Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

monkey9 wrote: »
    There was a decent article up on The Athletic last week about how Salah has been evolving as a player while at the club while still posting impressive stats despite the view of some that he’s not playing well or having a poor season.

I think he's a victim of his own success. That first season was ridiculous and he's still been compared to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I think he's a victim of his own success. That first season was ridiculous and he's still been compared to it.

Yeah he definitely gets undue criticism because of this I feel, even when the other forwards aren't doing well either it's Salah that gets the blame. I remember he was getting stick for his performance against Napoli when he was by far the best of the front 3 and nothing was being said about the other 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

He had a few games after the spat with Mane, where he looked shook. It was there for all to see, people were openly saying it in public while I watched the Napoli match. I agree with them too, he looked like he was caught in the headlights a few times against Koulibaly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Salah's the nicest greatest player in the world ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I remember saying it at the time but literally every bounce of the ball was going his way. Every time someone complains about how bad his touch is now it’s not too different to that season but somehow he’d come away with the ball. It was never going to continue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Just saw on Reddit that this is actually Salahs best start to a season ever. 6 goals and 3 assists in his first 11 games (was actually 10 games as I don't think he assisted in the Leicester game).
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    You can tell someone doesn’t like something when they try and shoehorn it into the conversation at every opportunity.
    There was a decent article up on The Athletic last week about how Salah has been evolving as a player while at the club while still posting impressive stats despite the view of some that he’s not playing well or having a poor season.

His stats are good but he doesn't look right so far this season. The amount of simple passes he has misplaced is insane - constantly losing possession. You used to totally back him to finish chances, particularly one on ones, but not now. I'm sure it's just a blip, and even subpar Salah is still awesome, but he's definitely not himself so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

not yet wrote: »
    Levelheaded and coolest you say...

Here hold my beer.

I like you, you I will keep in the new world order in the next superthread. NWO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Tusky wrote: »
    His stats are good but he doesn't look right so far this season. The amount of simple passes he has misplaced is insane - constantly losing possession. You used to totally back him to finish chances, particularly one on ones, but not now. I'm sure it's just a blip, and even subpar Salah is still awesome, but he's definitely not himself so far.

I dunno, even in that season I felt he needed 3-4 shots per goal. Never felt clinical

If Salah wasn't so honest he'd have hit the deck here, we'd have a penalty from some horrendous Koulibaly defending, and nobody would be praising him for a good defensive display.

Optimized-KO-1000x600.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

He had a few games after the spat with Mane, where he looked shook. It was there for all to see, people were openly saying it in public while I watched the Napoli match. I agree with them too, he looked like he was caught in the headlights a few times against Koulibaly.

Give up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Salah has been a bit off form despite a decent start to the season.

Maybe tries a bit too hard at times. But even a bit off form he is very active in games never hides.

Give up.

Why? It's the general consensus that Salah has been slightly off-colour.

Stop looking for attention from me.

Why? It's the general consensus that Salah has been slightly off-colour.

Stop looking for attention from me.

You could just stop looking for attention.

You could just stop looking for attention.

I am going to take a leaf out of the "lads" playbook and use the ignore feature. I find internet stalking very creepy :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Crude measure but he still appears to be influencing games.

I am going to take a leaf out of the "lads" playbook and use the ignore feature. I find internet stalking very creepy :(

:pac:

His stats are great for someone who looked a little off-form. I thought he played better the past couple of games too. He'll come right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Weirdly on the front page of boards this thread is shown to have over 10,000 posts. presumably some got deleted but the database has not taken account of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

The second biggest win after the Super Cup for this thread for me was the total ignore script that @6 posted that even works on quoted posts.

Whats this script? And does this work on the phone app too?

I'm seeing far too many quoted posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Whats this script? And does this work on the phone app too?

I'm seeing far too many quoted posts.

how to install it is in the below link it is a total ignore with quotes as well on desktops etc.

The quote ignore doesn't work on the phone sadly just normal ignore does.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90291041&postcount=23

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I love the fume when we are doing well...

how to install it is in the below link below total it is a total ignore with quotes as well on desktops etc.

The quote ignore doesn't work on the phone sadly just normal ignore does.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90291041&postcount=23

Cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Augeo wrote: »
    Is that not Kerry gooney ?

Your obsession with me is getting bloody weird, to be honest.
    I get the feeling you're only a few posts away from asking me for nudes.

Owl. wrote: »
    Your obsession with me is getting bloody weird, to be honest.
    I get the feeling you're only a few posts away from asking me for nudes.

So did you set up the Potential P Doboy account? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Saw that one alright, peeps be having too much time on their hand's, dedicated trolling tbf...

Did I ****. Someone with too much time on their hands I think. I don't even post much from this account cos I haven't the time anymore.

Haha I genuinely thought that Augeo was confusing you with Kerrygunner:)

Its a funny thread this.

This place will soon be just fake accounts just trying to out fake each other as they drive away everyone else.

I don't think Distilled Media across any of their media platforms care if they are bots fake accounts etc as they drive up views, hits, etc and that is good for charging advertises and making money The Journal, Boards, Daft, Done Deal, Adverts etc are all full of bots and fake accounts

---This post quotes ignored user, click to show---

It works:)

But I was hoping for not to see anything at all, Oh well first world problems and all that.

• Advertisement

But I was hoping for not to see anything at all, Oh well first world problems and all that.

Better than nothing. :p

That was a poster on here who designed it not anyone from Boards themselves which say a lot to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It's like the worse the thread gets, the better the results get and the better the results get, the worse the thread gets and that's fine with me, because the club is in the best place it's been in a long time this is just a thread.

Haha I genuinely thought that Augeo was confusing you with Kerrygunner:)

Its a funny thread this.

Is/was there a poster called Kerrygunner? I mentioned a while ago that my previous account was Kerrigooney and he's had a couple of pops at me since.
    No idea what his problem is.

Is/was there a poster called Kerrygunner? I mentioned a while ago that my previous account was Kerrigooney and he's had a couple of pops at me since.

Yeah I thought there was an Arsenal fan on boards by that name, I could be wrong.

This place will soon be just fake accounts just trying to out fake each other as they drive away everyone else.

I don't think Distilled Media across any of their media platforms care if they are bots fake accounts etc as they drive up views, hits, etc and that is good for charging advertises and making money The Journal, Boards, Daft, Done Deal, Adverts etc are all full of bots and fake accounts

I think it's more down to relevance. Boards.ie was once a significant part of DM, not that it ever made money, Imo. I'd say it's just a pain in the hole for them now. It's like a legacy system kept alive on a shoestring, with little management time put into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Kaisergunner, maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭Speak Now

looks like a bot THat doesn't post just AN account to pay homage to some Known Stirrer.

Last season along with the good start to this season, coupled with their own teams demise is having drastic effects on some people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I was just thinking this morning imagine if Spurs won the CL last year. Don't forgot it was a forgone conclusion we would win after the semis. What a different world it would be.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I was just thinking this morning imagine if Spurs won the CL last year. Don't forgot it was a forgone conclusion we would win after the semis. What a different world it would be.

I think losing to Madrid was the making of this squad it gave them a will to win to prove something to the world that they weren't a one season team.

If they had lost to Spurs after finishing 1 point behind City I think that would have killed them.

If you look back at the end of last season Klopp had aged and put on weight, look at him now he looks like a new man completely refreshed and looks 10 years younger than he did 6 months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

looks like Potentially Pilsbury Doughboy was set up to give certain posters thanks.

Very very sad & pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I never got this whole thanks whoring.

Its the same with likes on Facebook.... never got the appeal

I think losing to Madrid was the making of this squad it gave them a will to win to prove something to the world that they weren't a one season team.

If they had lost to Spurs after finishing 1 point behind City I think that would have killed them.

If you look back at the end of last season Klopp had aged and put on weight, look at him now he looks like a new man completely refreshed and looks 10 years younger than he did 6 months ago.

Not buying that. If Klopp was putting on weight and looking a bit tired it's for the reason many middle aged men and women do esp if it's the end of a draining season of sport at the top level.

Liverpool as a side would have coped fine I think, obviously it's all hypothetical but the side has lots of strong characters in it now. No collapse just a deep breath and focusing on how Liverpool won 97 points (while hopping City get a bit bored).

The last two seasons really show the benefit of having a brilliant manager. After the disappointment of 13/14 the manager and a lot of the players completely wilted and he hadn’t got the ability to build back up. Same thing could’ve easily happened after losing to Madrid but I doubt anyone could’ve picked the players up like Klopp did and bring them back to win it 12 months later while having that league run at the same time.

Conversely if we’d have won it in 13/14 I wouldn’t have been confident in the manager being able to convince the team or himself that they’d ‘made it’ and coast along on that title win, whereas this season under Klopp looks like it’s back to business already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Not buying that. If Klopp was putting on weight and looking a bit tired it's for the reason many middle aged men and women do esp if it's the end of a draining season of sport at the top level.

Liverpool as a side would have coped fine I think, obviously it's all hypothetical but the side has lots of strong characters in it now. No collapse just a deep breath and focusing on how Liverpool won 97 points (while hopping City get a bit bored).

This hitting a bit too close to the bone there Harry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

I ****ing love Jurgen Klopp and if Liverpool never won anything with him in charge I’d be be a bit disappointed for him but still would love him 100%.

But he won the Champions League and Liverpool are Champions of Europe!!! I am delighted for him.

bqR2z9m.gif

There’s this Indian women who is some sort of spiritualist and you can visit her and she hugs you and it’s supposed to be an amazing experience. I used to think that was bull**** but now when I see Klopp hugging players I am starting to think there is something to it.

This hitting a bit too close to the bone there Harry?

Ha! If there is one thing I do not suffer from it's middle-aged spread. I'm as lean as a butchers dog :)

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    I ****ing love Jurgen Klopp and if Liverpool never won anything with him in charge I’d be be a bit disappointed for him but still would love him 100%.

But he won the Champions League and Liverpool are Champions of Europe!!! I am delighted for him.

100% agree with that but the fact that he’s earned a spot on this makes me happier than it probably should....

960x0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭.G.

There's an option when you are setting it up that nukes everything so you see nothing at all. Thats how I have it set up.

EDIT:- In the script options you need to set SCORCHED_EARTH = true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

gimli2112 wrote: »

Big time, the CL win meant that Mane & Salah are safe from a swoop, had we lost it they would likely be thinking of leaving next summer for a big money deal. If we can win the PL this season they are even more likely to stay longer. Also feel that all the players were genuinely surprised and shocked at the size of the crowds during the open top bus parade in Liverpool after the CL win, a lot of them spoke of how amazed they were with the support out on the streets. Things like that help to spur them on to winning more trophies.

I'm so glad we beat Spurs if for no other reason than it makes the Barca comeback matter. So often we've had these huge wins only to not finish the job and have them end up bittersweet, games like the 3-2 against City in 2014 and the comeback in Anfield vs Dortmund. This time we followed it up by actually winning the whole thing.

Like we wouldn't still talk about Olympiacos had we lost to Milan, or Gerrard's 90th minute goal in the FA Cup if West Ham just went on to win in extra time.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement