Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Would rather the three points and him not suspended.

That’s just me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Fab was good again today but he really should have done much better for their goal, he needed to take a yellow and bring Maddison down, it was a carbon copy of another goal we conceded with fab in the exact same situation where he let the guy stroll past, think it might have been Napoli but not sure

But was he not already on a yellow by then? Thought he was booked earlier for a real "take one for the team" ? Can't remember who he fouled though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Blondie919 wrote: »
    But was he not already on a yellow by then? Thought he was booked earlier for a real "take one for the team" ? Can't remember who he fouled though

Was he?, fair enough so, Maddison still got by him far too easily though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Yeah Fab was already booked in the first half for bringing Maddison down on the counter, happened about 30 seconds before we scored too so it was a good move from him.

We were weak for their goal in general though, VVD got bypassed too easily and the shot was scuffed right at Adrian.

Allison has to start v Utd. Thanks to Adrian for filling the void but we need our number 1 back from now on.

Allison has to start v Utd. Thanks to Adrian for filling the void but we need our number 1 back from now on.

Yeah he's done an admirable job, far better than I'd expect from Mignolet or Karius over the same stretch, but you don't not play the best goalkeeper in the world when he's fit. Adrian should still get the cup games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Yeah Adrian has been brilliant,don't think anyone could of foreseen him been such a success but I think Allison saves that shot today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

just saw on Sky sports news.

Salah leaving the game was walking out. Limping a bit but if they had more concerns he would be in a boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭giveitholly

MD1990 wrote: »

Salah leaving the game was walking out. Limping a bit but if they had more concerns he would be in a boot.

Great news

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »

Plus its International break now and he won't be playing for Egypt. Gives him time to recover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Good observation on *that great site*

Top 4

Klopp
    Pep
    Rodgers
    Hodgson

Something strange is afoot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Was a disgusting challenge, Ndidi's wasn't great either. The only red card review announced over the tannoy at least was for Trent on Tielemans.
    Disagree if it was Fabinho making that challenge we would be saying “that’s what this team needed someone to take a card”

Disagree if it was Fabinho making that challenge we would be saying “that’s what this team needed someone to take a card”

So it wasn't a nasty challenge?

Think Wijaldum isn't playing great lately.

Brillant at the start of last season hopefully he can regain form soon or Keita can make an impact after the break.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

85% success rate from Mr. Dependable from the spot, 17 from 20.
    Some man, especially given he started and ran for nearly 100 minutes.
    Peach of an assist too.

12 month extension contract in the offing...Absofukinlutely.

• Advertisement

Shearer calls it a dive :pac::pac::pac:

EDIT: And then they all say Klopp only said the Choudhury tackle should've been red in order to deflect from the "bad penalty decision" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Danny Murphy that Choudhury tackle wasn't even a foul wtf!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

Murphy and Shearer just miss the good ole days of rough, tough English football. "In my day it would never be given". All that happy horse****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,574 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

SOft penalty, but a penalty nonetheless .

Funny how VAR confirms it's a penalty, but on the other hand if the ref didn't give it, VAR would not have stepped in to help Ref and award the penalty.
    That's why VAR is a joke at times. They don't want to overrule the ref, and they don't want to step in and help the Ref when Ref misses something vital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭This is it

He definitely caught him but it takes a second for Mane to go down, definitely looked for it and could have stayed on his feet IMO. But why would he, ideal opportunity to grab a winner. Not sure myself whether it was a peno or not but delighted Liverpool won. I'd say it means even more when you think you've dropped two points only to come through with all three!

• Advertisement

Don't know how many times I've seen Shearer argue for a penalty for way less contact than that on Harry Kane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭This is it

SOft penalty, but a penalty nonetheless .

Funny how VAR confirms it's a penalty, but on the other hand if the ref didn't give it, VAR would not have stepped in to help Ref and award the penalty.
    That's why VAR is a joke at times. They don't want to overrule the ref, and they don't want to step in and help the Ref when Ref misses something vital.

Did VAR confirm a peno or did VAR not overturn the ref because it wasn't clear and obvious error by the ref? I was watching on a muted stream.

Must be a ratings things, all discussed beforehand I imagine

'' lets go with, it wasn't a penalty'' , '' Yea, lets do that '''

I seem to recall pretty vividly absolutely everyone explaining that this was a blatant penalty and a nasty kick from van Dijk.

giphy.gif

EDIT: In fact that was the second penalty given to Spurs that game, with the first also being a dive!

giphy.gif

This is it wrote: »
    Did VAR confirm a peno or did VAR not overturn the ref because it wasn't clear and obvious error by the ref? I was watching on a muted stream.

Ref gave it instantly. VAR checked and confirmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Ever since Sky Sports got the rights to show highlights of the premier league on Youtube directly after the game, the MOTD pundits seem to just say stupid things to try and get attention. Best to stir the pot to try and keep people watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I seem to recall pretty vividly absolutely everyone explaining that this was a blatant penalty and a nasty kick from van Dijk.

giphy.gif

God, this still makes me unreasonably angry.

The cruelest part being that it meant that this Salah goal meant nothing:

ItQ6EQW.gif

Umaro wrote: »
    God this still makes me unreasonably angry.

Especially coming after Karius just saved a completely bs penalty 5 minutes beforehand and Salah went up the other end and scored his best goal for the club.

Spurs had more penalties in that game than Liverpool had at Anfield for that entire season.

superb performance today.

We only had less than 72 hours to prepare compared to 6 days for Leicester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

This is it wrote: »
    He definitely caught him but it takes a second for Mane to go down, definitely looked for it and could have stayed on his feet IMO. But why would he, ideal opportunity to grab a winner. Not sure myself whether it was a peno or not but delighted Liverpool won. I'd say it means even more when you think you've dropped two points only to come through with all three!

Albrighton stood on Manes foot. If he doesn't fall to the ground he doesn't get it and it's as simple as that. Yes he's dramatic but we've seen before how nothing is given if it's not clear.

What I'll say though is if there was no contact then he doesn't go down at all and makes the pass to Lalana who has a great opportunity to score as the keeper is out of position. So we had a good chance to score there either way thanks to Manes hard work.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Umaro wrote: »
    God this still makes me unreasonably angry.

But look at Spurs on MOTD now......should put a bit of a smile on your face.

giphy.gif

EDIT: In fact that was the second penalty given to Spurs that game, with the first also being a dive!

giphy.gif

If I'm remembering correctly I believe the term used at the time was "clever" for the Kane one.

Love!
    EGIN9UhWkAAdk5z?format=jpg&name=small

TitianGerm wrote: »
    If I'm remembering correctly I believe the term used at the time was "clever" for the Kane one.

They all bend over backwards to justify Kane's diving

Screenshot-2019-10-05-at-21-58-56.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    But look at Spurs on MOTD now......should put a bit of a smile on your face.

Ah well, I suppose their ongoing collapse does kinda cheer me up!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Keep Adrian in for the season, played 8 won 8, sell Allison for 100m..sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

Great day to be a LFC fan.

Nuno, Wolves and Coady tomorrow.

You know what? When Liverpool win with a contentious penalty it's all the more sweeter. We all love it whether it's a pen or not. And when rival fans and football folk hate it and analyze it to death it's so so sweet. We won. Nothing more they can do about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

It wasn’t soft but these things even themselves out.

giphy.gif

They all bend over backwards to justify Kane's diving

Screenshot-2019-10-05-at-21-58-56.png

Could give a few of the lads in the soccer forum a run for their money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Today was 3.75 V 0.10 on the expected goals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Danny Murphy that Choudhury tackle wasn't even a foul wtf!

Not watching atm, but did he genuinely say this?

You know what? When Liverpool win with a contentious penalty it's all the more sweeter. We all love it whether it's a pen or not. And when rival fans and football folk hate it and analyze it to death it's so so sweet. We won. Nothing more they can do about it.

This isn't directed at yourself, Blondie. I'm just using your post as an example.

It shouldn't amaze me, but it does. The fact that there are people out there trying to pretend that it's not a penalty is laughable. The penalty was 100% a penalty. Mane was fouled in the penalty area. If it was outside the box, it'd be a free and nobody would bat an eyelid. A foul is a foul anywhere on the pitch. Even Albrighton knew himself what he'd done. It was a foul in the penalty area and a deserved win for Liverpool.

monkey9 wrote: »

Didn't say that but he did say it was a standard foul that you see at least once every game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I'm only just watching Match of the Day now and I'm really disappointed that the BBC interviewer after today's game missed a seriously good opportunity to finally ask Brendan Rodgers if he ever thought he would see the day that the European Cup was in his own house.

#unbearable
    #sixtimes
    #cansomeoneputuptheGIFofHendoliftingtheEuropeanCupfortheSixthTime

Didn't say that but he did say it was a standard foul that you see at least once every game.

I know what he's trying to say, but he's wrong. Salah is running at pace and the Leicester lad flings himself at Salah with no intention of winning the ball, it's a clear 'take the man out' challenge. It's dangerous and reckless.

I know what he's trying to say, but he's wrong. Salah is running at pace and the Leicester lad flings himself at Salah with no intention of winning the ball, it's a clear 'take the man out' challenge. It's dangerous and reckless.

Honestly the MOTD lads were just talking all sorts of sh today, saying Klopp was only pretending to be mad about the Choudhury challenge to deflect from the "incorrect penalty decision"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Said it was not a red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I'm only just watching Match of the Day now and I'm really disappointed that the BBC interviewer after today's game missed a seriously good opportunity to finally ask Brendan Rodgers if he ever thought he would see the day that the European Cup was in his own house.

#unbearable
    #sixtimes
    #cansomeoneputuptheGIFofHendoliftingtheEuropeanCupfortheSixthTime

You rang?

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement