Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Karius is the one genuine flop we've signed under Klopp so far, monetarily he didn't cost us much anyway but he did basically single-handedly give up that Champions League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ojo scored a screamer.
    OldPeriodicBluemorphobutterfly-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Karius is the one genuine flop we've signed under Klopp so far, monetarily he didn't cost us much anyway but he did basically single-handedly give up that Champions League.

I'm not being cruel saying this but as a player he's absolutely done tbh. The final vs Real was the end of him & he can't recovered from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

They have created a new goalkeeper Ballon d’Or award for this year.

Ali must surely the shoe in winner for it.

They created it for Alisson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

ERG89 wrote: »
    I'm not being cruel saying this but as a player he's absolutely done tbh. The final vs Real was the end of him & he can't recovered from it.

He always seemed a complete spoofer, he dives , but still doesn't seem to even put his arms out it stop the ball then just looks angry ! Weird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Only 1 fixture change for November

Saturday 2nd November
    15:00 Aston Villa V Liverpool

Tuesday 5th November
    20:00 Liverpool V Genk (BT Sport)

Sunday 10th November
    16:30 Liverpool v Man City (Sky Sports)

Saturday 23rd November
    15:00 Crystal Palace V Liverpool

Wednesday 27th November
    20:00 Liverpool V Napoli (BT Sport)

Saturday 30th November
    15:00 Liverpool V Brighton & Hove Albion

Just posting this so I can find it easily

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

I think our winning run will come to an end this weekend. I think we'll draw with Chelsea.
    Obviously I hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Only 1 fixture change for November

Sunday 10th November
    16:30 Liverpool v Man City (Sky Sports)

Thanks for that update.

Booked flights yesterday for the game.

Dub-Man return same day
    Taxi pickup and collect from Man-Liv
    Travel to Dublin
    Parking
    Match ticket

All in about €250

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Posted this over a year ago :

I thought that when he made those two errors in the Cl final he would never come back from it...and I haven't changed my mind. I cannot think of a single player who has made such inexplicable errors in such a high profile game and come back.
    Whats also against him is he has nothing to fall back on previously to save him ...no fantastic seasons with the club behind him...no goodwill as such..like say someone like de gea has with his errors with Spain, we know there is a world class keeper there behind the odd error. With Karius all we have is a litany of previous errors and going by recent performances those errors will continue into the future.
    The best thing that can happen him is he drops to the bench, gets the odd game in the cup ...with no f*ck ups hopefully! and eventually head back to Germany or somewhere. Allison's signing has signalled he really has no future at the club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Naby Keita is back in full training today

Not that it means much obviously unless he can remain fit now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Not suggesting that anyone on here is doing it but there's a really distasteful slant to most of the reporting of Karius' errors.

It's almost like people enjoy seeing him make mistakes. "HE'S DONE IT AGAIN!", etc - there was a slant of glee to it all last night.

I don't particularly want to see him at Liverpool ever again but why do people take such joy from it all? It's not like he cost us the Champions League on purpose FFS. The errors in that game will cast a shadow over his career forever. The last thing he needs is Liverpool fans taking joy in errors later in his career - YNWA and all that...

Plus, how many errors have we actually seen in the last season? One or two? It's not like this is a weekly occurrence FFS. He had a tough start to his life there but he seems to have settled in a bit now, resolved the wage issue (which was the club's problem, not his).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

Not suggesting that anyone on here is doing it but there's a really distasteful slant to most of the reporting of Karius' errors.

It's almost like people enjoy seeing him make mistakes. "HE'S DONE IT AGAIN!", etc - there was a slant of glee to it all last night.

I don't particularly want to see him at Liverpool ever again but why do people take such joy from it all? It's not like he cost us the Champions League on purpose FFS. The errors in that game will cast a shadow over his career forever. The last thing he needs is Liverpool fans taking joy in errors later in his career - YNWA and all that...

Plus, how many errors have we actually seen in the last season? One or two? It's not like this is a weekly occurrence FFS. He had a tough start to his life there but he seems to have settled in a bit now, resolved the wage issue (which was the club's problem, not his).

I’m sure the people who do this are the same type that bang about men’s rights and list out suicide statistics during international women’s week.

It seems completely lost on them that berating people for their mistakes is “just banter” when in fact it can really affect their mental health

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I see Robertson deleted his Twitter after receiving abuse during the week after giving away a penalty, what sort of bellend do you need to be to tweet abuse directly to anyone, never mind a player like Robertson who has been unbelievably good since signing. Best fans in the world, YNWA, and all that jazz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭steve_r

I think that, as with all online comments, its the extreme comments that attract the most attention. I just felt sorry for him when I saw the tweets last night and I'm sure most felt the same, but there'll always be idiots pointing and laughing.

I think there's a certain set of the media (generally the "banter" websites) who know that they will get clicks and reactions from fans who enjoy seeing someone fail - and they'll do their funny videos and meme and get them out there, and that's part of the problem. Just doing a quick search on twitter and it's those type of website that keep posting the video.

No-one deserves the crap he gets online. Look at the replies to this inoffensive tweet he posted.
    https://twitter.com/Mingle_Morgan/status/1172200360750067713?s=20
    https://twitter.com/CyBorjDan93/status/1172169766242574342?s=20

I'd love to see him succeed, just to shut those idiots up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I see Robertson deleted his Twitter after receiving abuse during the week after giving away a penalty, what sort of bellend do you need to be to tweet abuse directly to anyone, never mind a player like Robertson who has been unbelievably good since signing. Best fans in the world, YNWA, and all that jazz.

That's more of - social media is a cesspit for this ****. I know that there is going to be some fake accounts, some trolls, etc involved in that but it is normalising this type of behaviour: younger fans growing up in a world of searing abuse, criticism and so on will just learn this as the normal way of interacting with footballers and other fans.

What sort of attitude is that to have towards anything? It is disgusting.

Tribalism is off the charts nowadays - it's almost not enough to just support your club but you HAVE to hate opponents and other players or it doesn't count - and that anger is seeping into how people support their own clubs and players too. Man United (and other teams') players being on the receiving end of racist abuse for missing penalties, Robertson having to deactivate accounts because he conceded a penalty...

There are some very unsavoury elements to modern support. It really is disheartening to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Twitter is full of thicks no matter who they support. I dont know why anybody bothers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭GBX

The Karius thing is often peddled by journalists who are obviously anti Liverpool fans as well. I feel bad for the chap. I gave him stick in the past over errors but that has passed for me since the move away. It has to be affecting him mentally even away from the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Thanks for that update.

Booked flights yesterday for the game.

Dub-Man return same day
    Taxi pickup and collect from Man-Liv
    Travel to Dublin
    Parking
    Match ticket

All in about €250

Ill give you €300 for the lot :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

GBX wrote: »
    The Karius thing is often peddled by journalists who are obviously anti Liverpool fans as well. I feel bad for the chap. I gave him stick in the past over errors but that has passed for me since the move away. It has to be affecting him mentally even away from the pitch.

Yeah, all things considered, you'd never wish any misfortunte on him.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

According to the admin of the Liverpool subreddit Andy deleted his Twitter account over a week ago, not in response to anything to do with the Napoli game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    Twitter is full of thicks no matter who they support. I dont know why anybody bothers...

100%

I don’t get the outrage over some morons on twitter posting garbage and then tarring all supporters of the club in question with the same brush, as if EVERY ONE of them was posting that garbage. It’s like pretending to be outraged that there are douchebags walking among us every day – it’s just the way it is, nobody is surprised and you’re not going to change the nature of these fools. Football is the worlds’ most popular sport and appeals to a huge cross-section of people, including fools, who then choose their favourite club based on where they’re from or who their equally moronic friends/family support. No biggie. Some people are thick. Some of these people follow football. Let’s not be surprised when they unleash their sh!te on twitter for normal people to see.

Seems to me that Robo’s had the right idea and just decided “What’s the point” and deleted his account. Good on him. I’m sure he wasn’t the least bit upset by it either.

x43r0 wrote: »
    Naby Keita is back in full training today

Not that it means much obviously unless he can remain fit now

Hopefully that's the end of his injuries for at least a little while and he can jumpstart his Liverpool career now. Can forget because the signing was 2 years ago and he's barely played but Naby was our record transfer fee at the time, he's extremely talented and the type of player we really don't have elsewhere in the squad.

According to the admin of the Liverpool subreddit Andy deleted his Twitter account over a week ago, not in response to anything to do with the Napoli game.

Even if it did happen after the Napoli game, which it seemingly didn't according to OJ's post, why did you assume it would've been Liverpool fans who posted the abuse? Could be fans of any club. Or Scottish fans, even. Goes back to my previous post that it shouldn't matter which club the scumbags support, they're still scumbags regardless.

Ken Tucky wrote: »

People just love being outraged. It's a complete cesspit,similar to comments section of YouTube or Facebook. Very easy to avoid.

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Even if it did happen after the Napoli game, which it seemingly didn't according to OJ's post, why did you assume it would've been Liverpool fans who posted the abuse? Could be fans of any club. Or Scottish fans, even. Goes back to my previous post that it shouldn't matter which club the scumbags support, they're still scumbags regardless.

If harboring Twitter scumbags is the worst opposition fans can throw at us we're not in bad shape tbf!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just stop engaging and quit if needs be, Lord knows we all used to manage and it's not as if the Liverpool lads are trying to monetise their online presence as far as I know (okay Milner is clearly getting a crate of Ribena every month but beyond that...).

Dealt with.

Don’t let truth get in the way of some wanting to have a dig at the majority of the fan base on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭steve_r

So folks, chelsea, how are we feeling?

They've a goal difference of zero so far, good at scoring goals but not good defensively. However, that 4-0 to united at the start of the season throws that out of whack, and playing Zouma and being without Kante hurt them a lot.

They were good in the first half of the super cup, but remember there was no bobby in that first half and ox was out of position. Abraham is scoring goals, but yet to score against anyone who wasn't in the championship last year or the year before that.

I think it comes down to the defence, if we can keep them out, we should win because I can't see us not scoring. They are a young team built on confidence so an early goal for them would give them a big boost, but keeping them out should keep them quiet.

I don't think they have the fitness to play full throttle for 90 mins so hopefully we get a few second half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

Quietly confident of the win. It won't be easy though, they matched up well against us in the Super Cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

If Kante and Mount are out that would increase our chances of a win significantly.

It would be great to see Keita return. If he gets a run of games together I reckon he can really deliver this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

No Kante no party. Fabinho will have free reign of the midfield and there defence won't handle the lads up front. Never been more confident of 3 points at Stamford Bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

If our lads our fit we win on Sunday. I'm very confident in that. I know people pointed out Robertson as not looking fit on Tuesday but he wasn't the only one by any stretch, just the most evident one.

Still can't get over how bizarre that game was.

You're very naive then. You can research the word and it's many meanings yourself if you are interested. It can be used academically, but in this context, it was clearly used as a slur.

I'm well aware of what the word has been used for. My point is that usage of the word has evolved over the past few years, at least in Ireland and the UK, into a different form of insult. It's more likely to be a dig towards general idiocy among the population rather than a targeted insult towards a certain subgroup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

fyfe79 wrote: »
    I'm well aware of what the word has been used for. My point is that usage of the word has evolved over the past few years, at least in Ireland and the UK, into a different form of insult. It's more likely to be a dig towards general idiocy among the population rather than a targeted insult towards a certain subgroup.

Its use as a dig towards general idiocy stems from its use as a slur against people with Down’s syndrome. Why not just call people an idiot instead?

Just saw a stat on Sky.

Fab has created as many chances from open play as Bobby and Mo and he is the DM.

No sideways passing there.
    Perhaps surprisingly, he has created as many chances from open play this season as both Roberto Firmino and Mohamed Salah. Only Trent Alexander-Arnold and Sadio Mane have played more passes leading to a Liverpool shot.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/15117/11812068/why-fabinho-is-now-the-premier-league8217s-best-holding-midfielder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭.G.

He got loads of abuse after the Scotland games and that's when he deleted it.

Its use as a dig towards general idiocy stems from its use as a slur against people with Down’s syndrome. Why not just call people an idiot instead?

All words stem from somewhere. Even ‘idiot’ and ‘idiocy’ were official words used to describe mental disabilities back in the day. If you called someone an idiot 100 years ago it would be a serious insult, nowadays it means nothing because the passage of time has softened it.

Anyway, I’m way off topic so I’ll leave it at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Idiot was a psychiatric term used to describe people with intellectual disabilities. Same with cretin and imbecile.

It's almost like the meanings of words evolve. So you're asking to replace one word that was once used to describe people with a disability with another one used to to describe people with a disability.

I'll be putting you on ignore now. You're only on here to row with people anyways.

Edit. Lad above got there before me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

From the feedback thread.
    Offending posts will not be deleted from now on, but the text will be replaced with a mod note. This is to clear up any question of if there is anything being done on offending posts.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110922661&postcount=1037

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

What was the magic word you speak of, I missed it

Maddock is reporting that both Ali and Keita have been on tailored training sessions for the last few weeks and both could be back playing within 2/3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

.G. wrote: »
    He got loads of abuse after the Scotland games and that's when he deleted it.

It must be really hard to play in 2 European cup finals & during the last few years it feels like Scotland have had more managers than wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Grammarly need to be promoting the sh!t out of the fact that you can go from barely having a grasp of the language to amateur etymologist in a matter of months.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Grammarly need to be promoting the sh!t out of the fact that you can go from barely having a grasp of the language to amateur etymologist in a matter of months.

Word of the day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭.G.

It must be really hard to play in 2 European cup finals & during the last few years it feels like Scotland have had more managers than wins.

Yeah defo.

He's back on twitter so all is well!

https://twitter.com/andrewrobertso5/status/1175109408096960513

Wilson scores for Bournemouth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Great signing for Bournemouth. Wonder if he has a future with Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

At this rate he's going to cost them £40m.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Great signing for Bournemouth. Wonder if he has a future with Liverpool.

He has been more productive than Grealish in the Championship last season and so far in the PL and the price for Grealish keeps getting talked at the £40m range so if he doesn't have a future at Liverpool that is the money the club should be looking for, for him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement