Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Does Hoever need to be named being an underage player?

He can be added up to 24 hours before the tie, I think.

It was just a bit odd as when the initial squad was named, several other underage players were named so it didn't make a whole lot of sense as to why Hoever wasn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just spotted that Bobby Fun has now played more games for Liverpool than Hoff and his stats are pretty similar but better

Hoff Games 140, goals 38, assists 29, yellow cards 24
    Libpool games 142, goals 50, assists 38, yellow cards 7 (dunno if that reflects officiating differences or if he has changed his game or has just become better at dispossessing/fouling!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just spotted that Bobby Fun has now played more games for Liverpool than Hoff and his stats are pretty similar but better

Hoff Games 140, goals 38, assists 29, yellow cards 24
    Libpool games 142, goals 50, assists 38, yellow cards 7 (dunno if that reflects officiating differences or if he has changed his game or has just become better at dispossessing/fouling!).

I wonder how many of those bookings have come from taking his jersey off in celebration

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

xabi wrote: »

haha thats class
    Obscenity was the main charge: brazenly purveying utter filth in a public place at approximately 1:30pm on Saturday 14th September. Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward. Further charges of exhibitionism, soliciting a hopeless tackle and lewd behaviour in front of an opposition defence were listed on the arrest warrant, along with perverting the course of a through-ball and tampering with an offside trap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

2019 FIFA Club World Cup Draw

11th December
    Match 1 Al-Sadd (QAR) V Hienghène Sport (NCL)

14th December
    Match 2 Monterrey (MEX) V Al-Sadd (QAR)/Hienghène Sport (NCL)
    Match 3 AFC Winner V Espérance de Tunis (TUN)

17th December
    Match for 5th place - Loser Monterrey (MEX)/Al-Sadd (QAR)/Hienghène Sport (NCL) V Loser AFC Winner/Espérance de Tunis (TUN)
    Semi-Final 1 CONMEBOL Winner V AFC Winner/Espérance de Tunis (TUN)

18th December
    Semi-Final 2 Monterrey (MEX)/Al-Sadd (QAR)/Hienghène Sport (NCL) V Liverpool (ENG)

21st December
    3rd/4th Place Play-off
    Final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Former Spurs player and International team mate of the Dutch boys Vincent Janssen plays for Monterrey.

Or

Al Sadd managed by Xavi.

A classic stat that the Boring James Milner would be proud of.
    James Milner has now been a Premier League footballer for exactly half his life. It is 6154 days since his Premier League debut. And that came 6154 days after his birth.

https://twitter.com/RichJolly/status/1173487472271089666?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

2019 FIFA Club World Cup Draw

11th December
    Match 1 Al-Sadd (QAR) V Hienghène Sport (NCL)

14th December
    Match 2 Monterrey (MEX) V Al-Sadd (QAR)/Hienghène Sport (NCL)
    Match 3 AFC Winner V Espérance de Tunis (TUN)

17th December
    Match for 5th place - Loser Monterrey (MEX)/Al-Sadd (QAR)/Hienghène Sport (NCL) V Loser AFC Winner/Espérance de Tunis (TUN)
    Semi-Final 1 CONMEBOL Winner V AFC Winner/Espérance de Tunis (TUN)

18th December
    Semi-Final 2 Monterrey (MEX)/Al-Sadd (QAR)/Hienghène Sport (NCL) V Liverpool (ENG)

21st December
    3rd/4th Place Play-off
    Final

No offense to those teams but Liverpool should certainly be favourites to lift the cup.

A third trophy in 6 months for this Liverpool team would be sweet. Single games or only winning 2 games isn't something to be overly proud of. But with a trophy cabinet filling up under Klopp, and players adding more medals to their collection. It really is a season they might have the mentality to go onto win the Premiership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

No offense to those teams but Liverpool should certainly be favourites to lift the cup.

A third trophy in 6 months for this Liverpool team would be sweet. Single games or only winning 2 games isn't something to be overly proud of. But with a trophy cabinet filling up under Klopp, and players adding more medals to their collection. It really is a season they might have the mentality to go onto win the Premiership.

The European representative is always going to be the heavy favourite going into this competition (in its current format, until the switch up in a few years)

Only three of the finals have been won by non-Europeans with Liverpool (2005), Barcelona (2006) and Chelsea (2012) the teams to lose.

Anyway, the Asian and South American representation has yet to be determined. This is who is still involved in their respective tournaments.
    Asian Champions League:
    Guangzhou Evergrande, Shanghai SIPG [both China]
    Kashima Antlers, Urawa Red Diamonds [both Japan]
    Al-Sadd [Qatar]
    Al-Hilal, Al-Ittihad, Al-Nassr [all Saudi Arabia]

Copa Libertadores:
    Boca Juniors, River Plate [both Argentina]
    Flamengo, Grêmio [both Brazil]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

If Al-Sadd win the AFC Champions League they will go from Match 1 to Match 3 with the Runners-Up of AFC going into Match 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Boca have Tevez and Danielle De Rossi, I'd like to play them.

They've also got an Argentinian by the name of Kevin Mac Allister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Boca have Tevez and Danielle De Rossi, I'd like to play them.

They've also got an Argentinian by the name of Kevin Mac Allister.

they'll probably leave him at home for it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Phew!!, thought Bobby was being a silly boy driving under the influence again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Former Spurs player and International team mate of the Dutch boys Vincent Janssen plays for Monterrey.

Or

Al Sadd managed by Xavi.

Monterray also have a striker who is the twin brother of ex-Everton CB Funes Mori!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Marko Grujic has scored two of the three goals hit by Hertha Berlin this season. They are bottom of the league.

Napoli game

Fabinho, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Lovren, Milner, Firmino, Mane, Salah, Gomez, Adrian, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Lonergan, Shaqiri, Brewster, Robertson, Matip, Kelleher, Alexander-Arnold.

Surly

Adrian
    TAA-Matip-VVD-Robbo
    Fabby
    Hendo-Gini
    -Salah-Firmino-Mane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Napoli need to be respected at home, they just don't lose many there. Maybe a change of system is needed,

_____Adrian___
    Taa_Ma_VVD_Rob
    Milner_Fab_Hen_Gini
    __Firmino_Mane__

Crowd them out, let the back four stay as a unit. If we bomb forward with full backs we'll lose there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Robertson is a doubt with a slight knock.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1173638964365930502?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

Assuming Robbo is fit, then I'd expect to see the below
    Adrian
    TAA - Matip - VVD - Robbo
    Hendo- Fab - Gini
    Mo - Bobby - Mane

I think that's probably Klopp's first choice XI right now. Maybe Milner is picked on the basis that its a tough European away game but I think we've looked best with that team on the pitch - when ox/Origi/Milner/Gomez have featured I don't think we've been as good.

I didn't see the away game vs Napoli last year - my daughter was being born :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

I think Gomez will start. At CB if Robertson plays, at LB if he doesn’t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

steve_r wrote: »

Fecking casual fans

That would just about excuse you wife... Just. As for you... :p

...... - when ox/Origi/Milner/Gomez have featured I don't think we've been as good.

Is ox available?

The lastest Inside Anfield more of Bobby at his filty best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    How're ye lads, a bit away from the football, but since ye're the people who probably read more of my nonsense than anyone else in the world, a short film I wrote and directed is featured today on Short Of The Week for it's online premier, in case anyone fancies taking a look!

Serious Kudos there Rebel, loved it's rawness and small town intensity. Reminded me of the sort of place I grew up in in the 80's.

Don't know why exactly but the enclosed environment and direct engagement kinda reminded me of Juror #9 in 12 Angry Men which I hope you'll take as a compliment as it's my favourite movie of all time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

Neville calling Fabinho the best in the league at that role must hurt with his hatred of Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

It's weird having a trip to Stamford Bridge on the horizon and no Hazard to fear.

The Best in the World Samba Boys.
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

54and56 wrote: »
    Serious Kudos there Rebel, loved it's rawness and small town intensity. Reminded me of the sort of place I grew up in in the 80's.

Don't know why exactly but the enclosed environment and direct engagement kinda reminded me of Juror #9 in 12 Angry Men which I hope you'll take as a compliment as it's my favourite movie of all time.

Thanks man, very much the feeling I was going for actually! That was definitely one of my references... with all the plot elements and reveals driven just by dialogue in this tight confined space.

My own town was the same growing up, with all these little gossipy vindictive stories floating around... one of them in particular was this poor young wan of around 17 who got pregnant, and the dad (another local kid around 17 or 18) refused to admit to it for close to 10 years. She went up to communion at mass sometime around then, and the local priest refused her in front of everyone. Pretty fucked up really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Thanks man, very much the feeling I was going for actually! That was definitely one of my references... with all the plot elements and reveals driven just by dialogue in this tight confined space.

Is it true that one of the techniques used to increase the intensity in 12 Angry Men is that they slowly moved the walls of the jury room closer together as the plot unfolded?
    My own town was the same growing up, with all these little gossipy vindictive stories floating around... one of them in particular was this poor young wan of around 17 who got pregnant, and the dad (another local kid around 17 or 18) refused to admit to it for close to 10 years. She went up to communion at mass sometime around then, and the local priest refused her in front of everyone. Pretty fucked up really.

I hear you 100%. I grew up and went to school close to and during the time of Ann Lovett in Granard which for me was the lowest point in the Ireland of those days that are thankfully a long way in the past.

You've a serious talent there Rebel, keep it up.

Enough off topic, thanks for sharing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Thoroughly enjoyed the 15 mins.

If I was critical, I'd say from my pov, it wasn't established the priest necessarily did anything wrong first time around and the blame being placed was unjustified. I suppose that's all a bit unimportant!

Congrats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Damien360

noodler wrote: »
    Thoroughly enjoyed the 15 mins.

If I was critical, I'd say from my pov, it wasn't established the priest necessarily did anything wrong first time around and the blame being placed was unjustified. I suppose that's all a bit unimportant!

Congrats.

I thought it knocked the old value of the priest and all those within his reach as holier than thou. Very Irish concept. The attack on the priest was an attack on his family and flock. He is no better than anyone else. The fact that Micheal held that story for so long tells the power of the church. Takes impending death to realise it's all bull.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I loved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

gwalk wrote: »
    they'll probably leave him at home for it

Did this poster get a standing ovation for this post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

mosstin wrote: »
    Did this poster get a standing ovation for this post?

I was a little unsettled knowing that that the poster walks around every day with the useless knowledge that the family surname was McAllister. Seriously, who knows that? :pac:

Klopp has been saying Shaq has been training in a specific position the last few weeks a creative one and he will become a real option.

So Klopp is rebuilding him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Klopp has been saying Shaq has been training in a specific position the last few weeks a creative one and he will become a real option.

So Klopp is rebuilding him.

Goalkeeper ?Putting a cube in a rectangular goal might have its flaws !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Sky showing the stats of a stones and oatmendi pairing last night very interesting.
    Laporte/oatmendi had won 88% of games it dropped to 68% when stones/oatmendi played together.
    And the last time they played together before Saturday? The 4-3 at Anfield 18 months ago.

That win % drop off is huge.

Could be a huge break and advantage if we can avoid injury to key players.

Well we are doing ok without the best keeper in the world while he is out injured.

Was shaq' not always creative?

Hopefully the Best in the World is on it tonight.
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

rob316 wrote: »
    Sky showing the stats of a stones and oatmendi pairing last night very interesting.
    Laporte/oatmendi had won 88% of games it dropped to 68% when stones/oatmendi played together.
    And the last time they played together before Saturday? The 4-3 at Anfield 18 months ago.

Could be a huge break and advantage if we can avoid injury to key players.

Found on twitter:
    atCc9ny.png

Good sample size for the Stones-Otamendi pairing as well. That injury to Laporte is going to cost them over the next few months. I'm not sure if we'll be able to pull away from them, but it'll stay competitive anyways.

• Advertisement

Laporte/oatmendi had won 88% of games it dropped to 68% when stones/oatmendi played together. ...............

When sample size and the opposition is considered is the pairing the significant factor though........... Sky are mindful of their audience when throwing out this sort of rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I didn't like the way that Neville repeatedly said that 'Pep doesn't want to play Otamendi & Stones together'. Is it not a case that Laporte just plays every game and he is very clearly first choice. To be fair, no manager in their right mind would drop Laporte to the bench and play Otamendi & Stones together, just like Klopp is not going to leave VVD on the bench and play Gomez & Lovren together, in a meaningful league game anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Augeo wrote: »
    Was shaq' not always creative?

I think he could do more from a central position. He can play a mean through ball, between defenders or over the top. And has a shot. So better there than out wide when he gets in the way of the FBs a lot...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Umaro wrote: »
    Found on twitter:
    atCc9ny.png

Good sample size for the Stones-Otamendi pairing as well. That injury to Laporte is going to cost them over the next few months. I'm not sure if we'll be able to pull away from them, but it'll stay competitive anyways.

If we can keep ahead of them until the game at Anfield in November it will put huge pressure on pep and city to get a result. It could play nicely into our hands.

Augeo wrote: »
    When sample size and the opposition is considered is the pairing the significant factor though........... Sky are mindful of their audience when throwing out this sort of rubbish.

He's there van dijk his importance can't be overstated enough. I wouldn't consider us title challengers if we lost Virgil for half a season.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

ricero wrote: »
    If we can keep ahead of them until the game at Anfield in November it will put huge pressure on pep and city to get a result. It could play nicely into our hands.

Pep is going to start playing Fernadinho again which will close a big gap between mid and the centre backs. That'll steady the ship for him.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Pep is going to start playing Fernadinho again which will close a big gap between mid and the centre backs. That'll steady the ship for him.

He's 34 he doesn't have the legs for that position anymore, they brought in Rhodri to replace him. He's 5ft nothing too so the notion he can play CB is far fetched

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Might just move Walker into CB and play Cancelo RB. Mad that they've Mendy there as LB cover as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

He's 34 he doesn't have the legs for that position anymore, they brought in Rhodri to replace him. He's 5ft nothing too so the notion he can play CB is far fetched

Read an article on the Athletic yesterday that they have been playing him at centre back in training for the last two weeks. So it's definitely in the works.

• Advertisement

He's there van dijk his importance can't be overstated enough. I wouldn't consider us title challengers if we lost Virgil for half a season.

Van Dijk's importance for us can't be overstated enough. I don't think any City defender is an important to them tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement