Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Norwich will do well enough against teams in the bottom half to stay up, if they keep playing like that. Was very impressed with Aarons at right back, he was always left exposed but still managed to get in the way more of Liverpool more often than not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

4 forwards looked sharp, bit **** defensively but that'll improve. Is there a need for that midfield against Norwich, like to see what Keita or Ox could offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Any chance of a thread ban of people whinging about Tyler commentating? He was probably the most name checked in the thread during the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Lost the second half 1-0, not good enough !!! Klopp out :mad::mad:

Seriously though great win, anybody reading anything in that second half needs their head examined. The game was done and both teams knew, very hard not to get sloppy. Hopefully Allisons injury is minor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Any chance of a thread ban of people whinging about Tyler commentating? He was probably the most name checked in the thread during the match.

How about a thread ban on you constantly whinging about other posters instead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Great result, plenty of work to do. Trent needs a work on his concentration, but sod it, first game of the season, no worries, hope they get some decent training in before the trip next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I found carragher more annoying like he went out of his way not to be bias.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Sure just put up a list of things we're allowed discuss at the start of the day and we'll adhere to that.

Origi growing in confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Why are there no match threads anymore?

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Sure just put up a list of things we're allowed discuss at the start of the day and we'll adhere to that.

That's not very original, much like the Tyler chatter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭giveitholly

He was commentating on the match so is relevant to be spoken about,you seriously want thread bans for people who mention him? Seriously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

You're sticking the boot in Carra early.

Bit precious of you, he just made a correct statement that Alisson had a few dodgy passes last season.

I think you post more about Turtyturd than you do about Liverpool any chance you maybe just PM him and stop disrupting the thread with your own issues and bugging the rest of us with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Great start to season and you can't be disappointed with a 4-1 win but just a shame we didn't kick on that 2nd half, trent and gomez were poor, matip shouldn't be dropped i mo, hendo was good but gini and fab may aswell not have played origi although good goal is a hopeless case on the left of that front 3,ox and Keith must have been rested for wednesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Sky are talking through their arse.

Norwich are scutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Klopp confirms its Alisson's calf and he is already ruled out of Wednesday. Sounds like we will be seeing a bit of Adrian for a few weeks at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

54&56 wrote: »
    Saw a lot of him at West Ham and always thought he was a very competent and confident keeper.

At 32 on a free transfer he's a proven keeper who can (and is on this short appearance) be a very capable understudy to Alisson. Good and all as Mingolet was as a shot stopper he was brutal with the ball at his feet (so important these days) and didn't command and have the confidence of his back 4.

A Hammer mate who has seen him a lot told me he is a good shot stopper but susceptible to not coming for balls that should be his. He said he is not always in control of his own 6 yrd box and to expect mistakes on crosses & corners. I loved his pass to TAA off his first touch of the ball but his parry in the second half right back into the box was a blunder off an easy shot to deal with. Time will tell especially if Ali is out for a few games, fingers crossed he isnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Something popped in Ali's calf Klopp said

That could be 6 weeks out.

Your obsession with Coulson and Turtyturd and constant quoting of them to have a dig is more tiring. That post is from yesterday and yet you continue this crap by dragging comments back into conversation. You constantly do this please stop and let it rest you don't like there posts good we all know now. So do yourself and the rest of us a favour and put them on ignore. That goes for everyone else who has a hardon for those posters just ignore them and stop quoting them and continuing on the bull**** in this thread.
    I think you post more about Turtyturd than you do about Liverpool any chance you maybe just PM him and stop disrupting the thread with your own issues and bugging the rest of us with them.

Heed your own advice and just ignore stuff that's annoying you instead of acting like Kevin Costner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Something popped in Ali's calf Klopp said

That could be 6 weeks out.

Karius to return from loan..

• Advertisement

Good to be back

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Also this little passage of play was nice:

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Anyone know how long is kelliher out for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Karius to return from loan..

Fúck off!

They were saying 6/8 weeks when he had the surgery on his wrist that was just at the start of pre season so I would guess all going right the end of this month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Fúck off!

He'll do short term. As long as we don't get Madrid in the Champs Lge

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Season just started and the bitching starts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Great start to season and you can't be disappointed with a 4-1 win but just a shame we didn't kick on that 2nd half, trent and gomez were poor, matip shouldn't be dropped i mo, hendo was good but gini and fab may aswell not have played origi although good goal is a hopeless case on the left of that front 3,ox and Keith must have been rested for wednesday

Thought he was brilliant out there to be honest, best performer in the front 3 today for me.

My MotM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭klose

Looked sharp in midfield and upfront. Defence a bit off, was surprised to see gomez get ahead of matip tbh. Allison being injured obviously a big blow but hopefully not too long out. Plenty positives anyways, onto the super cup midweek!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭54and56

gini and fab may aswell not have played origi although good goal is a hopeless case on the left of that front 3

I don't understand any of this, were my eyes watching something completely different?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

54&56 wrote: »
    I don't understand any of this, were my eyes watching something completely different?

It's what shamrock does. All the time.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Thought he was brilliant out there to be honest, best performer in the front 3 today for me.

My MotM.

I dunno, bit of a one trick pony always cutting in on his right, think he went to the byline once in the game, mane created more in his first 60seconds when he came on

First goal came from him taking it to the byline and crossing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    He's probably behind everyone in terms of preseason prep though, since he's not just coming back from time off, he was actually injured. So i'd say they'll take it slow enough with him if he's not actively needed. Will probably get some minutes in our next glorified friendly during the week.

I want that one midweek.
    If we're gonna try something out...VVD on the right!
    I got a bit annoyed when Mane came on.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

I dunno, bit of a one trick pony always cutting in on his right, think he went to the byline once in the game, mane created more in his first 60seconds when he came on

tenor.gif

Did you just compliment a player?

Thought Firmino looked really good, myself.

67840222_10158157266337573_8660396824730796032_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_oc=AQkE5DwBg2vMSGHugxSgpJZmEB4MCQ3Db3TZ0IMDaEVkNokORFoYdlRX2F6zAFcnzQhxXpk7fWPIXzK9AbuZMJDr&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=8cd3f874ca3cbd722cc4a7f339eb2d20&oe=5DDC2745

• Advertisement

They were saying 6/8 weeks when he had the surgery on his wrist that was just at the start of pre season so I would guess all going right the end of this month.
    Liverpool are likely to turn to Caoimhin Kelleher as Adrian’s understudy for the Super Cup fixture, with the youngster having recently returned to training following a broken wrist.

Klopp said: “Caoimhin is not [injured], he is back in training but not at 100 per cent. We have to see how he reacts now.

“One of the very young ones is not even allowed to play, he is only 16 [Jakub Ojrzynski], and the other one [Vitezslav Jaros] had an elbow injury early in the pre-season, so we’re a bit short in that position.”

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/360061-alisson-becker-injury-update?utm_source=Social&utm_medium=TwitterWebsiteCards&utm_content=Digital&utm_campaign=LFCTwitterCards

ebbsy wrote: »
    Sky are talking through their arse.

Norwich are scutter.

Disagree. They are game. OG got us off the mark and a bit of pinball wizard,2 nil.
    They have (short term?) issues at CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Don’t encourage that. :pac:

The easy thing would be for the mod who was supposed to be monitoring it to actually step in and stop the constant disruption on the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Loved the sheer power of VVD just walking in with the defender at arms length to head the goal. Tank!

Owl. wrote: »
    tenor.gif

Did you just compliment a player?

Thought Firmino looked really good, myself.

I always compliment players when they deserve it, I thought hendo was MotM, Bobby was good too in fairness, mo also had his moments, the rest of the starters were ordinary at best.
    It's early days of course we'll only improve performance wise

• Advertisement

Daemonic wrote: »
    Loved the sheer power of VVD just walking in with the defender at arms length to head the goal. Tank!

Fabs basketball screening made that/probably heard a shout.

ElTel wrote: »
    Fabs basketball screening made that/probably heard a shout.

That was great by Fab and something easily over looked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Firmino was excellent in my eyes, he's such a hard working front man the way he closes down the opposition trying to force them into giving up possession. He's also very unselfish the amount of times he tried to play Salah in was ridiculous.
    I'd say the guy would share his last Roll.

Another thing to note: While he didn't score Henderson did have 2 shots from inside the box today, hoping to see more of that, and some goals with it, from him in a more advanced role when Fab is on the pitch.

For now I think I would prefer Matip playing alongside VVD especially with TAA not up to speed and open to defensive brain farts, Gomez doesn't have the experience to see that happening.

As talented as they both are they are still open to making simple mistakes.

That was great by Fab and something easily over looked.

Multi tasking needs a call though....Origi a quiet sort or did Bobby ignore him?
    I want 15 assists between Mo and Mane to EACHOTHER.

Would have preferred matip to start the season alongside Virgi, doesn't deserve to be dropped as he was excellent last season, thinks he's calmer in defence and is excellent at carrying the ball out of defence a bit like jockey Hanson, he's also a much better goal threat then gomez

ElTel wrote: »
    Multi tasking needs a call though....Origi a quiet sort or did Bobby ignore him?
    I want 15 assists between Mo and Mane to EACHOTHER.

I think a lot is made of the players being a bit selfish well except for Bobby. I also think a lot of that is down to the other players not calling for the ball.

Our front players all know what the other can do and seem happy to let each other be greedy.

They very rarely show frustration with each other after they have tried something that didn't come off because they would have done and have done and will do the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

He didn’t though, Origi set up one and scored one, and did a lot of the things Mane does - who also always cuts in on his right... it’s just what our wide forwards do, with the right footer coming in from the left, and the lefty coming in from the right... the fullbacks are there for swinging balls in.

Origi was also always in the right places. Look at Salah’s goal - if he doesn’t go for a difficult chance, Origi has checked his run and gotten free for an easy tap in if Salah had passed. Was in a great position for an easy shot minutes before if Salah had passed instead of running into trouble then too, and he was also the one in the right spot to score for that chance that Bob took off him while trying to contort into an unlikely shooting position. Origi was actually pretty perfect as a wide forward today.

I think a lot is made of the players being a bit selfish well except for Bobby. I also think a lot of that is down to the other players not calling for the ball.

Our front players all know what the other can do and seem happy to let each other be greedy.

They very rarely show frustration with each other after they have tried something that didn't come off because they would have done and have done and will do the same thing.

So it's coached? Between the lines and no square ball 'cos counter is a prob?
    Stats probably have us top tier so I'm not going to call us wasteful...so lacking composure or too predictable.

TL/DR Greedy

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement