Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Gbear wrote: »
    Given there's only 10 seconds it probably was to our advantage to slow the game down.

Pretty **** second half but to be fair, we had a really tough game midweek.

After European games the goal is get there points by any means necessary.

It was possibly a bit too easy at times. This Chelsea team are pretty soft, Kante aside, so I think we were lulled into letting our guard down, and they do have quality when given the opportunity.

6/6 in the league, a chance for our fringe players to get a run out midweek and back to business against a tricky Sheffield Utd side next weekend.

I really hope it's practically a new XI on Wed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Good hard earned win, 6 from 6, onwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Massive 3 points. Yes 30+ mins of the 2nd we were carless and leggy even though Chelsea attacks weren't hectic either. 6 wins out of 6. Brilliant start

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

noodler wrote: »
    I thought first half was v.good.

If Bobby had hammered that corner or Salah has took that Mane pass quickly then we could have ended it early.

I still think Klopp needs to be more liberal with the subs. Too many out on their feet.

I think klopp knows what he's doing :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Frustrating element of the second half was the absolute inability to hold onto the ball and string passes together. With Milner, Wijnaldum and Lallana out there, you'd have expected to keep the ball better but it seemed to just bounce of us and go straight back to Chelsea every time we got it.

Matip was a boss again and Robertson was very good too.

I'd be hoping to see Gomez, Lovren, Lewis/Larouci, Jones, Lallana, Oxlade Chamberlain, Shaqiri and Brewster on Wednesday anyway.

Bit of a balls playing Wednesday night and early Saturday kick off against an energetic Sheffield United side. You'd want to keep as many players as possible fresh for that. Sheffield United also playing Wednesday - you'd think they'd have moved those to Tuesday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

It's not like Milner and Lallana were even slightly helpful when they came on sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I loved that second half, it's great to be able to defend when under the cosh. Would loved to have seen that for 90 minutes against Napoli.
    You need to be able to do both, we done both today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Robertson run the highlight of the 2nd half. Had an excellent game.

Salah needs to be smarter constantly taking on Tomori who knew what he was going to do & who has good pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

It's not like Milner and Lallana were even slightly helpful when they came on sure.

Quality of squad depth is still a concern despite the PL results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Very happy,no point over analysing every little thing,we won again,away to Chelsea. Brilliant start to the league again.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Imagine going in and grabbing Joel Matip on a free transfer. What a baller

15 league wins on the bounce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

.G. wrote: »
    Of the 11 who started, I don't want to see any of them against MK Dons. Starting anyway.

Looked a bit leggy in the 2nd half alright. We've picked the same side in every game this season bar a bit of rotation in midfield.

Don't think many of them should play midweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The summer with no real break looks like it might be catching up on Mane & Salah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I loved that second half, it's great to be able to defend when under the cosh. Would loved to have seen that for 90 minutes against Napoli.
    You need to be able to do both, we done both today.

If Chelsea could finish theyd have gotten a draw at least. Some very poor defending on show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Felt like Salah should have cut back, found a team mate and held onto possession a bit more. He kept trying to outpace Tomori down the wing and Tomori is quick.

These really are the best of times for #LFC:
    TWO more all time records with win at Chelsea...

�� 7th successive away league win best in club history
    �� Klopp has 92 wins in 150th league game in charge - the best of any Liverpool manager EVER

https://twitter.com/MaddockMirror/status/1175825820276920322?s=20

Liverpool also the first top flight club to win there opening 6 games in back to back seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Massive.

Matip colossal. Best defender at the club for 9 months now.

Mane and Salah barely show and we still win at the Bridge.

What a fúcking team this is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Great win against a tough Chelsea. They played a brilliant game bar the finishing, it has to be said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

City fans don’t think they’re correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Adrian again done well, tough game as expected. Not the best display but a lovely 3 points. 6 out of 6, 15 wins in a row.....VAR doing an excellent job today with the correct offside decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

A win is a win is a win.

Poor performance though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

A win is a win is a win.

Poor performance though

I mean the first half was pretty good, atleast the first 15 of the second half were alright, sh!te last 30 though so overall i wouldn't say it was poor over the 90 but pretty average.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

2nd half's like today show why we do need Keita to get fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

A win is a win is a win.

Poor performance though

Our standards have gotten so damn high.

Chelsea barely had a chance that 2nd half.

We won ugly. It must be done sometimes. It's glorious and rivals despise these wins the most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Yep Adrian is rising to the occasion and if he keeps this up it'll present an interesting dilemma - should you drop a no 2 keeper who is hot?

There is Stats about everything eh :)
    Roberto Firmino now has as many headed PL goals as Huddersfield Town

https://twitter.com/oilysailor/status/1175803220167450624?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

We can defeat Rochdale midweek and make a title charge from there.

Sorry wrong thread.

MD1990 wrote: »
    2nd half's like today show why we do need Keita to get fit.

Wonder if he’ll be on the bench Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Is Lallanas contract up in May? Say he'll be left go, too many better options.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

10 clear of Utd after 6 matches 😂

Yep Adrian is rising to the occasion and if he keeps this up it'll present an interesting dilemma - should you drop a no 2 keeper who is hot?

Yep for me. He’s pulling off saves but there still isn’t that certainty in the back line that you get with having the best keeper in the world in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'm getting more and impressed with Adrian as the season goes on. If he was our number one keeper with Mignolet or Kelleher as our number 2, i wouldn't be overly happy and i'd be calling for us to go out and sign a world class goalkeeper.

But we've already done that and having him as our number 2 is superb. These run of games he's unexpectedly getting will do him good as he gets used to how we play, better than if he was just coming in cold for the MK match and having to wait around then for the next round should we get there.

This is a brilliant foundation for him to build on, something he obviously wouldn't have had without Alisson's injury which now becomes possibly a blessing in disguise in the long run as it seems we might just get away with it while at the same time building Adrian's confidence that he deserves to belong within this squad. We're absolutely fine in the goalkeeping department now, maybe for as long as i can remember.

I'd say he's a great character in the dressing room as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Would love to see salahs stats from today it seemed he gave the ball away every time he got it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

Chelsea 1 Liverpool 2 is the only stat that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

It just means Allison can be eased back in.

Fair play to Adrian. Club need to look after him.

Enormous win, not often we get them at the Bridge. Midfield and forwards struggled today but I thought our defensive trio of the two centre halfs and Adrian were fantastic, Chelsea got into our 3rd as easy as they liked but for all the possession and all the crosses into the box they didn't have many clear attempts thanks to Matip and van Dijk. Didn't think the two fullbacks were all that bad either, Chelsea got a lot of crosses in but none of them to good effect because of the two lads in the middle, it's not like they ever let their wingers beat them or get into the box.

The goals:

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

Adrian easily had his best game for us, big save at 1-1, much calmer on the ball, and an incredible save that ultimately didn't matter because it was offside, but impressive nonetheless:

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

His legs are just so long:

giphy.gif

This burst from Fab that lead to the foul for Trent's goal:

giphy.gif

Andy Robertson, 94 minutes on the legs, no problem:

giphy.gif

Still think Trent's booking for time-wasting is wholly undeserved, there's barely 15 seconds between the ball going out of play and him releasing the throw:

BlackWindingElver-size_restricted.gif

The foul for Firmino's goal, committed stupidly by the lad who just had a goal ruled out only moments earlier :p

giphy.gif

Bobby and Virg:

giphy.gif

Salah's one and only contribution to the game, somehow juking Tomori into injuring Christensen:

giphy.gif

I'm putting OJ on ignore until I have more internet.

• Advertisement

spockety wrote: »
    I think klopp knows what he's doing :-)

No offense but like what's the point of the website, the thread etc if this is the first response to any discussion on substitution policy?

I'm putting OJ on ignore until I have more internet.

2CFWiIM.gif?noredirect

Brewster, Shaq, Lallana, Gomez, Lovren, Milner, Ox all need to start against MK Dons.

Adrian

TAA
    Gomez
    Lovren
    Milner

Lallana as the 6
    Henderson

Salah
    Shaq
    Ox

Brewster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Why not throw Kelleher in, why risk Adrian when keepers are thin on the ground?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Kelleher should start, Hoever should start at right back.

No way should Salah start. Front three, Fabinho and VVD should not even travel

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Salah's one and only contribution to the game, somehow juking Tomori into injuring Christensen:

He got an assist for the TAA goal.

• Advertisement

Kelleher
    Hoever---Gomez----Lovren----Milner
    Lallana
    Hendo
    --Shaqiri----OxCham----Origi (if he is fit)
    Brewster

Adrian, Matip, Larouci, Fab, Keita, Elliott, Firmino

Keita is supposedly back for this game but the bench might be a wise first move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Fab for the goal we conceded was very poor, it was just one poor moment in months of football though. Hell know without being told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

The under 23s have a game against Fleetwood Town on Wednesday so that might reduce the number of youngsters available to Klopp. I suspect it'll be Shaq, Ox, Gomez, Lallana, Lovren, etc but that some of Larouci, Elliot, van der Berg, etc might be involved in the u23s game instead.

I hope Curtis Jones, Rhian Brewster and Ki-Jana Hoever are in the side, and I'd like to see Larouci or Lewis at left back. I'd pick out my starting 11 for the Saturday game and work backwards from there - none of those guys play unless it's totally unavoidable.

Fab for the goal we conceded was very poor, it was just one poor moment in months of football though. Hell know without being told.

Looked shattered tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Would be absolute madness to start either of the full backs, probably the only two lads we don't have a proper backup for that offers similar to what they do. If we can't rest them against MK dons when can we.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement