Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Throwing up half a quote is probably worse.

Full one wouldn’t get the same reaction though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

6 wrote: »
    If I found Bobby in bed with my missus I'd make him a cup of tea.

I'd turf him right out;
    My Mrs is a bit of a goer and I'd him to risk an injury trying to keep up with her...

I'd look after him tho, I've got sisters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

“These are things that happen in football.
    “Sometimes you have to say things face to face.

“Sometimes it happens that I am not given the pass.

“But we have reconciled and become the good friends we were before.”

Mane has admitted that he and Salah did have a problem before the conversation took place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

Did anyone get the new jersey with a name printed on the back? I was thinking of Getting "Henderson 14". I just wanted to know if the quality is any good. I would go for the official one instead of the clubs own font, cause that looks catmalogen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Catmolgen, well now.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Catmolgen, well now.

Getting braver...you’d think this would speed things up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

The thing about the bottling narrative is that from what I've seen it's mainly from Liverpool fans, sort of saying oh we'll be bottlers if we don't win this now etc....

It's also a wind up from 99% of non Liverpool fans surely, no one genuinely believes you can bottle a league after 5 games, obviously.

United did 2 seasons ago when their fans and the media had them winning the league after leading at the end of August :pac:

Turtyturd wrote: »

What are you talking about? Did you get this season's jersey with a name printed on the back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

The thing about the bottling narrative is that from what I've seen it's mainly from Liverpool fans, sort of saying oh we'll be bottlers if we don't win this now etc....

It's also a wind up from 99% of non Liverpool fans surely, no one genuinely believes you can bottle a league after 5 games, obviously.

There was one guy on the United forum last year who said we'd bottle it after we went behind city for last season. Not sure how you bottle something from a winning position, but went on to win every game and you know what happened next.

To be fair though, a lot of united fans were telling him he was talking ****e as well.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Pretty sure the bottling thing is a piss take after 5 games. I'd fear for anyone that can't figure that out :eek:

To be serious for a moment, unless you're having a mental season like Pep's first title win, any talk of having a league won can't start until at least April. Anyone who claims otherwise is either being naive or on the wind up. Important to remember that when the inevitable stupid talk begins.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Catmolgen, well now.

I doubt it's against the rules to pretend to be from a non-English speaking country but actually be Irish. There are many things it is, but against the rules is probably not one of them. Sadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

5starpool wrote: »
    I doubt it's against the rules to pretend to be from a non-English speaking country but actually be Irish. There are many things it is, but against the rules is probably not one of them. Sadly.

Having two accounts just to troll people you'll never meet is pathetic and there's probably something in the charter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

TitianGerm wrote: »

It's the gif that keeps on giffing

Peatys wrote: »
    Having two accounts just to troll people you'll never meet is pathetic and there's probably something in the charter

This is my only account.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

It's rather depressing if true. Could you imagine how bad your life has to be to be doing that.

Anyway napoli away on Tuesday should be a tough game. One of our worst performances last season was away to them. I expect Klopp learned a lot from that.

We played them off the park at Anfield last season. Hopefully our energy and intensity will be too much for them.

Ordinarily, I'd settle for a point away to Napoli, but with the form we are in, I want us to go for the juggler :)

Only one real response to such good gif usage

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Throwing up half a quote is probably worse.

Full one wouldn’t get the same reaction though.

His final sentence was interesting I thought.

"I don't know what's going to happen, this season, until the last part of my period here"

I'm taking that to mean he's off in the summer although its just as likely he has a poor grasp of English:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

This is my only account.
    So be careful with it!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

What are you talking about? Did you get this season's jersey with a name printed on the back?

I'm going to get Phil Jones' name on mine.
    5starpool wrote: »

When you read it like that, it just hits home how ludicrous this whole forum can get :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Best in the World!
    kvim9cj159g01.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'm going to get Phil Jones' name on mine.

When you read it like that, it just hits home how ludicrous this whole forum can get :pac:

The most ludicrous thing is that it isn’t the first time it’s happened. :pac:

Our good run is hurting opposition fans. Always a sign things are going well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

So many away games, we haven't another league at Anfield until 5th Oct . We'll need to try maintain our 5pt lead on the road in coming month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

So many away games, we haven't another league at Anfield until 5th Oct . We'll need to try maintain our 5pt lead on the road in coming month

Chelsea away next Sunday should be a cracking game. I think Lampard will go full throttle especially as it's at home and because they played so well against us in the super cup. They can't seem to keep a clean sheet so might as well go all out attack.

Anyway napoli away before that. Great to have our hardest game in the group out of the way first.

Barca aside, Bobby is the metronome of the side..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hopefully that Watford turns up against City next weekend.

It’s probably more a case of hoping city play like Arsenal.

We've tough games over the next 2 months. Come out of it either on top or close behind the leaders and it'll be game on.

• Advertisement

Our good run is hurting opposition fans. Always a sign things are going well.

Due a few bannings to really signify how well the team is doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Due a few bannings to really signify how well the team is doing.

the last significant ban was Suarez back in 2014

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Pep

''‘Congratulations Liverpool, you are the champions''

They lose a game and only thing on his mind is Liverpool, it's a bit sad.

He actually said after 5 games you can't say congratulations Liverpool you are the champions

the last significant ban was Suarez back in 2014

A good few saps got ****canned back around the Rodgers title run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

A great article on Bobby Dazzler. I cant post the article as it got removed by mods the last time

https://theathletic.com/1202890/2019/09/15/tennis-teeth-whitening-and-making-liverpool-tick-why-klopp-and-the-kop-love-eccentric-firmino/

It's behind a paywall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

It's almost like we play 4-4-3 when Bobby is on the field.

He is in terrific form this season so far.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

FitzShane wrote: »
    It's almost like we play 4-4-3 when Bobby is on the field.

He is in terrific form this season so far.

Hes been brilliant for a long time now.
    People just look at goals ratio etc but anyone who understands footie know full well how good he is and how important he is to us.

He has been my favourite LFC player for a few seasons now, i love them all ofcourse but he is just extra special and makes us tick.
    Im so hapy to see mainstream outlets start to rave about him at long last.
    I said it to friends at the time watch Coutinho struggle bigtime without Bobby when he left and look what happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Only 2 away league games though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

A great article on Bobby Dazzler. I cant post the article as it got removed by mods the last time

https://theathletic.com/1202890/2019/09/15/tennis-teeth-whitening-and-making-liverpool-tick-why-klopp-and-the-kop-love-eccentric-firmino/

I thought the most telling part of that was the numerous references to Booby being an Edwards signing, and the fact that Rodgers didn't want him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Opposition will start to target Firmino now that he is getting the credit he deserves.

May mean a few quiet weeks for him ahead but will open up for the likes of Salah and Mane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

evil_seed wrote: »
    It's behind a paywall

linked in my original post uploaded to scribd now :)

steve_r wrote: »
    I thought the most telling part of that was the numerous references to Booby being an Edwards signing, and the fact that Rodgers didn't want him.

Good work Brendan

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Dcully wrote: »
    Hes been brilliant for a long time now.
    People just look at goals ratio etc but anyone who understands footie know full well how good he is and how important he is to us.

He has been my favourite LFC player for a few seasons now, i love them all ofcourse but he is just extra special and makes us tick.
    Im so hapy to see mainstream outlets start to rave about him at long last.
    I said it to friends at the time watch Coutinho struggle bigtime without Bobby when he left and look what happened.

He was good last year but felt it wasn't one of his better seasons for us. The previous season he was excellent and this year so far he has been like 2017/2018 season if not better. He is such an important player for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Good work Brendan

Sure Klopp quite famously didn't want to sign Salah.

This scouting/signing stuff isn't the easiest thing in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Robertson didn't train today, according to the Liverpool Echo.

Hoever took part in training, despite not being named in the CL squad too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Bobby's heat map vs Newcastle.

EEbYjgeWwAEjLOw?format=jpg&name=small

Sure Klopp quite famously didn't want to sign Salah.

This scouting/signing stuff isn't the easiest thing in the world.

But when he got him he didn’t play him as a centre back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Robertson didn't train today, according to the Liverpool Echo.

Hoever took part in training, despite not being named in the CL squad too.

Does Hoever need to be named being an underage player?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement