Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Yeah, a bit optimistic on the Leeds thing Harry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

This just isn't true.

Adrian played 5 times in all competitions last season, and 22 and 19 in the two seasons prior to that. He was first dropped for Darron Randolph and then replaced by Lukasz Fabianski.

Rate him as highly as you want but there was no guarantee he was going to be any good after that.

I'm thrilled to see how good he has been but it is a surprise, I think.

Yep at West Ham he made a few howlers and Randolph took his spot for a while. A Hammer told me he once caught his own defenders head instead of the ball.

His finest moment though was when he scored the winning penalty in a shootout to dump Everton out of the FA Cup in 2015. Take a look, cool as Fonz he throws his gloves off in the run up to hit the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Yep at West Ham he made a few howlers and Randolph took his spot for a while. A Hammer told me he once caught his own defenders head instead of the ball.

His finest moment though was when he scored the winning penalty in a shootout to dump Everton out of the FA Cup a few years back. Take a look, cool as Fonz he throws his gloves off in the run up to hit the ball.

Yep - poor Kouyate. :pac:

https://twitter.com/football_mumble/status/1161683170951073794

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

As for the peno business - if you ride the foul and stay on your feet they never bring play back for a penalty if there is no advantage (ie assist or goal). Until that happens players will continue to go down screaming.

This is the nub of it really.

He couldn't get a shot or dribble away cleanly because of a foul. He could've stayed on his feet and tried, but until it gets called back after he tries to stay up, the player has to go down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Everything about yesterday’s victory was glorious. A debatable penalty; salt from Leicester after full time; Klopp fist pumping; bags of salt in the general thread. Love it. So much better than the ‘concern trolling’ of year’s last. Long may it continue.

• Advertisement

Lallana so rusty he couldn’t even cruyff turn both of these...

https://streamable.com/9k7p2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

It was a good exchange between Adrian and Vardy, I enjoyed it, it was typical Vardy and his smile reaction probably bothered some but I found it amusing, I don't detest Vardy the way some do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Everything about yesterday’s victory was glorious. A debatable penalty; salt from Leicester after full time; Klopp fist pumping; bags of salt in the general thread. Love it. So much better than the ‘concern trolling’ of year’s last. Long may it continue.

They're very sensitive about people airing their concern towards their own team now. :eek: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

It was a good exchange between Adrian and Vardy, I enjoyed it, it was typical Vardy and his smile reaction probably bothered some but I found it amusing, I don't detest Vardy the way some do.

Me neither.
    Think vardy is great tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://twitter.com/FCRBS_en/status/1180802559285583872?s=19

Serious stats from the Red Bull front 3.

• Advertisement

They're very sensitive about people airing their concern towards their own team now. :eek: :pac:

Don’t think there should be any concerns. I’m reveling in it. Thought they’d peaked when their mourinho failsafe couldn’t do it for them and we got the trademark 3rd season but putting ole at the wheel really was a genius move.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Don’t think there should be any concerns. I’m reveling in it. Thought they’d peaked when their mourinho failsafe couldn’t do it for them and we got the trademark 3rd season but putting ole at the wheel really was a genius move.

I don't have any concern for them either. The longer they're on the outskirts the better, but I will happily admit they're still the number one team I look for in the fixture list besides for their neighbours.

It's an utter feeling of disdain that will never go away, and I'm sure the feeling is mutual for anyone around the same age.

https://twitter.com/Millar_Colin/status/1180512446638907392?s=19

Saw this on Redditt as well. Surely that can't be right though?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/Millar_Colin/status/1180512446638907392?s=19

Saw this on Redditt as well. Surely that can't be right though?

Doubt it. Didn't they go on a mad run when he took over?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

SlickRic wrote: »
    Shearer in hypocrite shocker.

Never forget his take on the Lovren challenge on Calvert-Lewin. Apparently that was a penalty.

The bitterness towards Liverpool is generally astounding. We're lucky there are ex-players in the media to even it out.

We've been denied at least 3 clear penalties this season, and barely a peep. Why? Because we've won our games anyway. This is the first game we actually needed a decision to be given.

As I've said before, we've not even won the League with this team, and the bitterness is palpable. Can you imagine if we actually win it?

Shearer's tone /arrogance was terrible in that, well **** the begrudgers, winning in extra time is the way to wind em.

since he was made permanent I presume

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

https://twitter.com/FCRBS_en/status/1180802559285583872?s=19

Serious stats from the Red Bull front 3.

46 goals in 10 league games.

9 goals in 2 CL games too.

I think it's meant to be since he was appointed manager instead of caretaker after the PSG game. But still doesn't look right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

I think it's meant to be since he was appointed manager instead of caretaker after the PSG game. But still doesn't look right.

Most likely it is right from when made permanent, dont worry those monitoring every post will let us know soon. If you hear nothing assume it's true :)

That stat doesn’t tell the full story tbf...look at the attacking easy on the eye football he’s playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,462 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

https://twitter.com/JackCook95/status/1180736338557095937/video/1

Robertson started it, cheeky soft elbow to the stomach.

hit the I button on sky sports, Southampton welcome frank Lampard s Chelsea, why didn't they name the Southampton manager?discrimination is alive and well in football !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Robbo gives us so much of what we missed for years. And not just from his left foot either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

There was contact and enough contact for it to be a foul.

If he stayed on his feet the ref would not have given the foul.

The get given the foul he needed to fall over so he fell over.

Yeah, Mane didn’t dive. He may have exaggerated the fall, but he’s entitled to the penalty. I always say this in these scenarios, it’s not up to Mane to do Albrighton any favours by staying on his feet and not getting the foul thus allowing the defender away with it. Albrighton has had a rush of blood to the head because he’s had a slight mix up with Schmeichel, lost possession to Mane and tried to rectify his mistake.

The more I see the incident, the more and more unbelievable I find it that there are people who genuinely don’t think it’s a penalty when it quite clearly is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Thats pure cheek! :D

Choudhury's twitter has seen some very nasty racist slurs aimed at him. It was a professional tackle, is that what they call it, tacking out the player and taking the card to benefit his team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Gotta love the little bit of devilment that is in Andy Robbo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Choudhury's twitter has seen some very nasty racist slurs aimed at him. It was a professional tackle, is that what they call it, tacking out the player and taking the card to benefit his team.

Nobody should be subjected to racial slurs and I hope the culprits have the book thrown at them, but let’s be clear, that was far from a “professional tackle”.

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    This is the nub of it really.

He couldn't get a shot or dribble away cleanly because of a foul. He could've stayed on his feet and tried, but until it gets called back after he tries to stay up, the player has to go down.

If that had been Salah instead of Mane, he absolutely would have stayed on his feet to get a shot off and the game finishes one all. That's why i always say Salah is too honest, i'd be shouting at him to just go down and get the foul. Yet people call him him a diver when he's the complete opposite. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

monkey9 wrote: »
    If that had been Salah instead of Mane, he absolutely would have stayed on his feet to get a shot off and the game finishes one all. That's why i always say Salah is too honest, i'd be shouting at him to just go down and get the foul. Yet people call him him a diver when he's the complete opposite. :rolleyes:

Where's that Jurassic Park trembling water gif when it's needed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Love the fact that Robertson has that bit of a niggle in him.

Same when he shoved Messi head last year:)

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Where's that Jurassic Park trembling water gif when it's needed?

:D

Blue moon is in meltdown

"They're on the ground more than Thomas Cook" was one of the better ones, in fairness! :P

BHXqQYI.gif

• Advertisement

Salah's heel gets caught under his upper leg, that was what twisted Salah's ankle and caused the injury. Was an awkward tackle, took the man out on purpose.

Salah moved the ball, after Choudhury committed to leaving his feet to attempt to win the ball? Ball was long gone from where it was when he left his feet though, very bad timing.

Salah's heel gets caught under his upper leg, that was what twisted Salah's ankle and caused the injury. Was an awkward tackle, took the man out on purpose.

It was reckless and out of control is what it was.

monkey9 wrote: »
    It was reckless and out of control is what it was.

Yea, Choudhury made zero other contact with Salah though, other than falling on his heel. Was a silly tackle, awkward and had no chance of winning the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

Choudhury getting lots of racial abuse on Twitter.

• Advertisement

Yea, Choudhury made zero other contact with Salah though, other than falling on his heel. Was a silly tackle, awkward and had no chance of winning the ball.

He could easily have broken Salah's ankle though in an incident where he's making no attempt to win the ball, it's all about taking Salah out of it to break up play and take a yellow card for the team. That to me should be red, you don't need only studs to snap bones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Where is the clinical wolves from.last year when ya need them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

eigrod wrote: »
    Robbo gives us so much of what we missed for years. And not just from his left foot either.

Robbo is almost the complete attacking and defensive left back. The only thing missing from his game now is goals because he is getting into really advanced positions. If you could match Robbo with John Arne Riises ability to score we'd have the best left back in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I dunno.

I'm not sure if the foul was red card bad or if we are judging it on the basis of your man's track record and the injury that occurred.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Got to love it!

Lallana gets assaulted after the penalty by Leicester players and smiles.

https://streamable.com/9k7p2

Robbo brushes past Perez and he loses his sh1t.

https://twitter.com/JackCook95/status/1180736338557095937

noodler wrote: »
    Me neither.
    Think vardy is great tbh

Actually one of my favourite players outside of Liverpool. Good battle between him and Adrian I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Two feet off the ground also, out of control but side on, he didn't go "through" Salah if you get what I mean, its a poor challenge and in real time it looked nasty but not all that surprised that it wasn't a straight red....its hard to prove he didn't try to play the ball and from the replay you could make he case that he was attempting to...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

SAY FCUKING NOTHING :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Steady.

NOPTHING

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement