Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

FitzShane wrote: »

In football terms, he was only on 7k a week, not too much, in real life, he was on 7k a week, holy ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

FitzShane wrote: »

Doesn't sound like the type of lad Klopp would have in a team, I think he's a United fan anyway... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

How do you know?? Did he tell you?

Ye he told me outside a nightclub in Norwich and then started going on about his shoes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Frank Lampard's Chelsea have scored 11 and conceded 11 so far this season in there 5 league games I see lots of goals today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

That's i why I fancy our chances. Lampard seems straightforward in his style and that's not a dig. I just think in a game where two teams play positive football we'll come out on top.

And I'm still annoyed over Tuesday. Really want to see a number of players cop on after their efforts in Italy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Be fantastic to get the win today, Chelsea away is never easy for any team, whatever their current form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

That's i why I fancy our chances. Lampard seems straightforward in his style and that's not a dig. I just think in a game where two teams play positive football we'll come out on top.

And I'm still annoyed over Tuesday. Really want to see a number of players cop on after their efforts in Italy.

Don't feel that away about Tuesday at all.

Feel everyone left it all out there after a seriously tough game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Tough game today, need the 3 points obviously. 6 points out of 15 away to the others of the "top 6" last season wasn't the best despite how good the season was. We really need to improve on that tally this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That's the rather pathetic narrative the media are now pushing so short on crises is this team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

That's the rather pathetic narrative the media are now pushing so short on crises is this team.

The 6 points from 15? Didn't watch any of the build up so not sure if its being pushed by the media tbh. 3 points away from Arsenal, Chelsea and United last season wasn't bad by any stretch but we really did need to get more from those games.

Nit picking of course but if we are talking about 98+ points to win the league thats where the improvements have to be made as tough as it is.

• Advertisement

NukaCola wrote: »
    The 6 points from 15? Didn't watch any of the build up so not sure if its being pushed by the media tbh. 3 points away from Arsenal, Chelsea and United last season wasn't bad by any stretch but we really did need to get more from those games.

Nit picking of course but if we are talking about 98+ points to win the league thats where the improvements have to be made as tough as it is.

Harry is talking about the hacking story.

No I'm talking about the mini league - which the previous season Liverpool topped with comfort and even last year I think finished 2nd.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

No I'm talking about the mini league - which the previous season Liverpool topped with comfort and even last year I think finished 2nd.

2017/18 season they topped the top 6 mini league? Is that what you’re saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Sunday supplement mentioned a story where liverpool paid some fine without admitting liability related to some of Michael Edwards dealings, thing it involved city aswell. Only caught end of it, did anyone here the story in full?

Edit: Found it

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/liverpool-paid-manchester-city-1m-spy-settlement-mxkns7mb6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Have a look in any of the threads on here. United fans have all the ‘scummy’ details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

As I said in the general thread how stupid were city not disabling those scouts accounts or login details. Pretty much standard procedure for any company when an employee leaves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Turtyturd wrote:
    Have a look in any of the threads on here. United fans have all the ‘scummy’ details.

The same ones who adore the likes of Evra and Cantona, who seem to get a kick out of assaulting fans.

You can only laugh at the irony tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

Very clever of Brendan though to get the scouts to go back and get their scouting reports they built up but didn't bring with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Now there's a stat

https://twitter.com/SimonBrundish/status/1175452397826711557?s=20
    Mo Salah has a (non pen) goal or assist every 94.3mins in the
    Premier League

The best rate of any player with >50 in history

Henry 94.5mins
    Aguero 96

That includes his time at Chelsea where he did nothing too, if you're just counting his Liverpool time then it's a goal or assist
    every 83 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Now there's a stat

https://twitter.com/SimonBrundish/status/1175452397826711557?s=20

That includes his time at Chelsea where he did nothing too, if you're just counting his Liverpool time then it's a goal or assist
    every 83 minutes.

I don't think that's true.

• Advertisement

Wonder if Chelsea will go with Giroud today. Don’t think I’ve ever seen as mediocre a player made to look decent by our defence.

Maybe Dwight Gayle?

I don't think that's true.

Just did the maths myself to check, according to transfermarkt he's got 7,143 total minutes played in the Premier League, 60 goals, and 21 assists. So 81 G+A, 5 of those goals were penalties so we're down to 76. 7143/76 = 93.98 so pretty much exactly 94 minutes.

EDIT: And just to be sure, Aguero has 172 goals and 45 assists, so 217 G+A, 26 of which are penalties so that's 191. He's played 18305 minutes. 18305/191 = 95.84

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭garra

Harry is talking about the hacking story.

It doesn't sound like much hacking went on if the ex City scouts still had valid credentials to their ex-employers network/database.

Clearly using facts to push an anti City agenda.

garra wrote: »
    It doesn't sound like much hacking went on if the ex City scouts still had valid credentials to their ex-employers network/database.

Doesn't sound as sexy as hacking for the headlines.

If the headlines were City didn't change passwords of ex staff that would make them look like 2 bit company not a billion pound company run by a genocidal rulers of a Country.

One of the big reasons for that stat from Salah is just how impressive his assist totals are, in his record breaking 32 goal season he still recorded 10 assists. Kane in the same year got 30 goals but only 2 assists.

Doesn't sound as sexy as hacking for the headlines.

If the headlines were City didn't change passwords of ex staff that would make them look like 2 bit company not a billion pound company run by a genocidal Country.

lol. City are not Abu Dhabi state backed. They are owned by ADUG which is owned by one man, Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al Nahyan. As well as CMC and CITIC Capital with Li Ruigang and The Ministry Of Finance For The People’s Republic Of China having a 13% stake.

Don’t let facts ruin a good headline though as you put it yourself eh.

Which is why it took six years to come to light. I'm sure both clubs agreed it would be best to keep shtum.

gstack166 wrote: »
    lol. City are not Abu Dhabi state backed. They are owned by ADUG which is owned by one man, Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al Nahyan. As well as CMC and CITIC Capital with Li Ruigang and The Ministry Of Finance For The People’s Republic Of China having a 13% stake.

Tell that to the peoples of the Yemen who are murdered every day.

No need to reply we all know where you stand and I won't be engaging with you again.

• Advertisement

Tell that to the peoples of the Yemen who are bring murder every day/

So you continue with your sports washing.

That has nothing to do with Manchester City, just like it has nothing to do with Liverpool who have American owners for their part in Yeman also.

I don’t see any outcry or blame attached to Sheffield United who have Saudi owners. Laughable attaching that kind of scutter to Manchester City when there is no evidence that Sheikh Mansour has ever murdered anybody.

Tell that to the peoples of the Yemen who are murdered every day.

No need to reply we all know where you stand and I won't be engaging with you again.

Just noticed you edited your post after I replied. You won’t engage because you know nothing about what you speak of & it’s blatantly obvious. If I didn’t know better you just copy & paste a certain Ewan MacKenna tweets, either way you do as you please.

gstack166 wrote: »

China's genocide in Tibet does not count because they only have a 13% stake? Mansour being the deputy prime minster of the UAE is involved fully in the illegal war and the profiteering from the genocide in the Yemen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

rob316 wrote: »
    As I said in the general thread how stupid were city not disabling those scouts accounts or login details. Pretty much standard procedure for any company when an employee leaves.

Flip I had to disable people’s accounts as they were sitting in with HR telling them they being let go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Poxy lul between rugby and the pool match. Feck all decent on telly worth watching..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

We should be winning today.

I think this is one the tougher away games that we have a real chance of winning in. Will be tight but we can do it.

Napoli game was high intensity but we played well. 2-0 not a fair reflection on our performance. Sub Gini in for Milner and we win it possibly . Tuesday to Sunday is a decent break too.

• Advertisement

Abraham is in great form i can see him causing some headaches for the back 4.

Just did the maths myself to check, according to transfermarkt he's got 7,143 total minutes played in the Premier League, 60 goals, and 21 assists. So 81 G+A, 5 of those goals were penalties so we're down to 76. 7143/76 = 93.98 so pretty much exactly 94 minutes.

EDIT: And just to be sure, Aguero has 172 goals and 45 assists, so 217 G+A, 26 of which are penalties so that's 191. He's played 18305 minutes. 18305/191 = 95.84

Still a skwed stat , what happens when you add the penos?

Still a skwed stat , what happens when you add the penos?

"Here's a stat"

"That's not true"

"Yes it is and here's proof"

"...Okay but what if it was a different stat?"

"Here's a stat"

"That's not true"

"Yes it is and here's proof"

"...Okay but what if it was a different stat?"
    But leaving out the penos why do that. Just calculate the stat with the correct numbers. Otherwise your not give a correct reflection .
    You can't pick and choose the returns per minutes because it suits you.

Goals from open play is a better stat than a stat where a goalscorer gets a free shot at goal from 12 yards.

• Advertisement

Goals from open play is a better stat than a stat where a goalscorer gets a free shot at goal from 12 yards.

But it still adds to there return. Both take penos so it should be added. It's simple really.

But it still adds to there return. Both take penos so it should be added. It's simple really.

Off you go then and create your own stat seems to be a simple thing to do. i don't personally care myself who scores as long as my team wins.

noodler wrote: »
    Don't feel that away about Tuesday at all.

Feel everyone left it all out there after a seriously tough game

I was frustrated with the front 3 to be honest. Maybe I'm being harsh and judging them against their own high standards.

One moment in particular sticks out is Firmino having free to his left in a promising attack only to take on the shot himself which wasn't really on. Quite uncharacteristic of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Is there going to be some strange team news Chelsea gambled from 3/1-2/1 which takes a lot of doing with a market that has a lot of liquidity in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

I was frustrated with the front 3 to be honest. Maybe I'm being harsh and judging them against their own high standards.

One moment in particular sticks out is Firmino having free to his left in a promising attack only to take on the shot himself which wasn't really on. Quite uncharacteristic of him.

They looked like rabbits caught in headlights a few times. Salah looked shook when faced with Koulibaly. Hopefully, we have had the time to get over it and start fresh again today.

They looked like rabbits caught in headlights a few times. Salah looked shook when faced with Koulibaly. Hopefully, we have had the time to get over it and start fresh again today.

Same thing happened last season in the away game. Hopefully Salah repeats his terrorising of him at Anfield. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Think that's a massive, massive overreaction tbh.

Are we going to say this everytime they come up with a quality outfit and don't score?

They made chances. Be more concerned if they hadn't.

Salah was quite good first half, really unfortunate his runs were matched by some serious pace in the Napoli defence.

Liverpool line-up: Adrian, TAA, Matip, Virgil, Robertson, Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Salah, Firmino, Mane

Brewster in the squad.

Mason Mount and Kante start, but both will surely be gettable at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Both Kante & Mount start for Chelsea which is a massive boost to them.

Back to a back 4, Azpicueleta at RB could be exposed possibly.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement