Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Klopp loves his winter break, so we'll be out in 3rd round of FA Cup, and the Pepsi Granola Cup.
    Not sure these winter breaks gives us an advantage though, we always seem to struggle when we get back.

This is Norwich.
    Would love to see Ox, and Keita in side, but I expect to see Henderson and Milner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

This is Norwich.
    Would love to see Ox, and Keita in side, but I expect to see Henderson and Milner.

Would love to see Suarez in the side, he always enjoyed playing Norwich!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Klopp loves his winter break, so we'll be out in 3rd round of FA Cup, and the Pepsi Granola Cup.
    Not sure these winter breaks gives us an advantage though, we always seem to struggle when we get back.

They struggle to pick back up the momentum immediately after getting back alright, but I think it really pays dividends towards the end of the season. Think it's a big part of being able to sustain that match winning form game after game in those final tense weeks of the season. Lads didn't look like they were falling over the line... if anything, they actually picked up the pace over the last month.

Norwich. Crucial, most important game of the season! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    They struggle to pick back up the momentum immediately after getting back alright, but I think it really pays dividends towards the end of the season. Think it's a big part of being able to sustain that match winning form game after game in those final tense weeks of the season. Lads didn't look like they were falling over the line... if anything, they actually picked up the pace over the last month.
    Yeah think it really told towards the end of the season just gone by and I was prob one of the biggest critics at the time because of the lacklustre performances straight after the training camps

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Think the side tomorrow will be Alisson, Trent, Gomez, VVD, Robertson, Fab, Hendo, Gini, Mo, Bobby & Ox. There is no need to risk starting Sadio or even Milner against Norwich but I expect them to start vs Chelsea next Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

We should have snapped Carroll up, great option off the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Suarez caused a little bit of a storm on Twitter during the week:) Apparently mutv had their usual pannelists on a talk show and all three guests said that their club should sign the crazy Uruguayan and this is what lead to a little campaign to boycott mutv. Some Utd supporters were livid that the explayers would suggest signing a player that racially abused Evra.

• Advertisement

54&56 wrote: »
    Would love to see Suarez in the side, he always enjoyed playing Norwich!

ah, memories of games v Norwich :D

DamagedFavoriteCurlew-max-1mb.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Jesus Wept wrote: »

Jesus Wept indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

He’s probably worth two Iwobi’s these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Really looking forward to tomorrow nights game now. Love a Friday night game. Glad the window is finally shut now too. I've never seen so many people lose their minds over things that never ended up happening. It's just weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

Just hope a few other teams this season have the balls to go toe to toe with City and at least give them a game.

Just hope a few other teams this season have the balls to go toe to toe with City and at least give them a game.

I wish we were playing them tomorrow tbh. Get it done early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Would have enjoyed that just to see you change your name back to Andy Carroll alone :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Owl. wrote: »
    Really looking forward to tomorrow nights game now. Love a Friday night game. Glad the window is finally shut now too. I've never seen so many people lose their minds over things that never ended up happening. It's just weird.

I blame Sky and Utd for pretending to sign players.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

We do need that hallowed Plan B. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I can remember quite a big game,we played Norwich at home,and lost, never can tell how things will play out in footie :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

First day of "Our Year" today.

Last year wasn't half bad mind you :D

• Advertisement

I can only hope, like last year, come January we're still in it and everyone else is supporting City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

I can remember quite a big game,we played Norwich at home,and lost, never can tell how things will play out in footie :)

Last game in front of the old standing Kop! 1-0 loss. Poor stuff, I remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I can only hope, like last year, come January we're still in it and everyone else is supporting City.

City can win the league for the next 10 years in a row and still other fans will be happy that "at least it's not Liverpool".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Technically "last year" with all our success was this year. You really mean last season right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

Friday Day Night Lights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

66403384_391448511508395_2254090930708043095_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Gbear wrote: »
    We also have to travel to Qatar for it just before the busiest part of the season.

Be thankful it is not Japan like last time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

66403384_391448511508395_2254090930708043095_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram.com

Players now allowed to touch the sign as they walk out after winning number 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://twitter.com/Watch_LFC/status/1159750633404162051?s=19

Can't say I'd disagree with this. The way it's gone now is Couthino would need Liverpool more than Liverpool would need him.

Bascombe has an article out as well.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/08/08/jurgen-klopp-says-liverpool-have-prove-right-not-spend-big-keep/

I would have been happy enough with a package deal of €100M unless the result was we'd have to give VVD back to Southampton. All's well that ends well.

• Advertisement

I see some of the moderation rules have been tightened particularly in relation to abusing players. I think we can all be thankful Moreno's gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

It must feel terrible for him,his dream move,be a big star at Barca,and he's hated by the fans and isn't wanted by the manager..

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahshhahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Took a huge amount of pleasure at Coutinho / Suarez getting shut down and boxed out in the second leg. Pure sporting justice is a rarity, it was very satisfying.

Delighted we didn’t go back in for Coutinho. Thanks for the odd memory but mostly the money, I hope the door didn’t hit you on the way out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Back in time for Norwich (unlike Suarez :() :D

Now who did we sign? Pepe? Fernandez? Mbappe? Turan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Back in time for Norwich (unlike Suarez :() :D

Now who did we sign? Pepe? Fernandez? Mbappe? Turan?

All of the above. Funds raised by the €180 million sale of Rafa Camacho. Edwards strikes again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm expecting Wilson to be sold to Bournemouth next summer for 30m

mp,550x550,matte,ffffff,t.3u4.jpg

and I'm not mad honestly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They can have him for free if he scores the winners in both games against City and we win the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

After a lot of doom & gloom over the summer, we should start off with a nice win to nil tonight. I'd take the 3 points and 1-0 now if offered, just to get off the mark and up and running. A big 4-0 scoreline is nice, but 3 points is nicer!

Alisson
    Trent Gomez VVD Robertson
    Hendo Fabinho Gini
    Salah Firmino Origi

I would have liked Ox or Keita to start, but think they will see game time from the bench this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

FitzShane wrote: »
    After a lot of doom & gloom over the summer, we should start off with a nice win to nil tonight. I'd take the 3 points and 1-0 now if offered, just to get off the mark and up and running. A big 4-0 scoreline is nice, but 3 points is nicer!

Alisson
    Hendo Fabinho Gini
    Salah Firmino Origi

I would have liked Ox or Keita to start, but think they will see game time from the bench this evening.

I think Matip does not deserve to lose his place. He was excellent coming into the team after Gomez was injured last year.

We can expect a lot of rotation in midfield this year.

Is Mane not starting? I'm sure he'll want a big season to engineer a move to one of Europe's top clubs. Ah I'm kidding I know that we are quite literally Europe's top club until next May sometime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Mane has scored on opening day for the past 3 years....and I've made him Fantasy Football captain...

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I think Matip does not deserve to lose his place. He was excellent coming into the team after Gomez was injured last year.

We can expect a lot of rotation in midfield this year.

Yep it is harsh on Matip, especially after his finish to the season last year. Gomez started the Charity Shield so he may start again tonight. His recovery pace is a big asset and while Matip has other attributes like being able to carry the ball into midfield, Gomez can also pass quickly through the lines.Norwich will come for the draw, so quick passing through the lines will be an asset tonight IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Grayditch wrote: »
    Mane has scored on opening day for the past 3 years....and I've made him Fantasy Football captain...

Hopefully he starts. He's only been off for 2 weeks and back training since Monday. Prefer to see Matip start ahead of Gomez too. He was great in the run in and deserves to keep his place. Fabinho, Wijnaldum and Keita in midfield please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

FitzShane wrote: »

Alisson
    Hendo Fabinho Gini
    Salah Firmino Origi

What doom and gloom? We’re champions of Europe? It’s been the most enjoyable summer from a football perspective in 14 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

VAR going to be really interesting, we could see alot more goals on corners.

Not sure of his username here, but I am excited to see the new European Cup winning managers banner tonight from the Irish lads!

liverpool-chelsea-uefa-super-cup-2019-by-jafarjeef-ddc1njz-pre.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

dmigsy wrote: »
    Hopefully he starts. He's only been off for 2 weeks and back training since Monday. Prefer to see Matip start ahead of Gomez too. He was great in the run in and deserves to keep his place. Fabinho, Wijnaldum and Keita in midfield please.
    Mane may be on the bench - Klopp said in the press conference yesterday that he only had one session with the squad. He arrived back at the club on Monday after the session was finished, he was evaluated and trained on his own on Tuesday as the the rest of the squad had a rest day so Wednesday was his first session with the team.

Gomez seemed a bit off the pace early on in the Charity Shield. Norwich should provide a chance for him to get his rhythm - he needs minutes on the pitch. Matip looked okay when he replaced TAA so he's ready if required.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement