Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Surprised how many on Blue Moon are calling the league over and focus on the CL. Also, in related good news for former Reds, Stevie about to go 2 pts clear of the Scots Prem with an impressive 4-0 win.

Wonder will Gary Neville be dishing out advice!

Libpool 24 points (3 PPG)

30 games x 2.25 PPG = 67.5 points + 24 = 91.5 points

City 16 points (2 PPG)

30 games x 2.5 PPG = 75 points + 16 = 91 points

So the margin is 0.25 PPG as you can't have half a point to win the league but City may well still have a better goal difference:)

And City have averaged over 2.5 pts per game over the last 2 seasons!

Only 90 pts to play for :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Damien360

Mad to think according to the Utd posters on here that no Liverpool player is good enough to get into there team and Klopp wouldn't be a good enough manager for Utd.

I don’t think I’ve ever read that in Utd thread. Plenty of Utd supporters would love to have Klopp.

If they loose today there will be murder.

Mad to think according to the Utd posters on here that no Liverpool player is good enough to get into there team and Klopp wouldn't be a good enough manager for Utd.

I'd say you'd have to go back 18 months to find a post that ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

mightyreds wrote: »
    Quality reading in there, they believe 5 goalkeeping mistakes happened in our favour and we bribed each goalkeeper also the FA are out to get them and got them knocked out of the champions league last year.

I’d say you’re making it up but there was one of them on here spouting it yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

It’s more likely that if you substituted the word “bad” for “good” in that sentence it would make more sense

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Over the moon to be 8 points ahead.
    Back down to earth knowing the bottling talk will be along very shortly.

To be fair, as long as we maintain our form this should be an after thought; we're winning the league. Let the bitters entertain themselves desperate hopes that they're wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I don't know whats worse; Cutrone's effort at 0-0 or Otamendi's attempted "tackle" on Jimenez for the first goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Bull**** - any time I've been over there, they've been slating their players and praising Klopp.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭ebbsy

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

• Advertisement

They’ve no choice but to praise him. They can’t use the ‘never won a final’ thing any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

ah man I just saw the City result. Has the title been conceded yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Quality reading in there, they believe 5 goalkeeping mistakes happened in our favour and we bribed each goalkeeper also the FA are out to get them and got them knocked out of the champions league last year.

After we beat them in the CL in 2018 they started this narrative that we'd never be successful once VAR was introduced, then we won the CL in 2019 and they started saying we only won because VAR.

They also got knocked out by an overruled VAR goal in the last minute :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

gimli2112 wrote: »
    ah man I just saw the City result. Has the title been conceded yet?

We still have a really shi1tty December ahead of us so im not getting excited yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A couple of them on 606 last night saying it is a conspiracy against City by the FA and Premier League and everyone.

I'd say there will be more of them on it tonight now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

ERG89 wrote: »

I don't know whats worse; Cutrone's effort at 0-0 or Otamendi's attempted "tackle" on Jimenez for the first goal.

Some fine saves by the Wolves keeper too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Vicxas wrote: »
    We still have a really shi1tty December ahead of us so im not getting excited yet.

ah yeah I'm kidding, 8 points really isn't a lot but unlike last year it's a real 8 point lead not 8 and City with a game in hand and the Ethiad to come, although it's a lot earlier in the year.
    I'm still looking at the gap to 5th, this type of stuff is surreal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

ah yeah I'm kidding, 8 points really isn't a lot but unlike last year it's a real 8 point lead not 8 and City with a game in hand and the Ethiad to come, although it's a lot earlier in the year.

only 5th,I am looking at the gap to 11th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Salah's heel gets caught under his upper leg, that was what twisted Salah's ankle and caused the injury. Was an awkward tackle, took the man out on purpose.

Could see past it as just a foul late on if was not a player who has history of reckless lounging tackles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Still have to play away and at home. Was Liverpool not 10 or more ahead at one stage last season ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

For the first time we can city that the league is no longer in city’s hands but an awful long way to go yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Still have to play away and at home. Was Liverpool not 10 or more ahead at one stage last season ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Could see passed at as just a foul late on if was not that player who has history of reckless lounging tackles

It's not like it was a tired tackle either, he was only on the pitch 3 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

fyfe79 wrote: »

Don't lie fyfe it was 30 with 11 games to go the way you think people say Liverpool bottled it last season :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,292 ✭✭✭Grueller

I was working all day and could not access any media at all where I was. Just home and checked the days results. Sh1t day just got better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Don't lie fyfe it was 30 with 11 games to go the way you think people say Liverpool bottled it last season :eek:

Sorry. It was actually eleventy-billion points ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,620 ✭✭✭eigrod

Sky advertising the Man Utd v Liverpool game there... they’re giving it a 90 minute build up. Just fuxk off with that ****.

eigrod wrote: »
    Sky advertising the Man Utd v Liverpool game there... they’re giving it a 90 minute build up. Just fuxk off with that ****.

Really? I thought they were really hyping up the arsenal v man u game last week. The latest clip I noticed in their montage was when Van Gaal threw himself on the ground. Really sums up those two teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

City have now dropped five points in their opening four home games of the season, having dropped just three in the whole of last season and seven the year before that.

It was only the second time in 45 league games that City have failed to score. The last time that happened at home in the league was against Huddersfield in May 2018, by which time they had already won their first title of the Guardiola era.

Long ways to go yet but early indications that City are not quite at their usual heady heights this season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I said it to my City supporting friend during the summer that Kompany would be a massive loss not only on their first 11 but also in the dressing room

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭Cartman78

An Andy Carroll winner would round off the weekend pretty nicely I have to say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,574 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

City can now only get to 106 pts, that means winning all remaining games. The lower their ''possible'' total the better.

Cartman78 wrote: »
    An Andy Carroll winner would round off the weekend pretty nicely I have to say

Good timing
    Newcastle lead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

To be fair, as long as we maintain our form this should be an after thought;.

As well as the season may go, I cant foresee winning all 38 games. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Today is a good day

As well as the season may go, I cant foresee winning all 38 games. :)

It's great that we now don't even have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

What a craker of a goal - Toon 1 up. Please don't sack him:)

What a time to be Liverpool fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

It's great that we now don't even have to.

The luxury of only having to win 36 :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I see carlsburg are making weekends again

United now 2pts above relegation zone. Geez at least Jose had them winning Europa league and finishing 2nd .What chance Everton and United to go down

He's going to be sacked now isn't he :(

United now 2pts above relegation zone. Geez at least Jose had them winning Europa league and finishing 2nd .What chance Everton and United to go down

Too big to go down.....

6 wrote: »

I think he might get to the Liverpool game.

They’re in Everton territory now where they’ve two big league games this season. If he can manage a draw against us the fans will be happy and it’ll save his job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

He needs more time;)

This weekend has been........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

only 5th,I am looking at the gap to 11th

I mean 12th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Ah Jaysus, sky promoting utd/pool already

• Advertisement

Too big to go down.....

I predict some teams being offerred Messi money for players by United in January.

This is a pinch yourself weekend/season.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement