Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

tinpib wrote: »
    Should be on the front of National Geographic.

Like this :

https://twitter.com/MrBoywunder/status/1175892751818330115?s=20

Oh and look at this one :

https://twitter.com/Sennesation/status/1175888403113619456?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

MD1990 wrote: »
    League Cup game i would go.

Kelleher
    Hoever Lovren Gomez Milner
    Lallana
    Keita Chamberlain
    Shaqiri Brewter Origi

I don't think Keita will be thrown in that quick, I would play Adam Lewis at LB and Milner in midfield. Also think Elliot or Jones might play midfield, maybe Ox can play higher up if Origi isn't back...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Its was about 5 years ago, its an agenda driven rag at the moment, which is a shame.

Its as sensationalist as the sites/pages they take the piss out of on Mediawatch.

Great win yesterday, incredible run the team are on in the league

That might be a little harsh on Van Dijk but it's not actually untrue. Pointing out the errors in an otherwise solid game isn't exactly unfair. Though I wouldn't say he was most at fault for the goal and even if he was, it's not like he let a clinical striker have a clear shot in the box - him, matip and van Dijk blocked the passing lanes from a CM outside the box. It wasn't exactly calamity defending, even if they could have done More.

F365 is garbage, though. All their best writers moved on in the last few years and the current crop aren't up to much. Their entire agenda seems to be to just take the opposite of the prevailing viewpoint and argue that. They tend to be accused of bias a lot but I don't think they really are against any particular clubs; they criticise the top sides pretty evenly, they champion less heralded players, etc.

But the tone is quite sanctimonious at times and I can't be dealing with that so I never bother with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I remarked to someone yesterday, if Chelsea had a crap season I'd be pushing hard for Kante. Him and Fab would be a pairing that does everything you want in central midfield. And he'd suit us very well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Dickerty wrote: »
    I remarked to someone yesterday, if Chelsea had a crap season I'd be pushing hard for Kante. Him and Fab would be a pairing that does everything you want in central midfield. And he'd suit us very well!

I don't think they would compatible in the same starting 11, midfield would be absolutely rock solid but I think we would lack abit in creativity from the midfield

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Klopp kould kreate a kreative Kante

Fabby
    --Kante--Keita

That kould be a komplete bastard of a midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

Fabby
    --Kante--Keita

Koulibaly in the backline as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Fabby
    --Kante--Keita

Surprised you're still championing Keita tbh, we have seen next to nothing from him, odd moment here or there, certainly done nothing to bench Gini or Hendo for anyway.

I'll champion Keita until he gets a fair run and fails - a bit like with Matip eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Surprised you're still championing Keita tbh, we have seen next to nothing from him, odd moment here or there, certainly done nothing to bench Gini or Hendo for anyway.

They are the 2 players that get rotated the most so its not far fetched.
    People sometimes say Wijnaldum is underappreciated & I think he's rated at about the correct level. Great some weeks and others you forget he's playing.
    Henderson is more improved away from the no.6 position but at times he flies too far forward & I think the opposition aren't going to go with his run anyway as he's never been a goal threat.

The game yesterday bothered me more watching it on MOTD2 last night. Had City went 2 up like we did they would have went for a 3rd or 4th, Chelsea replaced half of their defense in the first half yet we didnt get much out of it. Last season we could afford to sit back & absorb pressure but this season we give away more chances that the opposition doesn't have to work hard to make.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

You can see what lampard is trying to do at Chelsea,play good stuff,soft at the back but not his fault ..

Utd on the other hand are just all over the place. Fancy Chelsea and arsenal to finish above them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

Milner wasn't great yesterday, Lallana didn't really get a lot of time to get involved.

Hopefully the MK Dons game is a good opportunity for lads to stake a case for being an option off the bench.

Appreciate that Keita is only back from injury but realistically this is the best chance to get some minutes for him.

It would be great to see Kelleher get a game also.

Kelleher

Hoever Lovren Van Der Berg Gomez

Ox Lallana Keita

Shaq Brewster Origi

I'd like to see Gomez at LB just to see if that's a valid option. More likely Milner will play there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Keita has missed 180 days through injury since joining Liverpool last summer. At this stage he is fighting to save his future at Liverpool, not getting a run of 6 months in starting lineup to prove himself.

Wijnaldum hasn't missed a day through injury since signing and been terrific so why should be be dropped?

You can see what lampard is trying to do at Chelsea,play good stuff,soft at the back but not his fault ..

Utd on the other hand are just all over the place. Fancy Chelsea and arsenal to finish above them.

I think they are a little naive in the amount of players they commit forward but their main issue is the quality of players, which is not his fault.

Neither Alonso nor Emerson are any good on the left and I think Tomori and Christensen can do well but they probably need a more senior CB with them, which I presume Rudiger will do when fit.

Kante is the linchpin for the team, though, so I think their results will improve now that he is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

Dickerty wrote: »
    I don't think Keita will be thrown in that quick, I would play Adam Lewis at LB and Milner in midfield. Also think Elliot or Jones might play midfield, maybe Ox can play higher up if Origi isn't back...

Adam Lewis isn't listed in the first team squad on the official website so if it isn't Milner left back it'll probably be Larouci

GOALKEEPERS

Alisson Becker
    Adrian
    Andy Lonergan
    Caoimhin Kelleher

DEFENDERS

Nathaniel Clyne
    Virgil van Dijk
    Dejan Lovren
    Joe Gomez
    Andy Robertson
    Joel Matip
    Ki-Jana Hoever
    Yasser Larouci
    Trent Alexander-Arnold
    Sepp van den Berg

MIDFIELDERS

Fabinho
    Georginio Wijnaldum
    James Milner
    Naby Keita
    Jordan Henderson
    Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
    Adam Lallana
    Xherdan Shaqiri
    Curtis Jones
    Harvey Elliott

FORWARDS

Roberto Firmino
    Sadio Mane
    Mohamed Salah
    Rhian Brewster
    Divock Origi

100% forgot that Clyne was still at the club and injured, not sold in the summer...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I'll champion Keita until he gets a fair run and fails - a bit like with Matip eh?

I don't see the Matip comparison tbh, he was excellent when he first arrived, the 2nd coming of Hansen he was described as by some, then he just went off the boil. Keita has barely showed anything more than a glimpse of form, he's beginning to make Sturridge look sturdy at this stage too.

It's just you're talking about fantasy line ups with Kante in it who I would agree with but throwing Keita in that is crazily optimistic at this stage, hopefully he comes good obviously.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Also add in the mediocrity he took over from ‘The Rodgers’.

This has been brought up before, but there's no need to use "The Rodgers" or any other joke name for players or staff at this stage flogging a long since dead horse for a point or dig. Use his name and compare his record no problem.

It's a general note for this thread, open to mod interpretation but as a repeat offender it is your last warning on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Brendan wouldn't mind "the Rodgers", so why should we be bothered by it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

Has Martin Tyler stopped crying yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

garra wrote: »

Seems a very strange warning to be giving from the moderators considering the very open and blatant trolling they are letting go and the deleting of post so not showing if actions have been taken which goes again what they said would happen in the feedback thread time to take a break from this football forum as there seems to be agenda at play between posters and mods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Seems a very strange warning to be giving from the moderators considering the very open and blatant trolling they are letting go and the deleting of post so not showing if actions have been taken which goes again what they said would happen in the feedback thread time to take a break from this football forum as there seems to be agenda at play between posters and mods.

Quoted just in case.

Quoted just in case.

In case they forget to delete your post :pac:

Anyway, can we get someone to contact all the Premier League, Championship and Scottish Premiership managers for a copy of their birth certs, just so they can be addressed appropriately. That should cover it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

What about all the pops you have at my expense? Probably in double figures at this point. But, yeah, I'm sure you have no agenda yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Putting the word "the" before a surname is pure evil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

B_ecke_r wrote: »
    Has Martin Tyler stopped crying yet?

saw the highlights today the disappointment over the disallowed Chelsea goal was palpable and wonderful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I don't think they would compatible in the same starting 11, midfield would be absolutely rock solid but I think we would lack abit in creativity from the midfield

Let's be honest our midfield can't have any less creativity then now, our midfield is not set up or manned to be creative, our creativity comes from our full backs it's done by design, Kante would fit like a glove beside fab

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Quoted just in case.

You do realise your one of the biggest trollers on here right

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Let's be honest our midfield can't have any less creativity then now, our midfield is not set up or manned to be creative, our creativity comes from our full backs it's done by design, Kante would fit like a glove beside fab

Gini, Fab and Kante. Damn, it would be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Klopp, VVD & Ali hopefully take home the big awards tonight.

Ali should walk the goalkeeper one anyway.

Neil Jones reporting that Caoimhin will get his senior debut against MK Dons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Looking forward to Saturday going to a bit surreal seen my younger brothers best friend John Egan up against Liverpool in the PL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

rob316 wrote: »
    Looking forward to Saturday going to a bit surreal seen my younger brothers best friend John Egan up against Liverpool in the PL.

Nice one. Egan’s dad (RIP) was some Gaelic Footballer.

eigrod wrote: »
    Nice one. Egan’s dad (RIP) was some Gaelic Footballer.

Great player. You wouldn't meet a nicer fella than John too.

rob316 wrote: »
    Great player. You wouldn't meet a nicer fella than John too.

Well, unless it was after he collared you in Bishopstown station (the dad, that is). Not that I’d know of course :)

eigrod wrote: »
    Well, unless it was after he collared you in Bishopstown station. Not that I’d know of course :)

Nah I was talking about John jr :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

Great to see Egan and the other Irish lads do well at Sheffield United, I hope they do well this year.

Hope for Kellehers sake we get the win in the league cup and he gets the chance to get a few games in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

City's performances are a little schizophrenic this season. I think we just need cool heads and the gritty determination to keep winning games, and let the rest look after itself.
    Adrian finding clean sheets are hard to come by, but he is keeping the dirt down to 1 goal and doing well at that. We have 2 decent goalies for the first time in ages.
    Still waiting on Keita and the Ox to add energy to our midefield, it was a hectic game yesterday and was clear we suffered a little in terms of energy - we need rotation options for midfield. Lallana and Shaq are not where it's at.

We are so blessed to witness the fitness of our front 3 on a weekly basis, but realistically they cannot play so intensively at that level without coming unstuck at some point of season. Salah could do with a rest at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

City's performances are a little schizophrenic this season. I think we just need cool heads and the gritty determination to keep winning games, and let the rest look after itself.
    Adrian finding clean sheets are hard to come by, but he is keeping the dirt down to 1 goal and doing well at that. We have 2 decent goalies for the first time in ages.
    Still waiting on Keita and the Ox to add energy to our midefield, it was a hectic game yesterday and was clear we suffered a little in terms of energy - we need rotation options for midfield. Lallana and Shaq are not where it's at.

We are so blessed to witness the fitness of our front 3 on a weekly basis, but realistically they cannot play so intensively at that level without coming unstuck at some point of season. Salah could do with a rest at the minute.

He had a week off 2 weeks ago at the last international break :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Indeed, that rest may have robbed him and Mane of some match sharpness. I doubt it but both were poor yesterday and in midweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Salah has basically played football non stop for 3 years now including playing in the WC injured without a major break I wouldn't want to see what happened to Sanchez and that kind of burnout happen to Salah or Mane for that matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Salah has basically played football non stop for 3 years now including playing in the WC injured without a major break I wouldn't want to see what happened to Sanchez and that kind of burnout happen to Salah or Mane for that matter.

Sell them both to Utd for £1B in 2 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Haven't been arsed posting here the last few days with the state of things, but I'm quoting this again for truth. The amount of shít that's been let slide in here lately is scary. Didn't think there was any agenda, just inactive modding, but with that warning given while the real problems are ignored I'm beginning to wonder if there is indeed protection given to certain posters and possibly any multiple accounts (before anyone of the stalkers go reporting that, I have an admission from a cMod in my PMs a good while back that they believe this to be happening also).

Does anyone on this entire forum really believe that it's a coincidence that while we're dominating and Man United are floundering, that new accounts have popped up with the intention of causing as much disruption as possible? It'd be hilarious if I didn't feel so sorry for them.

I just want this to be an enjoyable thread for everyone to post in again, like everyone else I'm sure. It's hard lines that even the mods seemingly want something else entirely. It isn't that hard of a problem to fix tbh.

I'm pretty certain all of this has been said in the feedback thread already (which has been mostly ignored, as is tradition in the soccer forum) so I'm not "questioning mod action" or whatever you want to call it. If this post gets a sanction for god knows what reason because there really isn't a valid one, it just proves everything above absolutely right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Martyos121 eloquently saying it like it is. Fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭jem

dmigsy wrote: »
    Sell them both to Utd for £1B in 2 years.
    Na 2 billion with a right to buy back if they dont hit certian targets for 20% of the price.
    Thye just go on strike then and we up biggly

martyos121 wrote: »
    Haven't been arsed posting here the last few days with the state of things, but I'm quoting this again for truth. The amount of shít that's been let slide in here lately is scary. Didn't think there was any agenda, just inactive modding, but with that warning given while the real problems are ignored I'm beginning to wonder if there is indeed protection given to certain posters and possibly any multiple accounts (before anyone of the stalkers go reporting that, I have an admission from a cMod in my PMs a good while back that they believe this to be happening also).

Does anyone on this entire forum really believe that it's a coincidence that while we're dominating and Man United are floundering, that new accounts have popped up with the intention of causing as much disruption as possible? It'd be hilarious if I didn't feel so sorry for them.

I just want this to be an enjoyable thread for everyone to post in again, like everyone else I'm sure. It's hard lines that even the mods seemingly want something else entirely. It isn't that hard of a problem to fix tbh.

I'm pretty certain all of this has been said in the feedback thread already (which has been mostly ignored, as is tradition in the soccer forum) so I'm not "questioning mod action" or whatever you want to call it. If this post gets a sanction for god knows what reason because there really isn't a valid one, it just proves everything above absolutely right.

Can you point out some of this "shit" as you call it? I'm genuinely curious. There seems to be a lot of tin foil hattery going on and posts like this just make everything worse. (imo of course)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

MD1990 wrote: »
    League Cup game i would go.

Kelleher
    Hoever Lovren Gomez Milner
    Lallana
    Keita Chamberlain
    Shaqiri Brewter Origi

That team should be beating any team from the championship and below handy enough. I know football doesn't always work that way but that's still a strong team with a lot of quality on paper. The only downside is that it's unfamiliar so they're at a disadvantage playing against a teams regular starting 11.

I heard Agent Coulson was in fact Potential Underachiever was in fact Turtyturd but is in fact Spirit of the Seventies!!! :eek:

martyos121 wrote: »

Agree 100% with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

I see loads of bans in the prison section for people setting up another account having had one banned, if mods can detect that how can they not detect it here if it is the case?

You'd want to be very dedicated strange person to be setting up vpns or whatever to have multiple accounts for trolling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

.G. wrote: »
    I see loads of bans in the prison section for people setting up another account having had one banned, if mods can detect that how can they not detect it here if it is the case?

You'd want to be very dedicated strange person to be setting up vpns or whatever to have multiple accounts for trolling.

Unfortunately, that's how dedicated some of these trolls are, they will slip up some day and come in on the correct IP and it will be a case of :

scoobbb.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement