's keep her lit.

It's a worry how poor we looked with Origi on the pitch, the drop off in quality from the froni 3 is ginormous, to use your word. Speaking of which you say the next 2 are ginormous? You're not including the Napoli game are you? I don't see that as a biggie at all, I think we will cruise through that group regardless of the result there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Fun body with them touches wow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Fun body with them touches wow

Wrong website mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

It's a worry how poor we looked with Origi on the pitch, the drop off in quality from the froni 3 is ginormous, to use your word. Speaking of which you say the next 2 are ginormous? You're not including the Napoli game are you? I don't see that as a biggie at all, I think we will cruise through that group regardless of the result there.

Bobby is the real problem. You can play without Sadio if Mo and Bobby are playing, you can play without Mo if Bobby and Sadio are playing, we really can't do without Bobby though, he's the most important part of our front 3 IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

I think match of the day highlighting a clearly obvious player offside and then somehow trying to make it out as being a negative thing about our defence can be defined as scraping the barell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

.G. wrote: »
    Bobby is the real problem. You can play without Sadio if Mo and Bobby are playing, you can play without Mo if Bobby and Sadio are playing, we really can't do without Bobby though, he's the most important part of our front 3 IMO.

Yup. Also see: first half v Chelsea in Istanbul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

That works out well having the Spurs game after ours, no interest in any of the other drivel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Michael Owen derby.

You could hear the barely suppressed giggles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Ardent

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Michael Owen derby.

Gary Lineker gold :D

.G. wrote: »

Unless it's against Barcelona when both Bobby and Mo aren't required!

klose wrote: »
    I think match of the day highlighting a clearly obvious player offside and then somehow trying to make it out as being a negative thing about our defence can be defined as scraping the barell.

Not just match of the day, was mentioned on BT earlier as well about how we’ve been fortunate so far this season with offside decisions. Given the fuss about zonal marking every time someone concedes from a corner I wouldn’t expect it to change any time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

6 wrote: »

That result looks better and better by the day. Genuinely a legendary night for the club. Still watch it back every couple of weeks or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Should probably just play Barca every week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

This, we beat Barc 4 zip without Bobby, have ye forgotten already. The international breaks always breaks our rhythm but the difference last year and this year it looks is that we look a little below par after the break but still win. Hopefully by the time we play Chelsea next (after a tough game in Naples) we'll be firing on all cylinders

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I'd take a draw now against Napoli.
    We don't do cruising in Europe (group stages) and Becker is a big miss.
    I'm not as knowledgeable on the European leagues as I used to be but surely Allen, Manolsa and Insigne come into their team midweek having been rested in a home win.

Hopefully Rudiger misses out next weekend.

This, we beat Barc 4 zip without Bobby, have ye forgotten already.

I’d be a big Bobby fan but the whole ‘we can’t play without him’ line is something that was said once and now gets thrown out constantly.

The team obviously lack when he’s not in the squad but they are well capable of getting a result. Origi is clearly not on the same level but at the same time he’s a much better option than what we were calling on this time last season.

Yep, I think we can cope intermittently without one or even two of the front 3. We are coping well without our keeper which I definitely wouldn't have been confident about.

VVD is probably the one player that we'd miss the most if he was out for a long time spell.

I think Fab might actually be the most missed if he was out long term.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

VVD is the difference maker no doubt. First 23 games without him season 2017-18 Liverpool conceded 28 goals. Liverpool were essentially same level as Chelsea, Spurs and Man Utd even with the front 3 and Coutinho.

Yep, I think we can cope intermittently without one or even two of the front 3. We are coping well without our keeper which I definitely wouldn't have been confident about.

VVD is probably the one player that we'd miss the most if he was out for a long time spell.

I think a big part of coping without Allison is having a solid defence. It looks like any shot on target against Adrian has a good chance of going in but we’ll get away with it in games like today where we dominate the opposition and limit their chances. I can’t see him pulling out performances and saves like Allison against Chelsea and Napoli to get us something from tight games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

Maybe it's a good thing Allison has missed so many games, Adrian has the five PL appearances required for a winners medal now.......am I getting ahead of myself?😛😛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ratracer

I’m gonna be so disappointed when we bottle it!! :(

ratracer wrote: »
    I’m gonna be so disappointed when we bottle it!! :(

On the plus side, if you do hear anybody talking about "bottling" you know they're not to be taken seriously as a person. Tis a great filter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

The thing about the bottling narrative is that from what I've seen it's mainly from Liverpool fans, sort of saying oh we'll be bottlers if we don't win this now etc....

It's also a wind up from 99% of non Liverpool fans surely, no one genuinely believes you can bottle a league after 5 games, obviously.

Pretty sure the bottling thing is a piss take after 5 games. I'd fear for anyone that can't figure that out :eek:

So Origi gets injured and Klopp sends message to remove Brewster from his game 15 minutes in. So we could see Brewster in squad in coming weeks if Origi is down for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

The LFC threads thrive on drama if there's none to be had it just gets made up!

It's been an excellent start to the league. Even when we went one down yesterday, there never much doubt we would come back and win it. Napoli and Chelsea next, bring 'em on!

Pep

''‘Congratulations Liverpool, you are the champions''

They lose a game and only thing on his mind is Liverpool, it's a bit sad.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement