Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Oranage2 is being so generous spreading his salt around multiple threads. Do you need a tissue to wipe away the tears?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Damien360

FitzShane wrote: »
    I may have missed earlier posts saying the same but Lovren was good today, to be fair to him. I was worried when he was named in the team but he proved me wrong today. He is capable of it, just consistency is not his strong point.

Hands up. I was also wrong. Very worried about Lovern’s appearance today.

"lost interest" in football no doubt :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Lads stop doing that rating thing please.

It's silly.

We won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I've not been too impressed by him any time I've seen him, though I don't watch much of liverpool since I'm a married man in full time employment.

I'd compare him to a Patrick Viera and he gets better and better every time i see him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I've not been too impressed by him any time I've seen him, though I don't watch much of liverpool since I'm a married man in full time employment.

But plenty of time to spend in the Liverpool thread :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    He has Fab as 6, clearly hasn’t a clue.

Harsh on Klopp, Fab is the best number 6 at the club.....

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I'd compare him to a Patrick Viera and he gets better and better every time i see him.

I doubt Fabinho would be frightened by Roy keane though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I doubt Fabinho would be frightened by Roy keane though.

Woooosh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Fantastic result today. Sadio is playing like a man possessed, really on top of his game. Great to see that determination and mentality to go til the end. Milner coolness personified.
    Happy days, much needed break now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,574 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

City have such an easy looking run up to Nov 10th when they face us at Anfield , we face United away, Spurs at home and Villa away.
    Will be tough to win next 3 going into that City game.

City have 3 home games and 1 away in run up to the game against Liverpool. Palace away will be only way they could drop points, they won't drop them at home.

ebbsy wrote: »
    Lads stop doing that rating thing please.

It's silly.

We won.

I give this post 10 out of 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

TitianGerm wrote: »
    But plenty of time to spend in the Liverpool thread :confused:

Before today I posted like once in a Liverpool thread in the past 5 months. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Fabinho's alright but he's no Diaby Wilshere Xhaka Coquelin Elneny Guendouzi

Fabinho's alright but he's no Diaby Wilshere Xhaka Coquelin Elneny Guendouzi

Forgot Torreira.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Before today I posted like once in a Liverpool thread in the past 5 months. :confused:

We like it that way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Ahem,you were saying? 😬

Very happy to be wrong :D

Robbo :)

Stolen from the great site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Klopp has signed like 20 players and something like 6 are a success. Of course those 6 are world class so props but every manager has their fair share of misses too.

Mane, Salah, VVD, Robertson, Fabinho, Alison and Wijnaldum have been huge successes. Matip has been a success considering he was a free transfer and his form in 2019

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Very very weird when you don't even look for Arsenal, United, Spurs, Chelsea results anymore because they're not even on the radar of where you're going to finish. Haven't had that feeling as a Liverpool fan ever.

• Advertisement

sorry in advance harry

Goals:

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

Mane of the match:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
    giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Adrian made a couple nice stops but I'm short on space and I think we'd all rather see this again over any of his saves:

giphy.gif

Something about Trent and this corner of Anfield just inspires magic:

giphy.gif

Indisputable (though some have tried):

giphy.gif

Origi with another good cameo, helped create the penalty too:

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

This is just vile, there's a difference between a "taking one for the team" cynical foul and this:

giphy.gif

The young lad's not new to this kind of filth either:

giphy.gif

This is what it means:

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Very very weird when you don't even look for Arsenal, United, Spurs, Chelsea results anymore because they're not even on the radar of where you're going to finish. Haven't had that feeling as a Liverpool fan ever.

And yet if Liverpool do end up winning the league this year, I guarantee the first fans you'll think about with glee will be Man United and Chelsea, not Man City.

Klopp mentioned in one of his post match interviews that he had previous for those type of challenges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

My like was especially for the Adrian clip!

spockety wrote: »
    And yet if Liverpool do end up winning the league this year, I guarantee the first fans you'll think about with glee will be Man United and Chelsea, not Man City.

No, just utd.

Adrian has been fantastic imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

No I'll be happy for my fellow fans first and foremost my good man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

How can you think about something which doesn't exist? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Of course, as it was for most united fans when they won all those titles and liverpool weren't even on the radar.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

TitianGerm wrote: »
    No I'll be happy for my fellow fans first and foremost my good man

Of course, because football isn't tribal and competitive. Is there still a roll eye emoji?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Fair play to Lovren today.
    When he keeps it simple he's actually solid.

Don't know any City fans, and never have never come across one in Ireland afaik, either growing up in school, or as an adult. Almost certainly they have a decent following amongst teens I'd imagine. Success brings fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Had a very brief, unexpected and enjoyable match watching experience today.

Was stuck in a shopping centre with the kids and the missus trying to follow proceedings on flakey 4G.

The missus goes AWOL looking for God knows what so I wander around a bit and notice a small gang of fellas hovering around a Sky sales kiosk....lo and behold they were showing the Liverpool match.

I wasn't long there when Maddison scored and amazingly all of the half a dozen fellas there seemed to be rabid Leicester fans ;-) I swear two of them nearly starting spontaneously shifting as the replays were shown.

Anyway, the last few minutes were nervy to say the least and I was severely outnumbered by Leicester fans at this stage.

I actually burst out laughing when we got the penalty....never doubted that Milner would score. A few of the faux Foxes retreated quickly to a nearby mobile phone case kiosk but I still gave it the full double fist pump and possibly marginally too loud "GET IN" as the ball nestled snugly in the net.

Haven't enjoyed an ending to a game as much since Owen snaked that Cup Final back in the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

6 wrote: »
    Don't know any City fans, and never have never come across one in Ireland afaik, either growing up in school, or as an adult. Almost certainly they have a decent following amongst teens I'd imagine. Success brings fans.
    Really? I know dozens!

Of course, they all followed someone else 12 months ago...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

I know some City fans. They got into City via Oasis, strange stuff.

• Advertisement

https://www.bbc.com/sport/av/football/49945085

Jurgen not happy with challenge on Mo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Yes, because that's who would hurt the most. And Everton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Really? I know dozens!

Of course, they all followed someone else 12 months ago...

Sure during last season about 90% of Utd fans just switched clubs. Stayed in Manchester though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

i've been playing vidoeogames all day what happened, routine home win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'm surprised there wasn't more made on here of the challenge on Salah. I absolutely thought it was a straight red. He literally made no attempt to win the ball, it was all about taking Salah out.

I get it was a 'taking one for the team' tackle because you know you're getting a yellow card, but worth it to stop a potential break and goal. That's fine if you're blocking a player or sticking a foot out to trip the player up, that's a yellow.

But Choudhury flung himself into Salah, it was completely reckless and out of control and could have caused serious injury. I cannot believe a red card wasn't shown.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

monkey9 wrote: »
    I'm surprised there wasn't more made on here of the challenge on Salah. I absolutely thought it was a straight red. He literally made no attempt to win the ball, it was all about taking Salah out.

I get it was a 'taking one for the team' tackle because you know you're getting a yellow card, but worth it to stop a potential break and goal. That's fine if you're blocking a player or sticking a foot out to trip the player up, that's a yellow.

But Choudhury flung himself into Salah, it was completely reckless and out of control and could have caused serious injury. I cannot believe a red card wasn't shown.

Absolutely should have been a red card. He took Salah out, preventing a real goal chance. And was it a tackle from behind? That's not "taking one for the team". Thats ****housery in my book.

monkey9 wrote: »

Think the nature of the win took a lot of attention from the tackle. Definitely deserved a red, same for Ndidi.

Was a disgusting challenge, Ndidi's wasn't great either. The only red card review announced over the tannoy at least was for Trent on Tielemans.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Had a very brief, unexpected and enjoyable match watching experience today.

Was stuck in a shopping centre with the kids and the missus trying to follow proceedings on flakey 4G.

The missus goes AWOL looking for God knows what so I wander around a bit and notice a small gang of fellas hovering around a Sky sales kiosk....lo and behold they were showing the Liverpool match.

I wasn't long there when Maddison scored and amazingly all of the half a dozen fellas there seemed to be rabid Leicester fans ;-) I swear two of them nearly starting spontaneously shifting as the replays were shown.

Anyway, the last few minutes were nervy to say the least and I was severely outnumbered by Leicester fans at this stage.

I actually burst out laughing when we got the penalty....never doubted that Milner would score. A few of the faux Foxes retreated quickly to a nearby mobile phone case kiosk but I still gave it the full double fist pump and possibly marginally too loud "GET IN" as the ball nestled snugly in the net.

Haven't enjoyed an ending to a game as much since Owen snaked that Cup Final back in the day

Them Leicester fans are everywhere

Surely today of all days they’d be cheering for us to keep their slim hopes alive of qualifying for Europe next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭54and56

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Absolutely should have been a red card. He took Salah out, preventing a real goal chance. And was it a tackle from behind? That's not "taking one for the team". Thats ****housery in my book.

Nothing to do with it being a goal chance IMO and the fact it was from behind (more to the side for me) is also not so relevant, as Klopp said it wasn't a tackle it was a cynical out of control lunge made with the exclusive objective of taking out Mo who was in a dangerous position to either score himself or create a scoring chance for a team mate.

If such cynical "fouls" which take the form of heel clip, shirt pull or arm pull warrant a yellow card can any serious referee, player, pundit or manager argue that the same cynical foul executed via an out of control lunge should get the same punishment and not a red card?

Forgot about this one from Choudhury too, Matt Ritchie out for a few months thanks to it, only a yellow as well.

giphy.gif

Had himself a good laugh about it too.

https://twitter.com/footballdaily/status/1167361710749040641?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

has the league been conceded yet or are we simply favourites? ah October it gets earlier every year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Fab was good again today but he really should have done much better for their goal, he needed to take a yellow and bring Maddison down, it was a carbon copy of another goal we conceded with fab in the exact same situation where he let the guy stroll past, think it might have been Napoli but not sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Fab was good again today but he really should have done much better for their goal, he needed to take a yellow and bring Maddison down, it was a carbon copy of another goal we conceded with fab in the exact same situation where he let the guy stroll past, think it might have been Napoli but not sure

Would have been a second yellow.

Thought VVD was a bit sluggish for it and Adrian might have done better.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement