Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Yes he is key in that he offers something none of the others can. I think he has just been unlucky. Last season he was specifically targeted in the Barcelona game and then was played in the Aftrican Nations on bad pitches when clearly not fully fit.
    Klopp and the medical team will slowly introduce him and when he is up to full speed is one of the first choice midfield three for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Could a silly dance up his keyness?

I think we all know the answer to that :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Akabusi wrote: »
    Yes he is key in that he offers something none of the others can. I think he has just been unlucky. Last season he was specifically targeted in the Barcelona game and then was played in the Aftrican Nations on bad pitches when clearly not fully fit.
    Klopp and the medical team will slowly introduce him and when he is up to full speed is one of the first choice midfield three for me.

I'd imagine, ease him in with cup games and coming off the bench in the league for now, no rush until the December/January period which is usually quite congested games wise, and that's when Klopp will need him fully fit. I think we have this World club cup championship on in December as well.

Who do you have Keita ahead of in the current 3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd like to see the squad add one or two players in January just to give a boost after coming back from the World Cup and heading into a busy January where we have been poor the last number of seasons.

Ketia rotates with Henderson in the attacking role for me depending on who we are playing if we need to break down two banks of 4 he is the player to play as he plays between the lines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

Delete that. He might quit if he sees it. And we defo dont want that

My favoured three would be fabinho, Henderson and Keita. Milner and Wijnaldum can be sprung from the bench when legs get tired

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

I'd like to see the squad add one or two players in January just to give a boost after coming back from the World Cup and heading into a busy January where we have been poor the last number of seasons.

Ketia rotates with Henderson in the attacking role for me depending on who we are playing if we need to break down two banks of 4 he is the player to play as he plays between the lines.

Asprilla and Batty

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Our busy period really is in December with the end of the Champions League group stage, the Club World Cup just before the typically busy Christmas/New Year period & maybe a league cup quarter final too.

Had Klopp brought anyone in any of January windows? Oxlade maybe?

robwen wrote: »
    Asprilla and Batty

Newcastle players I'd keep an eye on are Maximin and Longstaff x2.

Maximin looks a player running directly at defenders with a ball scaring the crap out of them.

The Longstaffs look players but more so just to sign them from under Man U.

• Advertisement

VVD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Van dijk but only cuz they messed up signing him the previous summer,Ox was signed in the summer

Bobby & Fab playing against Mane tomorrow hopefully they don't kick lumps out of each other and are sitting chatting on the benches.

VVD

Off course, how could I forget that.

Wouldn't think anyone will be coming in this January so. Edit unless one of the front get a bad injury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

My favoured three would be fabinho, Henderson and Keita. Milner and Wijnaldum can be sprung from the bench when legs get tired

Henderson hasn't been great this season. Seemed to have found his place on the right of the midfield three towards the end of last season, but he's been off the boil so far this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Henderson's had an iffy start so far yeah, he's definitely better when he's not playing in the 6 but his attacking play just hasn't been great so far, a lot of loose forward passing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

If there was an injury to the front 3, I think Klopp would probably rotate Origi and Wijnaldum in the position rather than panic buy in January.

Next summer will have to be a big one though. There's problems with the squad depth that need sorting, and due to the unbelievable start and lack of injuries (touch wood) its faded out as a discussion point on here.

- Full backs don't have cover
    - Lallana and Milner contracts are up in June (though I expect and hope that Milner stays)
    - Remains to be seen if Ox and Keita will become vital to the midfield as their integration has been so disrupted by injury

So maybe 2 full backs and a midfielder in the summer. And possibly Grujic getting a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Im hoping for someone in January but Klopp said in an interview a couple of years back that he doesnt like bringing players in mid season, he places a lot of emphasis on new players having a full pre season and getting to learn the system and they dont play until they know it. Learning the system can take months as it did for Robbo and Fabinho so I can see why Klopp is reluctant to buy players in January as it could be March before they actually play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    I'd imagine, ease him in with cup games and coming off the bench in the league for now, no rush until the December/January period which is usually quite congested games wise, and that's when Klopp will need him fully fit. I think we have this World club cup championship on in December as well.

Who do you have Keita ahead of in the current 3?

All of them if he plays the way he can..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Caulker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

8-10 wrote: »
    Caulker

He brought in another centre back too, he cost quite a bit but his name escapes me.

Umaro wrote: »
    If there was an injury to the front 3, I think Klopp would probably rotate Origi and Wijnaldum in the position rather than panic buy in January..

Would have to agree, if only there was some proof where we could win a big game whilst missing Salah and Firmino?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

My daughter is looking for a liverpool jersey for her birthday next month, was thinking of getting a training top as you know with kids growing so quickly. Any idea of best place online or bricks and mortar to get one?

71821177_3109515705785497_6228354147213639680_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_oc=AQk-VsAXQsvNm-CEFROD7JUMAWL3_ex-ud1IAXpiuoQBd1JM5hC-nPV9YTLYlf5fFAw&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=bf6c24cf366b0b82239e931ad4a34e9d&oe=5E1FFA9C

Leeds scouting Gerrard if Bielsa leaves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Anyone going to the boss night at the grand social next week? Tickets were only announced last week.

The Thursday before the United game. Should be some craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

sweetie wrote: »
    My daughter is looking for a liverpool jersey for her birthday next month, was thinking of getting a training top as you know with kids growing so quickly. Any idea of best place online or bricks and mortar to get one?

Best place is the Liverpool website itself. I doubt you'll get them cheaper elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Theres an official (i think?) Liverpool shop in the Ilac centre in dublin if youre nearby, they usually have a decent range

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

retalivity wrote: »
    Theres an official (i think?) Liverpool shop in the Ilac centre in dublin if youre nearby, they usually have a decent range

Yes it's an official shop alright...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Not sure if posted before but Gomez should be on Free kicks :).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Not the thread for it but United should be having a good look at Biesla to replace Ole.

Gerrard at Leeds would probably go all in for Milner to join him as soon as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gafferino wrote: »
    Best place is the Liverpool website itself. I doubt you'll get them cheaper elsewhere.

New Balance website had a sale on last week and some of the Liverpool stuff was included.

Thanks all, will check those options out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Firmino scored a nice chip for Brazil gainst Senegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Brazil v Senegal on lfctv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

is she a student?

10% off JD Sports with Unidays @ the minute

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

I can give you a 15% discount code I have for Elverys if needs be, just let me know :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Firmino subbed uninjured after 60min happy days.

Mané tearing up the Brazil midfield/defence down the left a joy to watch

DVDM93 wrote: »
    I can give you a 15% discount code I have for Elverys if needs be, just let me know :)

i'm all set thanks, got a code already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

rob316 wrote: »
    He brought in another centre back too, he cost quite a bit but his name escapes me.

Chinese fella, Fan Dook?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Bobby's goal

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I thanked that as it was just the one! :p I see Mane dived to get the equaliser. No? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I thanked that as it was just the one! :p I see Mane dived to get the equaliser. No? :D

Fair play to him, he’s learning. Just need Salah to start doing it now and we’re golden.

#unbearables

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Speaking of unbearable...

Can anyone oblige me and post a Big Ears GIF?
    (It’s almost like someone trying to ward off vampires by always having garlic lying around...)

Speaking of unbearable...

Can anyone oblige me and post a Big Ears GIF?
    (It’s almost like someone trying to ward off vampires by always having garlic lying around...)

tenor.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,633 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Bielsa probably has his scouted already ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

Robbo showing off his defensive chops tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭BullBauld

sweetie wrote: »

Apparently there's a Liverpool store in Liffey Valley....think for a limited time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

giphy.gif

Close up of technique

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement