Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Couldn't care less about the league cup to be honest. Play kids and some fringe players.

The premier league is everything this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Fab for the goal we conceded was very poor, it was just one poor moment in months of football though. Hell know without being told.
    Totally. Couldn't believe what I was seeing, it was like an old man trying to run during a legends match.
    Needs a good rest...bloke is class. That will come this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

rob316 wrote: »
    Couldn't care less about the league cup to be honest. Play kids and some fringe players.

It’s useful to give the fringe players game time for sharpness and for that reason alone it would be nice to get a few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Say the same thing every year about the cups, it's an opportunity for the young lads to get game time and if they want more game time then they better win so there's another round to play in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It would be nice to get a couple of deep runs in the League and FA Cups against League 1 teams like City got last year to give the squad players lots of game time.

It would be nice to get a couple of deep runs in the League and FA Cups against League 1 teams like City got last year to give the squad players lots of game time.

City's FA Cup run last year must have been historically easy:

Rotheram
    Burnley
    Newport
    Swansea
    Brighton
    Watford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

City's FA Cup run last year must have been historically easy:

Rotheram
    Burnley
    Newport
    Swansea
    Brighton
    Watford

And they still needed help to beat Swansea.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

It's all about the luck of the draw as if the other PL sides draw each other & you avoid top sides you can fall into a semi final.
    The way the 4th round draw went there could be as many as 15 PL sides in the last 16.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I hope Klopp completely prioritises the league, even above the Champions League. I’d be up for playing the B team in both domestic cups.

12:30 game next Saturday against Sheffield Utd will be a very tough game on the other hand Man City should bang in another 6/7/8 against a broken Everton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Aside from some excellent saves, I don't think Adrian is getting the appreciation he deserves, especially given the circumstances. Filling in for a ball playing keeper, thrown in at the deep end a few days after he signs assuming he'll be kicking his heels up for a while - he's been a major part of our unbeaten start to the season especially when you look back at how destabilising someone like Mignolet was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

mosstin wrote: »
    Aside from some excellent saves, I don't think Adrian is getting the appreciation he deserves, especially given the circumstances. Filling in for a ball playing keeper, thrown in at the deep end a few days after he signs assuming he'll be kicking his heels up for a while - he's been a major part of our unbeaten start to the season especially when you look back at how destabilising someone like Mignolet was.

All expectations this far have been passed by a large margin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

On a personal level he must be on cloud 9. There a lot of decisions people make that can go either way but when it goes right it’s such an amazing feeling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

A nice win, and a very nice habit to be in.

Today was very big as we held off on the late Chelsea onslaught and still got the win. Small bit of a statement as there was talk during the week of Klopp not having a good record away to top 6 teams. This was his 3rd win at Stanford Bridge, against 3 different managers.

Main boys should have a week break now while the league cup is on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Adrians been great in fairness. But is there something up with our defence, maybe the stats dont bear it out but it feels like we are giving up more chances than at the end of last season.

He has stepped up over the last two or three games no doubt but it was looking very Mignoletesque for a while. Stupid mistakes with the ball at his feet. Almost every shot going past him, and when he did make saves they were palmed back into the box.

Hopefully it’s all straight forward til Alisson gets back but I’ll feel much better when he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

rob316 wrote: »

I disagree. I won't be roaring blue murder if we lose on Wednesday, but as a club and as a squad, i'd like us to get a bit of a run in this competition.

The longer the run, the more appearances squad/youth players have a greater chance to play.

Man City got very lucky with their cup draws last season, maybe we will now. MK are somebody we should be beating.

I'd actually like a run in this one and sure win it, let's just win everything if we can. City won the treble last season, so why can't we!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

I posted about him recently so I'll try not to repeat myself too much but he's been excellent... the lad had NO pre-season for f**ks sake. Signed for the club right before the season started and came in for the first game - didn't know his team-mates and needed to adjust immediately to a different style of football to what he was used to, and a massive increase in expectation - playing for the European champions after all. His only real mistake came in the Southampton game when he played with painkillers for his ankle injury, and Klopp specifically told the lads not to pass it to him unless necessary, and the mistake came from an umpteenth pass back. He's been brilliant, tbf, looks very comfortable on the ball now - his extra sessions are paying off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

We'll semi take it serious.

Gomez will start and so will Lovren.
    Milner and Ox will start, maybe Keita will see some game time.
    Shaqiri will start, and possibly Origi. I would hope that Brewster will some game time at the minimum.

Full back positions, 3rd CM & GK is up for grabs then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

City got lucky with the draw but their squad is incredible.

Liverpools is so thin you are struggling to pick a second striker to play alongside a kid who hasn't played a second of senior football once front 3 are removed.

monkey9 wrote: »
    I disagree. I won't be roaring blue murder if we lose on Wednesday, but as a club and as a squad, i'd like us to get a bit of a run in this competition.

The longer the run, the more appearances squad/youth players have a greater chance to play.

Man City got very lucky with their cup draws last season, maybe we will now. MK are somebody we should be beating.

I'd actually like a run in this one and sure win it, let's just win everything if we can. City won the treble last season, so why can't we!

Normally I would agree but this year, because of the WCC, it's a bit different. I think if we get to the League Cup quarters in December it becomes a fixture pile-up?

Is it possible that we reach the quarters and Pep takes the fringe squad who haven't travelled to the WCC, to the LC quarters? Is that allowed, even?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Another few games and he will have earned his winner's medal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

League Cup game i would go.

Kelleher
    Hoever Lovren Gomez Milner
    Lallana
    Keita Chamberlain
    Shaqiri Brewter Origi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Normally I would agree but this year, because of the WCC, it's a bit different. I think if we get to the League Cup quarters in December it becomes a fixture pile-up?

Is it possible that we reach the quarters and Pep takes the fringe squad who haven't travelled to the WCC, to the LC quarters? Is that allowed, even?

I'm not even thinking that far, let's just beat MK. Clearly, Klopp will put out a younger team, i truly hope he twinkles the line up with experience and the likes of Brewster sees us through.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Always great to beat Chelsea

• Advertisement

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Another few games and he will have earned his winner's medal

You only need 5 games for a medal these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Adrian is up there with mane, matip and Bobby as our best player so far this season, massive credit to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Tusky wrote: »
    I hope Klopp completely prioritises the league, even above the Champions League. I’d be up for playing the B team in both domestic cups.

This team is ready to win the league, the best Liverpool side in 30 years. A travesty if this team doesn't win one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

monkey9 wrote: »

I don't want to see any of our best 11 play but I agree that a run would be good but it has to be the squad players who achieve it. If they want more games then go win this one and earn them.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Fab for the goal we conceded was very poor, it was just one poor moment in months of football though. Hell know without being told.

I think you could see from his reaction after the goal he knew he'd ****ed up. Can't complain given how brilliant he's been.

• Advertisement

That Klopp stat for the first 150 games is impressive. Even more so when you consider that towards the end of two of his seasons we were prioritizing European games over league ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Adrian is up there with mane, matip and Bobby as our best player so far this season, massive credit to him

Fabinho is ahead of all them

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Fabinho is ahead of all them

Level pegging between Fab and Bobby, imo.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    That Klopp stat for the first 150 games is impressive. Even more so when you consider that towards the end of two of his seasons we were prioritizing European games over league ones.

Also add in the mediocrity he took over from ‘The Rodgers’.

Love these photos.

7p9va0tck7o31.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Brexit Army at play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Level pegging between Fab and Bobby, imo.

I'd go: Fabiniho, Firmino, Mane and Matip - in that order.

Salah looks very rusty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

EFGfl-Tp-U0-AAqg-L.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Tusky wrote: »
    I'd go: Fabiniho, Firmino, Mane and Matip - in that order.

Salah looks very rusty.

Yeah similar! That’s where I’d have them.... currently

Just been watching Benteke tripping over himself and missing countless 1 on 1s on MOTD yet again, it's a mystery how we got pretty much all our money back for him

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

noodler wrote: »
    No offense but like what's the point of the website, the thread etc if this is the first response to any discussion on substitution policy?

Ah jaysus.

Klopp, VVD & Ali off to Milan tomorrow for FIFA awards.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

Anyone read 16 conclusions on f365?

Love the website but that article annoyed me. Extremely harsh on VVD for one thing.

"Van Dijk was more at fault for the Kante goal, completely misjudged a cross from which Michy Batshuayi should have done better, played Mount onside for a chance late on and did not exude the same calm as usual. But he is tall and shouts a lot so will be described as ‘imperious’ and ‘commanding’ in subsequent player ratings."

I lost count of the number of the commanding headers he won. He marshalled the defence brilliantly for the 2nd half. He had the least blame on the Kante goal (Fabinho, Matip, Henderson more culpable) and yeah played Mount onside but that's the risk of the high line - see TAA...

Just seems overkill tabloid criticism on a player who is challenging for the ballon d'or.

F365 is usually far more balanced and well, factual?

Just me?

elbyrneo wrote: »

Love the website but that article annoyed me. Extremely harsh on VVD for one thing.

"Van Dijk was more at fault for the Kante goal, completely misjudged a cross from which Michy Batshuayi should have done better, played Mount onside for a chance late on and did not exude the same calm as usual. But he is tall and shouts a lot so will be described as ‘imperious’ and ‘commanding’ in subsequent player ratings."

I lost count of the number of the commanding headers he won. He marshalled the defence brilliantly for the 2nd half. He had the least blame on the Kante goal (Fabinho, Matip, Henderson more culpable) and yeah played Mount onside but that's the risk of the high line - see TAA...

Just seems overkill tabloid criticism on a player who is challenging for the ballon d'or.

Just me?

Correct on the three points imo

Tall and imperious point is bollox.

spockety wrote: »
    Ah jaysus.

I think Christ knows what he's doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lovren wrote that article.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Hopefully Everton and United will still have the same managers when we play them.

It's looking less likely though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

ebbsy wrote: »
    Hopefully Everton and United will still have the same managers when we play them.

It's looking less likely though.

You can't fire Solskjaer after 1 window. He's on the same points as Chelsea and Spurs and their fans would riot if their managers were sacked today.

They put the eggs in his basket, doesn't look like it was the right decision but you at least need to see how it plays out, you hired him for good reasons I'm sure and they won't have been "challenge at the top of the table in September"

Long long way to go and that also goes for anyone talking about us being in a title race

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

elbyrneo wrote: »

Just me?

Its was about 5 years ago, its an agenda driven rag at the moment, which is a shame.

Its as sensationalist as the sites/pages they take the piss out of on Mediawatch.

Great win yesterday, incredible run the team are on in the league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Love these photos.

Should be on the front of National Geographic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement