Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

For international fans..

b]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

brevity wrote: »
    The image of him trying to grab the ball off Mourinho when it was 0-0 is etched into my brain. I think it was more damaging than the slip.

I had actually forgotten that happened in the 6th minute. Madness that we were carrying on like that so early and it was still nil all. Especially when all we needed was a draw.

Naivety from everyone that day, including the coaching and playing staff. Especially the manager and the senior players on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I had actually forgotten that happened in the 6th minute. Madness that we were carrying on like that so early and it was still nil all. Especially when all we needed was a draw.

Naivety from everyone that day, including the coaching and playing staff. Especially the manager and the senior players on the pitch.

Reading these comments has left my stomach in knots with anxiety more than anything football related ever has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Ah it was naivety and inexperience. We’d been so brilliant in beating City that we got carried away. The key to the match though was we weren’t able to break down the Chelsea defense in the second half, despite having all the ball. Not good enough. Over the course of the season, we were just marginally the second best team in the league , like last season. Time to move on!

Reading these comments has left my stomach in knots with anxiety more than anything football related ever has.

Huh?

• Advertisement

Anyone know if Egypt, Senegal and Brazil all have a match or two in the international break?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyone know if Egypt, Senegal and Brazil all have a match or two in the international break?

Mo hasn't been picked for Egypt.

Ah it was naivety and inexperience. We’d been so brilliant in beating City that we got carried away. The key to the match though was we weren’t able to break down the Chelsea defense in the second half, despite having all the ball. Not good enough. Over the course of the season, we were just marginally the second best team in the league , like last season. Time to move on!

Oh I've moved on alright, that's why I said I had forgotten that the incident took place in the 6th minute!

Just an fyi, naivety actually already means a lack of experience or inexperience as you put it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Senegal are playing Brazil in a friendly in Singapore on the Thursday. Brazil have a second game on the Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Huh?

Brain not functioning. Recalling that match is making me feel physically sick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Peatys wrote: »
    For international fans..

b]

Live Soccer TV Timetable App for Android phone users who travel internationally a lot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

brevity wrote: »
    The image of him trying to grab the ball off Mourinho when it was 0-0 is etched into my brain. I think it was more damaging than the slip.

Yep, and the shots every time he got the ball in the second half.

Completely understand a lot of fans choosing to overlook it but it was frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

We were never going to setup any other way against Chelsea, some of the football we were playing up to that point was unreal, we had no other plan. The only thing that really annoys me about the set up looking back at it now was we were trying to play at 100 mph looking for a a goal in that first half at 0-0 when we could have taken our time a bit but the title was on the line, emotions high and the squad lacked that experience needed to cope.

As for Gerrard trying to score with aimless shots, I cant blame him, its understandable, someone should have stood up and just tried to settle him but it would have been hard to do at the time, everyone was in a panic......all in all it showed how naive we were and its not surprising, that set of players and manager had no experience in a real title challenge.

That season was still one of my favourites ever, but I do look back at it as a bit heartbreaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://www.goal.com/en/news/i-was-ashamed-fekirs-former-agent-blames-players-entourage/1llqo6rq23phd1uwltpb4qbkgz
    “Nabil was Liverpool’s priority. I worked for four months with the Liverpool representatives, with (Liverpool manager) Jurgen Klopp, Jean-Michel Aulas, everything was ready," Bernes told Canal+.

"Nabil was already aware of his future contract, which would have seen him earn around €45m (£40m/$49m) over five years.

"And on the day that the contract was supposed to be signed, at Rambouillet, we saw a lawyer and Nabil’s brother-in-law arrive who said: ‘Stop everything, discussions have to start all over again.’

"It was surreal. We thought that we were in a Walt Disney film.”

Bernes did admit that Fekir's history of knee injuries were a factor in the deal falling through.

"There were two elements," Bernes said. "The player’s medical was negative and the second element was that when you want to sign for a big club like Liverpool, you need a certain attitude.

"When the Liverpool guys witnessed this cinema, Sometimes when a player has an injury, representatives can make an effort to make it work.”

“The brother-in-law of Nabil Fekir all of a sudden acted like a player’s agent," Bernes continued. "He wanted a commission, everyone knows, it is fashionable these days.

"[Fekir] was on a cloud, he seemed to have transformed, he didn’t even greet the Liverpool representatives.

"He arrived after the medical, everyone was looking at each other, the Liverpool representatives were wondering where they were. I was ashamed.”

Interview with Fekir's former agent about how the Liverpool deal fell apart

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

NukaCola wrote: »
    We were never going to setup any other way against Chelsea, some of the football we were playing up to that point was unreal, we had no other plan. The only thing that really annoys me about the set up looking back at it now was we were trying to play at 100 mph looking for a a goal in that first half at 0-0 when we could have taken our time a bit but the title was on the line, emotions high and the squad lacked that experience needed to cope.

As for Gerrard trying to score with aimless shots, I cant blame him, its understandable, someone should have stood up and just tried to settle him but it would have been hard to do at the time, everyone was in a panic......all in all it showed how naive we were and its not surprising, that set of players and manager had no experience in a real title challenge.

That season was still one of my favourites ever, but I do look back at it as a bit heartbreaking.

Precisely, serious case of hindsight going on that people wanted us to change how we were playing when we were obliterating teams before that, Rodgers sets it up defensively or changes tactics and we don't win he'd have been slaugtered anyway, fcked if you do fcked if you don't kind of thing.

Oh I've moved on alright, that's why I said I had forgotten that the incident took place in the 6th minute!

Just an fyi, naivety actually already means a lack of experience or inexperience as you put it.
    ‘Just an fyi’. 🙄

Not sure why you think I’d come to a football board for English lessons! My post was perfectly understandable, so I don’t need your input re my use of words. If you think only inexperienced teams can play a match with naive tactics, that’s fine. I don’t care what you think naivety ‘actually already means’.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

It's a miracle that this Spurs team took points off City.

yeah yeah I know jinx and all that, they'll beat us in three weeks now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Like the look of Aaron Connolly for Brighton.
    Think he has something about him. Giving Spurs defence a hard time.
    Only 19...and from Galway...great to see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Recall at the start of the season a lad arguing with me they would certainly finish third what an ejit he was however I was arguing Utd would as usual I’m the bigger clown 🙈

Don’t worry, losing to them will pale in comparison to losing 1-0 to an solksjaer managed man u team as rashford scores his last goal of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

ERG89 wrote: »
    https://www.goal.com/en/news/i-was-ashamed-fekirs-former-agent-blames-players-entourage/1llqo6rq23phd1uwltpb4qbkgz

Interview with Fekir's former agent about how the Liverpool deal fell apart

If we take that as gospel looks like the club would have been wise to swerve him
    for reasons of 'character' - it's one thing for a family hanger on to create a problem it's far worse if the player is complicit

edit - this article from the summer sez the same thing

https://tribuna.com/en/liverpoolfc/news/3390977/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

So we're on TV today. That's good.
    Would have thought this would have been a show piece game for Sky of BT Sports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Where on tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,925 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lallana and Lovren and £50m for Son in January

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

noodler wrote: »
    Where on tv

Premier 1 HD, Sky ch 412

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

noodler wrote: »

Where on tv

Premier sports one gents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Balls only have now tv

Lallana and Lovren and £50m for Son in January

We've moved on, its now Dominik Szoboszlai who is the desired target, plus Takumi Minamino and Hee-chan Hwang

‘Just an fyi’. 🙄

Not sure why you think I’d come to a football board for English lessons! My post was perfectly understandable, so I don’t need your input re my use of words. If you think only inexperienced teams can play a match with naive tactics, that’s fine. I don’t care what you think naivety ‘actually already means’.

You seem upset. There is no need to be I was only replying to your post. :)

I just said I had moved on from that match because you suggested different.

And fyi that is what naivety actually means it's not just my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,738 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Lovern and milner in for matip and Henderson

Lovren
    EGHdR4tXoAEP-B_?format=jpg&name=medium

Mummy! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Gomez didn't have his best game midweek but still...Lovren.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Lovren..... -_-

I'm ok with that Gomez got his chance a blew it.

Lovren now gets his.

• Advertisement

Massively worried now, Lovren managed to look bad against MK Dons and now we're starting him against Vardy, outside of Hazard probably the player to cause us the most discomfort over the past few seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,738 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Elliot on the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Elliot on the bench

What age is he?

Nearly more interesting Henderson who was also woeful gets dropped as well for Milner.

Great to see Elliott being reward for the league cup game getting a place on the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

What age is he?

16 I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Massively worried now, Lovren managed to look bad against MK Dons and now we're starting him against Vardy, outside of Hazard probably the player to cause us the most discomfort over the past few seasons.

Lovren when he's playing regularly can be grand but Lovren with no real game time behind him is a scary prospect.

Hopefully works out ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Gomez pace better against Vardy. Strange decision. Don't think he was as bad as made out midweek and he only gets better with game time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Our slowest centre back up against Vardy. Doesn’t seem like a good idea on paper.

I suppose if Lovren was ever going to get a game for us, it’d be now after the game Gomez just had and with Matip still injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Lovern big game coming up. He will be fine.

A rusty Gomez is still better than a rusty Lovren, hopefully the front 3 are on fire because we might need a few today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Klopp don't play, you blow your chance your back down the pecking order. Lovren is fine with Van Dijk. Delighted to see Elliot make the bench, if your good enough your old enough.

Hopefully it’s drummed into Lovren to do the basic stuff and that’s it. None of his Billy Big Balls sh!t that ends with him embarrassing himself 9 times out of 10.

Foxes will get something out of this game, Lovren always gives up a guilt edged chance and Vardy will be coming down his flank assuming VVD plays his usual position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Vardy is going to tear Lovren a new hole he can climb into until he leave for Roma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

.G. wrote: »
    Gomez pace better against Vardy. Strange decision. Don't think he was as bad as made out midweek and he only gets better with game time.

Unless Gomez has a small problem or is unwell so Klopp going with Lovern as he's 100%. It takes most players a few games to get up to speed when they come back in.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement