Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

In this era you couldn't expect more than 7 years from any manager at one club. Im exhausted looking at Klopp I only can imagine how he feels.
    Enjoy him, it will be along time till someone like him comes around again. If he can win a league or 2 or another CL trophy that would be damn nice.

I just hope he can sufficiently rebuild the squad over the next couple years as many of our key players will be over 30 then. That the next man that comes in doesn't have so much to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

there's plenty of examples of managers outstaying their welcome, Arsenal and Wenger being the obvious example. I really disliked Wenger at the outset but by the end felt really sorry for him. I think, in hindsight he did a great job, even at the end, under very difficult circumstances. Ferguson too had his detractors near the end as crazy as it seems. If Klopp were to win a league title and see out his contract you couldn't begrudge him. Hell if he left tomorrow his reign could only be judged as a rip roaring success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The last game Liverpool lost to a team outside the top 6 was January 2018 and they have only lost 3 games since then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/368176-in-numbers-four-years-of-jurgen-klopp

some good numbers in here, obviously they are the ones that are positive but a few interesting ones. This stood out for me -
    67 - players used by the club during Klopp's 221-match tenure.

Remembering that many will be the likes of Steven Caulker, Danny Ward, Brad Smith, Connor Randall, Pedro Chirivella who hardly played or were defenders
    38 - the number of different Liverpool players to have scored under Klopp - Emre Can the first, Ki-Jana Hoever the latest to net for the first time.

is pretty darned impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

The last game Liverpool lost to a team outside the top 6 was January 2018 and they have only lost 3 games since then.

your jinxing us.

We have a mid table club next

• Advertisement

Klopp Time.
    Under Klopp, Liverpool have salvaged 75 points from losing positions (20 wins, 15 draws) ����

⚽️ They've scored 61 goals after the 80th minute, with 24 of those coming in stoppage time ��

https://twitter.com/LFCTransferRoom/status/1181539041726140416?s=20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

By the time that will have happened he would have given more than enough of his time and wonderful effort.

Yeah, true. Sometimes you just don't want something this good to end :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

4 years, 5 finals, 1 European Cup, 1 Super Cup, record 97 points, a whole lotta football and a whole lotta love.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76118afccdf2e50e4c272b9623474b273e9b064b1c03&rid=giphy.gif

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    4 years, 5 finals, 1 European Cup, 1 Super Cup, record 97 points, a whole lotta football and a whole lotta love.

Don't get me wrong here. That list is incredible, but I just don't get celebrating the record points total as we didn't win the league. It makes us seem desperate, none of the other top teams would boast about that. We need to win it. I know we can though, whether it be this season or the next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

fyfe79 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Don’t get me wrong here. This is incredible and really should be celebrated more.

Exactly, it is something worth celebrating. Not some random stat of points in a league campaign that we didn't win.

Edit: Is it worth taking childish potshots at me? I don't do the same to you. Maybe you could just give it a rest?

Awesome time to be an LFC fan.
    giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Change any player for an alternative and that would still have been possible. Change Klopp for an alternative and no chance.

Jurgen Klopp is by far and away the only indispensable person at the club. There’ll come a day that he’ll leave, but I hope that prior to that a bootroom approach will be adopted with someone within the setup ready to step up and carry on in the same vein, using the structures and methods that have been implemented by Klopp.

We don’t need someone coming in, good as they may be, and ripping things up to go in a different direction.

I don’t mean this as a nod to previous club traditions, but as a pragmatic management of change approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/1181615328578670593?s=19

I still can't fathom how Ole was given the wheel after May

Throwing a name out there I think could be a good replacement, Nuno Espirito. There's a touch of Klopp about him, outstanding job at Wolves he has done. A man who has proven can work in a structure and improve players. Plays good football and his teams defend well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭.G.

Klopp is going nowhere til at least 2022, the land may lie very differently by then.

.G. wrote: »
    Klopp is going nowhere til at least 2022, the land may lie very differently by then.

Of course, more admiring NES and he reminds me of Jurgen. Passionate, charismatic and wins football matches with a decent style.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Don't get me wrong here. That list is incredible, but I just don't get celebrating the record points total as we didn't win the league. It makes us seem desperate, none of the other top teams would boast about that. We need to win it. I know we can though, whether it be this season or the next.

I'm celebrating the best Liverpool team I've seen in my lifetime, who along the way amassed a record number of points last year. 97! Unbelieveable! I cannot credit the team enough for what they did last season.
    We/I kind of take them for granted because we've gotten used to the standards they have set for themselves, but they were sensational last season.
    And it all come from one man.
    He's making the people happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

There's only one thing that seems desperate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Mourinho’s greatest achievement was finishing 20 points behind that city team...damn right running them so close last season should be acknowledged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Exactly, it is something worth celebrating. Not some random stat of points in a league campaign that we didn't win.

Edit: Is it worth taking childish potshots at me? I don't do the same to you. Maybe you could just give it a rest?

Maybe you could fuck off you miserable prick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,620 ✭✭✭eigrod

Super Rush

_107178818_gettyimages-691918176.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭garra

Yeah, true. Sometimes you just don't want something this good to end :(

All we can do for the next 3 years is marvel at the football on display, enjoy the manager's persona, take pride in our club's achievements and relish the anxiety of opposition fans. It's a wonderful life eh?

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭giveitholly

All I am going to say about Klopp is thanks

I'm celebrating the best Liverpool team I've seen in my lifetime, who along the way amassed a record number of points last year. 97! Unbelieveable! I cannot credit the team enough for what they did last season.
    We/I kind of take them for granted because we've gotten used to the standards they have set for themselves, but they were sensational last season.
    And it all come from one man.
    He's making the people happy.

I just want the league so badly. I sort of dislike talking about points totals. Look, I will knock it off because people are getting upset about it for some reason.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Maybe you could fuck off you miserable prick.

Is that necessary? C'mon man.

Klopp bringing the best in the world to play for Liverpool.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

And the second best in the world.
    f3325dff4f2d395c9e2d8bf79d5e23d3ec68b0c7.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Klopp bringing the best in the world to play for Liverpool.

giphy.gif

Lifetime contract written in the divil himself' blood please...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Imagine your team was absolute dirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

garra wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    It's a miracle he didn't fall off the back of that bus! :D

tenor.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Grayditch wrote: »
    Imagine your team was absolute dirt.

And the team you despise were flying higher than ever!!

#unbearable

• Advertisement

Good luck charm!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

rob316 wrote: »
    Of course, more admiring NES and he reminds me of Jurgen. Passionate, charismatic and wins football matches with a decent style.

If we wait a few years SNES might be available :D

Norbert64

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,574 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

WHat is it, GIF Tuesday.

GiddyNewBoilweevil-size_restricted.gif

Everyday should be Gif day expect for Harry and his peddle power internet.

In 4 years Klopp rebuild a club and is giving the fans only what they dreamed of in the previous decade of darkness.
    000d0ba6-500.jpg
    1_FBL-EUR-C1-LIVERPOOL-BARCELONA.jpg
    giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭.G.

The ignore script feature is working so well I genuinely have no idea if you are all just posting gifs cos they're great or in response to the visitors.

Can never see these gifs enough though :D

I just like posting cerebrating gifs

.G. wrote: »
    The ignore script feature is working so well I genuinely have no idea if you are all just posting gifs cos they're great or in response to the visitors.

Can never see these gifs enough though :D

They are all posting them to get the thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,573 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Norbert64

How’s the switch going for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭This is it

I haven't a clue what's going on.

The gifs that keep on giving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

This is it wrote: »
    I haven't a clue what's going on.

We won the CL this year
    Some people didn't like it
    We're rubbing their noses in it
    It's what we do
    Worst Fans Ever

All I am going to say about Klopp is thanks
    They are all posting them to get the thanks

Thanks ;)

Thanks ;)

Think you spelt it wrong!!

gimli2112 wrote: »
    We won the CL this year
    Some people didn't like it
    We're rubbing their noses in it
    It's what we do
    Worst Fans Ever

Indeed

liverpool-v-arsenal-premier-league-football-anfield-liverpool-uk-shutterstock-editorial-10366751er.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement