Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

ricero wrote: »
    Mingolet and Karius I always felt were bang average with the ball at their feet and never comfortable.

Adrian is very good with the ball at his feet. His passing has very much impressed me so far.

He's grown into the role quickly and his passing looks good now, early on it was a worry, gave up that one against Southampton and would've been another to Aubameyang had he not shot it a couple feet wide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

I think Kelleher keeps his League Cup place.

Leicester won't be an easy game lads. Rodgers has them playing some nice stuff. Only us and City have picked up more points since he took over at Leicester.

But maybe his style will leave them open at the back? Hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

rob316 wrote: »
    Ah come on Toby he's been voted the number one goalkeeper in the world

I think you need to read the whole post before replying ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

I wouldnt play Alisson before the international break even if he is ready just to stop Brazil calling him up.

Their squad was announced a while ago, he's not in it. Its only two friendlies for them anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Wheety wrote: »
    Leicester won't be an easy game lads. Rodgers has them playing some nice stuff. Only us and City have picked up more points since he took over at Leicester.

But maybe his style will leave them open at the back? Hopefully.

Think about it this way; under Rodgers and his style of play, the type of opponent we’d struggle against the most would be a defensively solid, pacey team capable of hurting us on the counter attack. I think that’s a pretty good summary of what we are under Klopp.

Does it mean we’ll definitely beat them? No, they’re a great side and not only looking good for a top 6 place, but also have a tiny chance of cracking the top 4 if they keep riding this wave of momentum. The experience of Vardy, Morgan, Schmeichel and the rest of those that won the league will work in their favour and will be constantly reminding the rest of that young squad that they can be as ambitious as they want. If that squad from 2015/16 could achieve what they did, the current one can absolutely finish in the top four with so many “big clubs” in transition (or in certain cases, utter chaos) at the moment.

So while they can aim high and pose their own challenge for us, we will still be extremely difficult opponents for them though, and with all due respect to Brendan Rodgers, he’s not a problem-solving mastermind capable of implementing a short term strategy to counter a difficult opponent like Ancelotti or peak Mourinho could do. He’s set in his ways and his philosophy, although impressive, isn’t really evolving.

I’ll repeat what I said here the last day about this match; I’d be disappointed with anything less than three points because in our shoes, Man City would be too. It’s got a big game feel to it though IMO.

• Advertisement

Have any of ye watched Lecister under rodgers they have played a number of different ways under him and have started the season much more concerative to last.

He is more then capable of implementing different strategies given the flexibility of the squad he has biult

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

martyos121 wrote: »
    So while they can aim high and pose their own challenge for us, we will still be extremely difficult opponents for them though, and with all due respect to Brendan Rodgers, he’s not a problem-solving mastermind capable of implementing a short term strategy to counter a difficult opponent like Ancelotti or peak Mourinho could do. He’s set in his ways and his philosophy, although impressive, isn’t really evolving.
    My recollection of Rodgers as Liverpool manager was that he was tactically astute when he was given the time to prepare the team for an opponent - he ran into difficulty when games came thick and fast, without the luxury of time there were no prepared solutions for opponents and this was reflected in results.

This season Leicester have played with at least three different systems (4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 and 4-1-4-1) which I think demonstrates that Rodgers has evolved as a manager since he left our club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Manchester United in their current guise beat them yet we should be worried? We always have tough games against them and this will be no different but we should be winning it if we want to win this league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

I'm assuming you jest*, but for the avoidance of doubt we need full teams for all premier league matches.

*personally the Man U baiting is beneath me. Maybe, and I say this genuinely, if they become competitors again I'll change my tune.

I bathe myself twice daily in their tears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

He might come good yet but so far I'm glad we didn't spend all that money on Pepe. Still looks pretty raw. For that money you'd want to be getting the finished article.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

He might come good yet but so far I'm glad we didn't spend all that money on Pepe. Still looks pretty raw. For that money you'd want to getting the finished article.

Raw is being kind..he looks out of his depth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Great times to be a Liverpool fan even the couple of fake ones on here might get converted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If Liverpool can't beat that Utd side it'll be a sad state of affairs and something which could only be put down to poor psychology

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

If Liverpool can't beat that Utd side it'll be a sad state of affairs and something which could only be put down to poor psychology

True, but all the focus should be on the teams we play before then.
    Wednesday should see 3 points garnered and back to the bread and butter then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

It's United. They'll see it as a derby game and current form goes out the window in derby games.

Especially at Old Trafford. And double-especially if they don't beat Newcastle.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

But if we beat them 0-5 they'll sack Ole, best to draw there and then they'll keep him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

But if we beat them 0-5 they'll sack Ole, best to draw there and then they'll keep him.

I'd rather we just went out and beat them to be honest. 3 points for us is far more important than whoever is managing over there.

They're too big and too wealthy to stay this bad forever, but it'll be next summer at least before any sort of actual rebuild could really begin anyway, so whoever is managing this year is a bit moot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I'd quite enjoy getting their manager sacked in consecutive seasons.

We'd have a hat trick to aim for next season.

Would be extremely disappointing not to get all 3 points at OT considering the mess they're in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

so it's basically score 2 goals and we win ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

so it's basically score 2 goals and we win ?

If we score two at OT then we've a very very good chance of winning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

champ.gifchamp.gifchamp.gifchamp.gifchamp.gifchamp.gif
    That is all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

TitianGerm wrote: »
    If we score two at OT then we've a very very good chance of winning.

I'd be shocked if they scored 2 against us, so yes that would probably do it. It's hard to see their back line keeping our attack quiet, and their threat out wide, where we are softest, is from James, who could get some joy from Trent. So Joel will need to be on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

They raise their game against us, have we scored more than one goal at Old Trafford since the 0-3 in 2014, look at the game there last year it was their cup final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Matip got injured at SHU, so we'll see about him playing tomorrow night.

Personally, I would have played Gomez in some position tomorrow night from the start anyways.

Mane on Salah: "Things can happen in football. You want to score more goals. Mo is a really, really good friend."

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1179004004535287808?s=20
    #LFC confirm that Vitor Matos has joined the club from FC Porto as elite development coach. Will be key link between Melwood and Kirkby. Takes over a role previously held by Pep Lijnders, who stepped up to become assistant manager.

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1179002556200181760?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It's a stupid question to have to answer but I guess I did hear Ronnie Whelan ponder if Mane hadn't passed to Salah in a game about a week later because of the spat.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It's a stupid question to have to answer but I guess I did hear Ronnie Whelan ponder if Mane hadn't passed to Salah in a game about a week later because of the spat.

Yes he did say that.

I remember it as for some reason I thought it was Jim Beglin commentating, then he said it and I thought Jim Beglin's not that stupid.

Matip and Shaqiri both out for Red Bull Salzburg game
    https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1179009261306810368?s=20

• Advertisement

Matip is my unsung hero of our team. I wasn't 100% sure so I looked up the definition on Google and he is.

Noun. unsung hero (plural unsung heroes) One who does great deeds but receives little or no recognition for them.

Best defender at the club in 2019.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well Gomez gets his chance to stake a claim so no harm really. Keita should really be up for a run out against his first professional club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

robwen wrote: »
    They raise their game against us, have we scored more than one goal at Old Trafford since the 0-3 in 2014, look at the game there last year it was their cup final

Exactly and we always raised our game against great United sides at Anfield. Never ever take a game against you United for granted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Great times to be a Liverpool fan even the couple of fake ones on here might get converted.

The faker baker fans are well and truly immunised to the sight of Jordan Henderson lifting ol big ears.

It's grand in the long term though... By a process of osmosis and familiarity with the club and LFC fans, it's only a matter of time before the faker bakers become our double agents and then completely renounce their shoddy past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,738 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Is this haaland dude fit to play tomorrow night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Found this on some other great site - Klopp in the style of Hank Scorpio :pac:

z0k5acqu8sp31.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Rodgers gave him that flamethrower, all credit must go to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

martyos121 wrote: »
    Rodgers gave him that flamethrower, all credit must go to him.

They’re really stretching with that one. Obviously taken up creative writing since losing interest in football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Turtyturd wrote: »
    They’re really stretching with that one. Obviously taken up creative writing since losing interest in football.

They don't believe it either but it gets a rise for them

• Advertisement

Mignolet keeping Madrid at bay as Bruges are 2 up in Madrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

They don't believe it either but it gets a rise for them

Yup, has them bringing that crap into this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Best defender at the club in 2019.

Sorry, but he has not been better than van Dijk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Mignolet keeping Madrid at bay as Bruges are 2 up in Madrid.

Not any longer

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Tuned in last 15 mins and migs looking poor tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

sweetie wrote: »
    Not any longer

Almost gifted Madrid a late winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

Migs did well enough. Shocking how bitter some of you are towards him. He is a good keeper and a good person. Hope they can go far this CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Van Dijk's strength isn't just in that he's often our best defender. He's raised the level of the whole defence in a way I didn't believe was possible.

It's not an accident that they all look better next to him than with each other. He takes so much pressure off them, and not just in the mental sense, but, take Matip's marauding runs forward. He has so much more freedom to do that, with someone with such absurd recovery pace and nigh-on invulnerability to be dribbled past. He saves Gomez' slightly flaky ability under the diagonal ball, or with Lovren, I think he just makes him **** up less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Migs did well enough. Shocking how bitter some of you are towards him. He is a good keeper and a good person. Hope they can go far this CL.

Didn't see the game but for once I agree with Ole,
    Migs did his best for us but wasn't good enough. He never threw a strop when he wasn't in the team even tho it was clear he wasn't getting a game bar an injury.
    I wish him nothing but the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

.red. wrote: »
    Didn't see the game but for once I agree with Ole,
    Migs did his best for us but wasn't good enough. He never threw a strop when he wasn't in the team even tho it was clear he wasn't getting a game bar an injury.
    I wish him nothing but the best.

Didn't Mignolet literally go to the press to complain about not getting enough game time?

EDIT: Yeah he was mad about not getting enough game time so he literally went to some Belgian newspaper and told them all about how he isn't happy with Klopp.

Screenshot-2019-10-01-at-20-42-33.png

Screenshot-2019-10-01-at-20-44-04.png

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement