Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭54and56

Muahahaha wrote: »
    If Coutinho does end up at Spurs it'll be interesting to see what wage he is on. His Barca wage is reported as €200k a week but he'll have to take a cut. I think if he can be got for €150k a week we should consider taking him back. He is on record as saying he wants to come back and Klopp has said he is too expensive which seems to suggest that he would like him back if the money was right. Id say Phil would take a lesser wage to come back to us rather than Spurs. He'd also be coming back with a point to prove.

A front set of Son, Kane, Deli Alli, Coutinho and Dybala would be seriously frightening.

Not sure he'd take less of a wage to come to us Vs Spurs but if the financials were acceptable I'd love to see him back as he offers something different which could be very beneficial Vs park the bus teams in particular.

I also don't have my nose out of joint about his move to Barca. That's life, he's a Brazilian professional who engineered and got his dream move. It looks like it hasn't worked out but he's still a very good player at the right age and PL proven with something to prove as you say.

Even some personal relationships go through mini break ups before both people accept that maybe the grass isn't greener on the other side and the best person (substitute club) for them is what they already had.

It takes maturity to accept such situations whereas the easy and immature thing to do is to burn your bridges and possibly lose out on rekindling a relationship which could benefit both parties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

This is it wrote: »
    Whatever about Spurs getting Phil or Dybala, I can't see them getting both... Big money on wages for both and then transfer/loan fees. 60/70m odd for Dybala and a reported 25/27m loan fee for Phil

And £60m for Ndombele. Levy backed out of the Le Celso transfer because the fee was to high and was dragging his heels on Sessigion as well so definitely couldn't see him oking 25m for Couthino for a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Another outgoing

George johnston off to feyenoord on a permanent deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

54&56 wrote: »
    I also don't have my nose out of joint about his move to Barca. That's life, he's a Brazilian professional who engineered and got his dream move. It looks like it hasn't worked out but he's still a very good player at the right age and PL proven with something to prove as you say.

100% on this, I know peoples noses were out of joint over the manner in which he left but when you take the raw emotion out of it he is still a superb player who has done it for us before and could do it again. He can unlock a defence in tight games and he can score from distance, which is something we've been missing and never replaced since he left.

Come back Phil, all is forgiven :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd take Dybala & or Eriksson over Coutinho any day of the week and they would be cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

I'd like to see Coutinho back at Liverpool on loan. Better cover for the front 3 than the current options and could play in midfield against weaker opposition. Terrific player who could slot straight in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I won't reply to all of this but just a few points...

You enticed me in with this teaser and then wrote a small novel I felt obliged to read :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭ebbsy

dmigsy wrote: »
    I'd like to see Coutinho back at Liverpool on loan. Better cover for the front 3 than the current options and could play in midfield against weaker opposition. Terrific player who could slot straight in.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

gimli2112 wrote: »
    You enticed me in with this teaser and then wrote a small novel I felt obliged to read :)

That's how you get 'em. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Smart business by Spurs. That makes them a huge threat this season if it goes through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Vicxas wrote: »
    Smart business by Spurs. That makes them a huge threat this season if it goes through

Except they haven't done it yet. 29 hours to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

As far as I'm concerned no one has come close to closing the gap to Liverpool/City. Fully confident we will be top 2 again, Spurs had a good chance to strengthen but haven't, United have a crap midfield and front 3 still, arsenal still haven't bought a defender.

We didn't buy anyone but the team is fully integrated and should hit the ground running. We have some of the best players in the world and the best coach, plenty to be optimistic about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭Talisman

dmigsy wrote: »
    Coutinho would be a luxury player, a nice to have option for certain scenarios but the team has evolved since he left and the only way he could slot straight in is if the team tactics were adapted to suit him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Talisman wrote: »
    Coutinho would be a luxury player, a nice to have option for certain scenarios but the team has evolved since he left and the only way he could slot straight in is if the team tactics were adapted to suit him.

This totally sums it up for me, he might be nice to have but we certainly don't need him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

rob316 wrote: »
    As far as I'm concerned no one has come close to closing the gap to Liverpool/City. Fully confident we will be top 2 again, Spurs had a good chance to strengthen but haven't, United have a crap midfield and front 3 still, arsenal still haven't bought a defender.

We didn't buy anyone but the team is fully integrated and should hit the ground running. We have some of the best players in the world and the best coach, plenty to be optimistic about.

Any one that says Pogba is crap needs to take a break for awhile. United are a few players away from being frightening .

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    And Pearce is doing a Q&A with the Athletic were he has said:

- Reina wanted to come back to the club but Liverpool preferred Adrian

- Liverpool haven't completely ruled out signing someone before Thursday. Klopp said in preseason he was looking at one particular position.

Don't know if Pearce means LB or the attacking spots tbh.

Pearce now saying on the Athletic that he has now been told it's highly unlikely that Liverpool will sign anyone.

In 24 hours his source has gone not ruling out signing someone to highly unlikely they will sign someone.

In 24 hours his source has gone not ruling out signing someone to highly unlikely they will sign someone.

Not a massive leap in fairness.

Any one that says Pogba is crap needs to take a break for awhile. United are a few players away from being frightening .

A few?

2 defenders
    2 midfielders
    1 striker

Assuming AWB and Maguire settle well, De Gea finds his brain, and Lukaku stays and plays well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭Talisman

Thankfully Man Utd are taking their time about sorting out the issues in their playing squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I dont think they will all finish 30 points behind us next season tbh so technically they will have closen the gap to us & City.
    Spurs more or less had the same season we had the season before last by falling over the line in the league and finishing runners up in a European final. Now they've brought in Ndombele & are trying to sign Coutinho or Dybala so I can't see how they haven't improved their squad, unless you really rate Trippier.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

It's going to be some 27 hours till the window closes tomorrow.

Is it just Kent left in the squad that we will let go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Yeah some teams got better but it's not like there was only a couple points between us and them last year, there was a 25 point gap between 2nd and 3rd.

Philips signs a long term contract and goes out on a season long loan to Stuttgart.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1159079296620748800?s=20

Is it just Kent left in the squad that we will let go?

Yep - Nat Phillips just gone on loan to Stuttgart.

Some size of midfield going on.

If we assume Klopp will always start with Fabinho then who will the other two be ?

I’m asking who we think Klopp will start beside him.

I would argue he’d like to get Keita in there and then maybe Ox ?

But Henderson and Gini have been really good for him so will he be ruthless enough to drop them ?

Who do we think Klopp wants as his midfield 3 ? - (ps, not who you would want)

Klopp said Lallana would play the 6 role this season so imagine then he will replace Fab in that role when needed.

That leaves Henderson, Gini, Keita & Milner being rotated heavily during the season.

Ox, Shaq I guess will mix between the midfield and the front 3.

Outside the back 5 I can see a lot of rotating within the midfield and front 3.

ERG89 wrote: »
    I dont think they will all finish 30 points behind us next season tbh so technically they will have closen the gap to us & City.
    Spurs more or less had the same season we had the season before last by falling over the line in the league and finishing runners up in a European final. Now they've brought in Ndombele & are trying to sign Coutinho or Dybala so I can't see how they haven't improved their squad, unless you really rate Trippier.

Exactly, trying.

Its only all last minute transfer scutter anway I'd say if they were really serious these deals would of been done by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Dickerty wrote: »
    A few?

2 defenders
    2 midfielders
    1 striker

Assuming AWB and Maguire settle well, De Gea finds his brain, and Lukaku stays and plays well.

De Gea had one bad season , probably still the best keeper in the league , AWB and Maguire should be improvements and could fill a hole there. Lukaku is a 20 goals a season player, Do they really need 2 new mid fielders , Id say one , and they will have a very good team if that team clicks could be dangerous.

I dont rate Ole and think that where they will fail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

United are shi*e, and Leicester took them to the cleaners with the Maguire deal. They're a Europa League team, not on Liverpools level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Maguire makes United better and they have more money than just about anyone. I don't think it's a terrible deal for them.

I think the gap between the top 2 and the rest shortens somewhat this year. I believe City and Liverpool will still be the frontrunners, but the rest I expect to all make up some ground and actually take some points in the respective heads to heads.

One player doesn't make a midfield especially when that player doesn't want to be there and only performs when he feels like it.

They are 5 players away from challenging city and probably a top coach too.

While they have signed a good rb and cb, they are actually weaker in midfield this season with fellani and Herrera gone.

That club is a shambles no ambition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i've said it before - we should be all over Zaha. even if it's £60m. he'd have to be ok with being a squad player, but if he was, it's a no-brainer.

we're fúcked at the moment if Salah or Mane get crocked.

also, Zaha can cover every forward position. he'd be the perfect guy if any of the front 3 needed a rest because the step down in pace, trickery and all round quality would not be as drastic as it currently is.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Along as a replacement for the front 3, he could also be the difference from the bench in a tricky game.

SlickRic wrote: »
    i've said it before - we should be all over Zaha. even if it's £60m. he'd have to be ok with being a squad player, but if he was, it's a no-brainer.

I think he'd be ideal too, but not at £80M. Everton have pushed the price up for the rest of us.

Some suggestions that Shaq could leave to Monaco? If that happens, then another attacker incoming is a MUST. But would we really do that much in the final 24 hours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

SlickRic wrote: »

we're fúcked at the moment if Salah or Mane get crocked.

also, Zaha can cover every forward position. he'd be the perfect guy if any of the front 3 needed a rest because the step down in pace, trickery and all round quality would not be as drastic as it currently is.

Would he be happy to sit on the bench and not start games ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

if he has any ambition, I'd hope that he'd accept it. but yes, it would be dependent on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I would want a player who believes he can displace one of the front 3.

Firmino was very good last year but can have his off games. Mane is very good through the centre too.

Zaha is a superb signing for anyone in the top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Not a chance. Especially not after his experience with United first time around.

Incredibly unrealistic signing from multiple perspectives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

MD1990 wrote: »
    I would want a player who believes he can displace one of the front 3.

Firmino was very good last year but can have his off games. Mane is very good through the centre too.

Zaha is a superb signing for anyone in the top 4.

I agree with 2 out of 3 pieces here.

If we get a LW, we can move Mane into the middle for some games if Firmino is having an off-day or being rested. I think a LW could solve our 4 into 3 problem as Mane & Salah can both play RW, Firmino, Salah & Mane can all play CF and then LW is just Mane. Another LW gives 2 options for each position.

I don't think that Zaha is the answer to our problem though. Dare I say it.....but Richarlison anyone?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,574 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Swap him for Balde.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Nonsense click bait - said he'd already turned down a move to China this window....

Kids are about to kick off against Oldham, Sepp and Elliot start, water based viewing options are out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,199 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

ERG89 wrote: »
    Find the transfer activity a bit baffling this summer tbh. Even the outgoings. The bosman's should have been sold already same with Clyne who got injured after we played him so will leave for nothing next summer. Signing Adrian should have happened 6 weeks ago instead we gave Mignolet games and brought a goalie who was a free agent to the states for a glorified holiday. Even Mignolet we got the bare minimum fee for him at the end of the day.
    Would have been nice to have the backup keeper in sooner, but, like it doesn't really matter... as for the fee, that felt like good will on the clubs part, giving him a move back to Belgium to a team who could not otherwise have afforded him.
    Wilson going on a flat loan with no obligation to buy which even we got with Danny Ings.
    Think this is backwards - for anything less than 25 million, the club would rather see how he gets on in the premier league.
    The lack of incomings then....if there is one thing our preseason showed was the disparity between the starting XI and our squad. People can say Klopp likes to wait for his signings but the only thing that held up Van Dijk then was waiting to sell Coutinho we still paid the quoted fee to Southampton anyway.

No... the only thing that held up VVD was being caught tapping him up and having to pull back with a public apology for 6 months. Had Klopp not been caught, they'd have bought him before the Coutinho story even started.
    But if you can't sign a senior player after you win the Champions League and even just the financial windfall of just playing in the Premier League I don't know when you can. I can see us not buying in January as usually it's dead unless you lose a key player so potentially we could go 2 years without signing a player who could make the senior team which is odd for a team who just made 2 Champions League finals the last 15 months.

As with many of us, i'd rather we brought in more depth - especially at fullback - but there's a difference between "can't sign a senior player" and "choose not to sign a senior player". For better or worse he's happy with what he has. Dunno where you're getting you're getting your 2 years from - that would imply we didn't sign anyone for the senior team last year, when obviously we vastly improved last summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Sure even if we signed Messi tomorrow he probably wouldn't get a proper full game till January anyway the way Klopp works.

We would then have calls to sell him in November by some.

Was slightly funny the first time, not funny the 2nd time and hasn't been funny since, you truly are tiring

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭.G.

Why not wait and see who signs who before fretting about it?

Worried about Coutinho going to Spurs then he turns them down, worried for nothing.

Worried about Eriksen/Dybala going to United then they turn them down, same as.

Whoever signs who it still may not make them stronger and no reason why we can't be without signing anyone given the players who played very little last season should play much more this one.

In short, leave the fretting until it's warranted if we've started the season sh!te and our rivals are miles ahead which won't happen if the performance second half against City is anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Would have been nice to have the backup keeper in sooner, but, like it doesn't really matter... as for the fee, that felt like good will on the clubs part, giving him a move back to Belgium to a team who could not otherwise have afforded him.

Think this is backwards - for anything less than 25 million, the club would rather see how he gets on in the premier league.

No... the only thing that held up VVD was being caught tapping him up and having to pull back with a public apology for 6 months. Had Klopp not been caught, they'd have bought him before the Coutinho story even started.

As with many of us, i'd rather we brought in more depth - especially at fullback - but there's a difference between "can't sign a senior player" and "choose not to sign a senior player". For better or worse he's happy with what he has. Dunno where you're getting you're getting your 2 years from - that would imply we didn't sign anyone for the senior team last year, when obviously we vastly improved last summer.

Had we bid 75m for Van Dijk they'd have taken it but he wasn't coming in without Coutinho going & Barca went for Dembele that summer instead.
    As far as match goes this past January we didnt sign anyone, this summer the same, I don't expect us to spend in January as nobody in the league really did this past January, so that would be no new signings until summer 2020. How far is that from last summer???? 2 years yeah??

As far as choosing to buy I don't believe for a second Klopp didn't want anyone in after missing out on the league by a point. The money wasn't there this summer, the reason for that I don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

Was slightly funny the first time, not funny the 2nd time and hasn't been funny since, you truly are tiring

Your obsession with Coulson and Turtyturd and constant quoting of them to have a dig is more tiring. That post is from yesterday and yet you continue this crap by dragging comments back into conversation. You constantly do this please stop and let it rest you don't like there posts good we all know now. So do yourself and the rest of us a favour and put them on ignore. That goes for everyone else who has a hardon for those posters just ignore them and stop quoting them and continuing on the bull**** in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I have a feeling there is someone big lined up for Jan or next summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭chicorytip

SlickRic wrote:

SlickRic wrote:

Zaha is a no-brainer alright but not in the sense you mean. Watching him play is frustrating enough, managing him must be an ordeal.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement