Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

If our only losses this season are a few champions League games I'll be quite content

Certainly better than losing to Newcastle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

shamrock55 wrote: »
    If we had won last night or even drawn all we be talking about today would've been Adrian's save, it's one of the best saves I've seen in years tbh, outstanding it was

We honestly can't get any better as a number 2 keeper than Adrian. Yes, he definitely has mistakes in him hence him being a number 2 now, but he's a brilliant back up.

You're never going to have two world class goalkeepers in the long term so having someone like Adrian who knows the reality that he's never going to overtake Alisson but is professional enough to be there when we need him is a great situation to be in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Yea, hats off to Peter Moore, great thing to do in fairness

Always liked him since the Dreamcast and Xbox day's, was delighted when he came to Liverpool as CEO...

Remember he revealed GTA IV with a tattoo at one of the E3 things?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Dcully wrote: »
    I also feel we played well enough considering such a hostile place and the conditions.
    However we did drop off the concentration levels late on but before that we just did not click.
    Fabinho and Adrian were excellent throughout.

Apart from the humidity mentioned, the fact it was end to end for almost the whole game surely played a role.

It was the most intenae game I've seen from two sides in a while.

On a side note, disappointing only one of our subs was deemed a useable option. Probably wouldn't have changed anything given where the goals came from but still.

It's one of the best performances I've seen us lose in.

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    Apart from the humidity mentioned, the fact it was end to end for almost the whole game surely played a role.

It was the most intenae game I've seen from two sides in a while.

On a side note, disappointing only one of our subs was deemed a useable option. Probably wouldn't have changed anything given where the goals came from but still.

It's one of the best performances I've seen us lose in.

It was such an absorbing match, really entertaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Liverpool are a one trick pony, but dam what a trick. But I just wish people today were applauding a defensive masterclass of a performance, where Klopp changed it up, put an extra man in midfield and came away with a point, or a 0-1 goal on the break. That game last night was same as last years, very open, lots of chances. It's a bit silly.

Liverpool are a one trick pony,......................... That game last night was same as last years, very open, lots of chances. It's a bit silly.

I can't agree with that, last year for a series of games we played some really, really controlling football......... it was boring as fook to watch but great at putting points on the board :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Fab has really excelled in his position insofar as I think he is now undroppable in big games.

Adrian has done really well but Alisson is still a step up on him.

Still can't get over Ronnie saying that Mane deliberately sabotaged a pass for Mo. Such a childish accusation.

Am I the only one who thought that Whelan was clumsily suggesting that Mane only played the pass to Salah because of the argument, that normally he'd bring the ball on himself and have a shot, but felt the need to force the pass and as a result messed it up unintentionally?

Maybe I'm giving Whelan too much credit but that's the way I took it.

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thought that Whelan was clumsily suggesting that Mane only played the pass to Salah because of the argument, that normally he'd bring the ball on himself and have a shot, but felt the need to force the pass and as a result messed it up unintentionally?

It was more that the arguement has made them less on the same wavelength as they used to be. He's wrong of course, but that's what he was getting at.

Coming to the conclusion that he was suggesting Mane messed the ball up on purpose is clearly ludicrous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Liverpool are a one trick pony, but dam what a trick. But I just wish people today were applauding a defensive masterclass of a performance, where Klopp changed it up, put an extra man in midfield and came away with a point, or a 0-1 goal on the break. That game last night was same as last years, very open, lots of chances. It's a bit silly.

Yeah essentially Klopp is relying on the home form to carry them through which is risky strategy even if home form has been excellent. Had it not been for an incredible save in final moments last season Liverpool would have been knocked out in group stage.

If Liverpool draw at home to Napoli or Salzburg now it's leaves them in very tricky situation.

rossie1977 wrote: »

If Liverpool draw at home to Napoli or Salzburg now it's leaves them in very tricky situation.

It'd take more then that to seriously prevent us finishing 2nd in the group surely? Unless Napoli drop points unexpectedly also?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Liverpool are a one trick pony, but dam what a trick.

Toby is John Giles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Don't want to be going out to Austria in December in a most win game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Augeo wrote: »
    It'd take more then that to seriously prevent us finishing 2nd in the group surely? Unless Napoli drop points unexpectedly also?

Yeah I think it's an overreaction to suggest this all boils down to one or two games at this stage. Michael Owen was attempting to suggest the same on BT last night and it's a weird effort to manufacture crisis.

We should be targeting 6 points against Genk and a win against Salzburg in Anfield as the bare minimum. A single point from the other two games guarantees us qualification, right?

And that's discounting the fact that we will, of course, be attempting to win at home to Napoli and avoid defeat in Austria too.

We shouldn't write off any of our opponents - we've struggled in games at this stage in each of the last two seasons - but we also probably shouldn't forget that we're European champions, and this group's top seed.

We lost last night but Napoli are a good side and it is famously difficult to go there. No one wanted to start with a defeat but it's not common for any side to win all 6 of their group games and we lost what is, on paper, the most difficult game we will have in this group.

[EDIT: You've to go back to 2014-15 season for any team to top a group with 18/18 points - Real Madrid finishing ahead of us, Basel and Ludogorets - and 2011/12 for the last team before that again; also Real ahead of Lyon, Ajax and Dinamo Zagreb. These are the only two instances of it since the second group stage was dropped after the 2002-03 season.]

Plus with a refereeing decision that bends the other way and an attack that finishes even one of the chances that lands their way last night, we could have won it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I do think milner has dropped off quite a bit in the last year he just isnt as quick on the turn and I find it noticeable watching him . However he has tended to play a lot of the tougher away games so the stats are going to look unfavourable. He isn't as good an option as he was and one of keita or the ox will need to up their game this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I do think milner has dropped off quite a bit in the last year he just isnt as quick on the turn and I find it noticeable watching him . However he has tended to play a lot of the tougher away games so the stats are going to look unfavourable. He isn't as good an option as he was and one of keita or the ox will need to up their game this year.

Still super fit but I feel his agility and initial burst of pace are going if not already gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

fyfe79 wrote: »

Ronnie sounds like he hates football when co commentator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Don't think it means a whole lot. Our loss last night had nothing to do with Milner as I'm sure many of the other games had not either.

Remember the Bale "jinx" at Spurs. There are statistical anomalies all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

monkey9 wrote: »
    I can't believe the amount of people moaning about the penalty. What does Robertson expect when he just dangles a leg out like that in the box? Unless he wins the ball, it's tough sh!t.

Players are always going to make the most of it. There doesn't HAVE to be contact. It's not up to the Napoli player to just hurdle a leg and do Robertson a favour.

It's the same when a keeper comes rushing out. Unless he wins the ball, he's giving away a penalty all day long.

It's a penalty. No doubt about it.

There's plenty of doubt. This is how I saw it: if I was a ref, I'd definitely have given it. If I was in the VAR cabin, I'd definitely have overturned it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

magma69 wrote: »
    Don't think it means a whole lot. Our loss last night had nothing to do with Milner as I'm sure many of the other games had not either.

Remember the Bale "jinx" at Spurs. There are statistical anomalies all the time.

Whenever we lose - which, remember, is once in a blue moon these days (no pun intended) - some twat somewhere will find some ridiculous stat somewhere to back up something to scapegoat someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

mosstin wrote: »
    Whenever we lose - which, remember, is once in a blue moon these days (no pun intended) - some twat somewhere will find some ridiculous stat somewhere to back up something to scapegoat someone.

Some twat? A bit harsh, isn't it? It's an interesting stat and to be fair to him, he said it's not that large of a sample size. Lots of people post mundane stats on here, you'd NEVER catch me moaning about it, though. Each to their own, I suppose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭tinpib

Looks like it's Fernandinho and Otamendi as centre backs tonight, be interesting to see how they get on.

Besides ourselves, we should be cheering on Man City in the Champions League. The longer they’re in that competition, the better it is for us in the title race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

monkey9 wrote: »
    Besides ourselves, we should be cheering on Man City in the Champions League. The longer they’re in that competition, the better it is for us in the title race.

They’ll qualify from the group handy.

eigrod wrote: »
    They’ll qualify from the group handy.

As will we :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

I thought Lovren had gone to Roma! Huge game now on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

tinpib wrote: »
    Looks like it's Fernandinho and Otamendi as centre backs tonight, be interesting to see how they get on.

When I seen the highlights last night I think Pep & Txiki Begiristain could have played there against Shakhtar there was so much of a difference in quality.
    They have a run in the league now with Watford, Everton, Wolves, Palace, Villa & Southampton so they avoid any big games until they play at Anfield in mid November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭daheff

Yeah I think it's an overreaction to suggest this all boils down to one or two games at this stage. Michael Owen was attempting to suggest the same on BT last night and it's a weird effort to manufacture crisis.

We should be targeting 6 points against Genk and a win against Salzburg in Anfield as the bare minimum. A single point from the other two games guarantees us qualification, right?

And that's discounting the fact that we will, of course, be attempting to win at home to Napoli and avoid defeat in Austria too.

We shouldn't write off any of our opponents - we've struggled in games at this stage in each of the last two seasons - but we also probably shouldn't forget that we're European champions, and this group's top seed.

We lost last night but Napoli are a good side and it is famously difficult to go there. No one wanted to start with a defeat but it's not common for any side to win all 6 of their group games and we lost what is, on paper, the most difficult game we will have in this group.

one win (and away) isn't the end in terms of the group stages. We could conceivably win the remaining 5 games and top the group...or come second on gd.

eitherway its the qualifying from the group that counts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭daheff

Shearers....didnt even go wide...went out for a throwin. plus hes a grade a ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

Ronaldo's miss versus Sheffield United - ball squared to him right in front of the goal in loads of space.

Most of them are forgivable - players coming onto the ball at speed, or losing balance after going around the keeper (torres, alli)

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

steve_r wrote: »
    Ronaldo's miss versus Sheffield United - ball squared to him right in front of the goal in loads of space.

Most of them are forgivable - players coming onto the ball at speed, or losing balance after going around the keeper (torres, alli)

Thought Alli's was the worst. He'd done all the hard work and had slowed the ball down and positioned his body and simply had to pass it into the goal but missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Augeo wrote: »
    As will we :)

We don't do anything handy. We do it the hard way.

I'm not even remotely worried about the loss but I was hoping to wrap the group up early to allow more rotation as we have a hell a lot of games throughout the season. We don't need to be playing our strongest 11 in the last game at full throttle looking for a win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Save me the effort - if we finish 2nd who do we likely play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just as a by the by/bye the bye/buy the buy does anyone else find the images from embedded tweets are not loading in Chrome desktop? Mine was fine but one day recently it stopped showing media, only words now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Only 1 fixture change for November

Saturday 2nd November
    15:00 Aston Villa V Liverpool

Tuesday 5th November
    20:00 Liverpool V Genk (BT Sport)

Sunday 10th November
    16:30 Liverpool v Man City (Sky Sports)

Saturday 23rd November
    15:00 Crystal Palace V Liverpool

Wednesday 27th November
    20:00 Liverpool V Napoli (BT Sport)

Saturday 30th November
    15:00 Liverpool V Brighton & Hove Albion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Just as a by the by/bye the bye/buy the buy does anyone else find the images from embedded tweets are not loading in Chrome desktop? Mine was fine but one day recently it stopped showing media, only words now.

Yep but I know the cause in my case. Its bitdefender anti tracker extension. So it's most likely an extension you have in chrome that's doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Saturday 2nd November
    15:00 Aston Villa V Liverpool

Tuesday 5th November

Sunday 10th November

Saturday 23rd November
    15:00 Crystal Palace V Liverpool

Wednesday 27th November
    20:00 Liverpool V Napoli (BT Sport)

Saturday 30th November
    15:00 Liverpool V Brighton & Hove Albion

That wouldn't happen too often I'd say! Handy for those looking to go over. Three 3pms

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

.G. wrote: »
    Yep but I know the cause in my case. Its bitdefender anti tracker extension. So it's most likely an extension you have in chrome that's doing it.

Cheers, it's duckduckgo essentials for me and have found the display embedded tweets option (doh!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Tuesday 5th November

Sunday 10th November

Nice to have a decent gap between these two, both at home too. City are away in Italy on the Wednesday so they have two away games to our two home and one day fewer rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Jasus Klopp must of been on some sort of psychadellic drug the fact he put up with that spoofer in goal for as long as he did

ricero wrote: »
    Jasus Klopp must of been on some sort of psychadellic drug the fact he put up with that spoofer in goal for as long as he did

Not alone did he miss the ball, but he took out the defender who would probably have got to it first aswell

.... Not this.... Not this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They have created a new goalkeeper Ballon d’Or award for this year.

Ali must surely the shoe in winner for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Lmao. He's a shocking goalie God love him.

I thought his own player was the attacker, but no, it was actually a team mate, so why on earth did he challenge him for the ball. The player in white then comes from no where to score.

giphy.gif

The player in white had a 0.00000000000000000000 chance of scoring, unless Karius did that, then he had 100% to score

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement