Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Phew

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Do not underestimate how big, how huge these three points are!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Our full backs and midfield were dog **** today, except for fab, origi did really well, and Adrian was good again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That is a superb 3 points. Very fortuitous with how the goal came about, but you need goals like that to keep challenging at the top of the table.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Successful teams sometimes have to win tough games, against tough opposition, with a little bit of luck.

Today, that's exactly what we did, we won ugly.

I'm okay with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The smile on Pep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Ah I think it's fair to say that Adrián has been a great fúcking acquisition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

To everyone complaining after 40 minutes...we won.

Man U player on loan that makes the error just makes that win even sweeter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

VVD and Fab were excellent. Adrian solid. The rest meh. But that’s a great win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

A lucky win. A wake up call too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Shows how incredible van Dijk is that he doesn't even get MOTM for that performance, don't remember him losing a challenge all game, nothing got through him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Ah I think it's fair to say that Adrián has been a great fúcking acquisition.

Beggars belief how seamlessly he's bedded in. He didn't even have a pre-season FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Luckiest win so far.

Some absolutely key moments with Robbo block etc.

Fourth away game in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Thanks be to f$uk that's over.
    Impressed with SU.
    Hopefully they do that to all the top teams there.
    They deserved something there, happy, very happy with the three points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

Turtyturd wrote: »
    To everyone complaining after 40 minutes...we won.

I called it from the beginning. The team (barring Salah) has an inner strength now. Hopefully, Klopp can fix Salah in the coming weeks, we need him back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Shows how incredible van Dijk is that he doesn't even get MOTM for that performance, don't remember him losing a challenge all game, nothing got through him.

He was quietly immense with Matip a bit off today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Win the rest of the games and....................... champions.

:D

VAR again not giving a clear and obvious penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Man U player on loan that makes the error just makes that win even sweeter.

Can see why they threw so much at De Gea even though he’s clearly on the decline.

• Advertisement

You'd swear Salah was the one who kicked air in a 1 on 1 and hit the post with half the goal open from 3 yards out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Don't think I've welcomed a win as much as that since Barca - fair dues to Sheff, they'll take points off the best this season, just not us...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Richard Keys just said Evertonians call us The Devil Club because we get so much good fortune.

Ahhhh the pints will taste even more sweeter tonight :D

Lovely jubbly.

You'd swear Salah was the one who kicked air in a 1 on 1 and hit the post with half the goal open from 3 yards out.

Would you, though? Mane has been in Ok form. Salah, not so much. It's not like people are only complaining about today's performance from him.

All jokes aside for the goalkeeping that shows why you need to get those shots on target, Wijnaldum had 2 efforts from that range in the first half, he scuffed one wide and hit the other about 10 yards over the bar. We don't need many goal contributions from our midfield but we do need a couple so regardless of the keeper's mistake it's good to see that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Salah has one "trick" and if he is not at it and the opposition are disciplined throughout the game he is basically a spare part.

Origi came on and immediately created things for others as I said above he is much more aware, of not just what's around him but also where space is elsewhere across the pitch. The days when he sort of put his head down and just charged forward are long gone.

Was trying to figure out what the Utd fans were chanting towards the end, good sense of humour on them :p
    "Champions of League One, you'll never sing that"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Nice win, front 3 wont score every game, nice to win when none of them were on it, hopefully wont be a regular thing.....7 from 7, is that the first time we've done that ever? On to the next one....

NukaCola wrote: »
    Nice win, front 3 wont score every game, nice to win when none of them were on it, hopefully wont be a regular thing.....7 from 7, is that the first time we've done that ever? On to the next one....

Think NBC said it's the second, only other time was in 1990.

• Advertisement

Man U player makes mistake to give us the the win.

What odds on Everton now giving us a helping hand with a result this evening.

Zero lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭The Rooster

All jokes aside for the goalkeeping that shows why you need to get those shots on target, Wijnaldum had 2 efforts from that range in the first half, he scuffed one wide and hit the other about 10 yards over the bar. We don't need many goal contributions from our midfield but we do need a couple so regardless of the keeper's mistake it's good to see that.
    Was thinking the same thing. Gini and Fab turn down shooting chances from 20-25 yards too often. Happy enough for Hendo to keep turning them down

Man U player makes mistake to give us the the win.

What odds on Everton now giving us a helping hand with a result this evening.

lol

The good news is we've done our job so we don't have to hope for the perpetually free falling Everton to help us out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Would you, though? Mane has been in Ok form. Salah, not so much. It's not like people are only complaining about today's performance from him.

Salah has 4 goals and 3 assists in 7 games. Mane has 4 goals and 1 assist. But apparently Salah is not pulling his weight and Mane is? C'mon, there's a reason people call you a Utd supporter...

Everton will lose by 4, and wont be too disappointed......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

On course for 114 points, how bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Not a hope Everton would get anything today, they're all over the place at the minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Great 3 points.. Thanks to a good Ole goalkeeper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

The good news is we've done our job so we don't have to hope for the perpetually free falling Everton to help us out

A lot of pressure on the teams on 7 and 8 points this weekend if they don’t win. Could be hovering just above relegation zone if Villa and Wolves were to win their home games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Think NBC said it's the second, only other time was in 1990.

And we finished 2nd that year, let's hope that's not the case this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

Vicxas wrote: »
    Not a hope Everton would get anything today, they're all over the place at the minute

I'm hoping they put together some kind of performance. The manager's favourite for the sack 5/4. It's close to do or die for his tenure.

• Advertisement

Was thinking the same thing. Gini and Fab turn down shooting chances from 20-25 yards too often. Happy enough for Hendo to keep turning them down

Problem with that is you may be taking on 25 crap shots in the hope of sneaking the odd 1 goal but you could be giving up 3 or 4 actual goals that can be better worked by not snatching at shots.

You play percentages .

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    Salah has 4 goals and 3 assists in 7 games. Mane has 4 goals and 1 assist. But apparently Salah is not pulling his weight and Mane is? C'mon, there's a reason people call you a Utd supporter...

Those stats only paint part of the picture. It's the general consensus that Salah has been in very poor form lately.

I won't speculate on why people call me a Utd fan. I would apparate if you didn't either. Needless to say, it is untrue.

I'm hoping they put together some kind of performance. The manager's favourite for the sack 5/4. It's close to do or die for his tenure.

A win against City could be the last straw for him....

The more I look at that Salah chance the more he seemed to have taken the worst option. Keeper came out with his legs wide open. Slot it under him.

What he ended up doing smacks of not having an idea what to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

NukaCola wrote: »
    A win against City could be the last straw for him....

:) Might save him though.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Can see why they threw so much at De Gea even though he’s clearly on the decline.

De Gea seems to be a disease affecting all Man U keepers at this stage.

I just call it as I see it. I have courage in my convictions.

Boy did you pick the wrong season.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Chelsea and Sheffield utd were two games i was worried about dropping points and rightly so it seems, delighted to walk away with 6 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

No need to over analyse, awful performance, 3 points, move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Great 3 points in an awkward game.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement