Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Mina missed a sitter with that header though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Shortarms to the rescue

Christ pick Ford and his chicken arms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

Pickford, pathetic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Jesus Everton are dire to watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Good for nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Pickford average at best. Maybe it's good they conceded , Can see Everton grab a draw easier now as they'll go put City defence under pressure instead of backing off like they did do this second half.

The good news is City are frail, without Laporte this is not a 100 point team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

C'mon Everton.. for once in your miserable existence, do something that isn't shít.

Think Ederson has done a mischief to his hand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Everton are a pack of wasters

And that's that

It's the hope that kills you.

The hope Everton wouldn't be cat

Good thing we've maintained our perfect record so. City have dropped as many points as goals we've conceded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

City will continue to struggle away from home, Everton could have had 4 if they could finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Onto Leicester now and Rodgers out to put a stop to the Klopp juggernaut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Vicxas wrote: »
    It's the hope that kills you.

The hope Everton wouldn't be cat

I've an uncle who's an Everton fan. Imagine how he feels watching his team every week.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I've an uncle who's an Everton fan. Imagine how he feels watching his team every week.

Mate is a Everton fan too. He reckons smoking would take less off his life!

I don't see what's so stressful about knowing you're going to finish between an insignificant 7th place and an insignificant 15th place every season for the rest of eternity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

The good news is City are frail, without Laporte this is not a 100 point team.

Your gif embedded highlights posts are excellent. Muchas gracias.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Liverpool have submitted a complaint to the FA after Hillsborough chants from Man Utd fans during the womens game
    Concerns over chants relating to the Hillsborough disaster during Saturday's Women's Super League match away to Manchester United have been reported to the Football Association by Liverpool.

It is understood some United fans sang "always the victim, never your fault" and other anti-Liverpool songs as the hosts won 2-0. The chants have previously been heard in games between the clubs' male sides.The match at Leigh Sports Village was watched by a crowd of over 2,800.

It is understood the concerns were red-flagged in the standard match report submitted to the FA by the Liverpool general manager.
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49867580

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

I've been wondering lately do any of the rest of ye think the same as me? You know when Matip makes these by-now-trademark forays up the field, and he makes it all the way to the edge of the box? Why is it that none of our players seem to be on his wavelength? You'd think one of them would anticipate and maybe give him an out? Perhaps, call for the ball? Instead it's like everyone stops to marvel at this graceful gazelle galloping through the forest. Everyone stopping and thinking, "oooh look at that!" Then Matip gives the ball away coz no-one is alert enough. That's my only gripe on the last 7 games by the way. Win ugly or win beautiful, it's all good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I don't see what's so stressful about knowing you're going to finish between an insignificant 7th place and an insignificant 15th place every season for the rest of eternity.

Well, in the words of B-Rod, you can't live a second without hope.

Honestly, though, it'd be soul destroying.

Even when we've been garbage for years at a time, there's always some distant bright spark of hope with this club that we'll do something worthy of memory.

Of course, if you're going down to the match all the time, it's just a thing you do in your life. Results are largely incidental. People go to non-league teams, or LOI teams, or whatever lower standard that can't acheive the same things the juggernauts can, for the craic, to support their community, or what have you, but in terms of actually supporting them for any reciprocal thrill or anything, it's not really there and it must take a toll.

In fact it's probably worse for mid-table PL clubs. You get all the corporate, mass-produced sky sports ****e, and none of the quality or success.
    That's where clubs like Athletic Bilbao really stand out to me, or any club that has mostly homegrown players. It's another dimension to the support and gives it a quality that exists independently of where they are in the table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Blondie919 wrote: »
    I've been wondering lately do any of the rest of ye think the same as me? You know when Matip makes these by-now-trademark forays up the field, and he makes it all the way to the edge of the box? Why is it that none of our players seem to be on his wavelength? You'd think one of them would anticipate and maybe give him an out? Perhaps, call for the ball? Instead it's like everyone stops to marvel at this graceful gazelle galloping through the forest. Everyone stopping and thinking, "oooh look at that!" Then Matip gives the ball away coz no-one is alert enough. That's my only gripe on the last 7 games by the way. Win ugly or win beautiful, it's all good.

Spot on! He does it every so often but the lads seems to just freeze in admiration. Matip's been immense - so far it's between him, Fab and Firmino for player of the season.

Still thinking about Harvey Elliot's performance midweek, so good for someone that young, like he's not just youth player young, he's over 6 years younger than Harry Wilson who's considered a young talent of ours himself!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I want to see Matip just keep going and give it a blast or a dink. Yes, others seem to stop and do a double take despite Matip doing this sort of thing every three or four games. MOTD highlighted his forward passing which VVD and Fabby also do which makes the lack of a creative 'eight and a half' type midfielder a bit disappointing. A few years ago Lallana would have been that player but it looks like he is a busted flush, OxCham and Keita need to be that player when back up to speed.

I want to see Matip just keep going and give it a blast or a dink. Yes, others seem to stop and do a double take despite Matip doing this sort of thing every three or four games. MOTD highlighted his forward passing which VVD and Fabby also do which makes the lack of a creative 'eight and a half' type midfielder a bit disappointing. A few years ago Lallana would have been that player but it looks like he is a busted flush, OxCham and Keita need to be that player when back up to speed.

Yeah we need that guy who can receive a pass from his defenders while facing his own goal and spin 180 into attack in one motion, Firmino can do it and even did it a bit today when Origi came on but he's needed in the front 3. It's exactly what Keita did at Leipzig and he's done it for us in his short cameos, so hopefully he can finally find his feet here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

So 3PPG after 7 games, not bad eh :D

Still thinking about Harvey Elliot's performance midweek, so good for someone that young, like he's not just youth player young, he's over 6 years younger than Harry Wilson who's considered a young talent of ours himself!

He's gonna be some player, I think he'll get pl game time very soon, I actually wanted him to come on today the game was crying out for him

Also on the point of Matip's marauding, I'd been trying to find this clip I knew I didn't imagine and the Schalke YouTube channel finally included it in a video of theirs recently:

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Ah, he bottled that run, should have shuffled to his right and rolled it in! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Clearly too shook to do that.

There's just something so fun about a marauding centre half, it's what makes Danny Agger one of my favourite Liverpool players ever.

Still waiting to see something like this from van Dijk in red too :p

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

shamrock55 wrote: »
    He's gonna be some player, I think he'll get pl game time very soon, I actually wanted him to come on today the game was crying out for him

Yeah i reckon he'll get some league time this season. It's unreal to think he's only 16. He wasn't alive when we won the treble :eek:

Also on the point of Matip's marauding, I'd been trying to find this clip I knew I didn't imagine and the Schalke YouTube channel finally included it in a video of theirs recently:

giphy.gif

Good Jesus!

monkey9 wrote: »
    Yeah i reckon he'll get some league time this season. It's unreal to think he's only 16. He wasn't alive when we won the treble :eek:

ONLY A CUP TREBLE! ONLY A CUP TREBLE! ONLY A CUP TREBLE! ;)

giphy.gif
    There's just something so fun about a marauding centre half, it's what makes Danny Agger one of my favourite Liverpool players ever.

giphy.gif

Sheff Utd are meant to be the ones with the overlapping centre backs. That VVD goal is unreal!!

giphy.gif

Anyone have that one where Agger strolled out of defense and pinged one in from miles out?

Anyone have that one where Agger strolled out of defense and pinged one in from miles out?

Against West Ham that one i think.

To be fair Agger only strode about 4 paces

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    Against West Ham that one i think.

It was actually this one I was thinking of. Forgot about the West Ham one.

Keeper doesn't even move for the West Ham one. Love his goal from the set piece routine against Chelsea too.

They are practically identical :D

It was actually this one I was thinking of. Forgot about the West Ham one.

And i forgot about that one!!

Keeper doesn't even move for the West Ham one. Love his goal from the set piece routine against Chelsea too.

Loved that one more for what it meant. He got stick for being bullied by Drogba in the first leg and was absolutely brilliant in that match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Yeah we need that guy who can receive a pass from his defenders while facing his own goal and spin 180 into attack in one motion, Firmino can do it and even did it a bit today when Origi came on but he's needed in the front 3. It's exactly what Keita did at Leipzig and he's done it for us in his short cameos, so hopefully he can finally find his feet here.

That is a fully fit Keita.

YoungLittleBilby-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

It's been a few pages!

#insufferable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

McAllister, Milner and Matip only sign M's on a free cause the are all awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,679 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

McAllister, Milner and Matip only sign M's on a free cause the are all awesome.

Don't forget Maxi!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement