Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Blondie919 wrote: »
    There will probably be pre-season friendlies too!

Everton will take poor Tranmere's place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    MOTD 2 give Salah goal of the month, v Newcastle, the one with the sick Bobby flick.

When /how/ wff did you become a mod ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    MOTD 2 give Salah goal of the month, v Newcastle, the one with the sick Bobby flick.

Deserved

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

cjmc wrote: »
    When /how/ wff did you become a mod ?
    Couple of years ago, because I was asked and why not?
    Not in the soccer though....that would be madness :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Feels like end of days is upon us, with the results this weekend.

If Liverpool keep this up, we will all be banned, so post every post like it’s your last.

Me checking live scores earlier today

giphy.gif

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    If Liverpool keep this up, we will all be banned, so post every post like it’s your last.

I've been carded twice in the last week or so, so why not...

giphy.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Remember in The Matrix when the machines made a previous version too perfect and the humans became suspicious? Is that what's going on here?

• Advertisement

sabat wrote: »
    Remember in The Matrix when the machines made a previous version too perfect and the humans became suspicious? Is that what's going on here?

Is Ole Neo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Feels like end of days is upon us, with the results this weekend.

And a 190 million euro millions. If carlsberg did weekends?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Me checking live scores earlier today

giphy.gif

Me with the City game in the background this afternoon....

wow.gif

Beautiful morning

tenor.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Big 24-48 hours coming up. You’d imagine if he survives them he’ll be at the wheel for our game against them.

Funny thinking back to the whole ‘The players will have nowhere to hide now that ole is in charge cos the fans will never turn on him’ sound bites considering they’re balls deep into ‘ole out’.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

fyfe79 wrote: »
    I've been carded twice in the last week or so, so why not...

giphy.gif

Be careful if you get 5, you get a ban (although I think we're allowed 6 now since June...)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Incredible weekend folks trying not to get carried away but it ain’t easy but I just reminded myself we are 4/5 to win the league we were 1/4 at one stage last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Palace away is a very tricky game for City when the International break is over. The pressure is now huge on them to win every game on the way to beating us at Anfield in November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Incredible weekend folks trying not to get carried away but it ain’t easy but I just reminded myself we are 4/5 to win the league we were 1/4 at one stage last year

At what stage was it 1/4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

This is karma for years of pain in school at the hands of Utd glory hunting little bollixes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I don't care what it is, all I know is that its ****ing glorious.

We're not even playing well :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Thank god I was already at retirement age by the time the changing of the guard occurred.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Thank god I was already at retirement age by the time the changing of the guard occurred.

Didn’t think there was many Utd fans in Plato’s school anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

gafferino wrote: »

that was my only worry from an otherwise fantastic weekend. Noticed the following in a link in the article.

Nine short words from Sky Sports' Gary Neville to strike both fear and delight into the hearts of Liverpool fans: "I don't think they can lose it from here".

This guy's credibility is being obliterated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Didn't think it was a bad challenge to be honest, he caught his ankle with his thigh. Klopp smartly brought it up to gloss over the soft penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

rob316 wrote: »
    Didn't think it was a bad challenge to be honest, he caught his ankle with his thigh. Klopp smartly brought it up to gloss over the soft penalty.

That you Danny?

you must be one of the panellists from MOTD. Loved your work at Southampton and Blackburn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Knowing the bookies, they still have City at 1/3 at the same time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭kingshankly

30th of January

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Deserved

giphy.gif

I don't think he deserved goal of the month as much as Bobby deserved assist of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

24 Liverpool
    16 Man City
    15 Arsenal
    14 Leicester Chelsea Palace
    12 Burnley West Ham
    11 Tottenham Bournemouth
    10 Wolves
    9 Man Utd Sheff Utd Brighton
    8 Aston Villa Newcastle
    7 Southampton Everton
    6 Norwich
    3 Watford

Big gap there to Watford.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Big gap there to Watford.

Yeah, you'd think we're unlikely to be relegated.

Yeah, you'd think we're unlikely to be relegated.

There's so many bad teams between ourselves and Watford I think it unlikely but it's very early in the season to be calling it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/368118-joel-matip-named-pfa-player-of-the-month-for-september

Imagine how many player of the month awards this lad would win if wasn't only a 6 out of 10 player.

There's so many bad teams between ourselves and Watford I think it unlikely but it's very early in the season to be calling it.

Okay, fair enough...

What about now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

So what's the opposite to Melt Down Mondays?

Whatever it is, it's glorious:)

I don't think he deserved goal of the month as much as Bobby deserved assist of the season ever.

Fixed your post.

Matip best Liverpool defender of (September) 2019 :)

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1181147240389324801?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Christ, looking at that points table... I'm glad that we're just 16 points from the magic 40 for being safe from relegation.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Have completely forgotten what not winning in the PL feels like. Was telling myself on 89 mins a draw isn't a bad result as we are bound to drop points. Then they just go and win again. These are great days we're living bros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

And now, an article from The Times:

tudaQXD.png

you must be one of the panellists from MOTD. Loved your work at Southampton and Blackburn.

You'd be annoyed if it was given against you but its a penalty no doubt. It's soft their is nothing wrong with saying that.

" I bet that dog has a brilliant life" Brilliant, Klopp is very enigmatic, I saw him interviewed last week and he said if the club released a clip of him like Red Bull did of their manager going nuts in the dressing room he'd be off. Just enjoy it while it lasts.

You'd be annoyed if it was given against you but its a penalty no doubt. It's soft their is nothing wrong with saying that.

Ah yeah I said much the same yesterday but I don't think Klopp was making up how annoyed he was by the tackle. He was genuinely angry in my opinion and you have to be stretching to think he was doing it to smokescreen a correctly awarded peno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Umaro wrote: »
      And now, an article from The Times:

tudaQXD.png

I need to print that and frame it.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

That Times article clearly outlines the dangers for United fans posting in the LFC thread. The sheer likeability of the team and manager, (and performances of course) would be as tempting for them poor buggers as life in the west for a Russian spy in the 60s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Only 7 teams have won their opening 8 games in all time top flight league in England. Liverpool are the 1st to do it twice, just hope it is not repeat of the last time they done it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

I missed the build up for the Salzburg game but did any player touch the This is Anfield sign? Cause I haven’t seen anyone bar Adrian do it yet in the PL. Was wondering if they would do it in the CL since they’ve won that competition.

It’s a pity we don’t play Man U till after City play there next game it would nice to put the pressure on them to match our results more often now till the end of the season.

Joking aside gotta say that United game is a banana skin. We are overwhelming favorites to win but its still United away at the end of the day. I'd say maybe 5 times I've seen us win there in 20 odd years?

Klopp has to play the team not the occasion, the game there last season was a real missed opportunity and they were ****e then too. No respect, attack their weaknesses and get 3 points.

• Advertisement
    This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement