Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Still thinking about Harvey Elliot's performance midweek, so good for someone that young, like he's not just youth player young, he's over 6 years younger than Harry Wilson who's considered a young talent of ours himself!

Hes the first player in my lifetime for liverpool that i would potentially have been old enough to father..... jesus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

So 3PPG after 7 games, not bad eh :D

Room for improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Someone is having an awful meltdown in the Utd thread.

Owl. wrote: »

Is it a rage quit? Haven't seen one of those in years.

Can't see it, on the mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

6 wrote: »
    Is it a rage quit? Haven't seen one of those in years.

Can't see it, on the mobile

He hasn't quit but I don't think it's in his hands anymore. One of ours too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Would lose points for lack of paragraphs and lack of Kenny Powers gifs but that’d be counteracted by managing to get a reaction from some who have disappeared since Man U became sh!t.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Would lose points for lack of paragraphs and lack of Kenny Powers gifs but that’d be counteracted by managing to get a reaction from some who have disappeared since Man U became sh!t.

I posted in this very thread a couple of weeks ago. I’m really glad to see you’re still so concerned about me :pac:
    You still tweeting about me these days?

I posted in this very thread a couple of weeks ago. I’m really glad to see you’re still so concerned about me :pac:

Yet replies to a post within 3 minutes? :D

mosstin wrote: »
    Yet replies to a post within 3 minutes? :D

Might want to check your calculations there.

Triggered. Some lift in fairness.

tumblr_psfve5ZCS61w50dq4o2_500.gif

• Advertisement

The 'through thick and thin' saying doesn't apply to them. I've chatted to numerous United lads recently who claim to have 'lost interest' because of the way the club's being run. Didn't cause them a thought when the Glazers were bankrolling them to titles back in the day. :D

The point stands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

mosstin wrote: »
    The point stands.

It was actually 2 minutes :pac:

A lot of people say that they are supporters but when things aren't going well they lose interest/not bothered/etc etc. Boards is just a microcosm of what we see in everyday life I suppose.

This applies to most teams supported by Irish people btw including Liverpool. Fair weather fans I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'd say the Liverpool threads were at their busiest when things were at their worst.

I read that rather mad spell on the Man Utd thread but amid the nonsense and quoting (very hard to read on a mobile) there was an interesting article about how Klopp's Liverpool changed with the departure of the Brain and Pepijn Lijnders taking his role. Basically how the mad press became the restrained press and the transforming of the team from counterattack to greater possession/control and the switch to the wide channels for the creativity. Essentially Lijnders said too much energy was being expended, too much running about for a 38 game domestic season plus the ability to prosecute a good campaign in Europe.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111376018&postcount=9094

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

saw the highlights earlier, we looked very good despite how real time events apparently played out
    matip would be heralded as the second greatest defender if he played in any other team right now he's just VVD's partner, no longer want Koubily (that's just a fair attempt at the spelling)

I'd say the Liverpool threads were at their busiest when things were at their worst.

I read that rather mad spell on the Man Utd thread but amid the nonsense and quoting (very hard to read on a mobile) there was an interesting article about how Klopp's Liverpool changed with the departure of the Brain and Pepijn Lijnders taking his role. Basically how the mad press became the restrained press and the transforming of the team from counterattack to greater possession/control and the switch to the wide channels for the creativity. Essentially Lijnders said too much energy was being expended, too much running about for a 38 game domestic season plus the ability to prosecute a good campaign in Europe.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111376018&postcount=9094

I also think that for many of our fanbase, they grew up not winning league titles and so we're hardened to fallow periods. Form them, they grew up winning, now aren't and so they're rugby fans now. Watching Mourinho's United would have been a nice transition for them.

I'm going to stop following Liverpool if they ever win the league.

That's an alien world to me and what am I meant to be in that world?

This place really is a ****hole and there's some amount of crap going on. And it's seriously all coming from the Utd posters.
    How anyone can pretend otherwise is beyond me. And it all started back when Rodgers nearly won the league. 5 years of bollix posting and bollix cards and bans being given out, whereas the real poison is just let loose.

And then there's the guys that pretend to be Liverpool posters. And some of them have been at it for ages too. Or the ones that just post in the main about other posters.

Anyway. Can't wait to watch Arse and Man U tomorrow night from a barstool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

That post that Harry quoted is well worth a read IMO. Good observation of how this team has evolved post-Buvac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I'm going to stop following Liverpool if they ever win the league.

That's an alien world to me and what am I meant to be in that world?

Same. I'll be like the auld fella that gets let out of Shawshank and doesn't understand the world anymore.

Oh Liverpool really let themselves down (and us) - one goal scored. The first time that has happened in the PL since the Everton draw.

Umaro wrote: »
    Same. I'll be like the auld fella that gets let out of Shawshank and doesn't understand the world anymore.
    Institutionalised by Liverpool
    We will be looking for a points deduction due to FFP or something, to see Liverpool lose the league and restore normalcy.
    Only, much fools would we, seeing as clubs regularly flount those rules and win league anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Liverpool have submitted a complaint to the FA after Hillsborough chants from Man Utd fans during the womens game

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49867580

Just like the men’s game the FA will do nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

monkey9 wrote: »
    Yeah i reckon he'll get some league time this season. It's unreal to think he's only 16. He wasn't alive when we won the treble :eek:

You mean our 2nd treble :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Is the BM lad a Liverpool fan?

I wish I hadn't gone in and read the last two pages of the utd thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

SM01 wrote: »
    That post that Harry quoted is well worth a read IMO. Good observation of how this team has evolved post-Buvac
    Klopp has said the same thing over the course of his interviews during the past year or so. The ITK journalists surmised in the summer after Buvac left that it was because Ljinders was having a greater influence on the tactical development of the team - Klopp had begun to listen to an alternative viewpoint so Buvac got the hump.

I pity the poor Man Utd supporter that made the observation and has to suffer through the Solskjaer process knowing it's a path to madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

This place really is a ****hole and there's some amount of crap going on. And it's seriously all coming from the Utd posters.
    How anyone can pretend otherwise is beyond me. And it all started back when Rodgers nearly won the league. 5 years of bollix posting and bollix cards and bans being given out, whereas the real poison is just let loose.

And then there's the guys that pretend to be Liverpool posters. And some of them have been at it for ages too. Or the ones that just post in the main about other posters.

Anyway. Can't wait to watch Arse and Man U tomorrow night from a barstool.

I can understand that from some Utd fans just out of frustration for how Utd have fallen to a very very average team they just can't handle it what is mad is the 2 or 3 posters in this thread who pretend to be LFC fans and it is so obvious which ones they are on here between their comments and the dreaded T^anks button now that is some messed up stuff that is turning this thread anyway into a ****hole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just like the men’s game the FA will do nothing

That chant isn't about Hillsborough.
    Not stirring sh1te,just stating a fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Damien360

noodler wrote: »
    Is the BM lad a Liverpool fan?

I wish I hadn't gone in and read the last two pages of the utd thread.

I’ll be honest. I thought he was a Utd fan for a long time. Posts a lot over in Utd thread. Looks like a drink fuelled rant. Gone for 3 months. Has a serious gripe with 2 Utd posters and one LFC poster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Talisman wrote: »
    Klopp has said the same thing over the course of his interviews during the past year or so. The ITK journalists surmised in the summer after Buvac left that it was because Ljinders was having a greater influence on the tactical development of the team - Klopp had begun to listen to an alternative viewpoint so Buvac got the hump.

I pity the poor Man Utd supporter that made the observation and has to suffer through the Solskjaer process knowing it's a path to madness.

At least with Klopp implementing it he was good enough to be successful...you just don’t get that vibe off Ole and Mike Phelan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

How about in reverse just to shake things up a tad

5d909a27bcd70876466893.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Damien360 wrote: »
    I’ll be honest. I thought he was a Utd fan for a long time. Posts a lot over in Utd thread. Looks like a drink fuelled rant. Gone for 3 months. Has a serious gripe with 2 Utd posters and one LFC poster.

and the humour thread.

5d909ae85880f995492365.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

5d909be975819873902986.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

fyfe79 wrote: »
    It's been a few pages!

#insufferable

I really hate the bitching between threads over little petty things. A bit of banter etc I'm all for but watching posters/posts is a bit sad.

When United knocked us off our pearch we had to put up with it , I get it now that United are getting the exact same now from Liverpool fans.

The way some people carry on it's like a kids playground at times, jumping in and out of opposing threads.

At the end of the day Liverpool are back on top of our pearch and that's all I care about really.

I couldnt give a fcuk what other fans think and as Ole once said "I couldnt care less" for them. I'm never gonna loose any sleep :)

Having said all that once 4.30pm comes around on Oct 20th, I will :)

I really hate the bitch between threads over little petty things. A bit of banter etc I'm all for but watching posters/posts is a bit sad.

When united knocked us off our pearch we had to put up with it , I get it now that United are getting the exact same now from Liverpool fans.

The was some people carry on its like a kids playground at times, jumping in and out of opposion threads.

At the end of the day Liverpool are back on top of our pearch and thats all I care about really.

I couldnt give a fcuk what other fans think and as Ole ionce said "I couldnt care less" for them. I'm never gonna loose any sleep :)

Having said all that once 4.30pm comes around on Oct 20th, I will :)

You forgot to include your buddy’s post. That was the only reason for mine.

You ever know how it is when someone comes back into your life and you wish they hadn't?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

You forgot to include your buddy’s post. That was the only reason for mine.

sorry I will edit now :)

• Advertisement

You ever know how it is when someone comes back into your life and you wish they hadn't?

I’m out of here now Harry. Though I might come back if someone snipes at me from the long grass again. Have the bollocks to reply where I am and I won’t have any need to return.

Congrats on the CL for the normies and congrats in advance for the upcoming PL title. I’ve nothing but begrudging admiration for what Klopp has done to the club. G’luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Mental carry on at the women's game.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/09/28/liverpool-women-contact-fa-alleged-hillsborough-chants-manchester/

Exclusive: Liverpool Women contact FA over alleged Hillsborough chants from Manchester United fans

There were claims over chants heard during Liverpool and Manchester United's first-ever Women’s Super League meeting on Saturday

Liverpool Women have contacted the Football Association about Hillsborough chants from some Manchester United supporters during the pair’s first-ever meeting in the Women’s Super League, Telegraph Sport understands.

This is the first time the club’s women’s side have highlighted concerns about offensive chanting.

“Always the victims - it’s never your fault” was heard at several points during Manchester United’s 2-0 win at Leigh Sports Village, with Liverpool also concerned by anti-Scouse chants and songs relating to rats and robbers.

Liverpool’s General Manager has flagged “a lack of respect to our players and management from Man United supporters” in the side’s post-match report. This is not tantamount to a formal complaint and the club have not contacted Kick It Out, football’s anti-discrimination and inclusion body. It is understood that Hillsborough chants would not come under the organisation’s remit in any case as they do not fall under the Equality Act.

There were unconfirmed reports from a third party about monkey chanting, but none of the Liverpool players expressed concerns about this specifically and the club did not mention them in their correspondence with the FA.

The Football Association have been contacted for comment.

I’m out of here now Harry. Though I might come back if someone snipes at me from the long grass again. Have the bollocks to reply where I am and I won’t have any need to return.

Congrats on the CL for the normies and congrats in advance for the upcoming PL title. G’luck.

Have the bollocks to reply anonymously to my anonymous comments, in the appropriate thread within the soccer forum :pac:

As Frank Drebin said, 'I love it'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It's just ****ing sad lads grown men having rants on here about other posters. Log off and go out for some air

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Talisman wrote: »

Considering Ljinders left the club in the January 2018 was manager of NEC and wasn't sacked as manager of NEC till after Buvac left I find that one hard to believe that he was having a greater influence on the tactical development of the team while he was manager of NEC.

Now maybe he left in the first place because there was a clash between there styles and was happy to return after he was sacked and Buvac left.

I doubt the true story on why Buvac left will every come out so it will be open to speculation from all ITK hacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Congrats on the CL for the normies and congrats in advance for the upcoming PL title. I’ve nothing but begrudging admiration for what Klopp has done to the club. G’luck.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

Have the bollocks to reply anonymously to my anonymous comments, in the appropriate thread within the soccer forum :pac:

As Frank Drebin said, 'I love it'

To be fair to him, it's not as bad as the lot of you calling me a Utd fan. That is some next level forum tomfoolery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611738a27a47a391e9b916937323d9d61caf6491f81&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Lads, that meltdown in the Man U thread is amazing. :pac::pac::D

Even the Turd got a mention. You're some man for causing posters to lose the plot like that. :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I've had a lovely week of Liverpool Champions League gifs since 6 posted that ignore extension last week it works a treat i can safely say after a weeks use of it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement