Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

It's a forced meme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

I feel like tomorrow will be remarkably easy if we take our chances. Salah back in the goals will hopefully give him some much-needed confidence.

You's aren't playing till Sunday lad, and your boys will have to get a shot on target in order to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

garra wrote: »
    You's aren't playing till Sunday lad, and your boys will have to get a shot on target in order to win.

Oh!

be garra'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

If you churn out the same thing over and over and over and over it may eventually become true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

If you churn out the same thing over and over and over and over it may eventually become true.

Is this irony?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,925 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Heard this today the last time Salah was involved in a Liverpool league defeat at Anfield was the Gerrard slip game. He has never lost a home league game as a Liverpool player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Like you telling us what we can and can't discuss?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

I am really going to enjoy this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYEhgkjJpJc

00:35 being the highlight of the trailer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

DVDM93 wrote: »

No-one will watch episode 1,

Episode 2 is where the fun is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

DVDM93 wrote: »

They didn't count on Trent!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Heard this today the last time Salah was involved in a Liverpool league defeat at Anfield was the Gerrard slip game. He has never lost a home league game as a Liverpool player.

Andy Robertson likewise, not to mention VVD, Alisson, Fabinho, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Naby Keita and Xherdan Shaqiri.

There's going to be a hell of a rebuilding job to do when it finally happens.

200.webp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Andy Robertson likewise, not to mention VVD, Alisson, Fabinho, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Naby Keita and Xherdan Shaqiri.

There's going to be a hell of a rebuilding job to do when it finally happens.

200.webp

Careful now...you’ll be called a soothsayer for suggesting such a thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I think what you're saying is that it's our year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

That's the kind of stat you should have saved for when we only need to beat Wolves at home to win the league. I don't care if we lose tomorrow now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

It is like night follows day when Coulson posts or as the Utd fans on here like to say rent free.

It is like night follows day when Coulson posts or as the Utd fans on here like to say rent free.

You're really into the social side of boards LOL. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,088 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Eh forgetting about Sadio!!

He has never lost a PL or CL game at Anfield, for any team!

1561478103_010344_noticia_normal.jpg

How long we expecting it to be before those images can’t be posted?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Completely on topic as they were taking about Liverpool, Jo Wilson is class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Turtyturd wrote: »
    How long we expecting it to be before those images can’t be posted?

Oh,, on the Liverpool thread, I’d say forever

il_fullxfull.1948191575_olx4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Had dream last night that Trent moved to City, and all hell broke loose, Klopp and Trent were at each others throats, lots of put downs from each of them towards the other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

"I only wanted to make it more dramatic":D

I guess he'll not be a fan of a sequel to Being Liverpool.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-fc-brendan-rodgers-manager-leicester-city-celtic-fsg-john-henry-epl-a9142616.html

Interesting read ahead of tomorrow. A lot of it is common knowledge, and some is as cringey as f*ck but it good to see it all laid out. Good to see the two faced aspect of the tenure were as frustrating for FSG as the fans.

• Advertisement

Great read.

"The Northern Irishman sketched a drawing of a figure wearing a crown to illustrate to Balotelli that ‘we are all kings of our own destiny’." :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Good read that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

My bad lads, Matip IS the best defender at the club this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Damien360

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-fc-brendan-rodgers-manager-leicester-city-celtic-fsg-john-henry-epl-a9142616.html

Interesting read ahead of tomorrow. A lot of it is common knowledge, and some is as cringey as f*ck but it good to see it all laid out. Good to see the two faced aspect of the tenure were as frustrating for FSG as the fans.

Very good. But you couldn’t point out Rodgers waffle in here at the time and still meets some resistance today. Always back to the title that he nearly achieved and the respect he should be afforded for that.

In fairness to him, I haven’t heard many excuses in interviews from him since joining Leicester. Very little waffle in fact. His star is definitely rising among the press again.

Ole on the other hand seems to have inherited all of Rodgers old excuses and bull. See great performance from the lads recently that has split the Utd boards camp in two. Has all the hallmarks of Rodgers final tenure at LFC with talk of respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I still blame Rodgers tactical ineptitude on that Chelsea defeat. Yes he got us second but also cost us the league

• Advertisement

Fantastic read.

I'm sure there are some who won't believe it that Rodgers was a out of depth and a bluffer in part.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    I still blame Rodgers tactical ineptitude on that Chelsea defeat. Yes he got us second but also cost us the league

Agree. Had the team set up wrong from the kickoff.

Would also attribute some of the blame to Gerrard...not because of the slip but because he spent the second half trying to single handily atone for it.

Great breakdown of Rodgers time from Simon Hughes and James Pearce in the Athletic too if anyone subscribes.

Got the job too soon it may turn out to be proven - how well he does with Leicester/next big club will show us what he has learned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Rodgers big flaw was his transfer business.

He bought Allen,Borini,Lambert,Lallana. Then 2013 is was the commitee who bought players like Aspas & Alberto. Both had good careers but never really got a chance. Wanted Dempsey,Williams & Bertrand too.

Leicester surely have not given him too much say in there transfers. He is an excellent coach. He has stopped with all the David Brent type talk at Leicester too.

Well all their recruitment team left two weeks after he arrived so I feel the lesson hasn't been learned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

In fairness to him he lead the club to arguably one of the best league campaigns since 2008, last season obviously takes the prize but after that I'm thinking the 13/14 season. Some very memorable wins in that season, we actually looked unstoppable at times.

Klopp has definitely brought us on to the next level with constant improvements, league cup finalist then Europa league finalist followed by Champions league finalist and obviously Champions league winner.

.G. wrote: »
    Great breakdown of Rodgers time from Simon Hughes and James Pearce in the Athletic too if anyone subscribes.

Wonder how Pearce views him now. Think he was clearly getting fed information from him so his articles were always very favorable.

Wonder how Pearce views him now. Think he was clearly getting fed information from him so his articles were always very favorable.

He makes similar points as the article you linked to, highlights his many faux pas but gives him his due credit for 13-14 and rubbishes those who believe that was all down to Suarez.

Well all their recruitment team left two weeks after he arrived so I feel the lesson hasn't been learned.

Lee Congerton is the head of talent spotting, his record is terrible everywhere apparently.

• Advertisement

Best in the World wins player of the month.

EfcGhFM.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

That was a good read this bit stood out to me.

Suarez and Raheem Sterling are not the only players who believe that the manager broke promises to them.

there seems to be a lot of players over the years that say the same and some out right say Brendan lied to them Andy Carroll and Agger both did as well. i also remember reading it happened at Celtic as well a good few times lying is not a great trait.

That was a good read this bit stood out to me.

there seems to be a lot of players over the years that say the same and some out right say Brendan lied to them Andy Carroll and Agger both did as well. i also remember reading it happened at Celtic as well a good few times lying is not a great trait.

Agger was the first one I thought of as well. Remember him saying he went to him and asked him what he needed to do to get back into the team and was told that what he was doing was fine and then just never got selected.

I think once a bit of pressure comes on it’ll be the same at Leicester, players, owners, and back room staff being thrown under the bus to save himself. As the article highlights, the club is secondary to making sure he looks good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

lying is not a great trait.

My father, before he left my family to undertake various important missions for NASA on the moon, always told me to never lie. In fact, it's sheer honesty which I attribute my Nobel prize for human rights to. That and being incredibly sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

a hear if I was to list the managers who lied to and annoyed me over the years it would be a very long list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Agree. Had the team set up wrong from the kickoff.

Would also attribute some of the blame to Gerrard...not because of the slip but because he spent the second half trying to single handily atone for it.

The image of him trying to grab the ball off Mourinho when it was 0-0 is etched into my brain. I think it was more damaging than the slip.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Do they still do commentary of the game on Citytalk? Have to do a load of driving today and I'll miss it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

brevity wrote: »
    The image of him trying to grab the ball off Mourinho when it was 0-0 is etched into my brain. I think it was more damaging than the slip.

Get a grip of yourself will ya

Letting in 50 odd league goals that season killed us. Rodgers couldn't grasp the defensive side of coaching.

Leicester seem to be a lot tighter at the back to give him credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Taken from the Guardian interview:-

"Recruitment was a recurring problem during Rodgers’ time at Liverpool, with the young, driven manager often at odds with the transfer committee that has worked so successfully alongside Klopp. And it is here, perhaps more than in any other facet of management, that Rodgers differs from the 39-year-old who walked into one of the biggest jobs in world football in 2012. FSG’s restrictions on the age of transfer targets was one source of irritation for the former Liverpool manager, who wanted to exchange Jordan Henderson for Fulham’s Clint Dempsey at the start of his tenure. Pushing for Christian Benteke, while appearing unsure how best to maximise the glorious gifts of Roberto Firmino, was another head-scratcher during Rodgers’ reign. The conflict, he maintains, would not happen now.

“What experience has given me is I’m much more relaxed now on that front,” he says of transfers. “My strengths are managing players and coaching players. As a modern manager at the top level it’s very difficult to have the time to go out looking at players. I know what my strengths are, and when I come into a club I try to make it clear in terms of the type of game I want to play. Then you put your trust in your recruitment team and the club to get the players in."

Seems like he has learned to concentrate on his strengths (coaching and tactics) and leave the transfers to a Dir of Football / Transfer Committee type setup.

That is a real testament to his maturity in fairness.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement