Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Another side who don't have a clue how to play Coutinho. He's a forward not a number 10. He's scores pretty much every goal from running off the inside left on to his right foot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Didn't Mignolet literally go to the press to complain about not getting enough game time?

EDIT: Yeah he was mad about not getting enough game time so he literally went to some Belgian newspaper and told them all about how he isn't happy with Klopp.

Screenshot-2019-10-01-at-20-42-33.png

Screenshot-2019-10-01-at-20-44-04.png

That's not really a strop and I'd have been disappointed at being number 2 to the butterfingers that replaced him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Didn't Mignolet literally go to the press to complain about not getting enough game time?

EDIT: Yeah he was mad about not getting enough game time so he literally went to some Belgian newspaper and told them all about how he isn't happy with Klopp.

Screenshot-2019-10-01-at-20-42-33.png

Screenshot-2019-10-01-at-20-44-04.png

Ah that's pretty par for the course if you aren't getting gametime and want out.

Wouldn't be holding that against him too much tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

rob316 wrote: »
    Another side who don't have a clue how to play Coutinho. He's a forward not a number 10. He's scores pretty much every goal from running off the inside left on to his right foot.

Nt giving him the free kicks either, they were basically penalties for him at Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Damien360

Anyone watching the spurs game ? Spurs are unbelievably bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If there is a firesale at Spurs hope we try for Son.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Absolutely the player to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

There won't be. Too many players not signing contracts to do that.
    I'd rather play them this weekend than at the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Bayern were finished last season after we dumped them out according to many. Maybe just maybe (despite spurs being pathetic tonight) Liverpool were outstanding and beat a really good team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I dismissed any of those rumours I heard about what's going on in the Spurs camp at the weekend, but I'm not gonna lie, that looks bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Grayditch wrote: »
    I dismissed any of those rumours I heard about what's going on in the Spurs camp at the weekend, but I'm not gonna lie, that looks bad.

With things like that ,the longer the rumour goes unquashed the more likely there is truth to it.

Club in turmoil right now,kane will jump ship,needs too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Can't see it, he'd hardly go abroad what with being England's golden boy, can't give up all that preferential treatment.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

With things like that ,the longer the rumour goes unquashed the more likely there is truth to it.

Be a good fit for United. They would break the bank for him I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Son has to be Salah's replacement next summer - just flick Mane back to the right flank! :) Hmm maybe not three years on contract in summer 2020 and he is 27 already. Too expensive.

What are the rumours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

robwen wrote: »

So Vertonghen slept with Eriksen’s wife, despite the fact that the latter isn’t even married?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I'd love it if we went in for Son. Would be a perfect fit for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

Son has to be Salah's replacement next summer - just flick Mane back to the right flank! :) Hmm maybe not three years on contract in summer 2020 and he is 27 already. Too expensive.

Linked with David Neres from Ajax yesterday all dubious sources tho

• Advertisement

I'm sure our resident Dutch observer 8-10 (I think?) can tell us something, his end product numbers are not remotely comparable with Salah but he is only 22 and he did score some crackers but then Tadic looked like Dennis Bergkamp last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

martyos121 wrote: »
    So Vertonghen slept with Eriksen’s wife, despite the fact that the latter isn’t even married?

An error over calling her his wife or his long term girlfriend doesn't necessarily mean it's untrue... not that there's any tangible proof that it is true either of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Can't see it, he'd hardly go abroad what with being England's golden boy, can't give up all that preferential treatment.

Didn't stop Beckham. Or Lineker, back in the day.

That said, if there was a decent offer from another top 6 team, I'd say he's prefer it.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    An error over calling her his wife or his long term girlfriend doesn't necessarily mean it's untrue... not that there's any tangible proof that it is true either of course.

I know, but to me such a simple mistake suggests that the information is unreliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Brego888 wrote: »
    Bayern were finished last season after we dumped them out according to many. Maybe just maybe (despite spurs being pathetic tonight) Liverpool were outstanding and beat a really good team.

Was going to post that last night. Dunphy crowing on about how they were past it, you'd think we were after beating a championship side. 1-3 over there was a serious result.
    Another thing that's crossed my mind is if it weren't for City and their oil money we'd be dominating world football. Fans would be abandoning clubs by the droves, riots on the streets and sky subscriptions lapsed. I guess the world has to be thankful that City are keeping the gates of hell firmly locked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Another thing that's crossed my mind is if it weren't for City and their oil money we'd be dominating world football. Fans would be abandoning clubs by the droves, riots on the streets and sky subscriptions lapsed. I guess the world has to be thankful that City are keeping the gates of hell firmly locked.

I think it’s sad how many football fans would prefer to see City, a club bankrolled by a Gulf State with questionable human rights abuses, which is obviously using City to sports-wash their image, win the league by 20-30 points every season for the next 10 years – just as long as Liverpool don’t win one.

The bigger picture is just a little too big to take in for some, it seems – not just in terms of the fact that total football dominance for one side leads to a very stale league, but also the moral question that ownership by the Abu-Dhabi United group brings up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I get what your saying but humans will overlook such issues. I've see some comments on the Utd thread indicating a Saudi takeover would be a welcome affair. I don't think this is fair to paint this as a support of the Saudi regime, people will turn a blind eye to this type of thing when it doesn't affect them and that's not a criticism that's just the way it is. Certainly a lot of Utd fans wouldn't want anything to do with them.

Personally I'd hate Liverpool to be taken over by something like that and would prefer to wallow in mediocrity. It's one of the reasons I never wanted Mourinho at the club even when he was good. Now it sounds like I'm saying he's like Hitler, he's not but I just don't like what he's all about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

I’d like to think I’d take the moral high ground and stop following Liverpool if they were bankrolled by oil money and winning everything, but I suppose how can one be sure unless it actually happens which would leave a decision to be made! I just hope it never does.

fyfe79 wrote: »
    I’d like to think I’d take the moral high ground and stop following Liverpool if they were bankrolled by oil money and winning everything, but I suppose how can one be sure unless it actually happens which would leave a decision to be made! I just hope it never does.

I'd suck it up for a few years :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I would much rather be playing United or Spurs this weekend rather than in a couple of weeks time after the international break to fix things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Never change Jurgen

"Vitor is smart, his English is good – which is important – and he has worked at different clubs, but is educated at Porto, which is good for us because Pep [Lijnders] is from there also. He also still has the log-in details for Porto's scouting system."

He also still has the log-in details for Porto's scouting system."

Jesus! who said Germans dont have a sense of humour :pac: or is he being serious :eek:

:pac:

There is a really long and really great behind the paywall interview with Gerard Houllier over on Reddit great site(™) and well worth a visit to read it...

To long to post here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/dc0izd/paywall_gerard_houllier_exclusive_interview_im/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Never change Jurgen

"Vitor is smart, his English is good – which is important – and he has worked at different clubs, but is educated at Porto, which is good for us because Pep [Lijnders] is from there also. He also still has the log-in details for Porto's scouting system."

Unfortunately, he didn't say that. Someone on Twitter wrote it claiming it to be the text of the interview, and it's spread like wildfire...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

Dickerty wrote: »
    Unfortunately, he didn't say that. Someone on Twitter wrote it claiming it to be the text of the interview, and it's spread like wildfire...

He doesn't care about the truth. As long as the thanks roll in :pac:

:cool:

tumblr_psfyyrElcy1v85rsuo1_400.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Another thing that's crossed my mind is if it weren't for City and their oil money we'd be dominating world football.

The really crazy thing is, even with their oil money we're very close to doing just that anyway.

Last season Liverpool were a couple of inches away from winning the PL with an invincible record and over 100 pts along with CL victory.

Any team that manged that feat would surely be in the conversation for best club side in history.

People are still thanking that false Klopp quote. Sometimes I can get quite embarrassed by my fellow Liverpool fans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

People are still thanking that false Klopp quote. Sometimes I can get quite embarrassed by my fellow Liverpool fans.

fake qoute is almost as embarassing as being a fake proifle

gwalk wrote: »
    fake qoute is almost as embarassing as being a fake proifle

No, one is verifiably false, the other is a delusion on your part. Keep on dreaming pal.

First Champions League game at Anfield tonight since this!

giphy.gif

I wish he had said it.

Dickerty wrote: »

Ah just reading original quote its added on. Pity, its something you'd expect Klopp would say.

I was reading the MK Dons game could have to be replayed as punishment

Hopefully it's a fine or we get thrown out we don't need an extra game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The same type of story is doing the rounds about Conor Murray with the same 'the ireland camp is at war" stuff.

Someone is making up stories I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Migs did well enough. Shocking how bitter some of you are towards him. He is a good keeper and a good person. Hope they can go far this CL.

Would you ever give over, the poster said Migs looked poor which he did last night, he nearly lost them the game. There was absolutely no attack on his character by anybody here yet you twist that into a chance to call Liverpool supporters bitter. And now in the last few minutes you're saying you're embarrassed at other Liverpool supporters. It is pretty clear to everyone here now that your agenda is to get cheap digs in at Liverpool supporters all in the guise of 'having an opinion' :rolleyes: The fact the mods are asleep at the wheel doing nothing about it is even worse.

The exact same story is doing the rounds about Conor Murray with the same 'the ireland camp is at war" stuff.

What his wife is sleeping with Eriksons wife too WOW :eek::eek::p

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Would you ever give over, the poster said Migs looked poor which he did last night, he nearly lost them the game. There was absolutely no attack on his character by anybody here yet you twist that into a chance to call Liverpool supporters bitter. And now in the last few minutes you're saying you're embarrassed at other Liverpool supporters. It is pretty clear to everyone here now that your agenda is to get cheap digs in at Liverpool supporters all in the guise of 'having an opinion' rolleyes.png The fact the mods are asleep at the wheel doing nothing about it is even worse.

Can you leave out the conspiracy theories? I am tired of them. Migs has done well since the move and I wish him the best. Obviously, we have better keepers now, doesn't mean we should speak ill of our alumni.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

What his wife is sleeping with Eriksons wife too WOW :eek::eek::p

Everyone is sleeping with Eriksen's wife apparently.

Its Bjorn Eriksen from Stockholm though.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement