Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

Thought we were on tonight, tomorrow it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Great news today that Klopp is saying when he leaves that Stevie would be the right man to follow him.

I knew you'd like that in the way you know I don't! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Great news today that Klopp is saying when he leaves that Stevie would be the right man to follow him.

Not sure what's great about that.

Ole is proving why what you did as a player shouldn't have any bearing on your future managerial job potentials.

Not saying Gerrard isn't good enough but he's doing what he's supposed to do at rangers..I think any manager could be second best to Celtic. Big whoop..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

It’d be very similar to replacing Ferguson with Moyes imo.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    It’d be very similar to replacing Ferguson with Moyes imo.

Fergie hand picked him too. Moyes would do a better job than the current manager imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I think Klopp is as good as gone after his current contract unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭facehugger99

The state of the Man City strip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭This is it

ricero wrote: »
    I think Klopp is as good as gone after his current contract unfortunately

When is that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

If Klopp gives his blessing, what more do you want?

Club legend to take on the mantle, no problem with that whatsoever, surprised at the 'negging' going on about it tbh.

Obviously it might go tits up, but it could with any manager.

It will be a step down no matter who comes in after Klopp tbh, he certainly can't be upgraded on.

I'm open to any suggestions that would be a slam dunk pick to succeed Klopp.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

It's such a downer thinking of Klopp leaving. We've just gotten into a position of strength, it could all come crumbling down soon afterwards. Just seems a bit grim. I hope he stays, but it looks so unlikely now.

tumblr_pr5qfkpbxg1rpz8s2o7_250.gif

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Club legend to take on the mantle, no problem with that whatsoever, surprised at the 'negging' going on about it tbh.

It will be a step down no matter who comes in after Klopp tbh, he certainly can't be upgraded on.

I'd want a hell of a lot more than someone who's been finishing 2nd in a 2 horse race. His club legend status means nothing, nor should it. Celtic are in transition, have reappointed someone they deemed surplus to requirements previously and still Rangers can't lay a glove on them. I'd be hoping we leave the next managerial appointment to the footballing experts at the club and not taking a chance on misty-eyed nostalgia.

If Klopp left, I think we should try to lure Papa Benítez back to steady the ship, he is still a very intelligent man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Wouldn't want Gerrard at all as manager. I'd prefer our own Pep to take over from Klopp.

mosstin wrote: »
    I'd want a hell of a lot more than someone who's been finishing 2nd in a 2 horse race. His club legend status means nothing, nor should it. Celtic are in transition, have reappointed someone they deemed surplus to requirements previously and still Rangers can't lay a glove on them. I'd be hoping we leave the next managerial appointment to the footballing experts at the club and not taking a chance on misty-eyed nostalgia.

Hopefully the days of appointing managers out of their depth are gone, at least for a good while. Hodgson and Rodgers were ultimately not good enough. Klopp is on a different level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Gerrard looks to be a very different style of manager to Klopp. How he talks about players post match, giving an insight into his man-management, and the rate at which he signs players are obvious examples, 30 or so in the last year. But if he turns out to be successful, you can’t argue with that.

Personally my preference for a Klopp replacement would be someone from within. Someone familiar with how Klopp has worked, how he fits in with the transfer committee and someone who sees their job as a continuation of, rather than replacement for Klopp’s work.

Given the recent success of the club in replacing players, I’d be pretty damn confident in their ability to identify a suitable Klopp replacement.

Of course I hope such a scenario is a long way off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

.G. wrote: »

Grand time for atleast a league title and number 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Plenty of United legends, including Ferguson I believe, backed “olE At tHe whEeL”. It’d be cool not to see an LFC version of that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The likelihood is Gerrard will turn into another Roy Keane as a manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Would love to see Rafa as Alonsos side kick if Klopp goes.....maybe even Tuchel from PSG

Based on what?

Ye Alonso would be my pick of ex players to take over as manager at some stage in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Damien360

?

As an angry man ? He appears to be doing well in Scotland (not a good enough league IMO) but I still don’t want him as Liverpool manager unless he earns his stripes in a better league first.

Damien360 wrote: »
    ?

As an angry man ? He appears to be doing well in Scotland (not a good enough league IMO) but I still don’t want him as Liverpool manager unless he earns his stripes in a better league first.

As a world class player who can't get average players to be as good as he was or his team mates were and that will frustrate him and his players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Julian Nagelsmann

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Gerrard looks like he's doing well in Scotland, but he's not ready for a big job just yet. Get a body of work behind him, win a few trophies, see how he does at a bigger club and show he can make the step up and when the time is right he'll get his chance. His appointment is a risk we do not have to take.......I would rather him get the job on merit and I have no doubt he'll think the same. I would hope the club will have a clear idea of how it will transition post Klopp and hopefully its one based on sound logic and not sentimentality.

70884047_2350713124983647_6031603804212822016_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQm3cf9vSB15mrb9-cZeo4f3DS49WAxZ2kYaC-NGS1F-rBVXzuXNsk9EaKwe2J129e0&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=29abad93941c7546d39b9bc2af379da9&oe=5DF178D1

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Brave lad. There’s a few smiley heads in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

No one should get the job just because they are a “club legend”. That’s putting heart before head and would lead to disaster.

The job should be given to the person who is the most qualified and with the least amount of risk.

PepL has been around the club and the manager long enough to make the transition relatively painless.

Bringing in a new manager with a brand new backroom staff etc is too much upheaval imo. It will be a fragile time for the club when Klopp goes and stability will be key.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The likely hood is that a new 'name' will be on tht scene in 3 years time, and more than likely won't be an ex-player. Some of the best coaches around were not great players.

Let's just enjoy Klopp while we have him. He has given us life again.

0qXAmWP.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Would love to see Rafa as Alonsos side kick if Klopp goes.....maybe even Tuchel from PSG

:confused: Seriously? What's he done that makes him even remotely qualified?

The manager of Leipzig. Julian Nagelsmann is so obvious I can't look past him. Hopefully he feels likewise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Pep??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Id go for Guardiola.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I wonder how many calling for Benitez also think Mourinho is past it.

Spurs put out a team of kids and reserves that would never get a game tonight and got knocked out on pens.

I'd to see use have a good mix of first teamers and kids no point and putting out just kids and getting knocked out and sending them back to the under 23's till next season chance at a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

6 wrote: »
    70884047_2350713124983647_6031603804212822016_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQm3cf9vSB15mrb9-cZeo4f3DS49WAxZ2kYaC-NGS1F-rBVXzuXNsk9EaKwe2J129e0&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=29abad93941c7546d39b9bc2af379da9&oe=5DF178D1

:pac:

Who’s that?

Edit: I get it now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

SM01 wrote: »
    Julian Nagelsmann

This is who I'd like. Will be keeping an eye on his progress.

• Advertisement

Munich will be hot on the heel of Nagelsmann soon enough I'd imagine.

Why is Charles Mason so happy? It is cos he is out or a Liverpool fan (really are the worst fans in the world)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

xabi wrote: »
    Who’s that?

Edit: I get it now

Is it down to discussion about going to games in the away end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Spurs put out a team of kids and reserves that would never get a game tonight and got knocked out on pens.

I'd to see use have a good mix of first teamers and kids no point and putting out just kids and getting knocked out and sending them back to the under 23's till next season chance at a game.

I'd prefer none of the first 11 to play. Give Lallana, Ox, Keita, Lovren, Gomez etc game time along with a mix of youth players.

mosstin wrote: »

Would you consider Klopp a football expert?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Ox, Lallana, Milner, Lovren, Gomez and Keita will all likely play alongside a few youngsters. I'm absolutely fine with that ratio of proven quality and unproven potential.

Keita will probably pick up a dislocated shoelace in the warm up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

magma69 wrote: »
    Ox, Lallana, Milner, Lovren, Gomez and Keita will all likely play alongside a few youngsters. I'm absolutely fine with that ratio of proven quality and unproven potential.

Exactly... plenty of our senior lads really need minutes too, so its a win win (as long as we win!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Looking on transfermarkt.com shows me clearly how strong the club is at this moment in time. Over the last decade we have consistently sold our best or close to best players to 'bigger' clubs.

But now it seems, we really are one of the biggest clubs.

Alonso to Madrid 2010
    Torres to Chelsea 2011
    Suarez to Barcelona 2015
    Sterling to Man City 2016
    Coutinho to Barcelona 2017

All those players wanted to move and we couldn't stand in their way. Summer 2019 marks a change where we didn't even hear talk of a player moving. We have literally some of the best players in world football who really want to play at the club.

No other club is tempted or has the money to get anyone of our starting 11.

It's a good time to be a Liverpool fan. :)

• Advertisement

Normally I'd not be too interested in Liverpool v MK Dons in the 3rd round of the Cup of many names. But, with Kelleher (hopefully) playing and the like it could be an interesting watch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement